Forum Jump: 

#301 of 397 Old 09-20-2009, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotsna View Post
Cwat, Satori and Avery'sMom,

The people who rent this to me are my dear life long friends, who helped me out in a jam two years ago. This is their mother's house (who partially raised me too).

My friend and her brother own the house, and her brother has developed a serious condition, and they just need to sell the house yesterday, since he hasn't worked for 3 weeks. The house has "been for sale" for 2 years, but no sign in the yard, no one coming to see it. I guess they need to clear it out and paint a solid color, replace carpets then show it like crazy.

The notice has no date on it, but did say 30 days from "the date at the bottom" which has no date on it. They stuck it on my door yesterday when I wasn't home. I guess they came to tell me in person, but I wasn't home. So...I have to move, and I still don't know exactly when.

I have a house to look at today, which is in my price range, and another one which is in my range, but only has 1 bedroom, and a seperate dining room (which could be used as a bedroom). I have to be creative here, because I don't think I have alot of time. Even if they give me till the end of the month, PLUS 30 days, that is nothing. It is hard to find a place in that amount of time.

I'm heading out now to look, so wish me luck!
Good luck! I bet you will find the perfect place, as they say, when one door closes another one opens although I usually find better success going out the window

Seriously?
#302 of 397 Old 09-20-2009, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't worry Jyotsna (I know, easier said than done) the right place will present itself.

mama to dd1 17yo, ds1 16yo, ds2 13 yo, and dd2 6yo
#303 of 397 Old 09-20-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwat View Post
One of the places I put in an application to called me back
I have an interview tomorrow at 1:30pm
(I'm going to take it as a good sign that it's on DD1's birthday and really close to the time she was born at )
Wish me luck...

Good luck!

Quote:
when one door closes another one opens although I usually find better success going out the window
I love that!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#304 of 397 Old 09-20-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
when one door closes another one opens although I usually find better sucess going out of the window

Sounds like my life recently.

#305 of 397 Old 09-20-2009, 10:37 PM

Aaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!! I just went to check on my application for a dream job for me that I thought was all set and just waiting for someone to look it over (it is with Americorps), and realized that I hadn't sent in my resume and cover letter and the last day that they are taking applications is tomorrow. Now it looks like I waited until the last possible second to get my application in and completed.

I am crossing everything possible that I can cross that I get this job. It would be helping low income people who are in danger of losing their housing, or who have already lost their housing to find more permant apartments. I think I would be perfect for it and that I would actually feel like I am making a difference in people's lives. I just feel like there must be a million other people applying for the same position though.

If I do get it, it won't count against my rent, food stamps, health insurance, and a few other benefits, so with keeping my social service benefits and what I would make with Americorps, I would actually be making a pretty decent wage. I might even be able to do something totally crazy like start paying off some student loan debt too.

I also received an email from a potential employer today about how they want to keep my resume on file because I am a "strong candidate" for when they build their new office in a few months, but since I am looking for full time work, they don't have a spot for me currently. They said they are hiring only part-time employees right now. AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH AGAIN!!!! I WANT part time work, not full time! I am in school and can't imagine doing full time work and half time school. I did write back thanking them for looking at my resume and saying that I would be very interested in a part time position. Hopefully they call me asking for an interview in the next couple of days.

I need a freaking job!!! (just not food service.... )

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#306 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas,

I looked at a few houses today. One of them was a house that was on craigslist, and was a scam. The house was actually for SALE, not RENT.

Anyway, I sure loved driving around in my new shoeswhile loooking. HA ha!

Vegetarian Hindu, mother to L,P and R. 
#307 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 01:54 AM

I finally pulled out DS1's old Halloween Costumes.. are ya'll still interested in doing a swap? Can we do it in this thread, or do we have to do it in another thread? Or a yahoo or facebook group?

Anyway, I have a 18-24 month halloween bat sweater top and a 6-12 month chicken/rooster (I have pics somewhere online of DS1 in them)

Tomorrow is Monday, hope there is good news in the mail for everyone!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#308 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 08:47 AM

Hi, everyone Happy Monday
Today is DD1's 17th birthday (Goodness I feel old)
Going to take a little bit of money out of my (dwindling) bank account and take her to McD's for a pancake breakfast (her request) and then to the Salvation Army for some "new" clothes.
I also have that job interview this afternoon at 1:30pm. (wishmeluck)

#309 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Hi, everyone Happy Monday
Today is DD1's 17th birthday (Goodness I feel old)
Going to take a little bit of money out of my (dwindling) bank account and take her to McD's for a pancake breakfast (her request) and then to the Salvation Army for some "new" clothes.
I also have that job interview this afternoon at 1:30pm. (wishmeluck)
Happy Birthday to your DD!!!

Good Luck at your job interview!

#310 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry I haven't been here much. Been trying to pack my DD1 clothes because she leaves on her trip to my brothers with my parents on Wed. I am going to miss her so much but I know she will have a blast. They plan to take her to the beach,on a boat ride,whale watching,train ride, and having a HUGE party for her birthday with the food being catered in from a fancy place and he also hired Ben and Jerry's to serve ice cream with a little ice cream cart at the party. My daughter is going to be SO spoiled.Hope everyone's doing ok!

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#311 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmomma05 View Post
Sorry I haven't been here much. Been trying to pack my DD1 clothes because she leaves on her trip to my brothers with my parents on Wed. I am going to miss her so much but I know she will have a blast. They plan to take her to the beach,on a boat ride,whale watching,train ride, and having a HUGE party for her birthday with the food being catered in from a fancy place and he also hired Ben and Jerry's to serve ice cream with a little ice cream cart at the party. My daughter is going to be SO spoiled.Hope everyone's doing ok!
wow!! that sounds so neat!

#312 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 06:54 PM

Well, things went well with DD1, she had a good time
But the job interview was stupid! I waited 10 minutes for the guy, he talked to me for 5 minutes then said to me (and I quote) "if we call you you got the job, if we don't you didn't"
duh...

#313 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
wow!! that sounds so neat!
Yeah she will be going to Cape Cod, MA. I am insanely worried about her being away from me for 10 days but I know that my brother and parents will take good care of her and she will have a blast. We live in NC so they will be driving 800 or so miles to his house. They plan to leave first thing Wed. morning.

Quote:
Well, things went well with DD1, she had a good time
But the job interview was stupid! I waited 10 minutes for the guy, he talked to me for 5 minutes then said to me (and I quote) "if we call you you got the job, if we don't you didn't"
duh...
I hate when interviews are stupid it drives me insane. It's like no crap you will call if we want to hire you UGH! I am sorry! Hugs. I am glad your daughters bday was good!

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#314 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 08:19 PM

I am seriously freaking out & don't know what to do. DH started an online training to get his real estate license, so on his last unemployment claim form where it asks if you started school or training program, he put yes...They stop his unemplyoment funds!!!! We got a check today for only 1 week instead of 2 & no new claim form to fill out. He tried calling but got hung up on & told to call back because there were already too many people on hold. WTH!!!! We are already not paying the mortgage or the credit cards. Unemployment was going to be just enough to cover the utilites, gas & the car. Now what are we supposed to do??

Add to that the fact that DH's car wouldn't start this morning & we have had a great f'ing day! I feel like I am going to throw up.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#315 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 08:23 PM

Well I just got my arse saved royally no thanks to my dd and her big mouth. Circuit breaker has been blowing on a near daily basis and I finally called the rental agency and they warned me if I was just overloading the breaker or was responsible for damage to the electrical system I would be responsible for the bill. Guy gets here and 1st thing dd says "It threw out sparks when we did this!" and precedes to flip the light switch up and down a doz times as fast as possible. Then it appears between the computer and the A/C alone I'm drawing 18 amps on a 15 amp breaker. CRAP! I'm stuck with the bill. He checked the bedroom where it keeps blowing out too and its on the same circuit so add in running the light and ceiling fan to running the A/C and computer and voila, blown breaker. Its been running fine but when the A/C cycles on that's when it blows because it tries grabbing 18amps alone to turn on.

So he replaces all he outlets and the switch in that room because they were not wired safely and broke the wiring up and added a breaker so the bedroom is on its own breaker and advised moving the computer into the other room but it wouldn't totally solve the problem since we have another computer on the A/C breaker already. Once it cools down and we don't need the A/C we don't need to worry about it but for now we have to choose between a hot house or the computer.

So all the while I'm trying not to freak out about the bill I'm sure I'm going to get that I can not afford and as he's walking out the door he tells me "I'll tell X you had a bad breaker that needed to be replaced" I don't get billed!

Now I just need to hope the weather cools down soon, I hate being stuck in the kitchen using the computer, the dishwasher is not a comfy place to sit! Of course I really shouldn't complain because how many people actually HAVE an extra computer to put in the kitchen to use for recipes or watching movies while doing dishes/cooking?

, ok I really gotta watch my mouth, kids are fighting over a baby doll and I yell at the 9 year old to "just give her the flippin doll!" and 3 yr old comes back in "mom! she won't give me the flippin doll!"

Seriously?
#316 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
I am seriously freaking out & don't know what to do. DH started an online training to get his real estate license, so on his last unemployment claim form where it asks if you started school or training program, he put yes...They stop his unemplyoment funds!!!! We got a check today for only 1 week instead of 2 & no new claim form to fill out. He tried calling but got hung up on & told to call back because there were already too many people on hold. WTH!!!! We are already not paying the mortgage or the credit cards. Unemployment was going to be just enough to cover the utilites, gas & the car. Now what are we supposed to do??

Add to that the fact that DH's car wouldn't start this morning & we have had a great f'ing day! I feel like I am going to throw up.
Never ever tell UI you started school because it means your not looking for work. Online classes are exempt from reporting so call them back and tell them he is not attending classes because technically he is not sitting his rear in a seat so he's not attending classes.

Seriously?
#317 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
Never ever tell UI you started school because it means your not looking for work. Online classes are exempt from reporting so call them back and tell them he is not attending classes because technically he is not sitting his rear in a seat so he's not attending classes.
I agree!

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#318 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
He is going to try calling again in the morning. I guess we will just tell them it was a mistake. I never would have dreamed it to be a 'bad' thing. How is bettering yourself a bad thing? I guess it make sense in terms of them assuming that you are not looking for work. Thank goodness he has applied for some jobs since then through the unemployment website so he can show he is still looking for work.

#319 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 08:45 PM

I have a question, I'm going to suck it up and go to the food bank tomorrow because we need perishables (local grocery store donates tons of fresh produce every day and your literally allowed to go 4 days a week if you want to) and I found out tomorrow they will also be giving out food from the USDA Commodity's program. What exactly do they give out? I remember when I was little my grandmother getting beans, cheese and honey but that's all I remember.

Seriously?
#320 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 09:07 PM

So I had someone contact me about babysitting her 2 kids who are 2 and 3 from 830-530pm everyday. She won't be filing it on taxes and she ask around how much do I charge. I said 65 a week (WAY low but she provides food and honestly I need any money I can get).I am kind of nervous as I live in a trailer (its newish but could use a painting inside etc) and I just feel like someone will judge me because we live in a trailer. She is suppose to call so I will see what happens.

#321 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I have a question, I'm going to suck it up and go to the food bank tomorrow because we need perishables (local grocery store donates tons of fresh produce every day and your literally allowed to go 4 days a week if you want to) and I found out tomorrow they will also be giving out food from the USDA Commodity's program. What exactly do they give out? I remember when I was little my grandmother getting beans, cheese and honey but that's all I remember.
I am not sure our food pantry gives out way old food (its a church ran one) so we stopped going.

#322 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
So I had someone contact me about babysitting her 2 kids who are 2 and 3 from 830-530pm everyday. She won't be filing it on taxes and she ask around how much do I charge. I said 65 a week (WAY low but she provides food and honestly I need any money I can get).I am kind of nervous as I live in a trailer (its newish but could use a painting inside etc) and I just feel like someone will judge me because we live in a trailer. She is suppose to call so I will see what happens.
I hope you are at least asking for $65/each kid/week!
#323 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
I am not sure our food pantry gives out way old food (its a church ran one) so we stopped going.
The perishables is all fresh stuff from the store and is good for another week. Today when I went in to ask questions they handed me 3 bags of real lettuce (sweet baby greens), doz organic eggs and offered bread which I didn't take since we couldn't use it. They get the $$ stuff that doesn't sale because its so $$$, like the $15 bowls of cut up melons, lunch meat ect. It all has to go that day or its trashed.

I'm just wondering what you get at the commodities give away.

Seriously?
#324 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2maya View Post
That's what I was thinking, that's crazy cheap no matter where you live even for 1 kid! Can you imagine paying $13 day for 2 kids? That's $7.50 day per kid, desperate or not for money, that's way to low.

Seriously?
#325 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2maya View Post
Quote:
That's what I was thinking, that's crazy cheap no matter where you live even for 1 kid! Can you imagine paying $13 day for 2 kids? That's $7.50 day per kid, desperate or not for money, that's way to low.
I know its insane! but the going rate for in home care,where I live is 20.00 a day. (We were looking a babysitter it was 100.00 a week,5 days,9 hrs a day and they provided food.) That also was both girls 100.00 a week. Maybe around here everyone is desperate? I have no clue.lol. oh and no its actually 65 a week for 2 kids with the mom providing food. Shes a single mom low income otherwise I would have charged the normal 80-100 rate a week for here.

#326 of 397 Old 09-21-2009, 11:14 PM

ok after doing math and reading yall's replys I decided to write her back and tell her 65 is just to little. Thanks for making me check the math LOL! Hopefully she doesn't get offended because even 200 extra a month will help us a TON!

#327 of 397 Old 09-22-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I just feel like someone will judge me because we live in a trailer. She is suppose to call so I will see what happens.
Something just occurred to me, I often feel the same way because I live in an apt when many people here have a house. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as your home is clean, safe and you provide what the need then you will find someone

Seriously?
#328 of 397 Old 09-22-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Something just occurred to me, I often feel the same way because I live in an apt when many people here have a house. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as your home is clean, safe and you provide what the need then you will find someone
I know I have nothing to worry about I am just a worry wart lol. I did send her a email saying I had to raise the price because it wasn't fair for that low.She wrote back and was fine with that so thank goodness. My house is fairly clean (you know lived in) but I plan to do a TON of decluttering,washing walls etc stuff that I wouldn't normally do lol. I just worry I am such a introvert I have alot of trouble with people coming over.

#329 of 397 Old 09-22-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I know I have nothing to worry about I am just a worry wart lol. I did send her a email saying I had to raise the price because it wasn't fair for that low.She wrote back and was fine with that so thank goodness. My house is fairly clean (you know lived in) but I plan to do a TON of decluttering,washing walls etc stuff that I wouldn't normally do lol. I just worry I am such a introvert I have alot of trouble with people coming over.
I can relate to how you feel. I live in a trailer and I'm an introvert. I don't like having people come over in my space, especially not if I also feel they will be judging me, as I find most people tend to do. It wouldn't be so bad if our trailer was leveled. We've lived here since July 1, 2005 and it's been unlevel this whole time. At least I know which corner of the living room the drinks will spill toward.... And we did replace the flooring in the kitchen/living room from carpeting to linoleum, so that helped.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#330 of 397 Old 09-22-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ View Post
I can relate to how you feel. I live in a trailer and I'm an introvert. I don't like having people come over in my space, especially not if I also feel they will be judging me, as I find most people tend to do. It wouldn't be so bad if our trailer was leveled. We've lived here since July 1, 2005 and it's been unlevel this whole time. At least I know which corner of the living room the drinks will spill toward.... And we did replace the flooring in the kitchen/living room from carpeting to linoleum, so that helped.
My trailer is actually new so I have NO idea why I am so concerned. I mean I guess its the introvert thing but gosh. I don't even like friends coming over. The underpinning needs to be redone because of high winds over the past 2-3 years.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page