Awesome deal at Schwan's (free food!) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2009, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my schwan man came today and was very polite and professional :

i bought some items in addition to the free one :

although i buy 100% organic in the stores we do eat out for convienence so i'd rather have some frozen schwan's on hand than going out to eat. so, i plan to continue buying from them

thanks to the op for the promo info!

::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 06:46 PM

I didn't meet the schawn guy.. my mil answered the door.. but I ordered the med. cous cous and i really like it! they don't have many vegan foods, but I may order a few things every once in a while.. they take ebt too, so that's a bonus! wish i would have known that 6 weeks ago when i had my baby!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Old 08-18-2009, 07:37 PM

Did anyone have their food shipped in a cooler? I just noticed this option and wasn't sure how it worked. I want to order from them but I don't want to have to wait 2 weeks to get my food. I'm just wondering how often they come to my area, since it's pretty far out there from the big city. I don't want a pushy or creepy sale's guy in my face, but it would be nice to have food delivered to my home. I used to love the grocery delivery in CO, but we don't have that here.

eta: I don't see the free $10 of food, so that promotion must have ended? I do see save 5%

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:56 PM

I wanted mine shipped in a cooler, but it wouldn't let me click it. DD was climbing me and a bit cranky , so I didn't even try to contact them thru chat or email.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Old 08-19-2009, 12:28 PM

the guy told me there is some promo where new customers always get $5 off a $25 order or $10 off a $50 order for like the first 3 vistits i think so it gives more incentive to get in the habit of ordering i guess but is a good money saver cause if you place the oder online you can save 5% with the code 4A then when they deliver mention that new customer thing if they don't mention it to you and you can save another 5 or 10 dollars.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reducereuserecycle View Post
the guy told me there is some promo where new customers always get $5 off a $25 order or $10 off a $50 order for like the first 3 vistits i think so it gives more incentive to get in the habit of ordering i guess but is a good money saver cause if you place the oder online you can save 5% with the code 4A then when they deliver mention that new customer thing if they don't mention it to you and you can save another 5 or 10 dollars.
The $10 off 50 coupon code is BF.

By the way, if any of you aren't used to dealing with online stores, pretty much EVERY store online has coupons/coupon codes. Google is really handy to find these things out. The other place I go to that has a thread going on about this deal also mentioned it.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

Old 08-19-2009, 02:29 PM

:

Old 08-19-2009, 04:51 PM

my GALLON of cookies and cream ice cream is being delivered today

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FondestBianca View Post
my GALLON of cookies and cream ice cream is being delivered today
That's what I got. I'm so used to getting the small sizes that it seems like we haven't made a dent!

It doesn't taste super premium or anything. More like somewhere between Breyers and a McFlurry.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

Old 08-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenelle View Post
It said online that my next service date was Wednesday, August 12, and that didn't happen either. They usually come on the same day of the week, every 2 weeks, so I don't know whether to expect him this coming Wednesday... Or next Wednesday... Or if the website is just full of it.

Ha! I just went and checked the website again, and now it says Tuesday, August 18.
My delivery date has changed, it *should* be delivered tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:30 AM

Our guy did come on Tuesday. We got the mini breakfast pizzas and had them today -- everyone REALLY liked them! Kids also got the mini corn dogs : and I tried the fried rice. Everything was great. Thanks again, OP!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:56 PM

Well, my guy just called and will be coming today as scheduled.

We also got the breakfast mini pizzas. 3 packages because I know my family loves, loves, loves them! I got ALOT of stuff because I am very familiar w/their products. I'm really pissed that they quit carrying the veggie lasagnes, though. :

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Old 08-20-2009, 02:47 PM

I would have actually gotten out of the house and enjoyed the outdoors yesterday if I'd known they were going to deliver at 9pm. :

oh well. still ate it just the same

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:09 PM

Mine was just delivered. I was pretty ticked that they no longer have the root beer float bars I'd ordered 2 boxes of. Why did the website let me order if they were seasonal and the season was over? Grrrr. Oh well. The kids are happily eating Gold Nugget bars and looking forward to their breakfast pizzas in the morning.

There were 2 guys, and they were both very very nice. Definitely making sure I'd be there for the next delivery, lol.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madders View Post
My food was never delivered. I was supposed to receive it last Monday and did not hear anything from them
Me too. Their website said my order was received, but I never got it.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The guy came today and dropped ours' off. He was very polite, didn't try to get us to buy anything else (didn't even ask).

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 08-21-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phathui5 View Post
The guy came today and dropped ours' off. He was very polite, didn't try to get us to buy anything else (didn't even ask).
Our guy came a couple days ago with our freebie (fiesta lime chicken... haven't tried it yet). The guy was super nice and didn't try to sell us anything else. When I asked for a catalog he gave me one and said I could order online or he would stop back in 2 weeks to check and see if I needed anything. Since DP will be going out of the country for a couple weeks next month I may order some easy meal type things to make it easier on me

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 08-21-2009, 03:54 PM

The mini breakfast pizzas are VERY popular at our house! Oh, what have I started?
Old 08-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Banned

So, I finally got my ice cream... at 10 o'clock last night. Apparently this is his normal time too. I actually do plan on ordering more food in the future...
Old 08-27-2009, 12:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a charge of 5 cents. It is part of the delivery fee (to cover gas costs) that was over the $10 limit. Ah, well. Looking forward to free lunch! Thanks for the tip!

Jennifer :, blessed wife to M since 4/00 and joyful mother of ds M 6/03, dd L 2/06 and ds O 3/10.
Now waiting on a surprise blessing: edd 4/23/15!

User Tag List