I want GOOD pillows!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2008, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I sewed a pillow for my DH several months ago using a cotton cover and wool batting from Wazoodle. He rejected it, saying the batting was too lumpy. I've tried a few different variations -- stuffing it differently, buying alpaca (Pacafil) batting to stuff it (unfortunately, that *really* didn't work because it's too thin and compacted already), "massaging" the wool batting, etc. I tried another attempt today and my DH said it just wasn't going to work. : Keep in mind he's really picky about his pillows. Really, really picky.

The lumpiness *is* an issue, but wool pillows compact so I think the lumps could be minimized with use. But my DH isn't willing to do that.

Kristin

Mama to Laurel '06 & high needs Will '09
Crunchy in mainstream suburbia | Sleep-deprived WAHM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2008, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
http://www.thecompanystore.com/

The company store has quality qualofil pillows. People who are allergic to down get this kind of filling.

Their down filled pillows and comforters are good also.

Satin pillows are nice also for bedhead.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
Old 06-15-2008, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a wool pillow and I love it. I sleep on my side, so I needed a somewhat firmer pillow, but I still like my pillows soft. It seems to work well with my allergies, though I also have a dust mite cover on it. It has never lost its shape. I haven't been fluffing it, but maybe I will start.

User Tag List