pvc vs. vinyl dishwasher racks - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 11-12-2008, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, we're getting our first dishwasher soon, so i've been researching a little and found that some dishwashers have pvc racks and some have vinyl...which should we go with? i know neither is real great, but which is the lesser of the two evils...or are they both so bad it doesn't even matter? TIA!

Adoring wife to my DH since 9/04, SAHM to biggrinbounce.gifDS(9/07)
stork-suprise.gif due 2/3/2011joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-12-2008, 11:20 PM

I've had bad experiences with the vinyl that has metal underneath. Eventually they get tears in them and then the metal underneath starts getting rusty and the little things break off. I then got a used one that is all plastic. I liked it much better.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#3 of 3 Old 11-12-2008, 11:26 PM

We our Kenmoore dishwasher and it is the ONLY appliance/gadget/electronic/ANYTHING we have ever purchased the extended warranty on and it was worth every single penny.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page