October Low-Income Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 385 Old 10-03-2009, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbond View Post
So, I have my first interview with DSHS for food stamps on Wednesday. Any tips on what to expect? They want documentation on income, but since we don't have any, I'm not entirely sure what to bring. I'm also unaccountably nervous about the whole thing.
They'll have forms that document seperation from your or your dh's employer. You'll have to fax it to the employer and then they'll fill it out and fax it back. If you have any sort of written documentation stating that you were terminated/laid off/quit from the employer, bring that along too.

Melonee, mom to Chloe 03/21/03 ribboncesarean.gif, Cooper 02/02/2007 vbac.gif, and Piper 12/27/09  vbac.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 385 Old 10-03-2009, 07:16 PM

Pumpkin Pie is there anyway to cancel you glasses order??? There is a website you can get complete glasses starting at $8 with $5 for shipping no matter how many pair you buy. You just need to have your prescription. It is www.zennioptical.com

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#63 of 385 Old 10-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotsna View Post
I'm having a hard time because we have to move by the 19th, as our house is being sold.
Do you have a month-to-month rental agreement, or do you have a lease? If you have a ease, when is it up? If a month-to-month, how long have you been there and how much notice were you given?
#64 of 385 Old 10-03-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Pumpkin Pie is there anyway to cancel you glasses order??? There is a website you can get complete glasses starting at $8 with $5 for shipping no matter how many pair you buy. You just need to have your prescription. It is www.zennioptical.com

You also need your pupil to pupil distance. Got myself a nice pair of $8.00 glasses on my face as we speak...I will NEVER pay what I used to pay again. Good luck.

praying.gif Angela married to DHsuperhero.gif......DDguitar.gif age 7 , DDblowkiss.gif age 5 ,  DSsleepytime.gif age 4 and sadly 2 angel.gif  in heaven, Catholic and ribbonwhite.gif with a dash of crunch: hang.gif    chicken3.gif  homeschool.gif

#65 of 385 Old 10-03-2009, 10:06 PM

I just want to say how strong all you women are. I praythat much love, peace, and happiness fill your lives and all of those you love.

praying.gif Angela married to DHsuperhero.gif......DDguitar.gif age 7 , DDblowkiss.gif age 5 ,  DSsleepytime.gif age 4 and sadly 2 angel.gif  in heaven, Catholic and ribbonwhite.gif with a dash of crunch: hang.gif    chicken3.gif  homeschool.gif

#66 of 385 Old 10-03-2009, 10:43 PM

Wow those are great prices! Thanks so much!

Things here have been really hard since Dh has been out of work and only doing his delivery route once a week we haven't been able to pay our phone bill which we got really behind on and owe about $400 on top of that our car needs many many repairs our gas tank is leaking,we need a new CV joint,we need winter tires! it has an oil leak I could go on and on.

On top of it all my bipolar and agoraphobia have gotton much much worse Currenlty right now I am sleeping about 2 hours a night.I am up just trying to think of ways I can make money to help our family. I have been so stressed out lately that my eye now twiches !

My daughter's birthday is the 20th and today she asked me if she could have a big party this year and I didn't even know what to say other than we will have to see.

The one thing I am so thankful for is food

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#67 of 385 Old 10-03-2009, 10:47 PM

Big party for us means we go to this really big public park and invite others to come, too. My mom buys or makes a cake and presents are not asked for or expected. It's all about playing, having fun and for the birthday person.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#68 of 385 Old 10-03-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kino View Post
Great you can be my roommate now that I have the house for at least another year!

I don't live in the city, I live in Chandler. I'm told I live in a great school district, but my kiddo is only three and we may homeschool. I LOVE this neighborhood though.

EDIT: Your whole family can move in. I just realized you're a SAHM lol
Great I'll be on my way. LOL!!!!!!
#69 of 385 Old 10-03-2009, 10:51 PM

~Purity♥Lake~ That sounds lovely. Though with my agoraphobia it really limits me as to going to big public places.

#70 of 385 Old 10-03-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemamalove View Post
~Purity♥Lake~ That sounds lovely. Though with my agoraphobia it really limits me as to going to big public places.

Yeah, that must be rough. I'm an introvert and hate being sociable with strangers. I just hide in a corner, or stay at the picnic table, or something but I just do it 'cause their birthdays are in the summer, so the weather is nice, and they love it so much.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#71 of 385 Old 10-03-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe&Coop'sMom View Post
They'll have forms that document seperation from your or your dh's employer. You'll have to fax it to the employer and then they'll fill it out and fax it back. If you have any sort of written documentation stating that you were terminated/laid off/quit from the employer, bring that along too.
Hmmm....I've never been employed full-time; just school jobs 'cause I'm still finishing. And my husband is on leave not terminated but I guess I'll just bring the leave paperwork.

Wife 6/2005, Mommy 9/2008 to DD and 1/2011 to DS:
sci-fi loving, theater loving, lawyer mama.
#72 of 385 Old 10-04-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbond View Post
Hmmm....I've never been employed full-time; just school jobs 'cause I'm still finishing. And my husband is on leave not terminated but I guess I'll just bring the leave paperwork.
Yeah, I'd just bring the leave paperwork then. If he received a paycheck in the last month or so, I'd bring the stub too.

Melonee, mom to Chloe 03/21/03 ribboncesarean.gif, Cooper 02/02/2007 vbac.gif, and Piper 12/27/09  vbac.gif
#73 of 385 Old 10-04-2009, 09:29 AM

here in VT all I needed to bring was birth certificates,SS cards,and the last 4 paystubs . They are usually pretty easy going and will give you an extension if you need to get more information for them.

#74 of 385 Old 10-04-2009, 09:49 AM

subbing

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#75 of 385 Old 10-04-2009, 12:39 PM

to apply for FS I had to bring all the birth certificates (or ss cards?) for everyone in the house, proof of residency, utility bills, had to also have a letter stating the kids lived with me but my lease has them listed so i brought that, proof of income (used a bank statement printed of the internet so it was the most recent). there was a lot of proof needed that we were american citizins but then again we are in az.

all my bills are paid/being paid today. $300 left for gas, toiletries, clothes, bday stuff (ds today!), going out to eat etc for the whole month. i need to buy a HS modem (probably $60) but I *might* get lucky and get free internet (saves $33/month). my exh is buying the couch back so another $200 on the 15th which i'm socking away and hopefully i'll get a nice good saleable pile of garage sale things going this month (ha!).
#76 of 385 Old 10-04-2009, 01:59 PM

Please help me, I'm freaking out a little
The job I thought I had (the guy sounded so sure of it ) went to someone else
so now I'm REALLY freaking out about my UnEmployment Hearing on Friday 10/9. I already know that work is going to make my "seperation" look like the worst thing ever (I know, I know it's their job, but...) and I'm not sure if I can counteract that so I can get UnEmployment!!! Plus, UnEmployment has 10 days from the hearing date to decide, so either way I'm not going to hear ANYTHING till the last week of October!
So, I'm already 2 mths behind on my rent now, I'm not going to catch up until Jan/Feb when I get my Income Tax stuff (If I get it this year, cause I'm officially in arrears with them for not paying my student loans )
October sucks...already.

mama to dd1 17yo, ds1 16yo, ds2 13 yo, and dd2 6yo
#77 of 385 Old 10-04-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwat View Post
so now I'm REALLY freaking out about my UnEmployment Hearing on Friday 10/9. I already know that work is going to make my "seperation" look like the worst thing ever (I know, I know it's their job, but...) and I'm not sure if I can counteract that so I can get UnEmployment!!! Plus, UnEmployment has 10 days from the hearing date to decide, so either way I'm not going to hear ANYTHING till the last week of October!
So, I'm already 2 mths behind on my rent now, I'm not going to catch up until Jan/Feb when I get my Income Tax stuff (If I get it this year, cause I'm officially in arrears with them for not paying my student loans )
October sucks...already.

I am so sorry! In CA they say they have 10 days also but I have a friend that jsut had one & was told the decision on the spot. GL!!!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#78 of 385 Old 10-04-2009, 02:57 PM

s October seems to be a hard month for everyone right now!!

Quote:
October sucks...already.

#79 of 385 Old 10-04-2009, 03:02 PM

On a positive note I just sold a couple things here on the trading post! Yay!!

#80 of 385 Old 10-04-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
October sucks...already.

can you tell me the actual wording of the grounds for dismissal? then we can try to hone your wording to counter attack their claims.

i was fired for insubordination in march. i was not insubordinate in any way! and i spoke the truth clearly....and got unemployment payments.

you really need to be prepared and know what you are going to say. if someone else did the same action that got you fired, bring it up. if it was an 'unspoken policy' that you could do what you did....bring it up. i know a bit of your story and it sounds to me that the guy didn't like you, even tho you were a good employee.....

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#81 of 385 Old 10-05-2009, 12:43 AM

What actually happened was:
My supervisor Peg went on medical leave starting 8/1. In her absence she left James () in charge. Let's just say, he let it go to his head. Actually left an open message to all the operators that we aren't allowed to write on the calendars that each of us has at our cubicles anymore, because it was unprofessional and a client might come in and see it.
Anyways, on 8/17, I was caught (yes, I admit it, I did it) hanging up on a client. I was reprimanded, written up and sent home early by James.
He calls me at home(!) on the evening of 9/14 (an entire MONTH LATER) and says " I have been reviewing your call history, and have noticed a pattern of hang ups on a certain account (yes, it was the same account as 8/17) what do you have to say for yourself?" I was caught totally off-guard, and (basically) said "Umm, umm I have nothing to say". That was when I pretty much knew that I was at least going to get reprimanded (sp?) but probably terminated. Sure enough, on 9/16 Peg called me into her office and terminated me.

Is there a good spin on this?

mama to dd1 17yo, ds1 16yo, ds2 13 yo, and dd2 6yo
#82 of 385 Old 10-05-2009, 03:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
My supervisor Peg went on medical leave starting 8/1. In her absence she left James () in charge. Let's just say, he let it go to his head. Actually left an open message to all the operators that we aren't allowed to write on the calendars that each of us has at our cubicles anymore, because it was unprofessional and a client might come in and see it.
Anyways, on 8/17, I was caught (yes, I admit it, I did it) hanging up on a client. I was reprimanded, written up and sent home early by James.
He calls me at home(!) on the evening of 9/14 (an entire MONTH LATER) and says " I have been reviewing your call history, and have noticed a pattern of hang ups on a certain account (yes, it was the same account as 8/17) what do you have to say for yourself?" I was caught totally off-guard, and (basically) said "Umm, umm I have nothing to say". That was when I pretty much knew that I was at least going to get reprimanded (sp?) but probably terminated. Sure enough, on 9/16 Peg called me into her office and terminated me.

Was the caller being abusive? Yelling? Cussing? I mean, did you have true grounds for hanging up and did you document why you hung up?

Seriously?
#83 of 385 Old 10-05-2009, 08:14 AM

cwat....and, what are the policies....spoken AND unspoken....about hanging up on clients? these are the stories you need to tell. i'm sure there were unspoken policies about ending calls with difficult clients....even if it wasn't written, it was understood,kwim? pull out all of what youve got...

i have a gas shut off notice for today i hope i can fix it before it happens.

#84 of 385 Old 10-05-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:

I agree with Satori , Did you have a reason to hang up ? If you documented this then maybe you could get your job back.

s though!

#85 of 385 Old 10-05-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post

i have a gas shut off notice for today i hope i can fix it before it happens.

Do you have a local place that will help with the bill? Here in Vermont we have a community action center that will help pay the past due and sometimes will pay a bill in full so your heat won't get turned off. There are also many churches that will help. I hope you can get this fixed !! s

#86 of 385 Old 10-05-2009, 02:17 PM

Whew! I leave for a couple days and I come back to pages worth.

for everyone needing them. October has had a bit of a rough start it seems. I came out to my sister's to do some soup canning (stocking up for Dec. since I don't have a freezer big enough to do freezer meals for pp) and diaper making (she's going to convert my prefolds for me and then make a bunch of fitteds! I'll do some knitting for her as a trade). We got canning done and prefolds almost done but our bulk fabric order still isn't here and isn't expected until tomorrow at the earliest. I need to leave today. Le sigh. I likely won't be able to come back out to help her either since I live 3ish hours away and the snow is already falling. I'm glad I was able to come out this weekend since it was productive but we were both hoping to at least get the fitteds cut out.

Yay indeed for FS. I need to meal plan before I go shopping when I get home. I can't remember what I brought for mine but DH is self employeed and until recently doesn't/hasn't really had pay stubs. I called ahead and told them that and we figured out what I could bring.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#87 of 385 Old 10-05-2009, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hugs everyone! I have been reading but haven't replied. I am doing ok. Me and my husband have talked he wants to now save the marriage (after he ask for the divorce,threw his wedding ring away,) he wants me to get rid of the internet,cell phones,etc in order for him to trust me and I refuse. I refuse because I am home for 2 weeks at a time in this house and I need the internet. I talk to my friends,family and get all my support on here. I will not cut it off. and I told him I do NOT want to work on our marriage. I am done with it. I don't want to get into why but anyways. I am waiting for the 12th because that is our food stamp day. We are almost out of everything! anyways hope everyones doing ok!

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#88 of 385 Old 10-05-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmomma05 View Post
Hugs everyone! I have been reading but haven't replied. I am doing ok. Me and my husband have talked he wants to now save the marriage (after he ask for the divorce,threw his wedding ring away,) he wants me to get rid of the internet,cell phones,etc in order for him to trust me and I refuse. I refuse because I am home for 2 weeks at a time in this house and I need the internet. I talk to my friends,family and get all my support on here. I will not cut it off. and I told him I do NOT want to work on our marriage. I am done with it. I don't want to get into why but anyways. I am waiting for the 12th because that is our food stamp day. We are almost out of everything! anyways hope everyone's doing ok!
I'm glad you stuck up for yourself and didn't buy his bull.

#89 of 385 Old 10-05-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmomma05 View Post
Hugs everyone! I have been reading but haven't replied. I am doing ok. Me and my husband have talked he wants to now save the marriage (after he ask for the divorce,threw his wedding ring away,) he wants me to get rid of the internet,cell phones,etc in order for him to trust me and I refuse. I refuse because I am home for 2 weeks at a time in this house and I need the internet. I talk to my friends,family and get all my support on here. I will not cut it off. and I told him I do NOT want to work on our marriage. I am done with it. I don't want to get into why but anyways. I am waiting for the 12th because that is our food stamp day. We are almost out of everything! anyways hope everyones doing ok!
s

IMHO, wanting you to cut out the internet and a cell phone is controlling/abusive behavior. Husbands need to trust their wives and let them get the support they need, not control who and how they talk to people. I If you guys do decide to work things out, I hope that you won't submit to his controlling behavior.. just my opinion though!!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#90 of 385 Old 10-05-2009, 04:22 PM

Just a reminder... did you all sign up for FIN Holiday Helpers?

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page