$20.00 and no groceries :( (113 new question) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Definitely check out WIC and any local food pantries. Make sure that you have some kind of cooking oil.

One of my super cheap meals is to take a can of chili and add it to cooked pasta. I occasionally have been known to add a drained can of tuna to spaghetti sauce as the "protein".

Get yourself some popcorn kernels... popcorn is a cheap and satisfying snack food.

Split pea soup is fabulous this time of year.
#62 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
Call them!

:
Yes!
#63 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 04:41 AM

just some positive thoughts. beg of month is always hard for dd and i as we got rent and tuition at the same time.
u got some great ideas (im taking notes). i would add canned or frozen fruit. i got some great deals around the holidays. i also stock up on baking stuff, canned pumpkin, broth etc. and i look for exp dates on meat, milk, etc. i get some great bargains!
hugs and best to you...

single mama to DD 5.09
#64 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 05:00 AM

You've gotten some great ideas, and all I can say is that I have about $300 a month for food, which I turn into a $550 menu.

I have three kids, one is nearly a teenager, who eats ALOT of food. We eat tons of soups. A watched a friend of mine recently boil cabbage, and then take the water from that and pour into a glass container to put in the fridge. She does it with every single veggie that she cooks, she saves the water. The water has alot of the vitamens that are cooked off of the veggie.

I'm doing it now, and saving this veggie water for "broth". I start my soups with this broth now, and they are better. I don't need to buy veggie broth now, and because we make alot of soup, it saves money.

I think you have had great ideas for the short run, but I wanted to give you some long run ideas, so when you have money, you can make your food stretch out as far as possible.

1. First and foremost, the protein that we get is mostly legumes, seeds, and nuts. For beans, I buy them dry. I see no reason to pay for already cooked beans, unless I'm saving for my emergency pantry. My favorites are: White/Navy, Black Turtle Beans, Red Beans, Lentils (both green and yellow) and 15 bean soup is fun. Cooking beans is very easy. First soak for a night, then turn them on when you get up in the morning. Beans are cooked when you smoosh a bean, and the starchy looking part is not shiny, but dull and smooshy. I never leave the grocery store without 1 large package of peanuts with shells, popcorn, almonds and cashews. Buy it all plain, unroasted, unsalted. You can use these items to increase your protein, and it's a healthy way to snack. I also buy a 4 lb peanut butter that can last us for 2 months sometimes.

2. We eat two types of rice, and I mix them together to get the best benefit and flavor: Brown basmati, and plain white rice. If you have a rice cooker, it's easy to cook rice, and you can toss in lentils to the rice to cook. If you do that, you have to push the cook button twice (cook twice).

3. We buy our fresh veggies from a local store. Their prices are low because they buy the veggies directly from the farmer, instead of having them shipped in. This store has a grocery basket twice a week, which will be full of items that need to be cooked right away. They are usually selling for pennies on the dollars. Once we bought $20 worth of veggies from there, and spent $4.00 on rice, and we had soup all week long, the kids were full and it was a life saver.

4. We have a breakfast cereal rule here, which I am sure my kids don't like, but it has changed our ability to get by better. No sugary cereals except for "Honey Gone Nuts Granola" which I buy in bulk. I fill up the cereal container (big plastic thing that holds two boxes of regular cherios) and when it is all gone, I don't replace it till next month. When it's gone, we eat oatmeal, homemade muffins, homemade pancakes, homemade biscuits, eggs and toast (homemade bread)....get the point? We make everything by hand for breakfast after the granola is gone.

5. Milk: I buy 1 gallon of milk (whole milk) and 1 box of Kroger nonfat drymilk. The kids know the routine, and I did break them in SLOWLY. They can drink as much of the milk as they want, but when the gallon turns to a 1/2 gallon, I make up one packet of dry milk = quart of fluid milk, and I mix it into the half gallon left. I don't add vanilla like my mom did, I just mix. The kids are used to it now, and they still get their protein. When that gallon (1 1/2 gallon) is gone, I buy another gallon of milk, and we start the routine again. So for my two kids who drink milk, I end up buying around 3 gallons of milk a month, which isn't bad. I know this may sound gross, but I used spoiled milk (not curdled btw) to make baked goods. It works well, and uses the 2 - 4 day old milk that may be left over. WE NEVER DRINK SPOILED MILK.

6. We buy two special loafs of bread per month (Alvarado Street bread) and some onion buns and I make the rest of our bread. It has taken me about two years to be able to make most of our bread, but I'm glad I do, because I control what is in it, and I know when my kids eat it, they are eating healthy stuff. If you make your bread, try to find a friend who has a wheat berry grinder, which will increase the value of your bread.

You don't have to have a bread maker to make your own bread. I get alot of enjoyment out of making bread by hand. Get a good recipe, that describes how to make the dough, and TRY IT. Start with a simple recipe, like a white flour bread, and then work your way towards healthy.

Look at the thrift store for well made bread pans, large flat sheets ect. When you start making bread, you will need simple kitchen tools, but any pan or sheet will do. I like the newer "folded" bread pans from William Sonoma (I got one for a gift) and they are ample for a double loaf. You may want to make rolls, bread sticks, pizza dough or loaf bread, but this will seriously cut down on your consumption of regular bread, and allow you to increase the health of your bread.

7. Stop spending money on Fast Foods:
I know it seems impossible avoid spending money on fast foods, but it is the one thing that eats up most of my money, and we can never find healthy choices like we would at home. So, to avoid this, I found a pizza brand (I like Krogers Sourdough) which is excellent and cheap. We add extra cheese, mushrooms and olives to it, or feta cheese and greek olives to it. We can get it going fast, and the cost on my budget is so much less, that I know it is right.

Never waste any foods. If it is good and no one ate it (I'm not talking about on the plates, but I know people who do this), scrap all the leftover veggies even peices of veggies into a freezer storage container, and over time fill it up. When it is full, you have veggies for your next pot of soup. I never waste left over rice. We like to save it up in a container and make fried rice with it. Most families have plenty of plastic containers to save food, but if you don't, I save the yogurt containers we empty, and they are great for freezing leftover soup or a few peices of cornbread. Just take all the left overs you have, and use them. Avoid having veggie waste by cooking the veggies before they go bad. I used to have this problem, and I corrected it by keeping my eye on what I have, and going ahead and cooking (boiling, steaming) and freezing. I feel good knowing I always have some frozen veggies for a quick spot, and knowing that I have stopped wastage.

8. Another area of money waste is with the juice boxes, and juice in general. Our bodies need water more than any other liquid. If you can help your family to drink water before grabbing something else, you can save money, and prevent health problems. When giving young children fruit juice, make sure you dilute it. When my kids were little ones, I diluted it by %50. Now, if I get a chance to do so before they get their hands on it, I dilute it by 15%. Also, if you have left over (unsalted) veggie juices, you can mix them with your fruit juices, which is yummy and healthy.

Instead of drinking a ton of juice, we save our money and do smoothies.
My favorite recipe for four of us:
2 large banana's
2 cups of water
2 tablespoons of flax seed
2 cups of finely chopped up kale or spinach,mix this before putting any other fruit in. (looks like a shrek smoothy at this point, and quite tasty!)
1 cup of frozen (or fresh) blueberries
1/2 cup pineapple which naturally sweetens.
I use agave nectar to sweeten to taste.
When all said and done, it is purple.

We drink one of these a few times a week. This is an excellent choice for your use of fruit, and a great source of vitamens.

9. Cheese, egg and yogurt:
I buy 2 dozen eggs monthly, 3 pounds of cheese monthly and 2 - 3 yogurts monthly. I don't buy "American Cheese", but instead hard cheeses, which can be chopped, shredded or melted. We buy high quality yogurts like Sunny Field Farms, in plain and "Banilla". We use plain yogurt with our mexican dishes instead of sour cream, since it has more value. Since I use alot of spices while cooking, we use yogurt to cool off our tongues, to follow or end an Indian meal, or just to snack on.

I hope this helps you to STRETCH out your grocery money a bit more, which helps prevent not having enough food. Since rice, dry beans, nuts, seeds, oats, dry fruits and dry milk can last for a long time, there's alot you can do to survive when you only have a few dollars to buy the most needed items.

Take some time to Freecycle some glass jars (think large pickle glass jars) to put your bulk purchases. Having the large jars reminds you to keep extra on hand, just in case you run short in cash one month.

Good luck!
Jyotsna

Vegetarian Hindu, mother to L,P and R. 
#65 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 05:13 AM

Lisa: Homeschooling Mum of ds, 8 and dd, 6
#66 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
Actually AngelFood has a new location about 10 mins from my house :

Checking website for details....
FYI - I've priced out those AF boxes against Aldi, and they really aren't a bargain. The "savings" are all in the processed foods (like the prepackaged lasagna or the pies) and not in real foods. You can do better by simply shopping at Aldi's and avoiding items like "bacon wrapped filet mignon" or "ready to bake" meals.
#67 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamalluv View Post
FYI - I've priced out those AF boxes against Aldi, and they really aren't a bargain. The "savings" are all in the processed foods (like the prepackaged lasagna or the pies) and not in real foods. You can do better by simply shopping at Aldi's and avoiding items like "bacon wrapped filet mignon" or "ready to bake" meals.
I was actually thinking about that last night.

I may be able to shop it lower.

I did think that FARE program seemed like a good deal. And it seems to be less processed food.

Now sure though.....will keep looking.

Either way, AF and FARE don't deliver until Dec 20, so that is not a solution for today.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#68 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
I was actually thinking about that last night.

I may be able to shop it lower.

I did think that FARE program seemed like a good deal. And it seems to be less processed food.

Now sure though.....will keep looking.

Either way, AF and FARE don't deliver until Dec 20, so that is not a solution for today.
I think a lot of people just see the "savings" and don't stop to think - "Wait! I can MAKE a lasagna ready for the oven for $5 in 20 minutes - why would I ever pay $9 for a premade one!?"

I think I posted something about MY personal cost to purchase one of those boxes, as opposed to the "savings" they tout.
#69 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for the wonderful wisdom and advice. : :

I am feeling much more confident about this.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#70 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 11:54 AM

Go to your local social services - there are crisis intake workers who can give you kroger bucks or gift certificates for your local grocery store!!! GL!

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#71 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned

Here is my post:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...4&postcount=11

Quote:
No. I've looked into it and I get better deals at Aldi's and Tony's (my preferred stores)

For example, this month:
2 lb. Fully Cooked Meatloaf- I don't buy, but a meatloaf that size would cost me $1.50 to make
1 lb.Beef Fajita Strips- costs me $0.99
3 lb.Breaded Frying Chicken - I buy 3# of chicken breast $5.99 that I coat with a special recipe our family likes.
2 lb.St. Louis Style Rib - don't buy premade - but I get beef ribs $1.49/# on sale
2 lb.Lasagna Dinner Entree - I never would buy this. We would probably not eat this. This is a waste.
1 lb.Gourmet Sausage- $0.99
1 lb.Fully Cooked Meatballs- 1.99
16 oz.Broccoli- $0.99
15 oz.Refried Beans - $0.59
12 ct.Tortillas - we only eat corn - and we usually opt for taco shells $0.79/doz
26 oz.Pasta Sauce - $0.99
16 oz.Pasta - I pay $0.65
6 oz.Pancake Mix - don't buy - I make from scratch
16 oz.Fresh Carrots - $0.99
3 lb.Golden Yukon Potatoes - $2.29
4 oz.Chicken Noodle Soup (Makes 64 oz.)- don't buy. I make from scratch.
4 lb.California Oranges - I buy for $0.39/# - $1.56
Dessert Item - I can make dessert for next to nothing.

We can buy everything on this month's list (at least, what we would eat) for $23.29. There is no bargain here for us. And we're missing a lot of things that we WOULD eat with those things - there's no cabbage, no ground turkey, no mushrooms, no leaf lettuce, no milk, etc.
#72 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Here is AF Dec menu:

1.5 lb. Choice Cut Beef Roast

2 lb. Breaded Chicken Tenders

2 lb. IQF Chicken Breast

1.5 lb. Pork Chops (4 x 6 oz.)

1 lb. 80/20 Lean Beef Patties (4 x 4 oz.)

28 oz. Salisbury Steak Entreé

1 lb. All Meat Hot Dogs

1 lb. Carrots

1 lb. Green Beans

1 lb. Rice

24 oz. Steak-Cut Fries

32 oz. 2% Reduced Fat Shelf Stable Milk

7.5 oz. Mac and Cheese

14 oz. Chicken Broth

7 oz. Corn Muffin Mix

Dozen Eggs

Dessert Item

Cost I believe is 31.00 for the box.

#73 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 12:46 PM

If you have a store that is debit or cash only and you bag your own groceries, definitely shop there. Your $20 can buy $30 worth of stuff at the right store. Ours is not as convenient for me but when I really need to stretch my budget I drive the extra miles to go there.

My family loves rice 'n eggs for a cheap, quick meal. Just beat some eggs, we use about 5-6 for the four of us, throw rice in a skillet and heat it up with a bit of oil or butter, add the eggs and stir it all up. I add a couple TBSP of soy sauce for yummy flavor. You can add chopped zucchini, or I would think, frozen veggies to it as well. Kids love it.

Another dish I discovered just requires cooked rice, tuna w/ the juices, and drained canned sweet corn. Stir all these together, add salt and pepper to taste and you have a yummy and filling dish. This dish is very cheap as well. I can find tuna for 68 cents a can, and corn for under $1, and rice is just pennies per serving.

One more cheap dish that kids and adults both love is macaroni and tomatoes: take elbow macaroni noodles, cook say 3 cups dried (you'd probably double the whole recipe), then add to the cooked pasta half a stick of butter (you can use less, it is still very good but not as decadent), add 1-2 tbsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt (no substitutes!), mix to coat and then add one can of diced tomatoes with juice and cook until heated. This is really awesome, better than you would expect. If your kids are ultra-picky you can reserve some plain noodles for them. One thing I did with delicious results was throw in a bunch of broccoli pieces cut smallish when the noodles were boiling and had about 3 minutes left to go. I then drained it all and proceeded as normal. The broccoli in this dish tastes great! My kids devoured just the broccoli one day, ALL OF IT because it had soaked up this wonderful flavor of the seasoning salt and tomato juice. So, healthy and cheap. Also, the Lawry's seasoning salt lasts a long time.

Those are our three main survival meals. And although I am not a big fan opf fast food, a $1 double cheeseburger from McDonalds could almost be cheaper than making it yourself so once in awhile if we have like $5, we just all have cheeseburgers and water. Or the kids get chicken nuggets for $1. Those are for times I get burned out cooking everything from scratch. HTH, and hugs, I have been where you are many times and somehow even tho it sucks, the challenge is kind of fun, and you feel very self-sufficient when you can pull off feeding your family for so little!
#74 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

here is the FARE menu for Dec:

Regular Pack $17 – The Regular Pack contains 2-3 fresh fruits, 4-5 fresh vegetables and 4-5 frozen meat items.

Meat Only Pack $12 – The Meat Only pack includes a variety of 4-5 meat items such as beef, chicken, fish, and pork.

Light Pack $12 – The Light Pack features 1-2 non-pork meat items and an assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Vegetarian Pack $10 – The Vegetarian pack contains a generous amount of fresh fruits and vegetables, often accompanied by a dry food item such as rice, beans, pasta or peanut butter.

Family Pack $20 – The Family pack contains only non-perishable staple items such as vegetable oil, flour, sugar, canned fruits and vegetables, rice, pasta, and boxed dinners.

Monthly Special Prices vary – Each month Fare For All offers a monthly special – this package is unique to each month. For example, in November the special is a Holiday Package brimming with all of the fixings for a holiday meal (turkey, potatoes, pie, vegetables, and more!) Over the summer, the Monthly Special is often a Grill Pa

#75 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 01:54 PM

I'm also in the TC area. Check out Rainbow for some deals this week. These are some of the things I see in the ad that stick out to me.

Roundy's gallon milk $1.98 limit 2
California red seedless grapes .99/lb
Roundy's split top bread $1
Hunt's Pasta sauce $1
Creamette pasta $1
Chex Mix $1
Betty Crocker hamburger, tuna, or chicken helper $1
3lb yellow onions .99
Poseidon's choice tilapia, salmon, scallops or salad shrimp 4oz, frozen $1
bolthouse farms baby cut carrots 1lb/$1

Let me know if there's anything you need.

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#76 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 02:55 PM

Just wanted to chime in with the others and tell you to call the WIC office. Our WIC office doesn't have appointments weeks out - you call the day before to go in the next day. If you tell whoever answers the phone that you're in a bit of an emergent situation, they may let you come in today. It's certainly worth a shot; the worst they can say is no.

You don't need any tax records, just a paystub, proof of residency, and ID.

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#77 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 02:57 PM

Jyotsna, wow! Thank you for all the ideas to stretch the meals.

I did want to mention that when soaking beans, it is important to discard the soak water before cooking them. I just learned that the toxins removed from the beans remains in the water and must be discarded. Otherwise, the toxins inflame the gut, when consumed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_bean
http://www.vegsoc.org/info/pulses.html
http://www.bininn.co.nz/cookingFrameset.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotsna View Post
Cooking beans is very easy. First soak for a night, then turn them on when you get up in the morning.

Pat

I have a blog.
#78 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Jyotsna, wow! Thank you for all the ideas to stretch the meals.

I did want to mention that when soaking beans, it is important to discard the soak water before cooking them. I just learned that the toxins removed from the beans remains in the water and must be discarded. Otherwise, the toxins inflame the gut, when consumed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_bean
http://www.vegsoc.org/info/pulses.html
http://www.bininn.co.nz/cookingFrameset.htm

Pat
Wow! I didn't realize that. Should they be rinsed after soaking too?

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#79 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

I have a WIC appointment Tues Dec 9 :

#80 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
: That alone will make your money stretch quite a bit further. Praying things will continue fall into place as you try to figure things out.
#81 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Yes.
#82 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:

OT: Yes and cooked well. Undercooked beans are 5x more toxic than raw.

After soaking, drain and rinse the beans, discarding the soaking water. Put them into a pan with cold water to cover and bring to the boil. The beans must now boil for 10 minutes to destroy the toxin. After this the beans should be simmered until cooked (approximately 45-60 minutes) and they should have an even creamy texture throughout - if the centre is still hard and white, they require longer cooking.

Cooking beans in a slow cooker, because of the lower temperatures often used, may not destroy toxins even though the beans do not smell or taste 'bad' (though this should not be a problem if the food reaches boiling and stays there for some time).

Phytohaemagglutinin, the presumed toxic agent, is found in many species of beans, but it is in highest concentration in red kidney beans (Phaseolus vulgaris). The unit of toxin measure is the hemagglutinating unit (hau). Raw kidney beans contain from 20,000 to 70,000 hau, while fully cooked beans contain from 200 to 400 hau. White kidney beans, another variety of Phaseolus vulgaris, contain about one-third the amount of toxin as the red variety; broad beans (Vicia faba) contain 5 to 10% the amount that red kidney beans contain. The syndrome is usually caused by the ingestion of raw, soaked kidney beans, either alone or in salads or casseroles. As few as four or five raw beans can trigger symptoms.

Several outbreaks have been associated with "slow cookers" or crock pots, or in casseroles which had not reached a high enough internal temperature to destroy the glycoprotein lectin. It has been shown that heating to 176°F may potentiate the toxicity five-fold, so that these beans are more toxic than if eaten raw. In studies of casseroles cooked in slow cookers, internal temperatures often did not exceed 167°F.

http://www.foodreference.com/html/ar...poisoning.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bean
http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~mow/chap43.html
http://missvickie.com/howto/beans/beantoxins.htm

It seems that red kidney, white Cannellini beans, and soy beans are the most toxic. Canned beans are presoaked, precooked, and should be rinsed, I learned.

Pat

I have a blog.
#83 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Pat for the info. I had NO CLUE! :

Oh.....random...but I will check out Rainbow also.

#84 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 10:39 PM

With onions, eggs and frozen peas, you could make stir frys with the rice and meats you have on hand.
#85 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Good for you, Angela! I know it can be hard to reach out for help sometimes.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#86 of 128 Old 12-02-2008, 11:16 PM

Good news on the WIC apt, you are lucky, I called back in the beginning of Oct and just had my apt. yesterday, so you are very lucky.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#87 of 128 Old 12-03-2008, 12:42 AM

Anyone mention the Fare For All program? http://www.emergencyfoodshelf.org/Ou...lishments.aspx

Ampartners.gifDF*DD7shy.gif*DD3shy.gif*Baby#3stork-suprise.gif EDD August 26, 2013

angel1.gif Feb. 28, 2004  angel1.gif Nov. 5, 2006

vbac.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gifgoorganic.jpgfly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifcd.gif

signcirc1.gif

#88 of 128 Old 12-03-2008, 12:46 AM

Mods: Any chance we could make these resources into a Sticky?

Pat

I have a blog.
#89 of 128 Old 12-03-2008, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmiK View Post
Anyone mention the Fare For All program? http://www.emergencyfoodshelf.org/Ou...lishments.aspx
I actually am waiting on a call back from them and AngelFood Ministries

#90 of 128 Old 12-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Banned

See, this is not a very good value for someone who can shop at Aldi's and who doesn't eat prepackaged pre-prepared entree items.

$3 - 1.5 lb. Choice Cut Beef Roast

$0 - don't buy 2 lb. Breaded Chicken Tenders

$3.99 (@ 5.99/3#) - 2 lb. IQF Chicken Breast

$1.48 - 1.5 lb. Pork Chops (4 x 6 oz.)

$.99 - 1 lb. 80/20 Lean Beef Patties (4 x 4 oz.)

$0 - don't buy - 28 oz. Salisbury Steak Entreé

$.99 - 1 lb. All Meat Hot Dogs

$.99 - 1 lb. Carrots

$.65 - 1 lb. Green Beans

$.66 (@ $1.99/3#)- 1 lb. Rice

$0 - don't buy - 24 oz. Steak-Cut Fries

$1.35 (@ $2.69/gallon fresh) - 32 oz. 2% Reduced Fat Shelf Stable Milk

$.34 - 7.5 oz. Mac and Cheese

$.65 - 14 oz. Chicken Broth

$.49 - 7 oz. Corn Muffin Mix

$1.39 Dozen Eggs

$0 - don't buy Dessert Item

Cost: $31 AFM - My cost: $16.97 plus tax.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page