Kitchen Floor: What kind of colors work? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-22-2008, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to redecorate our apartment, and get the flooring redone. At the moment in the kitchen we have linoleum tiles that are mostly white with pinkish-beige designs. I can visualize most of the changes I want in the apartment, but I have no clue what kind of kitchen floor tiles I want, except that they will be linoleum. Otherwise the cabinets are medium-dark wood, the oven is an old pink-brown, and though the walls are now white I am planning to paint them sage green.

What kind of colors and/or patterns would you recommend, what works in a kitchen, what looks good?

What kind of flooring do you have in your kitchen and what do you think about it?
#2 of 3 Old 02-22-2008, 12:41 AM

I'd stick with neutrals or natural colors, and preferably something forgiving to a little dirt. We had wood floors in our old kitchen, which I liked a lot. In this kitchen we have nasty icky green linoleum that I wish I could replace with either wood or a natural-color tile.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#3 of 3 Old 02-22-2008, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Light wood colored linoleum sounds great. DH had nixed it, but I asked him again and he was more in favor this time. I sort of would love to have cork, but this is a rental and whether the building pays for it or not we might as well go for the cheaper option. I'm still trying to imagine different possiblities though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page