Bleached crotch in black underwear?!?!?! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 90 Old 02-02-2008, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This happens to me too. I'm glad Im not the only one.

Mama to 3

#62 of 90 Old 02-02-2008, 09:34 PM

Happens to me, too... always thought it was a CM thing. So I switched to white underwear. But I must note that I just bought a black pair of underwear made of silk a month or two ago, and it hasn't happened with these undies. Usually I wear cotton... hmm, maybe silk is acid crotch resistant?
#63 of 90 Old 02-02-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sweeties1Angel View Post
Can you imagine asking your doctor about this? Mine would give me that "WTF is wrong with you?" look.

I've had the crotch bleaching before, too, but I have no clue what causes it. Maybe I should ask my doctor next time I see him just to see how he reacts. I bet nobody's ever asked about that before.

I think I just woke up DS laughing!
#64 of 90 Old 02-04-2008, 05:39 AM

I have only had this happen with one pair, but it was an older pair that I wore through both of my pregnancies (until they didn't fit anymore, that is). Doesn't the pH of everything change during pregnancy? Could that be it? Have any of the other bleached undies on this thread seen a pregnancy?
#65 of 90 Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eben'sMama View Post
I have only had this happen with one pair, but it was an older pair that I wore through both of my pregnancies (until they didn't fit anymore, that is). Doesn't the pH of everything change during pregnancy? Could that be it? Have any of the other bleached undies on this thread seen a pregnancy?
It seems to happen to me whether I'm pregnant or not. I even remember it happening when I was a teenager.

Weird.

I'm incredibly amused that this thread is now 4 pages

It's good to know that I'm not the only one.
#66 of 90 Old 02-04-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eben'sMama View Post
I seemed to have stopped bleaching undies when I became pregnant, and now it I am not sure if it is happening anymore (bc it happened so much, I am used to it now). It used to happen before I was pg, and I think now that I am not pg, but when I was pg, everything was different.

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#67 of 90 Old 02-05-2008, 03:07 AM

I am so glad that this happens to other people!! I have always wondered! So do we "know" officially why it happens?
#68 of 90 Old 02-05-2008, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara232 View Post
I am so glad that this happens to other people!! I have always wondered! So do we "know" officially why it happens?
Not really, it's been speculated that it could be a PH issue, many women have said that it happens during pregnancy, and not other times, and some say it stops when they are pregnant, and others like me have had it happen for decades, pregnant or not.

THe mystery continues! At least we know that there are a lot of us in the ...
Sisterhood of the Magical Bleaching Hoo-Hoo's
#69 of 90 Old 02-07-2008, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianna11 View Post
Sisterhood of the Magical Bleaching Hoo-Hoo's

#70 of 90 Old 03-04-2008, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

So I bought new underwear around the time I started this thread and guess what?

They're bleachey already!!!

Ugh, can't win.

I wonder if I should just start sewing white crotches into my black underwear.
#71 of 90 Old 03-04-2008, 02:55 PM

Haha... I always thought I was the only one! It started sometime in my mid-teens... pretty much any colored panties end up with the bleachy spot. It's just "normal" for some of us, I guess?

It's so crazy -- I usually hang my clothes to dry (comes with the : territory), and I hand most small items indoors: washcloths, socks, undies. I am actually not too worried about company seeing my underwear, but I am worried they might see the bleachy spots!

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
#72 of 90 Old 04-21-2008, 04:36 PM

I also feel better knowing it isn't just me.. I have never told anyone but I am sure my husband has seen the orange/red marks.. I thought maybe it was the acid in my urine because it all started after having my kids and of course the bladder leakage started then too...lol.. I have always had high amounts of CM but never had this. So I thought maybe I am not drinking enough water... But after finding this thread I'm wondering if it has anything to do with semen/CM combination. I have noticed ever since having children that my husband's semen irritates me and also creates a strange odor..: if I don't shower immediatly afterward. I know that is probably TMI but I am wondering if this is the case with anyone else...I mean look I thought I was the only one with the super who ha that bleaches undies... It also does not happen to my satin underwear, just cotten.
#73 of 90 Old 04-21-2008, 05:25 PM

Enlightening thread, I must say! LOL

Add me to the Sisterhood of the Magical Bleaching Hoo-Hoo's!

However, I don't recall the timing...like teenage years, pregnancy, post-partum, etc. I'm guessing always, but have no true idea. I DO know, however, that my pH is "normal". My chiropractor tests me every visit and I have the pH paper strip roll somewhere. He tests my saliva. If I find my pH roll, I'll test my CM. Like others, I have CM nearly every day of my cycle.

Meanwhile, I have a friend who is a doula and I'll ask her. She and I have the oddest conversations already, so I'm not embarrassed to ask her. LOL

On another front, I was raised by my father and HE is the one who suggested having different panties for "that time of the month". I use all-cotton panties in random colors (pink, lavender, floral, etc). I am curious about any "bleaching" effects on these... I've never paid attention to that before. Hmmm... I've only noticed it on my black and navy cotton VS panties (not relegated to "that time" LOL). I mostly wear skin-tone all-cotton panties on a daily basis.

Off to check my panty drawer now... and call my doula friend...

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#74 of 90 Old 04-21-2008, 07:44 PM

Okay, well, I had to run off to pick up my DD from school (walking) and I called my doula friend. We had a few laughs and she was at home. She went into her undies drawer and discovered a bit of bleaching action, too. She had never thought of this before. Our conversation ultimately landed on there are a lot of factors that could cause this. I bet she checks into this further!!! LOL

Meanwhile, I haven't checked the rest yet.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#75 of 90 Old 04-22-2008, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swd12422 View Post
Ummm.... Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything....
But are ALL of you saying (like at least 1 PP did) that the "bleaching" effect makes the fabric orange?
If so, it may be neither a girl thing nor a crotch thing exclusively. We have this issue with our sheets and towels, and I'm reasonably certain that at least some of the problem is coming from my DH! I thought he had acidic sweat or something. I can't figure it out, but there are orange smears and blotches all over my nice new towels. (Of course, the old cheap towels remain unaffected...)
But why would that make bleachy spots right in the crotch, and not in other parts of the undies, when the underwear is the same black cotton all around?

As for silk not getting bleached- I've read my Dharma Trading Company catalog enough times to know that silk gets bleached with a different chemical process than cotton, so it makes sense that whatever it is that changes the color on cotton fabric might not have the same effect on silk (or it might take longer to get affected, or something else altogether might affect the silk.)

I find it curious that many people have had their pH tested and were "normal" and have the bleaching happen- but nobody who doesn't have this issue seems to have had their pH tested at all. I wonder if you'd have to have your pH "too alkaline" to not get the acid-crotch effect.

I just had to pause posting to check my underwear drawer. I only have a few pairs of undies that don't have white crotches. I can't seem to tel if I have magical vaginal secretions or not- my purple and black undies seem "more worn out" in the crotch area than elsewhere, but it's not a distinctive bleaching effect.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#76 of 90 Old 04-23-2008, 12:45 PM

The acidity in your vagina is determined by hormones, as well as the microflora that naturally live there. An acid vagina prevents overgrowth or colonization by harmful microbial flora; and sometimes a higher (i.e., less acid) pH in the vagina can be associated with yeast infections and even some STDs. Your vagina also gets less acid when you're pg....which is why some mamas noticed they didn't bleach when they were pg!

So....that makes me wonder....if you're bleachin' your undies, maybe it's just a sign of (nonpregnant) good vaginal health?
#77 of 90 Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheygirl View Post
So....that makes me wonder....if you're bleachin' your undies, maybe it's just a sign of (nonpregnant) good vaginal health?
I hope so!!!

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#78 of 90 Old 04-23-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grappler93 View Post
... But after finding this thread I'm wondering if it has anything to do with semen/CM combination. I have noticed ever since having children that my husband's semen irritates me and also creates a strange odor..: if I don't shower immediatly afterward. I know that is probably TMI but I am wondering if this is the case with anyone else...I mean look I thought I was the only one with the super who ha that bleaches undies... It also does not happen to my satin underwear, just cotten.
Well, I can't join the Sisterhood of the Magical Bleaching Hoo-Hoo's... I really want to pH test my junk now

but you aren't the only one with the semen/CM funk after sex... and only since giving birth! I hate it. I wouldn't call it an odor, more like a stench Anyone know what could cause that one?

---feeling like an emu on acid---
#79 of 90 Old 04-23-2008, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheygirl View Post
The acidity in your vagina is determined by hormones, as well as the microflora that naturally live there. An acid vagina prevents overgrowth or colonization by harmful microbial flora; and sometimes a higher (i.e., less acid) pH in the vagina can be associated with yeast infections and even some STDs. Your vagina also gets less acid when you're pg....which is why some mamas noticed they didn't bleach when they were pg!

Holy SMokes! After 70-some-odd replies, someone knows the answer to my question!!! Thank you so much

Huh, I guess this means that the "Sisterhood of the Magical Bleaching Hoo-Hoo's" are a healthy bunch!
#80 of 90 Old 04-23-2008, 03:08 PM

Okay, I have a bleaching hoo hoo too.

I have noticed that post coital odor seems "bleachy." It smells a bit like bleach to me, BUT if I go work out after sex, it gets funky, really funky, really really really funky.
#81 of 90 Old 05-01-2008, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibana View Post
Yup, my nether regions eat undies too. I'm glad I'm not alone- I thought I was some kind of freak.
I apparently also have an undie eating crotch monster too. I always found it baffling to get holes in the crotch part and no where else.
#82 of 90 Old 05-01-2008, 10:48 PM

Just gotta love you ladies :. I've had a few black crotches bleach but not all.
I just thought it depended on the dye in the cotton, and how it reacted to the acid in CM. Would it be the same reason I have 2 cotton t-shirts out of the many I've owned and worn that bleached under the arms. I had to throw them out, and I only use the same crystal deoderant all the time. And my others are fine, it was just those two that did it, so I thought it was the dye again.
Oh, and i have to add about the crotch thing. My sister once had a stream of tiny black ants get into her undie drawer and they ate the crotches in her undies. She is super clean and she was horrified. Must be a chemical residue stays in the cloth or something : Her DH got great amusement out of calling her "SugarBabe" for weeks after. :
#83 of 90 Old 05-01-2008, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillydilly View Post
Her DH got great amusement out of calling her "SugarBabe" for weeks after. :

#84 of 90 Old 05-02-2008, 01:17 AM

Hmmm... no bleaching here, even though a lot of my underwear are dark. But I'm glad that a couple people posted about the crotch getting "worn out" prematurely, and someone else has staining on lighter underwear, because those are my issues.

It is funny that none of us have ever talked to anyone about this before! Yay MDC!
#85 of 90 Old 05-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Banned

Add me to the list of those with magical bleaching hoo-hoos. Amazingly, I can also stain undies an interesting shade of pale yellow (it's not pee). It's been a problem since I started wearing undies.
#86 of 90 Old 01-30-2014, 11:10 AM

So I myself was worried over this issue so I googles it...google didn't help much so I caved and asked my mom being 22 it was slightly embarassing but she is a labor and delivery nurse so I figured why not?... the answer is your vaginal ph balance is off enough to have a bleaching effect.its something you can't quite control since you don't know if your levels are too high or too low...
#87 of 90 Old 01-31-2014, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)

So, this doesn't happen to me but I did just read through all five pages of this thread because I really want to know what causes it! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#88 of 90 Old 02-12-2014, 06:29 PM

Well, I have good news for the bleach-crotch sisterhood (of which I am a member myself)...

It's likely caused by a hydrogen-peroxide-producing bacteria.

And at least according to this study, some of those bacteria are thought to be possibly beneficial to the vaginal ecosystem:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC267286/

And it is a very common phenomenon (as beautifully illustrated in this hilarious thread)

However, if you're having any symptoms along with the bleaching problem, I'd still mention it to your doctor.

Hope that's helpful! 

#89 of 90 Old 05-18-2014, 10:37 AM

Help a poor foreign girl out here: What does cm mean? wikipedia suggests the following http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CM

Im guessing its not crystal meth or chochlate milk though..

#90 of 90 Old 05-18-2014, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
What does cm mean?

I would guess cervical mucous.

I don't think I saw this thread before but I do this too but only when I am pregnant, like it is one of my very first pregnancy symptoms before anything else. Weird.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page