Traditional Homemaking Skills - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 618 Old 12-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question for any business-minded mamas: Are patterns expensive? Do people buy vintage patterns? There are a TON at my local thrift store -- I mean, a ton -- for I think 25 cents each. Some are outdated, but many are vintage styles that would be popular today.
#182 of 618 Old 12-04-2008, 08:21 PM

I'm excited to see your binder too, I'm just getting mine off the ground and always eager to see what others have deemed important to store there. And cute is awesome, I am all about the cute!
#183 of 618 Old 12-04-2008, 09:37 PM

I this thread! I'm slowly headed down the path of traditional homemaking. My newest thing is learning to knit. I'm slow and clumsy, but getting better. Hopefully, attending my weekly knitting meet up will help.

Anyway, I put together a home management binder about a year ago, and I secretly thought it would be one of those things that I spent hours and hours working on but would never really use enough to justify the effort. Instead, I've actually found it indispensable! Here are my sections:
  • Not labeled - first section (routines for morning/afternoon/evening, 1-year overview calendar, main contact list, and resolutions for the year)
  • Daily Planner (weekly schedule with my main "to do" list)
  • Personalized Cleaning Checklist
  • Unschooling Record Keeper
  • Food (food log - I'm slimming down, meal planning, grocery list, price lists by grocery store, grocery receipts I need to keep for this reason or that, a list of meals we all like, coupons, and tons of recipes)
  • To Do Lists (I like to make lists, so this is the section for that - currently includes a working xmas gift list, my xmas card list, and things I need to do around the house)
  • Addresses and Contact Info
  • Household (our annual drinking water report, recycling guidelines, etc.)
  • Important Info (copies of S.S. cards and birth certificates, etc.)
  • Medical (prescriptions, doctors' contact info, etc.)
  • Budget (budget print outs, monthly calendar where I record all budgeted and non-budgeted expenditures in different color ink, and a folder for bills with stamps and envelopes)

I truly do use it on a daily basis. It's nice to have so many areas of my life gathered all together in one cute, flowered binder. I highly recommend creating one. I scoured the Internet for ideas when I made mine, and there are lots of good sites out there with tutorials, photos and ingenious ideas. It's a fun project - especially choosing what to use for the cover of each section. The very front page of mine is a drawing ds did for it (our family with a few Pokemon), and the covers for each section are whimsical things I found on the Internet and printed off. It came out cuter than I expected, and I've loved using it all year.

Come visit us on Tangled Hill! One small family in a big, big world.
Peace through homemaking.
#184 of 618 Old 12-05-2008, 01:35 AM

Hi, I just subbed to this thread. In order of importance/skill, I crochet, bake, sew, cook mostly from scratch, garden, embroider, know some basic carpentry, and am generally awesome. Notice how I didn't say clean Oh, I'm also an obsessive planner who has my own wedding planning business.

I'm definitely a hardcore feminist who wants nothing more than to be a SAHM. I think the two can go very well together, despite the stereotypes.

I'm a few months out of a depression that stemmed from infertility, and I'm trying to become 'ready' and more functional by the time this little one arrives. Hence, why I'm here.

As for captain crunchy, it really depends on the sewing patterns. I think we all know the difference between something nasty from the 70's and something pretty from the 50's (or vice versa). Patterns don't have to be expensive at all, as I said. Joann's has a ton of sales.

I can't do a lot of sewing for myself these days as I'm knocked up, but I'm finishing a few items up from the summer (a wrap dress and a trench coat for a Carmen Sandiego costume; morning sickness killed htat one. Oh well, next year), and then I'll be making a mei tai. I'm also crocheting a blanket (how cliche) now, then probably working on some lace.

Yeah, I'm so old school I can make lace. sorta. Getting better, I swear.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#185 of 618 Old 12-05-2008, 02:50 AM

Oh, I like this thread! Can I join in too?

My Etsy Shop
Acorn Dolls~Wool Felt Crowns~Children's Craft Kits~Shooting Stars~Dancing Fairy Rings~Come On Over and Play!
#186 of 618 Old 12-05-2008, 02:53 AM

Joining. I knit, can draft my own patterns, sew, crochet, weave, cook, bake, darn, make lace, needlepoint, embroider.......also know some carpentry basics.

Wow....haven't thought about all of that in a very long time

Working jammin.gif Student Mama to a energy.gif4 y/o.

#187 of 618 Old 12-05-2008, 09:54 AM

Loving hearing info on home binders. Sounds like it can really work well if you know what is impt. to you and how to prioritize it. I'm gonna wait it out still b/c I think it might be more work then it's worth for me. However I have a feeling when we start homeschooling and the boys are in different activities, I can totally see where this would come in handy and that excites me. Right now things are pretty low key with two little ones and my little dayplanner is working well. Stick with what works right?

So I have a wierd question. People in my life have been really questioning me lately on how I get everything done. Or why I do the things I do. For example my sil and some cousins (all my age with their own families) were just blown away that I would host Thanksgiving. COuldn't figure it out for the life of them why I would want to do it. I usually get asked frequently how I get everything done. But one day my sil actually said to me that I had "too much time on my hands" after I told about my current crafting projects I had going on!? (too much time?? I do a million things all the time) Then I have a friend that has actually labeled me as adhd, asked about my past history and if I had racing thoughts...I guess she thinks I'm mental or manic or something cuz I'm always go go go. I for the life of me can't figure this out. Why do ppl constantly question how and why I do the things I do and how I get it done. I am fast person. I talk fast, I move fast. I am very busy. I am high functioning and a very effective person. I get things done. I like to have multiple things going on at once. I am great at multi tasking. Anyways I am putting this here b/c these questions all stem around how I work. My home is my work. I'm a sahm along with a few other things but the majority of my life is based in my home. I do a lot, I'm good at it and I get things done. Why do I get the sense it's seen as negative by others. Does anyone else deal with this? My dh thinks its b/c ppl arent used to homemakers anymore. They aren't used to the "little woman" who does all these things...cooks from scratch, sews, crafts home items, gifts etc along with everything else running a house requires. But I just dont know. Any thoughts are welcome.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#188 of 618 Old 12-05-2008, 10:05 AM

On a lighter note...
Do any of you find pure joy in repurposing? This is my newest thing I love to do in life. Not totally new, but I have gotten so good at it in the past year. Most recently I felted wool sweaters and am making my families Xmas stockings with them as well as the arms were made into wool pants for my boys..as well as a few to donate. I am currently saving my old towels that I will be replacing with organic ones (From the Linens and THings Going out of business sale! ). With the old towels I plan to dye and braid or crochet into rugs.

Please tell me your repurposing victories. I welcome the ideas and I just think it's such an awesome thing to do!!

#189 of 618 Old 12-05-2008, 01:23 PM

A Blog about my HMB. Yes, I started a blog this morning, just for you guys :

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#190 of 618 Old 12-05-2008, 06:32 PM

Looky what I found!!!! :

I was poking around the Apartment Therapy sticky in the decluttering board and someone had linked to this. Woot woot!!

Mamas I need help. I need a good daily rhythm and the drive to do it. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#191 of 618 Old 12-05-2008, 09:05 PM

Sharonanne-I'm now a follower on your HB blog! (I'm Mytruths)
It looks great.

MAGS-Thanks for the great website. That also makes things very clear for me.

It's all making me want one more and more.

#192 of 618 Old 12-05-2008, 10:54 PM

Wow, SharonAnne, impressive! I have a binder, too, but it's not as pretty as yours.

I actually have two. One has my address book, gift ideas, our budget, a list of books I want to read, and some other sections. The other binder has the year broken down by weeks -- one sheet per week. Each sheet has an area for things I need to do around the house, phone calls I need to make, and errands I need to run. The chores are filled in already and the other things I fill in at the beginning of each week. This binder also has a few things in it like directions on how to clean out the vacuum cleaner filter and change the reverse osmosis filter, etc., since that's something the weekly sheets reference. I hope that all makes sense.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#193 of 618 Old 12-06-2008, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
Question for any business-minded mamas: Are patterns expensive? Do people buy vintage patterns? There are a TON at my local thrift store -- I mean, a ton -- for I think 25 cents each. Some are outdated, but many are vintage styles that would be popular today.
You can make money with those on ebay or etsy. Quite a bit, even.
#194 of 618 Old 12-06-2008, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

SharonAnne, your HMB is very inspirational. I typically don't do these kind of binders and lists because I, too, needed way more flexibility. I really liked your ideas and may make myself something like it. They way yours is set up, it's more like reminders and a way to organize everything about the house. Not just, ok it's Tuesday-you must do this and that, etc...I'm loving it, I just need a printer that works now so that I can get these printed out!

Welcome, Mags!-I think alot of us here need help in the daily rhythm department too! What we're discussing right now is a Home Management Binder to help organize us!

I've previously been opposed to using a binder because it seemed too rigid and boring to me but after seeing a flexible one like Sharonanne's I might actually do it now to stay organized. I think having addresses, birthdays, meal planning, shopping lists, phone numbers, and daily/weekly/monthly/ checklists in one place could actually help me out, even though I'm not a person who likes my days planned out to the T.

Living Simply and Enjoying Life
#195 of 618 Old 12-06-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumblingstar View Post
SharonAnne, your HMB is very inspirational. I typically don't do these kind of binders and lists because I, too, needed way more flexibility. I really liked your ideas and may make myself something like it. They way yours is set up, it's more like reminders and a way to organize everything about the house. Not just, ok it's Tuesday-you must do this and that, etc...I'm loving it, I just need a printer that works now so that I can get these printed out!
I've been really focusing on my household routine for a couple of weeks now, and I was getting frustrated because a weekly rhythm is just not feasible for my family. My husband doesn't work regular hours, and there's no predictability from week to week.

But things are shaping up now without needing "Monday Washday Tuesday Ironing, etc."! It started with my morning and evening routine, which I strive to accomplish no matter DH's schedule. (We had a breakthrough a few days ago, DH was home and we wanted to spend some evening time together, but I told him I HAD to get the dishes done before I could do anything else -- so he did the dishes for me while I got the baby ready for bed! )

Those routines are slowly becoming habit, so that I'm accustomed to starting my day with fairly straightened living spaces and getting dressed and ready to go as early as possible (I still zone out over my morning coffee but not as long, LOL.) Just "setting the stage" makes me *want* to do something productive during the day. So I assign a "purpose" to that particular day. Each week I try to have an Errands day, a Housecleaning day, a Minicleaning day, a Paperwork day, a Laundry Catch-up day. It just depends what that particular day lends itself to.

To facilitate this I have a notebook for errands lists and to-dos, and in my household binder I have a calendar to keep track of what chores I've done so I can see how long it's been since, say, I washed the bathroom mats or changed the water in the fish tank. I also have sheets in my binder outlining what my basic housecleaning routine is, and I'll be adding sheets for in-depth or "zone" cleaning ideas.

My binder also has a list of tried-and-true meal ideas to use when meal planning, and I am going to add a "cheat sheet" listing the ingredients needed for those meals, that I can use either to shop ahead for those recipes or to quickly see if I already have what's needed at the last minute, LOL.

I love that I am finding a way to stay on top of my chores, WITHOUT needing to have predictable days!
#196 of 618 Old 12-06-2008, 04:17 PM

Okay, I finally posted about my home management binder on my (non-commercial) blog. It's a post I recycled from an old blog I was writing on when I started using the HMB nearly a year ago, but I've made almost no changes to the binder since then. It's been working swimmingly.

Can you tell I my binder? Lol! Okay, now back to cleaning....

Come visit us on Tangled Hill! One small family in a big, big world.
Peace through homemaking.
#197 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 12:12 AM

I belong here! My traditional skills are sewing, crocheting, canning (still learning) cooking from scratch, baking, gardening (with chickens to come soon!!) as well as the daily house-keeping stuff. I can also build basic things and muddle my way through a knit object. My goal is to master knitting this winter cause kids sweaters are ridiculously expensive and there are so many thrift sweaters waiting to be repurposed!

Except I've fallen WAAAAY behind on all daily home maintenance. It's embarrassing (and I always swore I'd never be embarrassed by my house. Ugh). I fell of the wagon when I went on bedrest with dd and have never quite gotten back into my daily routines. I'm loving these posts re: HMB. I had one going a while back but I never got the hang of how to make it my own. I also had a schedule posted on the wall, but that too fell through the cracks. Gosh, I sound like such a loser, lol! Whatever, we've all been there and all these HMB posts are really inspiring!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#198 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alison_in_oh View Post
I've been really focusing on my household routine for a couple of weeks now
This is finally what I've been working on for the past three days and I am determined to stick with it. Each day I've been waking up, taking a shower and getting myself and the kids all ready for the day. Even if we are just planning on staying home we all get ready just in case we do decide to do something I don't have to run around getting ready at noon. Plus I have found the I really do get a ton more done around the house when I'm not in my pajamas all day. I have also noticed that when I put on a little make up I feel better about myself and look forward to my DH coming home!

I am also working on revamping my home management binder. I have it already started in one of my old Monogramed binders that I love I just need to add more to it!

One thing I am working on right now is streamlining our meals through out the month, so that I can keep our grocery budget down and help my mind remember to have dinners ready each day. For example right now we are going to do Spaghetti night on Wednesdays, Pizza on Fridays (Homemade pizza, french bread pizza, english muffin pizza etc. for variety) and Crockpot meals for Sundays(day of rest). Then we are going to designate Saturdays Family night and set the table nicely and light candles. This night we will always have a simple desert. And on weekends we are going to do pancakes and waffles. I figure this will really help me to spend less and take up less time for planning and cooking. I hope it helps.

Tonight I am going to start my nightly routines in an attempt to make the next day run smoother. This will include getting the food ready for tomorrows crock pot meal, laying out my clothing and the kids, and packing the diaper bag ahead of time. I have already picked up the house and ran the dishwasher from today's dishes, so I can put them away in the morning. I'm not sure what else to include. I would like to review my calendar to see if there is anything coming up that I would like to do with the kids and make sure I'm not missing anything I need to do the next day.

I am trying to take this all one step at a time, because I can already see how this will help to make my life easier, so I don't want to ruin it with taking on too much.

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#199 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 12:45 AM

i think my strongest skill is cooking from scratch.. and we eat tf... so i spend a lot of time cooking lol. after that it is organizing. i am great at the organizing... not as good at the implementing said organization. lol.i can knit... and i love doing it...but i can only knit a few things. i love to sew.. and am actually quite good at it.. but i have this weird aversion to patterns... probably because i have no idea how to use one.

speaking of... can any of you teach me how to read a pattern?

and takebirthback -i do get people wondering what i do all day. when my cooking and stuff comes up people always say 'o i wish i had that kind of time'

the other thing i get a lot is people telling me to take college classes. i dropped out completely after ds was born. i really thought i was going to go back... lol.... how naive i was... i should have known myself better than that lol.. its not something i can handle.. nor do i have any interest in it. yet people keep insisting i need to take college classes. i agree graduating from college is important... but college is always there... right now this is where i want to be yk? i think it is one of those things people really can't wrap their minds around. like i am only a sahm and a homemaker b/c i didn't know i could go to school and be a mom and a homemaker...lol
#200 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 01:16 AM

Littlebit-Thanks for responding. Glad I'm not alone, but sorry you also get the wierd questions. I think what I realized is that I have different priorities than a lot of people. Crafting is a priority to me for many reasons. I save my money family, I do it to keep my creative juices flowing and I do it for myself b/c I enjoy it and it's me time. So when someone like my sil says "you have too much time on your hand" she's just not getting my priorities. That is just one example, but it's really everything I do that we have touched on this thread..all the traditional homemaking things that I find and make time for that people just seemed to be baffled by. It's just all in my priorities, so I make it work. I guess it goes a long with anything else..someones always speculating about your life.

You sound like you handle the college comments well. I think that would really bug me after awhile!

#201 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 01:19 AM

This blog is invaluable:

Down To Earth

Really good articles for basic functional gardening, baking, etc.:
Mother Earth News

"Hey, I've got nothin' to do today but smile." - S & G
#202 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 01:20 AM

I meant to post the link to this home management binder. It is great!! I got it at Barnes and Nobel and it has just about everything you would need!! I just need to personalize it more.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/200...2760495/?itm=2

I also have the calendar for my wall...

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Facts-A...8623545&sr=8-4

#203 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbeau View Post
This blog is invaluable:

Down To Earth
That looks like a great blog!!

#204 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takebirthback View Post
Littlebit-Thanks for responding. Glad I'm not alone, but sorry you also get the wierd questions. I think what I realized is that I have different priorities than a lot of people. Crafting is a priority to me for many reasons. I save my money family, I do it to keep my creative juices flowing and I do it for myself b/c I enjoy it and it's me time. So when someone like my sil says "you have too much time on your hand" she's just not getting my priorities. That is just one example, but it's really everything I do that we have touched on this thread..all the traditional homemaking things that I find and make time for that people just seemed to be baffled by. It's just all in my priorities, so I make it work. I guess it goes a long with anything else..someones always speculating about your life.

You sound like you handle the college comments well. I think that would really bug me after awhile!
i totally understand. its funny when people suggest i have so much free time.. usually i feel like there aren't enough hours in the day. it is completely about priorities. sure i may spend my time doing things other people would not... but thats their choice. taking care of my family is my priority and that includes cooking, cleaning, running errands etc. i know other people can do that and work or go to school.. but i can't.... and i would imagine my cooking and cleaning is more involved then theirs is ... which is fine.. different priorities... i think what bugs me a bit its the underlying sentiment that my priorities are less important and easier then theirs.

the guy my best friend nannied for said it best 'i don't envy your job. taking care of my kids for a day is harder and more exhausting then any day i spent in medical school or work.' this guy is in the military and he is one of those surgeons that works with the robot things to do procedures on people.

and the college thing does get old. i think what really gets me though is that since i got pg young (i am 21) it is assumed that i am in suspended animation or something. that i had one child and decided to stay home with him... and as soon as he starts school (sense i have no interest in daycare) i will reanimate and finish college and get a job etc. i wonder how they will feel when the realize i am going to homeschool... at least at first.

the other assumption is that it would be incredibly stupid for us to have another baby anytime in the next 5 yrs b/c we could never handle it. really? i think i am handling this pretty well thankyouverymuch. its part of the whole suspended animation thing though... if i had another child i would have screwed up my life entirely ... and would have to stay home and put off college even longer... *gasp* whatever will i do. lol its funny b/c i am doing great right now i love my life... my whole family says how amazing i am doing... how happy ds is... how great the apt is.... etc. but if i were to have another child.. well i would never be able to handle it and would be just another idiot ... thats a direct quote. "you got pg young once and you rose the occasion and are an amazing mother.. get pg young twice and your just another idiot" figure that one out.
#205 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1littlebit View Post

and the college thing does get old. i think what really gets me though is that since i got pg young (i am 21) it is assumed that i am in suspended animation or something. that i had one child and decided to stay home with him... and as soon as he starts school (sense i have no interest in daycare) i will reanimate and finish college and get a job etc. i wonder how they will feel when the realize i am going to homeschool... at least at first.

the other assumption is that it would be incredibly stupid for us to have another baby anytime in the next 5 yrs b/c we could never handle it. really? i think i am handling this pretty well thankyouverymuch. its part of the whole suspended animation thing though... if i had another child i would have screwed up my life entirely ... and would have to stay home and put off college even longer... *gasp* whatever will i do. lol its funny b/c i am doing great right now i love my life... my whole family says how amazing i am doing... how happy ds is... how great the apt is.... etc. but if i were to have another child.. well i would never be able to handle it and would be just another idiot ... thats a direct quote. "you got pg young once and you rose the occasion and are an amazing mother.. get pg young twice and your just another idiot" figure that one out.

I completely understand what you are saying. I am 21 as well, will be 22 on Christmas. I had my daughter when I was 19 and my son just 7 weeks ago. I love my job as a mother and homemaker and I wouldn't change it for the world. I choose to do this, to take care of my family. I choose to raise my own children and not send them to daycare. This is my choice. I will go back to school one day, but that is because I found my passion, taking care of pregnant women. I also choose to not be affected by others views on how I 'must' parent because I am young. But I would argue that it is all about your mindset. I don't regret my children one bit; our daughter was a very welcomed oops and our son was planned and I wouldn't change a thing. They have helped me to grow and become a much better person. I am so thankful.

#206 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy Doula View Post
I completely understand what you are saying. I am 21 as well, will be 22 on Christmas. I had my daughter when I was 19 and my son just 7 weeks ago. I love my job as a mother and homemaker and I wouldn't change it for the world. I choose to do this, to take care of my family. I choose to raise my own children and not send them to daycare. This is my choice. I will go back to school one day, but that is because I found my passion, taking care of pregnant women. I also choose to not be affected by others views on how I 'must' parent because I am young. But I would argue that it is all about your mindset. I don't regret my children one bit; our daughter was a very welcomed oops and our son was planned and I wouldn't change a thing. They have helped me to grow and become a much better person. I am so thankful.
its nice to talk to people who get it. i love being a homemaker i really do. i love being a mom. i love my son and i would welcome a new child ... as a matter of fact i have some major baby fever... DP, however, does not lol. i also would love to take care of pg women... i hope to be able to apprentice and become a midwife. after i had my son my world changed. being a mom is the most incredible thing i have ever done. being pg and having my section was the learning experience of a lifetime. i ended up with the section partly because i was young. the ob strait up lied to me until two weeks before my due date... and then lied to me again to coerce me into a section... i fought him on it and he said i had to do a c section or they wouldn't be able to keep me in their practice. everyone told me to listen to the doctor... i should have listened to myself. you live and learn. but because of this i really want to be a midwife one day.

i don't feel like i missed anything, or gave up anything. i think this is the hardest thing for people to grasp. i love my life i love my family. no i dont want to go back to college and get a job. no i am not biding my time until ds goes to school and i can go to college and get a job. good lord i have a job for cripes sake... the best one i could ever have... its not right for everyone but its perfect for me.
#207 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 02:25 AM

How many of you iron? Like sheets, table cloths, napkins etc.? I honestly never knew how to truly iron a shirt or a sheet until today, but I personally love an ironed sheet!!

#208 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 02:38 AM

i iron things if i need to.. i try to get them out of the dryer as fast as possible to avoid the need though.. lol.

can anyone fold a fitted sheet? i cant for the life of me.
#209 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 02:40 AM

Nope, not an ironer. That is, I *love* ironing my linen napkins, but that's about it! I'll do my husband's shirts in a pinch, but he's honestly just as happy with the de-wrinkling he can get from a quick tumble in the dryer.

I'm lurking here and occasionally posting so I thought I'd introduce myself and sub. I've been a SAHM for two years, since my son was born, and homemaking is the only career I've cared enough about to really work at improving myself. Sometimes it's felt like a struggle, as I'm learning to be a mom and also developing all these homemaking skills from scratch (I got a minimal cooking and cleaning education growing up and that's it.) But in the last month or so I feel like I'm making progress, and I'm really looking forward to our move next year -- we'll be buying our first home, as well as moving to a more rural/agricultural community, and I'm just so excited to delve deeper into making my home a haven for my family, as well as raising and preserving food.

I just saw that my favorite author, Gene Logsdon, has a book on "Practical Skills". I must have it! :
#210 of 618 Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 AM

Oops...subbing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page