where's my refund? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 134 Old 02-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2CarolineLydia View Post
Mine did have the generic "Your return is being processed...refund should be deposited by February 17th" message, but now the Where's My Refund site is giving me the "You may have made a mistake" message that they do not have info about out return. Anyone else experience this? I called the Refund Hotline and the message there was still the "Your return is being processed...refund should be deposited by February 17th". I'm very perplexed by this!

The same thing has happened to me. This morning when I checked my status I got the message that my tax return was being processed and that I should receive it by February 17. However, I now get the same message you're getting about making a mistake. I don't whats going on with their system, but it's driving me crazy!

Do anyone when the IRS updates it's system?
#62 of 134 Old 02-09-2009, 11:45 PM

Mine specifically states due to processing delays you should expect your refund on Feb 24th. Nothing about an error or direct deposit. If it says something about direct deposit it means it has been processed. According to the IRS mine hasn't even been processed.
#63 of 134 Old 02-10-2009, 10:46 AM

well today is the 10th and wMR says still being processed if no error is found or if i dont owe any taxs i should get my refund today. guess what...nothing pending in my account
#64 of 134 Old 02-10-2009, 10:58 AM

I filed last Friday, mine says Feb 24th.

I have a feeling that maybe more people are filing early this year than in past years as well as the whole stimulus check "issues" that we are hearing about might be slowing things down a bit. In past years, I've got my refund in that alloted 8-15 days, but this year is does seem to be on a different and slower time table.
#65 of 134 Old 02-10-2009, 02:22 PM

I filed ours on Sunday, maybe late Saturday night. The IRS website says Feb. 24th if they don't find mistakes or other taxes I owe. I'm just hoping my ex didn't decide to try and claim DS suddenly (he has no right but he's ticked at me currently) - that'd hold everything up.
#66 of 134 Old 02-10-2009, 02:57 PM

Our e-file was accepted on Jan 30th, and WMF shows that we should receive our refund by Feb 17th. I called the IRS for the heck of it and they are saying that it is scheduled to be DD this Friday, 2/13. Keeping my fingers crossed...really need that money
#67 of 134 Old 02-10-2009, 03:04 PM

Was this the automated Refund Hotline that you called, laurannm, or did you talk to a person? The hotline is still telling me the 17th, but we could really use it ASAP--so I'm hopeful for the 13th too!
#68 of 134 Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM

I spoke to an agent last night.

I think WMF will always give you a date that is the Tuesday after, just to allow a couple of days for your bank to post the deposit. If you look at the IRS refund cycle chart, http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf, it lists the 13th.
#69 of 134 Old 02-10-2009, 08:34 PM

I just called the IRS as well. I really don't think the person I spoke to had a clue. She asked me all the questions SS number, address etc. then she asked me when did I file and I replied about 2 weeks ago. She then replied, "Well it takes 3 weeks to process the returns." I said even if you file electronicly like I did...then she started to stutter! But anyways all she told me was that I will be receiving it this Friday. However, I'm not going to believe until i see it in my account.
#70 of 134 Old 02-10-2009, 09:30 PM

For what it is worth I called a few times yesterday and again today, and each agent told me that the "return has completed process and the refund is scheduled for automatic release on Friday". So if nothing else, they were each consistent with their answers...
#71 of 134 Old 02-10-2009, 11:47 PM

What is the number to call to talk to an agent? I just have the Refund Hotline. Thanks!
#72 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 10:25 AM

I just checked Where's My Refund this morning and now I'm getting the message that my refund is scheduled to be deposited on February 13th. I'm so glad, but will be holding my breath until then for it to actually happen! I really want to get these hospital bills from DS's birth in November paid in full!
#73 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 10:26 AM

I just checked the Where's My Refund and it say's that my refund will be direct deposited Feb 13. However, I used Turbo tax to file my taxes. So actually my refund is going to SBBT first, then they will direct depoit my refund into my personal bank account.

If anyone used Turbo Tax in the past, do you know if this process will delay me getting my refund by a couple of days?
#74 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 10:30 AM

I've never had a problem with a delay. I used TurboTax also, and have for the past few years, and it's always been direct deposited when they say it will be.
#75 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 AM

Mine also updated this morning and now says that it is scheduled for deposit on the 13th. I think this is a good thing, it usually means that the processing of your return is complete.

I think the reason why your refund would be directed to Santa Barbara Trust is because you chose to have the filing fees taken out of your refund. I don't think this will hold up anything though
#76 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 11:03 AM

I guess I should have mentioned that we pay our filing fees upfront, so I don't know if ours go through SBBT if that's the case.
#77 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 12:51 PM

this is what wmr said for me today since i was suppose to get my refond on the 10th of feb and i didnt

Refund Status Results
We have received your tax return and it is being processed. For more information, please continue.

If you have questions or need additional information, please have the following on hand when you call:
A copy of this page.
A copy of your tax return.
The Social Security Number, Filing Status, and refund amount claimed on your return.
Tell the representative that it has been more than 6 weeks since you filed your return.
Please mention reference number 1301 to the IRS Customer Service Representative.
IRS Hours of Service:
Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Call:
1-800-829-0582, when asked for an extension, enter 462.
From outside the US call 215-516-2000.
TTY/TDD: 1-800-829-4059

So i called and she said something like it was pulled to check for accuracy and i should have my return next week. I did a little research and it seems they are pulling e-files when people claim EIC to make sure your not scamming the irs, because it seems some people (illegal immagrants) are using people SSN to scam the irs. Not sure if this is just a excuse for them to be slow or what.
#78 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I guess I should have mentioned that we pay our filing fees upfront, so I don't know if ours go through SBBT if that's the case.
Nope...if you pay upfront (as we did) then it does not go through SBBT
#79 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
If you paid your fees up front then the IRS will deposit your refund into your personal account. However, if you selected to have your fees deducted from your refund then your refund would go to SBBT/Turbo Tax first then they would deposit it into your account.

I just called SBBT and they told me that my refundfrom the irs wasdepsoited today and once they take out their fees, they will direct deposit it into my personal account. They said that I will still receive it Friday 2-13-09.
#80 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 01:26 PM

Hmmm...we claim the EIC and mine says it will be deposited on Friday. We did not get the same message as PP. Perhaps they are randomly screening a portion of those that claim EIC. We claimed EIC last year as well and there were no hold ups.
#81 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 03:51 PM

Mine is still saying the 24th no update. I filed on January 20th and all of you filed way after me and are getting your returns, i would really like an explanation! All the IRS says is that mine hasn't been processed yet.
#82 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 04:05 PM

Mine finally updated this morning and now says that it is scheduled for deposit on the 13th. Before it said unless we find any errrors or you owe tax money, blah blah. So this is good for me.

We didn't qualify for EIC so maybe that is why there wasn't any extra delay? and I had the stimulus amount correct, too.

I still am not holding my breath with the banking issues we have been having lately, but at least the IRS seems to be done with my return.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#83 of 134 Old 02-12-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
Mine finally updated this morning and now says that it is scheduled for deposit on the 13th. Before it said unless we find any errrors or you owe tax money, blah blah.
Me too.

Avani, I can't believe that there's still no info on your return. That just bites

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#84 of 134 Old 02-12-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
Mine finally updated this morning and now says that it is scheduled for deposit on the 13th. Before it said unless we find any errrors or you owe tax money, blah blah. So this is good for me.

We didn't qualify for EIC so maybe that is why there wasn't any extra delay? and I had the stimulus amount correct, too.

I still am not holding my breath with the banking issues we have been having lately, but at least the IRS seems to be done with my return.
Yah, I think your right...seems that the majority of delays were caused by either the EIC or issues with the recovery rebate credit. Also seems like a lot of people who filed very early, as in the first day returns were accepted, had some delays as well
#85 of 134 Old 02-12-2009, 03:15 PM

Now ours is delayed until the 24th!

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#86 of 134 Old 02-12-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyandmikey View Post
Now ours is delayed until the 24th!
Sorry to hear that Bailey. Did you claim the EIC or the Recovery Rebate Credit? When did you file?
#87 of 134 Old 02-13-2009, 12:37 PM

When we filed, Turbo Tax said the 13th, the IRS said the 17th, but it hit the bank today and is listed as a pending transaction.
#88 of 134 Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 PM

Ours showed up today also. It was deposited one week after it should have been, based on filing date and the IRS deposit chart.

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#89 of 134 Old 02-13-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC_hapamama View Post
When we filed, Turbo Tax said the 13th, the IRS said the 17th, but it hit the bank today and is listed as a pending transaction.
Mine too. It should have been there a week ago.
How stupid. Turbo automatically said we received 1200 and on all those "pop up" infos it said I should have received 1200. Well guess what- we received 1800 last year! So my refund is in my acct pending, but $600 less than we though which is fine since we dont deserve it anyhow. Sounds like this has happend to millions of people. Turbo was so busy being greedy with their high prices etc, they forgot to make it correct. :

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#90 of 134 Old 02-16-2009, 02:12 AM

Why are people paying for filing? I use taxact, online, have for years, and it is totally free for me to efile my taxes, with direct deposit. I got confirmation of filing 1/23, and my refund was in my acct on 2/6. We also got back some extra on the stimulus rebate, as we had a child in 2008, and didn't get all in the original check.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page