What does the government want you to spend to eat each month??? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 93 Old 01-01-2009, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holy cow! Thrifty is $527.10 & luxury is $1016.10. I live in a fairly high cost of living area & I've always figured about $500 a month including a meal or 2. I guess I am doing all right

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 93 Old 01-01-2009, 03:51 PM

We're the exception here.

For us thrifty is $426 and we spend $450. And honestly, I feel deprived on $450. And we don't buy organic, no meat, no beverages (only water), no snacks, no breakfast (I only eat lunch and dinner). I make the vast majority of food from scratch (even the pasta sometimes).

I have been through this agony so many times reading this board, but I can only surmise we live in a high COL area. (Hard for me to really judge, because it's not consistent - fuel is VERY high here, but we have by far the cheapest real estate in the state - probably all because we're in a very remote part of the state).

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

#93 of 93 Old 01-01-2009, 11:31 PM

We would be spending about $500-600 month on the thrifty to moderate plan, which is about right for our family. That's about right. We have some food allergy issues as well as Celiac Disease, so we spend a bit more than most families. After our out of town guests leave (they are here for 6 weeks from out of country), I'm planning to cut way down on the food bill.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page