Ticks, fleas, how can I safely treat my yard? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-15-2008, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Every summer we typically get a bad flea infestation (we have 2 dogs that go out in our yard often). In the past we've sprayed the yard with various flea and tick sprays that attach to our hose and keep the kids inside for a few days because of all the nasty chemicals in them. I'd like to treat the yard with something but was wondering if there are any sprays out there that are effective for fleas and ticks but not harmful to kids and dogs. Partly because it's such a PITA to keep the kids inside when it's nice out (and walk the dogs in the front yard for a few days is annoying as well)... and partly because I'm really trying to use more natural products and not yucky chemicals. Was wondering if any of you had used any natural products that work well? Kind of in a time crunch on this one as I found a tick on my 2 yr old DD this morning... DH is planning to go out and buy something on Saturday to treat the yard so I need something quickly... he does not want to risk the kids being bitten again by ticks. Thanks so much for your help, sorry this is a bit rambling but I tend to wig out a bit about this sort of thing.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
www.tickencounter.org has landscaping methods to reduce tick populations.

Personally, I will use chemicals for ticks and poison ivy. That is for my child's safety! PM me for a product suggestion.

User Tag List