• Other

Votes: 9 2.5%

How cluttered is your house?

8K views 174 replies 144 participants last post by  ~Boudicca~ 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by velochic View Post
Even with my super-fast internet connection, it took forever to download.

Less clutter than #1. I'm a neat freak and dh and I are minimalists.
I was cracking up. We're less than picture #1 because I would never allow newspapers to be nicely folded on an end table. That'd drive me crazy lol.

#4 ·
We're a 1. I would go mad if my house was any messier. Of course, throughout the day dishes get left on the table and toys are strewn about, but I HAVE to clean it up at the end of the day.

#7 ·
I voted 1. Although we do have a junk room that is probably around a level 7. That's the yard sale room
If we want to get rid of something it goes in there till the yard sale. DH is about a 2-3 so I spend a lot of time picking up crap. Maybe I should vote a 2?

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *clementine* View Post
I was cracking up. We're less than picture #1 because I would never allow newspapers to be nicely folded on an end table. That'd drive me crazy lol.

Yep... and I don't put any knick-knacks around the house. If it doesn't have a purpose, it's gone. Dd will get out a set of playthings, but then knows to put them away before she moves on to the next fun thing.

#12 ·
This reminds me.
One time I was complaining to my sister about how cluttered my house felt even though I'd JUST decluttered it.
She was like "Do you mind if I declutter your first floor for you?" I looked around and told her to have at it.
It was sooo much better when she was done.
I think of myself as below level 1, but sometimes I slip up.
After making the comment about the newspapers laying out in that picture, I looked at the small bookshelf next to me. Eh Gads! It's bad. There's DVDs on it, but other things have found their way onto it out of necessity. Even though I straighten it, one of these days I'm doing another overhaul. I just literally feel awful if my space isn't clean.

#14 ·
well, between a 2 and a 3...but there is no trash, and stuff isn't piled on beds. hard to explain. dh has too much computer crap in the living room and our room, and it'd displaced some of my stuff. And i'm trying to minimize all my stuff.

#19 ·
I'm back to add. My bedroom has some serious clothing clutter going on around the perameters of the room. We don't have a dresser at the moment, so our clothing is in bins on the floor. The unhung stuff. Then there's the toddler bed in there with all the blankets piled up on it. Our room looks awful even though I just cleaned it. It's supposed to be very zen like in there. I'm going to have to restore it to it's "should be" state. Which is going to take an afternoon to do.
When I went to do laundry, I took stock of the basement. It's a level 2. We only use it for storage and doing laundry though. About once every season I borrow a truck from someone and unload/clear out the basement. I've known that it's needed done this Spring and didn't do it.....so now it's really needing it. Meh. I don't much care.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AutumnBreeze View Post
well, this is certainly embarrassing.

come on, someone has to have a house like mine!!
Don't worry, I'm not a one!

And if I had to judge my hall closet... well, it's hard to open the door sometimes. All the junk gets tossed in there. I try not to think about it much!

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
Don't worry, I'm not a one!

And if I had to judge my hall closet... well, it's hard to open the door sometimes. All the junk gets tossed in there. I try not to think about it much!
The closet in our bedroom is almost like that (was like that not too long ago, have no fear). I took about 4 laundry baskets of stuff to the Goodwill.

We're moving once dh get off disability, so as i'm packing, i'm purging, or will be.

#22 ·
My house feels very messy to me, but I am only a #2, my laundry storage room that only has clothes and storage is the only one where things are actually often heaped on floor.

The higher #'d pictures seem so unrealistic to me. Then again my own mother's house is probably a #5-6 or higher. Though existing in her space is also pretty unrealistic for me.

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AutumnBreeze View Post
We're moving once dh get off disability, so as i'm packing, i'm purging, or will be.
This will be us in a few months. I am dreading having to wade through it. Part of me wants to just toss everything in the garbage without looking at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.