Organic clothing for kids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-13-2008, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groan if you must, but I have started looking online for a few cute back to school outfits for the kids.

I have Googled and Googled, but am unable to find organic clothing for kids. Every site seems to only go up to a size 4T or 5T. What about my 5yo and 7yo? They are still little (at least to me). I need some size 5 or 6 for my ds and maybe 10s for my dd.

Where are the organic kids clothes hiding?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-14-2008, 11:14 AM

Hanna Andersson has some that goes right up to size 12.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#3 of 9 Old 07-15-2008, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Twinkle!

Doesn't it seem like with all of the talk of going green and green materials it should be easier to find organic cotton clothing for kids? I'm guessing that other people are having this same problem since there was only one reply. Bummer...
#4 of 9 Old 07-27-2008, 01:51 AM

Hi - I second the hanna andersson clothes. They don't have those horrible chemical smells so many other clothes do. I have one item from Kate Quinn -it seems nice quality, thickish organic cotton & a very cute/simple cut. They have some going up to size 8 on their website for boys & girls.
#5 of 9 Old 07-27-2008, 09:41 PM

It's very difficult to find older kids organic clothes beyond t-shirts, I find. By older I mean anything beyond 8. There used to be a company, kids-nature, i think it was called, online that seemed to have stuff, but I'm pretty sure they're out of buisness. Hanna Andersson is a little too bright and matchy for my almost 10 y/o, although we swear by the undies and tights. If I can't do organic, I do recycled in the form of consignment.
#6 of 9 Old 07-28-2008, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karne View Post
It's very difficult to find older kids organic clothes beyond t-shirts, I find. By older I mean anything beyond 8. There used to be a company, kids-nature, i think it was called, online that seemed to have stuff, but I'm pretty sure they're out of buisness. Hanna Andersson is a little too bright and matchy for my almost 10 y/o, although we swear by the undies and tights. If I can't do organic, I do recycled in the form of consignment.
You feel my pain!

The family just took a vacation to Burlington, VT (a pretty granola town). There was a fair trade store with organic cotton tee shirts. The shirts were sized infant and toddler....then, adult. What about the kids? And those were just tee shirts.

I agree about the Hannah Anderson. My almost 8 yo will wear the jammies, but the clothing is not her style anymore. Although, the jammies and undies seem like the only organics they have.

All I want is a company that sells simple shirts and pants (even sweat material). I wonder what I would have to do to start a company like that? I do have a friend who works for the cotton council....
#7 of 9 Old 07-30-2008, 08:52 AM

H&M carry organic kids clothes: Jeans, shirts, skirts. It's not a huge selection, but they have some items. I don't think they have a US online store, so you would probably have to find a RL shop near you or have it send from somewhere in EU.
#8 of 9 Old 07-31-2008, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstridS View Post
H&M carry organic kids clothes
A few years ago I was in DC and did really well buying the kid's clothes at H&M. I will have to search around and find a closer location.

Thanks for the tip!
#9 of 9 Old 08-02-2008, 01:49 AM

http://www.ohgeezorganic.com - Goes up to 7/8 years old. Made in USA organic baby to kids clothes.

http://www.newjammies.com - Pajamas , organic, goes up to 6 yr olds

http://www.gardenkidsclothing.com - goes up to 8 years old!

Hope you find things!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page