where's my refund? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2009, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
turbo tax said it would be here the 30th, the IRS cycle chart said the 30th, the IRS "where's my refund" site says the 3rd, here it is the 3rd and its NOT HERE! :

i've gotten my state refund, i've never owed taxes, i've never defaulted on a student loan.

i'm starting to worry!

thoughts??

wife to my awesome DH, homeschooling, unassisted birthing, food growing, life loving mama to 5 crazy monkeys. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 12:58 PM

IRS only makes payments on Friday's. I would wait until Friday the 6th before getting too antsy.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:05 PM

IRS only makes payments on Friday's. I would wait until Friday the 6th before getting too antsy. >>>>>>>

Im not to sure about that. Mine also said last week I would get it on Feb 3rd, and it was deposited this morning in my bank account.

I would at least wait until tomorrow in case your bank is slow with direct deposits
Old 02-03-2009, 01:08 PM

I'm dealing with the same thing. Turbotax said the 30th, the IRS said the 3rd and nothing. But now the IRS has changed my date to the 10th. I filed Jan. 20th and was accepted that day. I have always used turbotax and have never had a delay in a refund. I do know i am seriously bummed because i need the money! And turbotax should retract their "refund in 8 days".
Old 02-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Also, your bank is allowed to hold the funds for several days before depositing them into your account.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
Old 02-03-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvergirlie View Post
IRS only makes payments on Friday's. I would wait until Friday the 6th before getting too antsy.
that's what I was going to say. I bet it is there friday, but yeah, the bank might be a different situation. I wouldn't count on the money until middle of next week.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenab00 View Post
turbo tax said it would be here the 30th, the IRS cycle chart said the 30th, the IRS "where's my refund" site says the 3rd, here it is the 3rd and its NOT HERE! :

i've gotten my state refund, i've never owed taxes, i've never defaulted on a student loan.

i'm starting to worry!

thoughts??
Mine is due on the 6th (this upcoming Friday). It says on there it may take your bank up to two business days to have it in your acct.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
I'm dealing with the same thing. Turbotax said the 30th, the IRS said the 3rd and nothing. But now the IRS has changed my date to the 10th. I filed Jan. 20th and was accepted that day. I have always used turbotax and have never had a delay in a refund. I do know i am seriously bummed because i need the money! And turbotax should retract their "refund in 8 days".
This is what happened to me too! I was expecting to use some of the refund to buy a notebook computer for my online classes, but now I have to wait until the 10th and my classes have already started. I wonder what's going on- I've never had a delay like this.

Bookworm read.gif , computer geek geek.gif , and single mom wild.gif to DS blahblah.gifbouncy.gif (11/06)
Old 02-03-2009, 09:51 PM

I'm finding this annoying too. The refund cycle chart said it should have been the 6th, and now the 'wheres my refund' is saying the 10th. If it ends up being later than that I won't be very happy. We've already made an appointment to have our kittens spayed and neutered on the 10th, and won't be able to pay for it without the refund.

It's all electronic, so I see no point to this delay.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:01 PM

Oh, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope my refund comes when TurboTax said it would! I am waiting on a car repair and I called the shop yesterday to have them fix my car on the 16th. That is the day TurboTax said my direct deposit would go in. I have been without my car for a month and a half, and it STINKS....

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 PM

that's so odd. I just checked my status via TaxAct and they say Feb. 13th but IRS's Where's my Refund says Feb. 17th, which is a Tues.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I~love~pie View Post
IRS only makes payments on Friday's. I would wait until Friday the 6th before getting too antsy. >>>>>>>

Im not to sure about that. Mine also said last week I would get it on Feb 3rd, and it was deposited this morning in my bank account.

I would at least wait until tomorrow in case your bank is slow with direct deposits
:
Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 PM

How long after you filed were you able to check with the IRS site? I filed this past weekend and TurboTax said my return was accepted yesterday but the IRS site still says they have no record of it.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Old 02-03-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
How long after you filed were you able to check with the IRS site? I filed this past weekend and TurboTax said my return was accepted yesterday but the IRS site still says they have no record of it.
today was the first time it showed any info. I filed Jan 29th and according to taxact the IRS accepted it Jan 30th.

I think I checked sun and there was no record on IRS refund thing so a bit longer than the 72 hrs it says on the site

Old 02-04-2009, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

ugh!

how the IRS page wont even give me a date! it says its being processed. it gave me a number to call, so i did and it just said "due to extremely high call volume, we are busy assisting other people" and then hung up, wont even let me be on hold.

this is irritating. i've used turbo tax for 5 years now, and its ALWAYS deposited on the day they said it would, or earlier. this is worrisome!

wife to my awesome DH, homeschooling, unassisted birthing, food growing, life loving mama to 5 crazy monkeys. :
Old 02-04-2009, 05:37 PM

Finally, the IRS site says that they have received my return. They are quoting that my direct deposit will hit on 4/17th though, which is a day later than TurboTax quoted me. I am so frustrated with waiting to pick up my stinking car!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:43 PM

The IRS "Where's my refund?" page will state your refund should be deposited by a Tuesday (whatever date, but almost always it'll be a Tuesday). Figure that your refund is scheduled to be deposited the Friday before though, and the IRS gives until the following Tuesday because your bank could hold the return for a couple of business days before releasing it.

Mine says the 10th on the IRS site, but technically it's due for deposit this Friday, the 6th.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMama View Post
The IRS "Where's my refund?" page will state your refund should be deposited by a Tuesday (whatever date, but almost always it'll be a Tuesday). Figure that your refund is scheduled to be deposited the Friday before though, and the IRS gives until the following Tuesday because your bank could hold the return for a couple of business days before releasing it.

Mine says the 10th on the IRS site, but technically it's due for deposit this Friday, the 6th.
I hope you're right. That would be great. I know our credit union doesn't hold dd's. Last year our refund was available right away.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:34 PM

The IRS site just told me Feb.17, and my forms were accepted on 1/30. So that's a bit longer than normal. Last year we had them within a week.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
Old 02-04-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasmamma View Post
The IRS site just told me Feb.17, and my forms were accepted on 1/30. So that's a bit longer than normal. Last year we had them within a week.
If there are no errors, you opted for direct deposit, etc. - according to this: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf You should receive it around the 13th.

Apparently, from Googling a bit, there's been a LOT more errors on tax returns this year than ever before. So it's slowed down the IRS in getting refunds out to people, even those with correct returns!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasmamma View Post
that's my same exact dates as well. I'm hoping the money really gets deposited on the 13th but not counting on it.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 AM

TT said ours will be in on the 6th too - I hope it goes through that day!!!!

Kate, BioMama to Emma Lu, Elliana - Almost Mama to Martin, & Foster Mama to Baby T
Old 02-05-2009, 06:19 AM

I'm going by the IRS Calendar they have.....it says 1/6 for us....we'll see.
Then again, our bank making pending deposits available the day before is a common occurance so I wouldn't be surprised if it appeared tomorrow.

I'm not too concerned unless it isn't in our account, say, by the end of the month.

Working jammin.gif Student Mama to a energy.gif4 y/o.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:06 AM

Mine had said the 13th, now it is saying the 17th, I am crossing my fingers for the 13th as I have bills to pay!

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 PM

Ours changed from the 13th to the 17th too...
Old 02-05-2009, 12:35 PM

Oh no! I just checked IRS site and my date changed once again this time from Feb 10th to the 24th! It says due to processing delays my refund has changed again. I filed and was accepted on January 20th! My first refund date was Feb. 3rd then they changed it to Feb 10th and now the 24th! I won't be able to pay my rent. I need to feed my kids first so i guess i will have to go talk to my landlords. This is very frustrating. That would make it 35 days to wait on a direct deposit with no errors on my tax return.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:39 PM

my date stayed the same & they added 300. said I made a mistake on them somewhere.

Kate, BioMama to Emma Lu, Elliana - Almost Mama to Martin, & Foster Mama to Baby T
Old 02-05-2009, 02:38 PM

weird. when i filed my taxes, they said 2/6 for my deposit date. Then when I saw this thread the other day, I checked the where's my refund? site and it said 2/10. I just checked again, and it's back to saying 2/6. I'm so confused. i'm supposed to put a deposit on a rental with my tax money - I hope it's here by the 10th at the latest.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:29 PM

2/6 is the date they release the funds for direct deposit. 2/10 is the estimated date you should have the money by.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:32 PM

I called the IRS this morning and asked why would my deposit date keep changing. The lady just said a bunch of people filed before 1/16 and when the IRS started accepting returns they get hit with a bunch of them all at once. I told her that people who filed after me were already getting their returns but she couldn't respond to that. Then she told me the IRS has no info on deposit for my return because it isn't done processing. Feb 24th is just a date that i could get the money by. It isn't actually scheduled for then. So basically i will be waiting for over a month to maybe get my deposit. I filed Jan 20th! A very simple return! I'm bummed.

User Tag List