are replacement lids available for little anchor hocking glass storage containers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-27-2008, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a pile of little Anchor Hocking glass food storage containers - 1 cup capacity, "custard dish" style (slighty angled sides). The original lids were translucent white plastic, and every single bloody one of them has disappeared or cracked. Is it possible to get replacement lids, or do I now just have a pile of custard dishes? Ironically, I also have some of the storage sets - 3 of them - and the smallest container from each is approximately the same size but the lids aren't interchangeable. And in THOSE sets I have managed to break 2 of the smallest containers, leaving me with 2 extra lids which don't fit the extra containers I have. :

help?

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-27-2008, 10:16 AM

I'd email anchor hocking, they might be able to set you up. I haven't seen them singly available though, anywhere. But I'd definetly email/call!!
#3 of 4 Old 10-27-2008, 10:23 AM

The pyrex lids are interchangeable and are infinintly higher quality - I won't buy anchor anymore because of the cracking. You can order Pyrex lids here. Just had the same problem myself!
#4 of 4 Old 10-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

I wouldn't try to replace those style. I have nice kind of rubbery lids that fit over my AH custard cups. The Pyrex ones look very similar.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page