What kind of floor is in your kitchen/dining room? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 02-06-2008, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have Pergo in the kitchen and dining room. The rest of the house is hardwood, except for the bathrooms, which are ceramic tile. I like the hardwood better than the Pergo, but it's not today's prefinished hardwood; it's 50 yo hardwood that's original to the house and was refinished last year. It has a lot of character and holds up great.
#32 of 36 Old 02-06-2008, 04:10 PM

We have maple hardwood in our kitchen and nook. Carpet in our formal dinning room. I love having hardwoods! They are so warm and inviting. I sweep once a day and lightly mop once every 2 weeks.
#33 of 36 Old 02-06-2008, 05:56 PM

Hardwood in the dining room and Marmoleum in the kitchen.
#34 of 36 Old 02-06-2008, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Whew! Thats more responses than I expected! I think we will go with the wood. When we first came to look at the house, almost 2 years ago, my first thought was ooh wood floors would look beautiful in here! And I've been waiting 2 years, so wood it is! Thanks!!
#35 of 36 Old 02-10-2008, 06:04 PM

We have ceramic right now, but when we replace the kitchen, hopefully next year, we are putting hardwood down.
#36 of 36 Old 02-10-2008, 06:23 PM

we have hardwood in our dining room and black/white vinyl tiles in our kitchen. however, when we do our big kitchen remodel, we are looking at slate (or slate looking ceramic tiles) with radiant floor heating underneath, or cork.

i'd actually LOVE to put in hardwood floors in the kitchen, but we have the original hardwood flooring throughout the entire house and would have a REALLY hard time making it match up.....our house is about 73 years old. and i think it looks odd when you have different hardwoods like that. but i think there's absolutely nothing more durable than hardwood....and it would be pretty fabulous in a kitchen!

: : vicki ~ wife & mom of 2 amazing kids
live well ~ laugh often ~ love much

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page