Online Mattress - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone purchased a mattress online? I'm looking at one on Overstock (an innerspring mattress) that has great reviews. It's like a bed in a box, vacuum packed and is supposed to be easy to unpack and great to sleep on.

Also, their shipping is under $3.00 (not a typo - less than three bucks).

We've done two latex mattresses and both have failed. I want to go back to an innerspring but I don't want to spend a fortune. I'm just looking for comfortable to sleep on and not a luxurious-cloud-like-sleep-experience.

I've looked at other online stores and haven't found a deal like this one. Do you know of any good online stores? Walmart has one I'd love to try (again, great reviews, over 100 reviewers) but they don't have it in a king size.

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM

Look to see, i think one of the big mattress stores is having a final 60% off sale. We just got one from Sears when they had their sale for $500, it was originally like $1000. Hopefully we will get it today!

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#3 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 02:35 PM

We just bought a mattress from www.us-mattress.com and are very happy with it and with the service.

No tax (unless you're in MI) and free shipping.
#4 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 03:32 PM

I just bought a matress for DD at Sleepys , I went in last weekend they where having a sale, they gave me a written quote. Its a Laura Ashley by king coil. The matress retails for $1000. with the sale it was $597. I was doing some comparison shopping, well the store called me back(a few days later) and said I can still get the set and they will give me more money off, I got it for $423. !
#5 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 03:35 PM

oh and FWIW Sears is still having their big sale.....

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#6 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 04:16 PM

#7 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 04:17 PM

we used usmattress also and found a great deal and the service is great.
#8 of 8 Old 02-14-2009, 03:18 AM

We bought a Serta mattress online at Target. We went to a Sleepy's store first to test out the Sertas. They're tricky though--Sleepys had different names for the different editions than Target, so we couldn't really tell if we were buying the same one. Even so, testing out all the Sertas made me feel a little more confident buying such an expensive thing without getting to see it first.

I waited until they were having a 20% off of home stuff sale, with free shipping, before actually buying it. We're really happy with the outcome.

Mama lady to my lady baby born 3/09 on the kitchen floor.  Looking forward to seeing which room's floor the next one will be born on in October.  love.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page