*September* Home-Cooked Challenge!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2009, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in!
1-vegan vegetable soup with all veggies frm market/garden/leftover cut-up pasta/a jar of salsa on its way out
2-Vegan Tofu green curry on rice/cut up cukes/tomatoes from garden
3-Vegan stuffed zukes. Stuffed with a lentil/rice blend and vegies. Theres enough of the stuffing that I froze some to make a quick soup out of when needed. Roasted red potatoes and salad
4-Breakfast for me/Lunch for the boys-miso soup(ds ATE sesame seeds/hemp seeds in the soup!!) Lunch at work for me was leftovers and Kernals popcorn(bought frm a g/c) and dinner for us all was fried rice that dh made...great to come home to food, doesn't happen enough
5-Breakfast: peanut butter sandwiches(ds request), Lunch frozen soup, Dinner a thrown together stir-fry on rice...super close to getting take out after an insanely busy work day then dealing w the kids screaming/having to get the meal on the table so dh could eat before he had to leave for his gig...but I did it! BARELY..atleast it's done now
6-We did ok. Since we had the family thing we ate breakfast before we left/packed snacks for the ride but by the time we we're back on the road ds was cranky/hungry so we went to the grocery store and bought a few things for a picnic...BUT atleast the food will last awhile here, and cheaper then take out
7 nachos w homemade vegan nutritional yeast cheese/lettuce/tomatoes/peppers/olives that need to be eaten..
8. Tofu stir fry with veg and an orange sauce on sweet black rice..Everything organic Everything YUMMY!
9. Dh got a cold so we had miso soup, with hemp/sesame seeds, corn, peas..carrot sticks, cukes and tomatoes.
10) I was in the e.r. all day so dh cooked we had pasta with sauteed garlic/tomatoes/hemp seed sauce. and a tossed salad..yummy for a throw together meal
11) I worked and thought I would make it home between ds's speech class and work so I could get a lunch but I didn't so I had pizza and dh and ds snacked.
12)::: 20 bucks at hooters for CRAP! BUT thank goodness I'll NEVER have to go there again..gosh I hope not
13):Vegetarian Festival- spent 30 bucks and have no complaints the food was amazing and I didn't have to cook a thing!!! woohooo
14) Ds got a fever and didn't want to eat, and dh was working late so I took frozen soup out of the freezer..BUT I dried tomatoes/grapes/currants/made croutons so it was quite the "home cooked day"
15) Red lentil soup w croutons...was yummy!!!
16) Today we bought 30lbs of tomatoes for 7.99! So I've got a huge pot of tomato sauce on the stove so I just boiled some noodles and served it with cukes and pine nuts...I'm also making broth out of the tomato skins/cores/garlic tops/onion tops..tastes amazing
17 Black bean"stew" w corn flour dumplings...dumplings we're dry but it was really yummy..had it w salad and corn on the cob with roasted garlic pureed

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2009, 10:36 PM

1. homemade mac n cheese
2. grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans
3. Travelling Tacos
4. Chicken over some pasta alfredo
5. Cheesy Potato Soup with whole wheat french bread
6. Lasagna Rolls
7. BBQ steaks with corn and mashed potatoes.
8. I spaced and forgot we had a softball game at 6:30, so we grabbed dinner at the stadium.
9. Turkey meatballs with pasta
10. Taco casserole, served burrito style on a tortilla
11. Teriyaki chicken and rice
12. Mom took us out to dinner to thank DH for fixing her car!
13. Dinner at MIL's house
14. Fend for yourself night to eat up random leftovers
15. Another fend for yourself night to finish up those random leftovers
16. spaghetti
17. We're having take out tonight- DH really wanted some pizza (comfort food) because his mom is going in for major surgery tomorrow morning, and since I have a ton of stuff to do to get ready (my mom is going to stay with ds so dh and I can go be with his mom) I didn't argue. So he's going to pick it up on the way home. On the bright side though- it's a place that uses good quality, natural ingredients, and the first time you order online, they give you a free medium pizza with your order. So it's not as unhealthy or as unfrugal as it could be I suppose

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
Old 09-18-2009, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

1) Dinner:Vegan Sloppy Joes, sweet potato fries and Salad.
2)Dinner:BBQ tofu, baked potatoes, green beans
3) Breakfast: whole wheat pancakes, melon. Dinner: potato and eggplant moussaka with salad.
4) Dinner: Jerk Seitan with bell peppers/onions, over rice.
5) Dinner: Tempeh with spicy peanut sauce over broccoli and rice
6) Lunch: pizza with roasted garlic, caramelized onions and kalamata olives. Dinner: A pint of ben and jerry's Gingersnap (99cents each! lol)
7) Breakfast: biscuits and mushroom gravy (trying to replicate a restaurant meal we love...turned out okay...). DINNER: soft tacos and corn
8) DINNER: Breaded Ranch Tempeh, quinoa, broccoli
9) DINNER: nothing. I was stuffed from eating out with my mom (MOOCHED!!) at lunch and she gave dh $5 to go get a "big carl" that he's been wanting to try (he's a omni, lol). So yep. We all ate out today, but not on our dime. I feel no guilt, lol!
10) BREAKFAST: tempeh/white bean "sausage" patties, scrambled eggs with bell pepper and mushrooms. DINNER: Pizza (same as on the 6th)
11) DINNER: Baked Tofu, potatoes with gravy and broccoli
12) DINNER: Vegan hot wingz (homemade from vegan dad recipe), corn on the cob and homemade coleslaw.
13) DINNER: Pizza...again...same kind I've been making all month. We're officially addicted, lol!
14) DINNER: tacos at my mama's house!
15) DINNER: vegan pot roast (seitan) with baked potatoes (I burned the green beans...don't ask...and felt nauseated so I didn't make more)...
16) DINNER: enchiladas and salad
17) DINNER: BBQ tempeh, corn on the cob and salad
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)

*I really don't feel like writing this every time...but pretty much everything I make is homemade (well, i don't make my own pasta) and vegan...It just seems kinda repetitive to write "homemade vegan" in front of everything
Old 09-18-2009, 04:54 PM

15: lunch and dinner- Goddess dressing pasta salad (made a big one)
16: lunch- more pasta salad! Dinner- bombay potatoes and chickpeas with rice
17: lunch- pasta salad (the last of it), Dinner: Chickpea Noodle Soup
18: Lunch- Tacos with leftover smartground and garden veggies, Dinner: Creole black eyed peas and rice
Planned:
Sat 19: Dinner- Chickpea Cutlets, green beans
Sun 20: Dinner- Homemade Chili

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Old 09-18-2009, 05:37 PM

SoI've been making an effort to get back to my 'typical' cooking-at-home routines, which did everything but stay constant after DS was born! An afternoon nap *at some point* makes this simpler many days. Next month will be even easier with DH home on parental leave.

I don't remember back past this week, but:

9/12 Fed by friends - their party
9/13 Subway $5 sandwich
9/14 'hot pocket' type sandwiches
9/15 homemade hash
9/16 meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots
9/17 potato pancakes and clean-out-the-fridge veggie sides
9/18 sausage/rice skillet, prob. green salad beside
9/19 not sure- we're out - prob. ploughman-type meal (HM bread, cheese, cold/raw veggies)
9/20 prob. peirogi skillet
9/21 Kathi kebab, prob. curry greens on the side

Lunches are dinner leftovers, sandwiches, or salad, usually (all made at home).

Breakfasts are toast (HM bread), HM muffins...typical 'breakfast food' (pancake/waffle/egg&toast, etc)... or leftovers/sandwich.

I've done better this week than I have in a while! Just need to keep it up. Thanks for the motivation/accountability!

~Sara
Old 09-19-2009, 10:47 AM

1st- homemade vegetable soup/grilled cheese
2nd- talapia/rice/salad/veggie
3rd-Chicken Cattatiore
4th- Pork Roast/potatoes/corn
5th- Baked Pasta/garlic bread/salad
6th- BBQ Pork (from leftovers)/Rice/Carrots/Broccoli Casserole
7th- Hamburgers/Hot Dogs/French Fries/Salad
8th- Homemade Mac N Cheese/Edamame/Corn on the Cob/leftover Burgers
9th- Chicken/Salad/Whole Wheat Pasta Penne
10th- Sloppy Joes/French Fries/Green Beans
11th- Chicken Wings/Potatoes/Salad
12th- Fettucine Alfredo/Salad
13th- Homemade Pizza/Salad/Garlic Bread
14th- Roast/Veggies/Salad
15th- Did eat lunch out (alone and had a kids meal from Chick Fil A) Dinner- Homemade pasta with veggies/tomatoes/oil
16th- DH and I are going out and kids will eat at home
17th- We ate out- Yikes- but we had coupons to Chili's, and I did go almost 3 weeks without eating out, so I am not going to feel guilty.
18th- Chicken with Peppers/Onions/Tomatoes/Whole Wheat Noodles
19th- Spaghetti

Vicki- Homeschooling Mama to 4 girls
Old 09-20-2009, 08:42 AM

The month was so far along before I found this. Want to do it for October too, and I'll jump in then?
Old 09-20-2009, 02:36 PM

Haven't eaten out once this month. We don't normally eat out much but it's still nice to have a set plan. Lunches have all been leftovers or sandwiches. On Sundays, I usually make a big breakfast casserole and dh and I eat that all week. We always have eggs, oatmeal, cereal, bagels and frozen pancakes (homemade of course!) on hand too.

1-hashbrown casserole/sandwiches
2-dinner at my mom's
3-out at the fair
4-out of town
5-out of town
6-out of town
7-dinner at my mom's
8-roasted chicken, potatoes, veggie
9-baked potatoes *had dinner at my mom's instead
10-breakfast - sausage patties, eggs, toast, hashbrowns *we're having hot dogs, homemade fries and veggies instead, need to use up some camping leftovers
11-pizza, bruschetta, veggies or fruit *pizza is frozen, but I'm not counting it since I bought it awhile ago.
12-out - but I'm making a tomato/cucumber salad to take with veggies from my garden
13-pork roast, mashed potatoes, green beans
14-dinner at my mom's
15-spaghetti
16-tacos
17-finger steaks, fries, veggie
18-pizza, veggie or fruit
19-we all ate out last night, so kind of blew this challenge but hopefully this will be the only time.
20-ham, potatoes, green beans
21-dinner at my mom's
22-panini's, chips, veggie
23-leftovers
24-taco soup, nachos
25-pizza, veggie or fruit
26-steak, baked potatoes, salad
27-hamburgers, fries
28-dinner at my mom's
29-baked trout, rice, veggies
30-meatloaf muffins, mashed potatoes, veggie

Sept grocery budget: $189.94/$300
Old 09-20-2009, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

3) Breakfast: whole wheat pancakes, melon. Dinner: potato and eggplant moussaka with salad.
6) Lunch: pizza with roasted garlic, caramelized onions and kalamata olives. Dinner: A pint of ben and jerry's Gingersnap (99cents each! lol)
7) Breakfast: biscuits and mushroom gravy (trying to replicate a restaurant meal we love...turned out okay...). DINNER: soft tacos and corn
9) DINNER: nothing. I was stuffed from eating out with my mom (MOOCHED!!) at lunch and she gave dh $5 to go get a "big carl" that he's been wanting to try (he's a omni, lol). So yep. We all ate out today, but not on our dime. I feel no guilt, lol!
10) BREAKFAST: tempeh/white bean "sausage" patties, scrambled eggs with bell pepper and mushrooms. DINNER: Pizza (same as on the 6th)
12) DINNER: Vegan hot wingz (homemade from vegan dad recipe), corn on the cob and homemade coleslaw.
13) DINNER: Pizza...again...same kind I've been making all month. We're officially addicted, lol!
15) DINNER: vegan pot roast (seitan) with baked potatoes (I burned the green beans...don't ask...and felt nauseated so I didn't make more)...
18) DINNER: Zucchini Parmesan and salad
19) DINNER: Pizza...again...we have guests and it's the easiest thing to make (that most everyone likes!)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)
Old 09-20-2009, 09:33 PM

3rd-Chicken Cattatiore
15th- Did eat lunch out (alone and had a kids meal from Chick Fil A) Dinner- Homemade pasta with veggies/tomatoes/oil
17th- We ate out- Yikes- but we had coupons to Chili's, and I did go almost 3 weeks without eating out, so I am not going to feel guilty.
19th- Spaghetti
20th- Homemade Pizza/Salad

Old 09-20-2009, 10:06 PM

17) spaghetti, salad.
18) egg salad sandwiches
19)hamburgers/hot dogs, fresh corn, baked beans - BBQ for my mom's b-day

Today:
20) lunch: at state fair (planned splurge), tonight: steak fajitas, salsa rice, homemade guac

dinner ideas for the week:
homemade soup/stew in crockpot.
Beef roast plus veg in the crockpot.
Taco casserole (plus one for the freezer)

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 09-21-2009, 05:20 AM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet_fw View Post
The month was so far along before I found this. Want to do it for October too, and I'll jump in then?
Why not jump in now?? Just start with today
I actually came to confess that I have been homecooking this whole month, but haven't been able to keep up with this thread on a daily basis because my classes are way more complicated than I thought they would be this time around. I feel really dumb b/c I was like the first one to hop on the wagon with you guys... I just have been burning my eyes out with so much screen time that I can't keep up with the menu postings. Sorry mamas for being lame But I have been there with you homecooking and boycotting any type of restaurant this month... Sorry again

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

Old 09-21-2009, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

19) DINNER: Pizza...again...we have guests and it's the easiest thing to make (that most everyone likes!)
20) DINNER: Taco bell MOOCHED! We told our guests about the challenge and they said...well, can we pay for you? Score! lol
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)
Old 09-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Yay still going strong, I'm just hoping we can keep this up for the rest of the month. Typically its always the last weeks of a month where we cave to the "going out" for dinner...

1 - McDonalds (late from work!)
2 - Homemade Ribs & BBQ beans
3 - Culvers cheeseburgers (dinner at a friends got delayed due to grill issues)
4 - Pork Fried Rice & Egg Rolls
5 - Chicken Chow Mein & veggies
6 - Lentil Dal with Rice (this was a first time recipe, and not a winner suggestions wanted to add more flavor to this)
7 - Ribfest & pies with summer salad
8 - Tacos
9 - Leftovers (so yummy!)
10 - BLATs (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado & Tomato) sandwiches with Fries
11 - Papa Murphy's take & bake pizza (: - but its DHs night out with "the guys" - so what's a girl to do!)
12 - Flank Steak with grilled peppers, asparagus and coucous w/ nectarines
13- Grilled Beer Brats with baked beans, kraut, carmelized onions and garlic bread
14 - Homemade Speghetti & Garlic Bread
15 - Grilled Tri-Tip Steaks (leftovers will be tacos this week!!), asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes
16 - Chicken Chow Mein & veggies
17 - Tacos (with lots of veggies)
18 - Homemade Speghetti (to quickly combat the urge to go out to eat!)
19 - Dinner at the Parents, it was KFC, but they insisted
20 - Steak tacos (yay leftover tri-tip!) with black beans

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 09-21-2009, 06:07 PM

17) spaghetti, salad.
18) egg salad sandwiches
20) lunch: at state fair (planned splurge), tonight: steak fajitas, salsa rice, homemade guac

Today: 21) Breakfast: hashbrowns, eggs. Lunch: hot dogs, fruit.
Dinner: Chicken & Corn stew in crockpot (thanks for the recipe idea to whoever posted it!)

breakfast burritos
stirfry

~Rebecca~

Old 09-21-2009, 06:18 PM

3rd-Chicken Cattatiore
19th- Spaghetti
21st- Chicken/Potatoes/Salad

Old 09-21-2009, 06:27 PM

1. homemade mac n cheese
2. grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans
3. Travelling Tacos
4. Chicken over some pasta alfredo
5. Cheesy Potato Soup with whole wheat french bread
6. Lasagna Rolls
7. BBQ steaks with corn and mashed potatoes.
8. I spaced and forgot we had a softball game at 6:30, so we grabbed dinner at the stadium.
9. Turkey meatballs with pasta
10. Taco casserole, served burrito style on a tortilla
11. Teriyaki chicken and rice
12. Mom took us out to dinner to thank DH for fixing her car!
13. Dinner at MIL's house
14. Fend for yourself night to eat up random leftovers
15. Another fend for yourself night to finish up those random leftovers
16. spaghetti
17-18. out (a lot. Dinner on the 17th, breakfast lunch and dinner on the 18th, and lunch on the 19th-all eaten out )
Well, I got way off track for a couple of days. MIL's surgery threw me off, and I just gave up for a few days. I'm back on track now though!

19. Tacos
20. Cheesy rice with chicken sausage

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
Old 09-22-2009, 06:06 PM

17) spaghetti, salad.
18) egg salad sandwiches
20) lunch: at state fair (planned splurge), dinner: steak fajitas, salsa rice, homemade guac
21) Chicken & Corn stew in crockpot

22) Breakfast: sausage scramble, apples. Lunch: homemade bean burritos with leftover salsa rice. Dinner tonight: leftover Chicken & Corn Stew

Pork stirfry

~Rebecca~

Old 09-22-2009, 06:13 PM

I'm in!

1) (Ate at a banquet for the end of a university program I direct)
2) Old Fashioned Chicken and Corn Stew
3) Left overs/sauce from stew served over rice with asparagus; BONUS: homemade amaretto ice cream!
4) Grass-fed beef chili (leftovers); BONUS: homemade ice cream with homemade cherry jam
5) Pre-Labor Day BBQ at a friend's house
6) Company coming over, homemade veggie calzones
7) Labor Day BBQ potuck: brought couscous side dish
8) spiritual fast: no dinner!
9) spiritual fast: no dinner!
10) spiritual fast: no dinner!
11) pea soup with sausage, pasta with fresh mozzarella, spinach and tomatoes
12) Block Party Potluck: brought BBQ chicken and the pasta leftovers
13) Sunday night football dinner: made BBQ chicken, fresh salsa, sweet potato fries, spinach salad, watermelon, and triple threat almond ice cream (almond flavor, almond cookies, and chopped almonds
14) drove brother in law to the airport and DH really wanted to stop by our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant on the way home, and I caved. :-)
15) Chicken thighs with thyme, lemon, and garlic; brown rice, tabouleh salad leftovers
16) Leftover chicken thighs and rice
17) Cream of asparagus soup
18) Church small group potluck: brought veggies
19) Leftover soup
20) Hosted a party at our house and had leftover sandwiches for dinner
21) Sandwich leftovers
22) Beef stew
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
Old 09-22-2009, 11:41 PM

3rd-Chicken Cattatiore
19th- Spaghetti
22nd- Dinner out kids were free so the total was $14.00
23rd- Homemade Spaghetti/Salad

Old 09-24-2009, 02:43 PM

I'm in!

1) (Ate at a banquet for the end of a university program I direct)
2) Old Fashioned Chicken and Corn Stew
3) Left overs/sauce from stew served over rice with asparagus; BONUS: homemade amaretto ice cream!
4) Grass-fed beef chili (leftovers); BONUS: homemade ice cream with homemade cherry jam
5) Pre-Labor Day BBQ at a friend's house
6) Company coming over, homemade veggie calzones
7) Labor Day BBQ potuck: brought couscous side dish
8) spiritual fast: no dinner!
9) spiritual fast: no dinner!
10) spiritual fast: no dinner!
11) pea soup with sausage, pasta with fresh mozzarella, spinach and tomatoes
12) Block Party Potluck: brought BBQ chicken and the pasta leftovers
13) Sunday night football dinner: made BBQ chicken, fresh salsa, sweet potato fries, spinach salad, watermelon, and triple threat almond ice cream (almond flavor, almond cookies, and chopped almonds
14) drove brother in law to the airport and DH really wanted to stop by our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant on the way home, and I caved. :-)
15) Chicken thighs with thyme, lemon, and garlic; brown rice, tabouleh salad leftovers
16) Leftover chicken thighs and rice
17) Cream of asparagus soup
18) Church small group potluck: brought veggies
19) Leftover soup
20) Hosted a party at our house and had leftover sandwiches for dinner
21) Sandwich leftovers
22) Leftovers from MIL and FIL's lunch (sensing a theme here!)
23) Crockpot Beef stew (finally a new dish!) and coconut sorbet
24) Shepard's pie (using stew leftovers)
25) Homemade pizza with fresh mozzarella
26) Visiting in-laws
27) coming home from in-laws--should either make a freezer meal or have leftovers
28)
29)
30)

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
Old 09-24-2009, 04:11 PM

Lunches have all been leftovers or sandwiches. On Sundays, I usually make a big breakfast casserole and dh and I eat that all week. We always have eggs, oatmeal, cereal, bagels and frozen pancakes (homemade of course!) on hand too.

2-dinner at my mom's
3-out at the fair
4-out of town
5-out of town
6-out of town
7-dinner at my mom's
10-breakfast - sausage patties, eggs, toast, hashbrowns *we're having hot dogs, homemade fries and veggies instead, need to use up some camping leftovers
11-pizza, bruschetta, veggies or fruit *pizza is frozen, but I'm not counting it since I bought it awhile ago.
12-out - but I'm making a tomato/cucumber salad to take with veggies from my garden
14-dinner at my mom's
15-spaghetti
16-tacos
19-we all ate out last night, so kind of blew this challenge but hopefully this will be the only time.
21-dinner at my mom's
23-leftovers
24-refried beans, homemade tortilla chips and fried zucchini
25-pizza, veggie or fruit
26-French toast, sausage patties
27-steak, salad
28-dinner at my mom's

Old 09-24-2009, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

20) DINNER: Taco bell MOOCHED! We told our guests about the challenge and they said...well, can we pay for you? Score! lol
21) LUNCH: ate out. Not mooched. Guilt ridden. DINNER: Zucchini Parmesan and salad
22)DINNER:Black bean pasta bake with salad.
23)DINNER: Chickpea cutlets w/ gravy, roasted lemony potatoes and salad.
24)DINNER: Spaghetti and salad (salad fixings are really cheap right now!)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)
Old 09-24-2009, 08:30 PM

Jumping in late. My husband has been working overtime the past two weeks. I just can't seem to muster up the energy to cook dinner after I've been home with the kids by myself for 11 hours and I have already cooked two other meals, but I can't eat another out to eat meal because it's all so yucky and costly. So here I go, back into my home cook routein.

24- Chicken Alfredo
25- Chicken Quesadillas
26- Pizza
27- My dh cooks ???
28- Roast
29- Beef stroganoff
30- Chicken Stirfry

Kate~ Mama to two.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:49 PM

3rd-Chicken Cattatiore
19th- Spaghetti
24th- Ate lunch out Dinner: Leftover Spaghetti/Mini Corn Dogs/Sweet Potato Fries/Salad

Old 09-25-2009, 12:58 PM

I'm hoping we will make it this month, this thread has helped us stay on track, mostly because I hate having to post when we ate out

1 - McDonalds (late from work!)
2 - Homemade Ribs & BBQ beans
3 - Culvers cheeseburgers (dinner at a friends got delayed due to grill issues)
4 - Pork Fried Rice & Egg Rolls
5 - Chicken Chow Mein & veggies
6 - Lentil Dal with Rice (this was a first time recipe, and not a winner suggestions wanted to add more flavor to this)
7 - Ribfest & pies with summer salad
8 - Tacos
9 - Leftovers (so yummy!)
10 - BLATs (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado & Tomato) sandwiches with Fries
11 - Papa Murphy's take & bake pizza (: - but its DHs night out with "the guys" - so what's a girl to do!)
12 - Flank Steak with grilled peppers, asparagus and coucous w/ nectarines
13- Grilled Beer Brats with baked beans, kraut, carmelized onions and garlic bread
14 - Homemade Speghetti & Garlic Bread
15 - Grilled Tri-Tip Steaks (leftovers will be tacos this week!!), asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes
16 - Chicken Chow Mein & veggies
17 - Tacos (with lots of veggies)
18 - Homemade Speghetti (to quickly combat the urge to go out to eat!)
19 - Dinner at the Parents, it was KFC, but they insisted
20 - Steak tacos (yay leftover tri-tip!) with black beans
21 -
22 - Pizza from Papa Murphys (was supposed to be BLATs, but everyone got behind to make sure dinner was done before kiddos bedtimes)
23 - Subs from Cousins - a quick decision after we realized the ribs we cooked in the oven had gone bad either from freezer or fridge (taste & smelled horrid!)

24 - Jambalya (extra veggies withadded (RP, celery, & carrot))
25 - Chicken Tikka Masala with added potatoes, carmelized onions & peas, served with side of rice & sliced mangos

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 09-25-2009, 08:07 PM

3rd-Chicken Cattatiore
19th- Spaghetti
24th- Ate lunch out Dinner: Leftover Spaghetti/Mini Corn Dogs/Sweet Potato Fries/Salad
25th- Fish Sticks/ Mashed Potatoes/Salad

Old 09-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Banned

Holy cow, $200 a month on meals out?! We only eat out when treated. I can't remember the last time a meal wasn't something one of us made.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:53 PM

2-dinner at my mom's
3-out at the fair
4-out of town
5-out of town
6-out of town
7-dinner at my mom's
14-dinner at my mom's
15-spaghetti
16-tacos
21-dinner at my mom's
23-leftovers
24-refried beans, homemade tortilla chips and fried zucchini
25-pizza, fruit *dh and I did end up eating out, but we hit Jack in the Box (yuck) and only spent $4.
26-French toast, sausage patties
27-steak, salad
28-dinner at my mom's

Old 09-26-2009, 09:20 PM

3rd-Chicken Cattatiore
19th- Spaghetti
25th- Fish Sticks/ Mashed Potatoes/Salad
26th- StirFry

User Tag List