BioKleen-vs-Seventh Generation? Product reviews needed! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-07-2007, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The following is a shopping list of things I'm planning to order next week.

The place I am ordering from also has BioKleen brand products.

Does anyone have any comments on whether they think BioKleen is better than Seventh Gen? I've used the Life Tree Laundry soap before and I liked it. However I wonder if the other brands might be better? Cost isn't a concern, I just want what is best for our family AND for the environment!

I'm not sure I'll actually order the 7th Gen toilet cleaner. I think that vinegar, BS and borax would be just as effective (we never let our toilets get gross!).

Also, what about the JASON products?? Are they good?

1 HB018 Dr. Bronner's Hemp Baby-Mild Pure Castile Soap Org, 1 qt $14.49 This will be used as an additive to homemade cleaners

1 NF022 Life Tree Laundry Liquid, 1 gal $27.99

1 NF190 Seventh Gen. Toilet Bowl Cleaner, 32 oz, $5.05

1 NF375 Seventh Gen. Auto. Dishwashing Powder, Free & Clear, 75 oz, $7.65
1 NF402 Seventh Gen. ChlorineFree Bleach, Free & Clear, 64 oz, $5.29

1 HB594 JASON Kids Only! Extra Gentle Shampoo, 17.5 oz, $6.69

1 HB592 JASON Tea Tree Shampoo, 17.5 oz, $6.69
#2 of 5 Old 05-07-2007, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After much trial and error, this is what I use now all the time and am very satisfied with:

Seventh Generation Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner (mint)

Seventh Generation Natural All-Purpose Cleaner (general daily cleaning...counters, appliances, etc)

Earth Friendly Products Window Cleaner with Lavendar

Biokleen All Temp Laundry Detergent (powder and liquid)

Biokleen Bac-out (great for stains)

Biokleen Hand Dishwash Liquid

Biokleen Produce Wash

Biokleen Automatic Dish Powder

Biokleen Soy Cream Cleaner for Kitchen and Bath (I clean everything with this stuff)

For kid stuff, I much prefer California Baby over everything I've tried, including Dr. Bronners baby, Burts Bees and others.

As you can see, I prefer Biokleen for most things.

Everything I have listed is available is drugstore.com .
#3 of 5 Old 05-07-2007, 02:25 PM

I can't believe I didn't try harder to find this stuff! It's like magic on stains on my 4yos shirts! (You know the food stains around the collar and on the front top portion!)

I like the 7th Gen cleaner because it's pre-made and my children use it when it's their turn to clean inside the toilet!
#4 of 5 Old 05-07-2007, 11:49 PM

I'm a fan of BioKleen's all purpose cleaner and like it better than Seventh Generation because it is concentrated (dilute 1 part cleaner to 32 parts water for most projects). Seventh Generations glass cleaner is top-notch.
#5 of 5 Old 05-08-2007, 01:54 AM

Bac-out is great. Unfortunately my foaming spray nozzle broke: I've been finding that borax works very well in the toilet and have decided against purchasing my usual seventh gen as I am getting sick of all the packaging. This is prompting me to make most of my own cleaning products, detergents, etc... and it's really working out well. I always used to love buying Seventh Generation products and such, but now I'm starting to feel like it's all a bit wasteful. I wish they would offer bulk refill stations at stores to cut down on all of the packaging. I wasn't too fond of the soy cleaner from bio kleen. I didn't really like the scent and I think most of the cleaners that I make work better. As for the Jason products, they would definitely not be my first choice. I prefer Aubrey Organics, especially their kids soap.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page