September ~~Low Income Thread~~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 397 Old 09-02-2009, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
UGH--what provider do you have? you can always buy one of those go-phones (pay per minute type) and usually the SIM cards are interchangeable. i had to do that with my phone awhile back--cost $30 for the cheapest go-phone, and i just gave the minutes card to somebody who actually could use it

i hope you get to the grocery store soon too!
Thanks for the advice about the phone. I had no idea that the prepay phones could be used for anything but that kind of service. Do they hold up well? I kind of need to have a sturdy phone because of riding the bus with the kids and struggling with stroller and school bags and such I tend to drop it a lot. I have Cricket. It sucks but it is cheap. I have actually considered switching services because sometimes you can get phones for free from a carrier. I will have to look into my options when I actually have money.

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!
#62 of 397 Old 09-02-2009, 10:34 PM

I did actually have an interview with a daycare center (OMg-I'd like a break from the kids NOT more kids...) I just thought I would check it out...

And the lady pretty much told me that if I needed to pick up a sick kid from school TOO BAD.

So there is the climate you are working with as a mother trying to work. In a nutshell.

I wanted to just honor you for staying with whats Best for your family. No matter what the Status Quo is.

You rock.
#63 of 397 Old 09-02-2009, 11:06 PM

yes, i totally kwym about the "two incomes solving all problems" mindset--it's even more prevalent in our case b/c the poor pregnant mama of 3 is the one working, while 6-yrs-younger-than-me DH is staying at home "being lazy".

A lot of people around us don't believe that he's sick, because if it were "real", we'd just go to the doc and deal with the quarter-mil in medical bills later. Stress aggravates his problems, and he's an introvert--so hmm...there should be no reason why he shouldn't just work as a WalMart greeter, right?? People are awesome sometimes.

We've been told that he could get an overnight job, and then let the kids run amok all day unsupervised while I worked and he slept--see, we clearly have loads of options and are just too dumb to utilize them, right?

We didn't plan on DH being sick. We also didn't plan on having another LO before I was done with my BA. We've all gotta play the hand we're dealt, and that shouldn't automatically mean that the kids get shafted b/c of it, yk? It amazes me that some people seem to think that's exactly what should happen--the kids get put last all of a sudden

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#64 of 397 Old 09-02-2009, 11:20 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural_mama89 View Post
Ugg, I hear you there. That is insane. Money issues just suck. I would be perfectly happy if money just did not exist. many problems in the world would vanish. Not like that is ever going to happen though.
I totally agree, I wish we could all revert back to bartering, living off the grid (totally *awesome*) and saying the hell with the whole money thing.... I am now 20k in debt for the Associates Program at UOP so I can try to get a decent job... For what? To spend more money? : I can agree with what FondestBianca said about the second job creating more problems than what it's worth. I'll be likely facing this when I have finished school - with a student loan pmt to boot... I was so stupid for that. :

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#65 of 397 Old 09-02-2009, 11:27 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
yes, i totally kwym about the "two incomes solving all problems" mindset--it's even more prevalent in our case b/c the poor pregnant mama of 3 is the one working, while 6-yrs-younger-than-me DH is staying at home "being lazy".

A lot of people around us don't believe that he's sick, because if it were "real", we'd just go to the doc and deal with the quarter-mil in medical bills later. Stress aggravates his problems, and he's an introvert--so hmm...there should be no reason why he shouldn't just work as a WalMart greeter, right?? People are awesome sometimes.

We've been told that he could get an overnight job, and then let the kids run amok all day unsupervised while I worked and he slept--see, we clearly have loads of options and are just too dumb to utilize them, right?

We didn't plan on DH being sick. We also didn't plan on having another LO before I was done with my BA. We've all gotta play the hand we're dealt, and that shouldn't automatically mean that the kids get shafted b/c of it, yk? It amazes me that some people seem to think that's exactly what should happen--the kids get put last all of a sudden
:
I totally kwym...
We all seem to need some positive vibes right about now...
I know I do...

#66 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 12:17 AM

I'm a SAHM my husband works. Even if I could work right now(no green card yet) I would make so little money it would all go to gass, and after school care.
#67 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelsSahm View Post
I'm a SAHM my husband works. Even if I could work right now I would make so little money it would all go to gas and after school care.
Yeah, same here, except it would all go to daycare, transportation and a presentable wardrobe for me, and in the end we'd end up with less money because I would not make as much as I'd have to spend.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#68 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ View Post
Yeah, same here, except it would all go to daycare, transportation and a presentable wardrobe for me, and in the end we'd end up with less money because I would not make as much as I'd have to spend.
Exactly! I just don't see the benefit of working to pay for care, gass, wardrobe, car, and have nothing else left in the end.
#69 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 01:05 AM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ View Post
Nothing like spending a dollar to chase a dime...

#70 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
I totally agree, I wish we could all revert back to bartering, living off the grid (totally *awesome*) and saying the hell with the whole money thing.... I am now 20k in debt for the Associates Program at UOP so I can try to get a decent job... For what? To spend more money? : I can agree with what FondestBianca said about the second job creating more problems than what it's worth. I'll be likely facing this when I have finished school - with a student loan pmt to boot... I was so stupid for that. :
Yeah absolutely. Even now I barter as much as I can. I too have a dream of being totally off grid one day. But it is going to take some time. I hate that I hate the system, but I have to rely on it basically for survival right now. All because of stupid money! And I have to go into debt for school so I can be a midwife, which I would honestly rather just do a traditional apprenticeship, but yeah no luck finding anyone willing to do that. But oh well gotta keep going and
:

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!
#71 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 07:13 AM

Well, this thread is moving right along
Sorry about your insurance issues (whoever it was...)
In the town where I live (lots of "welfare mothers") the doctors are pretty cool (usually), it's the dentists that are a bunch of hack!! They are terrible!!
So, someone gave me a recommendation for one that takes my insurance the next town over-I'm going to call them and see when/if I can get an appointment.
On the subject of meds, State insurance changed the list of "approved" medicines (again ) and the asthma meds that DS1 used to take (TC he doesn't anymore) is off the list, and that medication now costs $195 per inhaler! Are they NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been looking into getting a part time job in my area at night (20-25hrs) and there is very little available. I know what everyone means about second jobs not even being worth it : Back when I was still coupled, I was a SAHM (and loved it and everyone thought I was sooo lazy. Now I'm working (my a$$ off) and as a family we are barely breaking even. Even when ex was working and giving child support (but THAT is a whole other post)

mama to dd1 17yo, ds1 16yo, ds2 13 yo, and dd2 6yo
#72 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 09:56 AM

Ahhh...cwat, your post reminded me I have to check on who the closest dentist is who takes Medicaid. If it really is going to be 3 hours away then we have to figure out is it worth paying for the gas to drive that far, and all the other expenses that inevitably come up on a trip, or would it just make more sense to go ahead & pay out of pocket for the dentist in town to do them. Our dentist in town is AWESOME. I've seen him since I was 5. I have no qualms at all about having him do anything on my girls. He's very gentle. I've had a ton of fillings from him & never any pain. So then I feel like I *also* need to factor in the whole taking DD to an unknown dentist which will potentially be free, as opposed to taking her to one who I KNOW will do good quality work. That's NOT a choice anyone should have to make. :

Gotta admit it's SOOOOO nice to hear other mamas vent about the whole "being right on the income line" thing and one vs two incomes not making sense.

Even when DH is in a higher paying job and we have our own benefits again I don't see me going back to work. We LIKE the one income life style. And we like having time together as a family. It's a priority for us and, frankly, one we're willing to sacrifice a lot to keep. Sure, I *could* put our girls into public school & daycare this year, but that's not what we consider best for our family. Plus I'm still not convinced we'd really net much more once all the extra expenses would be taken into consideration. Just more stress and less time together. Crazy!
#73 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 AM

Hi Mamas!

Joining this thread too! Dh had a wall fall on him and is currently working part time delivering newspapers once a week for a weekly newpaper. He normally does contruction but when the wall fell on him his muscle separated from his ribs and he hurt his shoulder. So we are surviving on about $90 a week andd part of that has to go into gas so he can deliver the papers so that leaves us with about $70 . We are getting help with food so that is good .

I never would have thought this would happen. We are trying not to get behind in bills.

Okay I am trying to stay positive and not create negative energy surounding this.

***THINKING POSITIVE THOUGHTS****

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#74 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemamalove View Post
Hi Mamas!

Joining this thread too! Dh had a wall fall on him and is currently working part time delivering newspapers once a week for a weekly newpaper. He normally does contruction but when the wall fell on him his muscle separated from his ribs and he hurt his shoulder. So we are surviving on about $90 a week andd part of that has to go into gas so he can deliver the papers so that leaves us with about $70 . We are getting help with food so that is good .

I never would have thought this would happen. We are trying not to get behind in bills.

Okay I am trying to stay positive and not create negative energy surounding this.

***THINKING POSITIVE THOUGHTS****
Wow! That's hard. He didn't qualify for unemployment or disability or worker's comp or anything?
#75 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 10:37 AM

everyone knows the Hillbilly Housewife here, right?

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/

$45 Emergency Menu for 4 to 6
http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/40dollarmenu.htm
#76 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM

Even though it makes no sense for me to WOHM, when you crunch the #s, I still feel guilty about it. I DO want to WoHM eventually (when the boys are in an awesome public charter school- of which we have many options to choose from), but that won't be until years from now. My MIL reminds me all the time how much I would regret it if I did decide to go back to work while my LOs are still so young, and luckily she helps us out a lot (financially, and $$ wise)... but the guilt is there anyway.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#77 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Even though it makes no sense for me to WOHM, when you crunch the #s, I still feel guilty about it. I DO want to WoHM eventually (when the boys are in an awesome public charter school- of which we have many options to choose from), but that won't be until years from now. My MIL reminds me all the time how much I would regret it if I did decide to go back to work while my LOs are still so young, and luckily she helps us out a lot (financially, and $$ wise)... but the guilt is there anyway.
Ditch the guilt, woman! I know, I know...easy to say, but hard to do.

Seriously, you ARE working now. Know how I know that? Because if you were WOH you'd be **PAYING** another person to watch your kids (and possibly clean your house and a variety of other stuff you can do for yourself being a SAH).

So, see there is positive proof that it is in fact work to take care of children.

(Oh, and what got me thinking of this was multiple people telling me what a great teacher I'd make & how I should go teach while putting my kids in daycare/public school. Ummm...OK....so if I leave my own children with strangers to go raise someone else's kids then I'm "working", but if I just cut out the middle man and take care of my kids myself I'm "lazy" and "not reaching my full potential". Again....um....yeah....I think NOT!)
#78 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 11:53 AM

Mods: I get nothing for referring people to this company, it's just really helped us and I want to put the information out there. Thanks

For mamas that are in a rough spot, you might try working from home if you have a bit of spare time. I do, and it makes a ton of difference. The main company I work for is www.demandstudios.com - freelance writing. They pay $15 an article if you get on with them - might be worth a try. I've been able to do quite a bit during naptimes, early mornings, etc - there's no set schedule to try to stick to, you just write when you can. They pay once a week via paypal.

Sandi - Work at home writer mama to Zoe the monkey girl 9/06 and Luna the zen baby 8/08
#79 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post

Interesting that the $45 menu from 2006 is now over $70!! What a sharp increase in such a short period of time!
#80 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 12:43 PM

http://www.likemerchantships.org/200...om-finale.html

This is interesting. It's 2 moms, one who is a coupon/sale/loss leader shopper & one who shops almost exclusively at Aldi's. They had a competition to see who could make 5 days of family dinners for the least amount of money. Some of the recipes look pretty good!

The blog itself is new to me, but I've been to the other Mom's (the Aldi shopper) site before. She has some good ideas. She has a budget of $200 a month for their groceries, toiletries & paper products, so it's definitely applicable to this thread! LOL
#81 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janerose View Post
Ditch the guilt, woman! I know, I know...easy to say, but hard to do.

Seriously, you ARE working now. Know how I know that? Because if you were WOH you'd be **PAYING** another person to watch your kids (and possibly clean your house and a variety of other stuff you can do for yourself being a SAH).

So, see there is positive proof that it is in fact work to take care of children.

(Oh, and what got me thinking of this was multiple people telling me what a great teacher I'd make & how I should go teach while putting my kids in daycare/public school. Ummm...OK....so if I leave my own children with strangers to go raise someone else's kids then I'm "working", but if I just cut out the middle man and take care of my kids myself I'm "lazy" and "not reaching my full potential". Again....um....yeah....I think NOT!)
I totally get what you are saying, I really do.. and it makes sense, which is why my kids aren't in daycare. But somedays I just feel like if I could just go out and get a "job" (one that pays me), everything would be better. Of course, I realize that I couldn't do that if I wanted to ever see my DH, because the only way it could work would be to work around DH's schedule if we were to ever afford it. I hate this trap. Plus.. not many people want to hire a breastfeeding mother who would have to take pumping breaks every 2 hours.

I am technically on maternity leave at WIC (as a BFing peer counselor), but that was only 6 hrs a week (approx: $200 a month), and we moved 30 miles from the clinic (it used to be a 5 min drive from our old place), and I don't know if it would be worth it for me to go back right now.

DH gets laid off at the end of this month and hasn't found ANY replacement for work. His current job is only seasonal (the only thing he could find after several months of searching), and he's been applying for jobs every single day for the past 4 months with absolutely no response. He has a college degree and is a great worker.. and Utah is one of the best states as far as the economy right now and he still has a hard time finding... anything...

#82 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 01:09 PM
~D~

Quote:

Sweet!! Love the link!! Never knew it existed until now...:

#83 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I totally get what you are saying, I really do.. and it makes sense, which is why my kids aren't in daycare. But somedays I just feel like if I could just go out and get a "job" (one that pays me), everything would be better. Of course, I realize that I couldn't do that if I wanted to ever see my DH, because the only way it could work would be to work around DH's schedule if we were to ever afford it. I hate this trap. Plus.. not many people want to hire a breastfeeding mother who would have to take pumping breaks every 2 hours.

I am technically on maternity leave at WIC (as a BFing peer counselor), but that was only 6 hrs a week (approx: $200 a month), and we moved 30 miles from the clinic (it used to be a 5 min drive from our old place), and I don't know if it would be worth it for me to go back right now.

DH gets laid off at the end of this month and hasn't found ANY replacement for work. His current job is only seasonal (the only thing he could find after several months of searching), and he's been applying for jobs every single day for the past 4 months with absolutely no response. He has a college degree and is a great worker.. and Utah is one of the best states as far as the economy right now and he still has a hard time finding... anything...
Well, that royally stinks! But our economy is turning around, haven't you heard?

I was a BF Peer Counselor at WIC until about 6 months ago as well. I definitely hear you on the "not being worth it" thing. I ended up leaving because I just wasn't enjoying the job anymore, and didn't feel I was making enough money to make it worth the amount of hassle it had become. We lost a bunch of staff so our coordinator was constantly pushing, pushing, pushing for more hours. Started off being a 3 hour a week commitment & by the time I left they were pushing for 10-15 hours a week. I'm sorry, but if I'm taking that amount of time from my family (because they wanted the majority of those to be in clinic) I'm going to make more than minimum wage, you know?

Sending you ++++ vibes for you DH's job search! *hugs*
#84 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
http://www.likemerchantships.org/200...om-finale.html

This is interesting. It's 2 moms, one who is a coupon/sale/loss leader shopper & one who shops almost exclusively at Aldi's. They had a competition to see who could make 5 days of family dinners for the least amount of money. Some of the recipes look pretty good!

The blog itself is new to me, but I've been to the other Mom's (the Aldi shopper) site before. She has some good ideas. She has a budget of $200 a month for their groceries, toiletries & paper products, so it's definitely applicable to this thread! LOL
It looks like that was done early 2007 before we had a major inflation problem.

Seriously?
#85 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
It looks like that was done early 2007 before we had a major inflation problem.
Hmmm...thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed. Still, I do shop at Aldi's regularly & I didn't notice a big difference in the prices she listed in her Aldi's menu from the ones I currently pay.

Hopefully someone can still get a few good ideas out of it!
#86 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 01:27 PM

We are a family of 8 (six children between the ages of 19 months and 15 1/2)and are able to live off of very little without accepting any help from the government except health care (which is a big one for which I am very grateful). We do qualify for WIC, food stamps, reduced property taxes, reduced phone, fuel (wood assistanc for us), etc.. etc... However, we have purposefully chosen to eliminate debt and live very modestly by not participating too the consumeristic society. If, however, our circumstances did change we would be very grateful for assistance. Right now though, we just have dial-up for the internet, no tv, no cell phones, etc.... We did recently buy a home but the mortgage is low.

However, we do have challenges - like our two oldest sons need new shoes and rarely do I find adult shoes at the thrift shops, etc... For us $100 is a lot. We live on about $400/week or so with my husband running a property maintenance business, my 6 hour/week librarian job, and our online natural fiber craft business as well as growing our own food and having chickens for eggs.

We didn't always live this way - my husband had a high paying, somewhat stressful job and we were major consumers - new houses, new cars, etc, etc. with lots of debt.
Living how we do now in rural northern new england was something we set out to do in order to spend more time together as a family, become involved in the community, and working with our hands.

In order to live on less we drive an old, paid for Suburban (and only have one vehicle).

I hope that all of you that are struggling right now are able to find a way to make things work. I can sympathize lots with the dental work as I need lots and can only afford to get a cavity filled every two or three months, but am thankful to be able to do that.

Thanks for sharing all these great ideas - I look forward to sharing more.

Simple Living, Joyful Homemaking, Homeschooling Mom of 6
#87 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Well, that royally stinks! But our economy is turning around, haven't you heard?

I was a BF Peer Counselor at WIC until about 6 months ago as well. I definitely hear you on the "not being worth it" thing. I ended up leaving because I just wasn't enjoying the job anymore, and didn't feel I was making enough money to make it worth the amount of hassle it had become. We lost a bunch of staff so our coordinator was constantly pushing, pushing, pushing for more hours. Started off being a 3 hour a week commitment & by the time I left they were pushing for 10-15 hours a week. I'm sorry, but if I'm taking that amount of time from my family (because they wanted the majority of those to be in clinic) I'm going to make more than minimum wage, you know?

Sending you ++++ vibes for you DH's job search! *hugs*
I really love my WIC clinic and my co workers were awesome, and thought I was super smart and awesome too. It paid $9 an hour. But it is hard fitting in even 6 hours a week, working around school, mothering, and everything else.

I plan to become an IBCLC, and the hours count toward my clinical hours for that. But I am also a LLL leader, and those hours count as well, so I don't HAVE to work at WIC for my hours.

However, if I do stay on with WIC, I have the potential to be an IBCLC for them (the whole county's clinics). I spoke to the person in charge of all the PCs and nutritionists, and he would love to have a lactation consultant, but there aren't many out there with WIC and peer counseling experience, and basically told me if I passed my test I would he would try very hard to create a position for me.

#88 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I really love my WIC clinic and my co workers were awesome, and thought I was super smart and awesome too. It paid $9 an hour. But it is hard fitting in even 6 hours a week, working around school, mothering, and everything else.

I plan to become an IBCLC, and the hours count toward my clinical hours for that. But I am also a LLL leader, and those hours count as well, so I don't HAVE to work at WIC for my hours.

However, if I do stay on with WIC, I have the potential to be an IBCLC for them (the whole county's clinics). I spoke to the person in charge of all the PCs and nutritionists, and he would love to have a lactation consultant, but there aren't many out there with WIC and peer counseling experience, and basically told me if I passed my test I would he would try very hard to create a position for me.
That's awesome! I think I was making about $8.50 when I left. At our program the lady who was the head of it & the lady who was the head PC were both IBCLC's already. Everyone I worked with was also very, very nice, so no complaints there.

I've debated going back. I know they'd take me, it's more an issue of whether I really want to get into it again or not. One of the other PC's went part-time, so the push for the hours isn't so bad now as it was 6 months ago. The extra money would be nice, but again, we have to be so careful about how much we make since we're right on that line income wise. And of course, scheduling time around mothering, homeschooling, DH's work, and other family commitments is very challenging. I hear you on that one!

The girl who went part-time tried it last summer & it royally messed her benefits up. She's a very young girl (I wanna say *maybe* 20?) who is a single SAHM. She's pretty much living off TANF, food stamps, WIC, HEAP...all the usual stuff. Well, she temporarily filled a gap at our office last summer for 6 weeks while someone was on family leave. By making like $600/mo it disqualified her for most of her services. They yanked her housing subsidy, cut her food stamps, all sorts of stuff. Her parents were great & helped her out. And our boss contacted every place for her, sending certified letters, for proof that the increase in income was only temporary.

Still, what sort of sense does it make to take someone who is trying to better themselves & when they make $600 remove over $1000 worth of benefits? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
#89 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:

I hillbilly housewife.

#90 of 397 Old 09-03-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingmomma View Post
We are a family of 8 (six children between the ages of 19 months and 15 1/2)and are able to live off of very little without accepting any help from the government except health care (which is a big one for which I am very grateful). We do qualify for WIC, food stamps, reduced property taxes, reduced phone, fuel (wood assistanc for us), etc.. etc... However, we have purposefully chosen to eliminate debt and live very modestly by not participating too the consumeristic society. If, however, our circumstances did change we would be very grateful for assistance. Right now though, we just have dial-up for the internet, no tv, no cell phones, etc.... We did recently buy a home but the mortgage is low.

However, we do have challenges - like our two oldest sons need new shoes and rarely do I find adult shoes at the thrift shops, etc... For us $100 is a lot. We live on about $400/week or so with my husband running a property maintenance business, my 6 hour/week librarian job, and our online natural fiber craft business as well as growing our own food and having chickens for eggs.

We didn't always live this way - my husband had a high paying, somewhat stressful job and we were major consumers - new houses, new cars, etc, etc. with lots of debt.
Living how we do now in rural northern new england was something we set out to do in order to spend more time together as a family, become involved in the community, and working with our hands.

In order to live on less we drive an old, paid for Suburban (and only have one vehicle).

I hope that all of you that are struggling right now are able to find a way to make things work. I can sympathize lots with the dental work as I need lots and can only afford to get a cavity filled every two or three months, but am thankful to be able to do that.

Thanks for sharing all these great ideas - I look forward to sharing more.
Could you tell me about your homeschooling experience? My children are going to go to Montessori through kindergarten (because I am going to school and DP and I don't have very compatible schedules right now, but that may change soonish), but after that I plan on homeschooling. Got any tips for homeschooling on a tight budget?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page