Next best thing to organic cotton sheets? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 11-19-2008, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have found our favorite sheets at Goodwill.....old muslin or flannel sheets, white. They are not organic, but they have been washed probably hundreds of times......so I am reusing.....and supporting an organization I like.....and the sheets feel great !!! Our oldest son is super picky and only likes sheets he says are "cold" and the only sheets I have ever found that meet his standards are super old ones that have been washed for many many years.......

DS1 March 2003DS2 Sept 2005,
and 3 , in our happy secular
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 11-20-2008, 04:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've seen inexpensive organic sheets and towels at Quilts Etc (in a lot of malls).
Last year they were quite cheap in January. They also have organic sheets at Home Outfitters and they aren't too expensive .. at least not 200 bucks.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#33 of 36 Old 11-26-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llp34 View Post
Our oldest son is super picky and only likes sheets he says are "cold" and the only sheets I have ever found that meet his standards are super old ones that have been washed for many many years.......
I just wanted to say that I, too, like my sheets "cold" and I know EXACTLY what he is talking about. I love super old sheets that have been washed and washed and washed.
#34 of 36 Old 11-26-2008, 03:50 PM

Wow, there are two of you ! I thought he might be the only one !!!

The ONLY way I can shop for sheets for him is to drag him through a thrift store, and hand him the sheets and have him feel them. He rubs them on his cheek. He either a) hands them back to me with a shake of his head and the pronouncement "NOT cold", or b) hugs them and rubs them with a big grin saying "these are COLD !!!! I LOVE them !!"

Previously I had spent quite a bit of money trying to buy sheets for him...trying to figure out the quality of "cold" and how to purchase it.....I tried some really nice, $$$$ sheets which he turned out not to like at all !! And his is the only twin bed in the house, so it's not like I can use them on a different bed. Gaaaugh ! But, at least, what he turned out to like usually costs only a few dollars !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d80mama View Post
I just wanted to say that I, too, like my sheets "cold" and I know EXACTLY what he is talking about. I love super old sheets that have been washed and washed and washed.

DS1 March 2003DS2 Sept 2005,
and 3 , in our happy secular
#35 of 36 Old 11-26-2008, 06:15 PM

I found organic cotton sheets at TJ Maxx for a great price.
#36 of 36 Old 11-26-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaela View Post
Secondhand is always a good option. It may not be organic, but it is reusing
I wait for my moms hand me down sheets. She replaces hers too soon so they always last me a few years.

I didn't realize they had to use toxic chemicals to make bamboo fabrics.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page