*September* Home-Cooked Challenge!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 221 Old 09-03-2009, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansmama View Post
I'm impressed with the mama's that have their menu's planned for the entire MONTH! Do you guys usually stick to it...or get bored and make something else (or go out)?
I don't make a meal plan that I have to stick to as in monday the 5th is steak, but I plan a months worth of meals and whatever meal on the plan tickles my fancy that evening is what we have. Many of my meals have planned left over type meals the next day, so I have to keep that in mind when I pick.

My meal plan for this month: (lots of soup because I can't chew, I just had braces put on. )

3 italian wedding soup, spinach salad with peaches and pecans
4 seafood chowder
5 being treated to dinner by a friend
6 bbq pot luck with friends. I'm bringing fresh corn salad, with avacado, tomato, cucumber, purple onion, and cilantro, dressed with lime juice, chives, garlic and cream all blended together. (So good!)
7 Chicken Tikka on rice, salad.
8 Pork Tenderloin, salad, left over rice
9 steak, corn and crab and shrimp stuffed peppers, salad
10 Left over pork tenderloin bbq pulled pork in the crock pot on buns, salad
11 monte cristo sandwiches, left over steak and ginger salad
12 spicy chicken thighs (bone in skin on), salad, rice.
13 spaghetti squash lasagne, garlic bread, salad
14 tacos, bacon wrapped creamcheese stuffed jalapenos
15 jalapeno pesto cream sauce on fresh pasta with shrimp, salad
16 enchiladas, salad
17 Spicy chicken sliders with avacado mayo, salad
18 breakfast! Pancakes, eggs, bacon, fruit.
19 Baked ham, scalloped potatoes, salad.
20 homemade pizza
21 ham bone soup, artisan bread, salad
22 fajitas, salad
23 stuffed buns, salad
24 grilled kabobs, potato packets, corn on the cob
25 roast chicken with gravy, garlic smashed potatoes, warm asparagus, mushroom and artichoke salad
26 (leftover) chicken alfredo pizzas on pitas, salad
27 jambalaya on rice using leftover chicken, leftover gravy
28 chicken cesear wraps
29 steak, potatoes, salad
30 stirfry using left over steak

:

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#62 of 221 Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leta View Post
There's less to post today, since DD ate lunch at the neighbor's, and I grabbed lunch in town- however, I'm giving myself a pass on this one, since it was budgeted for and planned in advance. I'm trying to drive less, so I did lots and lots of errands today in one fell swoop, hence the snacking out.

9/3:
Breakfast: Oatmeal made w/Milk, PB & J
Snacks: Carrot Sticks & Dip, Muffins
Dinner: B.E.L.T.s

(Can I just brag about how cheap this meal was? DH made the bread. The mayo was homemade from WIC stuff- eggs and milk that was cultured into yogurt. The lettuce and tomatoes came out of the garden, the eggs were more WIC, and the bacon came from a 1/2 case of OG bacon that DH bought for $17 and we portioned and froze. It works out to about four cents per strip of bacon, and DH fried up 4 strips for him and DD. Plus the oil to grill the bread and cook the eggs, and whatever the oil in the mayo cost... so maybe a quarter's worth of oil in the whole meal. Our bread costs us $1 per loaf, there's another quarter in bread. And some black pepper. That's it! Seventy five cents for a dinner for three people! How cool is that?)

**Way Cool**
I LOVE LOVE LOVE homemade mayo!!!

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#63 of 221 Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 PM

I just realized how much we spent on restaurants last month, so we are NOT eating out this month. "Cheap" date night once a week only!
As another Mama mentioned, it seems like a convienence to get take out or go out to eat, but after the travel/waiting/screaming kids, it is so not worth it.

September 1st- homemade vegetable soup/grilled cheese
2nd- talapia/rice/salad/veggie
3rd-Chicken Cattatiore

Vicki- Homeschooling Mama to 4 girls
#64 of 221 Old 09-03-2009, 10:49 PM

I'm in!
1-vegan vegetable soup with all veggies frm market/garden/leftover cut-up pasta/a jar of salsa on its way out
2-Vegan Tofu green curry on rice/cut up cukes/tomatoes from garden
3-Vegan stuffed zukes. Stuffed with a lentil/rice blend and vegies. Theres enough of the stuffing that I froze some to make a quick soup out of when needed. Roasted red potatoes and salad
4-Work over dinner so making enough stuffed zuke to take. The Boys will prob have eggs or miso soup.
5-Work until 5 or 6, dh the same so I have to come up with something...
6- family thing??

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#65 of 221 Old 09-03-2009, 11:14 PM

So I'm really proud of myself right now. I lost track of time and didn't get dinner started on time, so I seriously thought for a minute about having dh pick something up on his way home from work. But then I decided so what if we eat a little late today, it's better than eating out. So I made dinner anyway, and it was yummy.

1. homemade mac n cheese
2. grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans
3. Travelling Tacos

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
#66 of 221 Old 09-03-2009, 11:50 PM

I hate to know how much we spend eating out. We are also dedicating to eating the majority of meals at home. I've even started coming home for breakfast and lunch (well, I used to live 30 minutes from work, now I live 5 minutes away since moving).

Before: Breakfast--bagel from the bagel shop Lunch--burger king veggie burger

Now: Breakfast--oatmeal with yummy toppings. Lunch--a big salad
Dinner: I tend to make big pots of things at the beginning of the week and eat them through the week.
Week 1: Vegetable soup, a bean salad, and a black-eye pea salsa with tortilla chips.
All this interspersed with smoothies. Which actually sounds quite yummy right now.
#67 of 221 Old 09-04-2009, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronsMama View Post
So I'm really proud of myself right now. I lost track of time and didn't get dinner started on time, so I seriously thought for a minute about having dh pick something up on his way home from work. But then I decided so what if we eat a little late today, it's better than eating out. So I made dinner anyway, and it was yummy.

1. homemade mac n cheese
3. Travelling Tacos
Good for you!
#68 of 221 Old 09-04-2009, 02:59 AM

1) polenta with fresh tomato sauce, green bean, chickpea, and edamame salad with harissa vinaigrette dessert for kids was homemade pb choc chip cookies
2) for me leftover green bean salad from last night over brown rice with arugula for the kids chicken burgers and sweet potato fries
3) eating at my sister's house for dinner tonight - but we'll cook in, although I might have to stop at the store for some items - eta; didn't have to buy anything, my sis and her so made me a delish veg curry over rice with some nice wine
4)staying at my mom's house with the dc, but really trying to get her to not eat out as much as well - eta, ate at work, veg tacos
5)staying at my mom's house with the dc, but really trying to get her to not eat out as much as well - eta, ate at work, zucchini salad
6) late lunch out with my brother (his treat!) I'll still cook for the kids - had a huge lunch out at a Mexican restaurant, way too full to eat any dinner, kids ate at my mom's

Mama to 3:
#69 of 221 Old 09-04-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
(Can I just brag about how cheap this meal was? DH made the bread. The mayo was homemade from WIC stuff- eggs and milk that was cultured into yogurt. The lettuce and tomatoes came out of the garden, the eggs were more WIC, and the bacon came from a 1/2 case of OG bacon that DH bought for $17 and we portioned and froze. It works out to about four cents per strip of bacon, and DH fried up 4 strips for him and DD. Plus the oil to grill the bread and cook the eggs, and whatever the oil in the mayo cost... so maybe a quarter's worth of oil in the whole meal. Our bread costs us $1 per loaf, there's another quarter in bread. And some black pepper. That's it! Seventy five cents for a dinner for three people! How cool is that?)
Good job! I love that kind of pricetag!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#70 of 221 Old 09-04-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
But then I decided so what if we eat a little late today, it's better than eating out.
I'm going to write this down and stick it on my fridge! So true!

Trying to turn hearts and minds toward universal healthcare, one post at a time.
#71 of 221 Old 09-04-2009, 11:33 AM

Still need to decide what to make for today.

9/1 baked ziti
9/2 baked chicken w/ sauteed veggies
9/3 kielbasa potato bake (kids had butter pasta)

Don't know what I'm making tonight. The ILs are coming for the weekend so i have Sat and Sun planned.

9/5 roast chicken w/ ???
9/6 slow cooked beef roast w/ baked potatoes

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#72 of 221 Old 09-04-2009, 11:44 AM
~D~

1) Lengua (from grass-fed organic beef), Pinto beans & tortillas for DH
DD had mac-n-cheese with tuna, DS had his mac plain...
2) Leftovers from DH's Lengua from last night for him, DD had Grilled cheese & tomato soup, DS had beef taquitos... I had the rest of DD's tomato soup & the last piece of the WW bread
3) *Grilled burgers... Fresh sliced tomatoes & onions on the side & asparagus.
4) *Penne pasta with sauteed chicken breast, garlic & evoo with green beans.
no green beans for DS but he'll eat everything else.

Had to make a last minute change, DH was staaaarving & tried to get me to co-sign for burgers out... I promised him the biggest juiciest burger when we got home. Thank goodness the meat hadn't made it to the freezer yet!! I never got food on the table so fast!! So for tonight, we will have the penne/chicken...

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#73 of 221 Old 09-04-2009, 09:30 PM

Plan for the rest of the week:

1. Quesadillas and a banana (Just me and the baby)
2. Turkey teriyaki burritos and grapes (1/2 the turkey, includes lunch tomorrow)
3. Baked chicken, stuffing, green beans
4. Asian chicken salad, brown rice, cantaloupe
5. Our anniversary - out for dinner (the only one planned for the month, and using deeply discounted restaurant.com coupons!)
6. Chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole
7. Mexican style chicken soup

(This makes four meals for four out of one 4# chicken!)
#74 of 221 Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

I was sooo tempted today just to pick something up for dinner. Our water was shut off until 530pm and with a sink full of dishes, lets just say I was unmotivated. But - I just forced myself to make this simple dinner and now I feel good! I'm glad I didn't waste money...I have PLENTY of food to eat already in my house, and I want to use it up before it goes bad and I end up tossing it (Why don't i just start throwing my money directly into the trash? It'll save me a trip to the grocery store!)

1) Dinner:Vegan Sloppy Joes, sweet potato fries and Salad.
2)Dinner:BBQ tofu, baked potatoes, green beans
3) Breakfast: whole wheat pancakes, melon. Dinner: potato and eggplant moussaka with salad.
4) Dinner: Jerk Seitan with bell peppers/onions, over rice.
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)
#75 of 221 Old 09-04-2009, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
1) Lengua (from grass-fed organic beef), Pinto beans & tortillas for DH
DD had mac-n-cheese with tuna, DS had his mac plain...
2) Leftovers from DH's Lengua from last night for him, DD had Grilled cheese & tomato soup, DS had beef taquitos... I had the rest of DD's tomato soup & the last piece of the WW bread
3) *Grilled burgers... Fresh sliced tomatoes & onions on the side & asparagus.
4) *Penne pasta with sauteed chicken breast, garlic & evoo with green beans.
no green beans for DS but he'll eat everything else.

Had to make a last minute change, DH was staaaarving & tried to get me to co-sign for burgers out... I promised him the biggest juiciest burger when we got home. Thank goodness the meat hadn't made it to the freezer yet!! I never got food on the table so fast!! So for tonight, we will have the penne/chicken...
Good job on the burgers! I've been trying to make semi-fancier pizza lately. My sad attempt at this awesome pizza place we have here...not as good, but better than plain cheese, and saves us $18!
#76 of 221 Old 09-04-2009, 10:42 PM

I'm in!
1-vegan vegetable soup with all veggies frm market/garden/leftover cut-up pasta/a jar of salsa on its way out
3-Vegan stuffed zukes. Stuffed with a lentil/rice blend and vegies. Theres enough of the stuffing that I froze some to make a quick soup out of when needed. Roasted red potatoes and salad
4-Breakfast for me/Lunch for the boys-miso soup(ds ATE sesame seeds/hemp seeds in the soup!!) Lunch at work for me was leftovers and Kernals popcorn(bought frm a g/c) and dinner for us all was fried rice that dh made...great to come home to food, doesn't happen enough
5-Lunch I'm taking frozen soup to work..Dinner still not sure-might endup being miso again since ds will eat it
6- family thing.Wehave to leave at noon for a 2 hour drive/done at 4 so we won't be home until 6 at least..planning on eating sandwiches/fruit on the way. Hoping in-laws may take us out after

#77 of 221 Old 09-04-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansmama View Post
I was sooo tempted today just to pick something up for dinner. Our water was shut off until 530pm and with a sink full of dishes, lets just say I was unmotivated. But - I just forced myself to make this simple dinner and now I feel good! I'm glad I didn't waste money...I have PLENTY of food to eat already in my house, and I want to use it up before it goes bad and I end up tossing it (Why don't i just start throwing my money directly into the trash? It'll save me a trip to the grocery store!)
Yay!! It totally stinks to feel so unmotivated, but it feels super good after all is said and done. I always look back and think, that wasn't so hard to throw something together, I feel like I'm taking much better care of my body, my family, and our time and money when I can resist the temptation to eat out. Now you get to be proud that not only did you cook dinner for your family, you resisted the restaurant urge.

Ok, I'm going to go off an a bit of a vent here for sec, so feel free to ignore me. Does anyone else, in moments of sanity, sit and wonder why the heck we eat out so much? I'm usually pretty marketing savvy, but the restaurant industry must have me fooled. I'm very much aware that most restaurant food costs way more and doesn't taste as good as home cooked. My issue is I always buy into the convenience of it, but like many of us have said, it's really not that convenient. So why is it so hard to resist? They must put something in the food...

So, 4 days in a row (which doesn't sound that impressive, but if you saw the stack of take out reciepts from last month sitting on my counter, you'd be impressed, too ) and I'm super proud of dh, too!! I told him about this challenge, and at first he was like "yeah, whatever, we won't make it all month!" But when I started pointed out all the benefits beyond just the money saved, I guess he started listening, because yesterday and today, he made his own lunch before leaving for work! Without me reminding him! (This is definitely a first)

1. homemade mac n cheese
3. Travelling Tacos
4. Chicken over some pasta alfredo

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
#78 of 221 Old 09-05-2009, 09:39 AM

I just realized how much we spent on restaurants last month, so we are NOT eating out this month. "Cheap" date night once a week, and breakfast out once a week.

As another Mama mentioned, it seems like a convienence to get take out or go out to eat, but after the travel/waiting/screaming kids, it is so not worth it.

1st- homemade vegetable soup/grilled cheese
3rd-Chicken Cattatiore
4th- Pork Roast/potatoes/corn

#79 of 221 Old 09-05-2009, 10:08 AM

[QUOTE=CameronsMama;14336031]

Ok, I'm going to go off an a bit of a vent here for sec, so feel free to ignore me. Does anyone else, in moments of sanity, sit and wonder why the heck we eat out so much? I'm usually pretty marketing savvy, but the restaurant industry must have me fooled. I'm very much aware that most restaurant food costs way more and doesn't taste as good as home cooked. My issue is I always buy into the convenience of it, but like many of us have said, it's really not that convenient. So why is it so hard to resist? They must put something in the food...

For us it's ethnic food. I've gotten pretty good at the veggie indian curry BUT the little cheap family owned currry shop does it SOOO much better, not to mention way cheaper. Their vegetarian meal for ONE feeds both dh and I TWICE that's 4 meals for and it's 15.00. Which may seem like a lot but its 4 types of veg curry, rice, samosas, pakoras and nan(sp) so seriously theres no way I could cook/have the time to make that for 15 bucks...oh and tom yum thai noodle soup..we found a restaurant that makes theirs w/out fish sauce SOOOO even though I can make it it tastes so much better from there!

So, 4 days in a row (which doesn't sound that impressive, but if you saw the stack of take out reciepts from last month sitting on my counter, you'd be impressed, too ) and I'm super proud of dh, too!! I told him about this challenge, and at first he was like "yeah, whatever, we won't make it all month!" But when I started pointed out all the benefits beyond just the money saved, I guess he started listening, because yesterday and today, he made his own lunch before leaving for work! Without me reminding him! (This is definitely a first)

Can I have your dh? Mine just walked out to work w no lunch: Even though I'm bringing mine to work

#80 of 221 Old 09-05-2009, 12:50 PM

09/01: Ate out. (Before joining this thread, though!)
09/02: Fettucini Alfredo
09/03: Split-pea soup, rice pilaf
09/04: Split-pea soup again, chocolate-banana pudding for dessert.
09/05: Probably canned soup, and mashed potatoes.

(DH is recovering from a dental surgery, and can only eat mushy things.)

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#81 of 221 Old 09-05-2009, 02:40 PM

9/4: Insanely busy... so much so that I'm just now posting on the 5th.

Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: PB&J, Carrots, Sunflower Seeds, Raisins
Snacks: Candy
Dinner: DH made something he calls Super Scramble. Potatoes, eggs, broccoli, tomatoes, onions, garlic, tofu, Braggs, tamari... served with toast. Sounds weird, but so good. Sooo good.

Today, we had brunch at our friends', and we're canning tomato products and freezing eggplant parm patties, so we'll probably have eggplant parmesan for dinner.

Trying to turn hearts and minds toward universal healthcare, one post at a time.
#82 of 221 Old 09-05-2009, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
9/4: Insanely busy... so much so that I'm just now posting on the 5th.

Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: PB&J, Carrots, Sunflower Seeds, Raisins
Snacks: Candy
Dinner: DH made something he calls Super Scramble. Potatoes, eggs, broccoli, tomatoes, onions, garlic, tofu, Braggs, tamari... served with toast. Sounds weird, but so good. Sooo good.

Today, we had brunch at our friends', and we're canning tomato products and freezing eggplant parm patties, so we'll probably have eggplant parmesan for dinner.
I think super scramble sounds awesome! Now my stupid power bar breakfast seems oh so unimpressive, hah!

Awesome you didn't eat out despite the busy day...and I had candy for snack today too! Methinks dh is trying to sabatoge my weight loss
#83 of 221 Old 09-05-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiesmommy View Post

For us it's ethnic food. I've gotten pretty good at the veggie indian curry BUT the little cheap family owned currry shop does it SOOO much better, not to mention way cheaper. Their vegetarian meal for ONE feeds both dh and I TWICE that's 4 meals for and it's 15.00. Which may seem like a lot but its 4 types of veg curry, rice, samosas, pakoras and nan(sp) so seriously theres no way I could cook/have the time to make that for 15 bucks...oh and tom yum thai noodle soup..we found a restaurant that makes theirs w/out fish sauce SOOOO even though I can make it it tastes so much better from there!

Can I have your dh? Mine just walked out to work w no lunch: Even though I'm bringing mine to work
Ok, for the ethnic foods, I totally agree. I have tried several times to make decent indian food, and I just haven't even gotten close so far. So we do go out to eat at a fabulous indian place, and that I don't feel guilty about. Eating out isn't always a bad thing, I'm thinking more along the lines of the fast food, or the Denny's/Shari's/Red Robin type places that are just greasier versions of what we could be making at home, where's the appeal there? I don't know, but I keep falling for it.

And dh took his lunch again today, without me reminding him again. (No, you can't have him...today...ask again in a couple of days though...there are days I'd be willing to ship him to anyone who wanted... For what's it's worth I've been telling him to pack a lunch for 10 years, and it's just now starting to sink in.)

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
#84 of 221 Old 09-05-2009, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

1) Dinner:Vegan Sloppy Joes, sweet potato fries and Salad.
2)Dinner:BBQ tofu, baked potatoes, green beans
3) Breakfast: whole wheat pancakes, melon. Dinner: potato and eggplant moussaka with salad.
4) Dinner: Jerk Seitan with bell peppers/onions, over rice.
5) Dinner: Tempeh with spicy peanut sauce over broccoli and rice
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)
#85 of 221 Old 09-05-2009, 10:28 PM

I'm in!
4-Breakfast for me/Lunch for the boys-miso soup(ds ATE sesame seeds/hemp seeds in the soup!!) Lunch at work for me was leftovers and Kernals popcorn(bought frm a g/c) and dinner for us all was fried rice that dh made...great to come home to food, doesn't happen enough
5-Breakfast: peanut butter sandwiches(ds request), Lunch frozen soup, Dinner a thrown together stir-fry on rice...super close to getting take out after an insanely busy work day then dealing w the kids screaming/having to get the meal on the table so dh could eat before he had to leave for his gig...but I did it! BARELY..atleast it's done now
6-

#86 of 221 Old 09-05-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Ok, for the ethnic foods, I totally agree. I have tried several times to make decent indian food, and I just haven't even gotten close so far. So we do go out to eat at a fabulous indian place, and that I don't feel guilty about. Eating out isn't always a bad thing, I'm thinking more along the lines of the fast food, or the Denny's/Shari's/Red Robin type places that are just greasier versions of what we could be making at home, where's the appeal there? I don't know, but I keep falling for it.

And dh took his lunch again today, without me reminding him again. (No, you can't have him...today...ask again in a couple of days though...there are days I'd be willing to ship him to anyone who wanted... For what's it's worth I've been telling him to pack a lunch for 10 years, and it's just now starting to sink in.)

The Denny's/Wendy's things I really don't get either..even places like Outback/Montanas(we're vegetarian so we *really* don't eat there) I still dont really understand I SUPER DUPER don't understand Eastsides..sure the bread tastes great but you just paid 15 bucks for a plate of pasta!..meh

I'll keep my dh today! He packed his lunch..When I asked him if he spent any $ today he said he bought a coffee...when I asked him what he ate for lunch he said he took an egg sandwich/tomatoes/cukes! I was so proud:..Again I don't see it lasting

#87 of 221 Old 09-05-2009, 10:33 PM

I just realized how much we spent on restaurants last month, so we are NOT eating out this month. "Cheap" date night once a week, and breakfast out once a week.

1st- homemade vegetable soup/grilled cheese
3rd-Chicken Cattatiore
4th- Pork Roast/potatoes/corn
5th- Baked Pasta/garlic bread/salad

#88 of 221 Old 09-05-2009, 11:29 PM

1. homemade mac n cheese
3. Travelling Tacos
4. Chicken over some pasta alfredo
5. Cheesy Potato Soup with whole wheat french bread

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
#89 of 221 Old 09-06-2009, 12:21 AM

We eat almost all of our meals at home, but I'm also making meals for after our baby is born to make things easier on us. Also I am trying to really make good use of what we have inour pantry and freezers, due to the fact that somethings need to get cleared out and rotated.

Last night we did go out to dinner, which for us is very rare. The last week has been super tough, DH has had drama with work, our 14 y/o dog had to be put down and it was just ultra emotional. I also am about 3 weeks from having a baby, yeah we deserved a dinner out.

Tonight though we had crockpot stew and homemade honey oat bread. I think I am going to get a chicken out and make baked chicken tomorrow, yummy. Then I'll make chicken stock and soup with the left-overs.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#90 of 221 Old 09-06-2009, 06:44 AM

Sept 1: Tuna salad on rye bread, roasted brussels sprouts with olive oil
Sept 2: Cream of carrot soup, homemade bread, organic cultured butter that we splurged on but hey it's still cheaper than eating out right?
Sept 3: Fried salmon in butter, garlic and parsley, roasted broccoli and beets with olive oil and sea salt, no knead bread made by me
Sept 4: Vegetarian pea soup with no knead bread/rye crispbread, cheese
Sept 5: Leftovers (though we bought overpriced chips for dinner to go with our movies that doesn't count as take-out does it?)
Sept 6: Butter bean, carrot, celery soup with parmesan, bread

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page