Getting Out of Debt with DR, Sept 2009 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 131 Old 09-30-2009, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
It means that I removed several posts where people were taunting the spammers. We would prefer that you not engage and report them instead. It makes it much easier and quicker to get rid of them.
Thanks! I didn't even notice there was spam on this thread and I check it every couple days for new ideas! for you as always

We're still here. Still working toward BS2. We could have been there already but chose to use dh's pell grant refund to buy new heavy-duty winter jackets for myself and the girls, dry stock for the food closet, a couple weeks worth of 'treats' food wise, pay off a couple bills, etc. We've got about a third of it left but we're hanging on to it so we can put it with his GI Bill payment when he gets it so we can pay November's rent. Once that's out of the way we're going to use my child support to pay off the rest of the > $100 debts and hopefully buy a quarter beef with November's check which combined with our dry stock reserves will drop our grocery budget to about $50 a month for roughly three to six months, freeing up over $200 to put toward our debts!
#122 of 131 Old 09-30-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitnbugsmom View Post
hopefully buy a quarter beef with November's check which combined with our dry stock reserves will drop our grocery budget to about $50 a month for roughly three to six months, freeing up over $200 to put toward our debts!
now THAT's impressive. I cannot even imagine a grocery bill so low!

(did I miss all the drama with the spammers or was that on another thread??)
#123 of 131 Old 09-30-2009, 11:40 AM

Sorry it was to easy I will report in the future

Congrats Kaitnbugsmom for lowering your bill! Mine sadly has gone up
#124 of 131 Old 09-30-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softmama View Post
now THAT's impressive. I cannot even imagine a grocery bill so low!

(did I miss all the drama with the spammers or was that on another thread??)
TYVM I am actually quite proud of myself. I've also picked up a few new super cheap meal ideas simply by throwing some stuff together and seeing what gets eaten and what hangs out in the fridge.

The mod deleted all the spam posts from what I can tell, and quick enough I never noticed them.
#125 of 131 Old 09-30-2009, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am a spam-eating machine.

BTW, I'll be joining you all in the October thread. We just started FPU (well, are three weeks in).

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#126 of 131 Old 09-30-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I am a spam-eating machine.

BTW, I'll be joining you all in the October thread. We just started FPU (well, are three weeks in).
Exciting! Glad you guys took the class!

You are the Spam-eating machine
#127 of 131 Old 09-30-2009, 05:14 PM

wish me luck ladies. tonight dh and I sit down to do the Oct budget. He has really lost track of our end goal and wants to add all sorts of house projects to the list.
we still have a HEL we need to deal with. The problem is, it is quite large. So I think he doesn't want to deal with paying it off completely because that sounds too intense/long term.
But I want that thing gone. I put it at the end with the mortgage = because it was big enough to justify that. But I never intended to just backburner it.
Now that we have college up and running and will be getting retirement done in Oct (first time company allows us to reallocate how much goes in) I am ready to throw every extra penny at the HEL.
Maybe I should drag dh back to a refresher class.
Or make him read the book again .
#128 of 131 Old 09-30-2009, 06:34 PM

I am just glad that we are ending this month with out overdrawing our 'main' account. I messed up a bit with paying different things out of different accounts and came this.close to overdrawing it with out being able to really put money into it (local bank so not a ton of services but far away from where we are). Anyways, it didn't happen and tomorrow is pay day, so woo hoo.

Our goals for October are to stay on track with our new budget that represents the real amount of money we are going to be getting from here on out with DH's new job.

In other good news, both our studio and our 1 bedroom places are rented out. Not for quite as much money as I would ideally have liked to get, but both of them are filled before the 1st, so no empty months which would have been more costly then lowering the rent a little bit.

Go Green I don't vax either, why mess with perfect?
#129 of 131 Old 09-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Banned

I'll be in starting in October. We are starting to get settled in and need to come up with enough money for projected expenses as well as pay off the cc bills from our move. :shock:
#130 of 131 Old 10-01-2009, 10:08 AM

We made it through the month with $8.18 leftover despite the baby getting very ill last night ( he still has medicaid as secondary so we only had $5 oop for everything). I'm getting ready to grocery shop for the month today or tomorrow, hoping to keep up under $300 for the month plus WIC.
#131 of 131 Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM

Is there an Oct. thread somewhere?

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page