Stay at home mom needs work at home-any ideas?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2007, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a stay at home mom, my husband is a firefighter and are needing some extra income. Does anyone work from home or have any ideas for me? I have read a lot on the internet of "stay at home mom jobs" but I think a lot of them are a scam. If anyone has some suggestions taht would be GREAT!

Thanks
Emily in Texas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2007, 03:15 AM

Your best bet is if you have some sort of professional skill that you can use at home. In my experience most work at home jobs are either a self-run business or an extension of a person's previous employment and expertise. for example, I work as a non-profit manager and grant writer. I can do some of that from home and so I do. If I needed to be at home full-time I could take in contract grant writing for various non-profits or something related to fundraising or data managment for non-profits or political activities.

Another possibilty is work you could do with your child. I have a friend that cleans houses with a baby in a sling. Or taking in a child or two for childcare.

Katie, mama to one big boy (6/03) and one little boy (12/08).
It is never the wrong time to do the right thing.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:08 AM

You can sell items online thru ebay, Amazon, etc. I think this works best if you have a major interest in the items you are selling, though. I sell books online, and it wouldn't be worth it (i.e. boring!) if I didn't love books so much.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

User Tag List