roach in the dishwasher! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2007, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:
how the heck did he get in there? we have a drawer dishwasher that is really, really well sealed. when i opened it up this morning to unload last night's wash, there was a roach scurrying around on my cups!!

it took me forever to get him out and then i washed the whole load again. but it's got me wondering how often they get in there. i guess i need to start unloading immediately or track down the manual and figure out how to set the delay. i am completely disgusted.

anyone else have this problem (that they know of)? any ideas??

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2007, 01:19 AM

Roaches can travel through pipes, so is it possible that it could have come up through the drain pipe?
Old 06-15-2007, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
Roaches can travel through pipes, so is it possible that it could have come up through the drain pipe?
More likely an air vent. There are air vents to the dishwasher that are open when the dishwater isn't running. They are usually right on the front of the washer but they can be anywhere.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:09 PM

This just happened to me last week (I had TWO!!!) I was completely grossed out. I ran the DW empty with borax which I've really good luck with in the past as far as killing them. I haven't seen one since but we live in an old house with lots of pine and oak trees around so we are like a major hotel for roaches. I keep lots of boric acid balls (BA, flour and water, then make balls) in the cabinets and under the sink. This usually helps keep them at bay in my kitchen. Occasionally, however, the sneakly little varmits end up breaching the barriers anyway. GROSSS....:

User Tag List