Getting Out of Debt with DR, Oct 2009 - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 219 Old 10-30-2009, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well we are passing on the house...we came to our senses and are back on track...can't wait to be DF in the spring!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 219 Old 10-30-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
any recommendations for *free* software or programs that we could use to track our spending? I'm talking the minutae of our spending, something that could give more detail than "household" etc...?
should I just make a list myself, to track laundry detergent, vinegar, tooth brushes, baking soda etc?
is there any program that could do that for us?
I honestly dont track every dollar that I spend. I have a set dollar amount for certain categories though. So I ONLY spend $400 a month for groceries and household expenses (toothpaste and such). I use cash and take it out on the first. Sometimes by the end of the month I am short but I just make myself wait till the first. Thats the hardest part of the budget part. Not buying stuff because I want to but because I had already planned for it.

As far as I know there is no program that is going to itemize your Target receipt for you... You have to do it yourself.

Honestly if you really want to track everything you have to work with cash. Give your self a set budget on each category you want to spend and only spend that. With debt cards you honestly spend more.

Mom to '97, '07, '09 and birth mom '00 and wife to my BFF
#213 of 219 Old 10-30-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gg1e View Post
Well we are passing on the house...we came to our senses and are back on track...can't wait to be DF in the spring!
Oh P1gg1e I am so sorry! Its hard not to get what you want.

#214 of 219 Old 10-30-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gg1e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev1053 View Post
Oh P1gg1e I am so sorry! Its hard not to get what you want.
LOL NOW DH is talking about it again honestly ignore me I'll post after something has been set in stone
#215 of 219 Old 10-30-2009, 08:31 PM

Aww. You've got me on the edge of my seat!

I can just imagine the stress of such a big decision. Good Luck!

me, 28 & dh, 32.
#216 of 219 Old 10-30-2009, 10:19 PM

Subbing so I can join in November. I read a DR book a couple of years ago but it totally didn't click at all. Then a friend loaned me two more DR books, I read one of them last week, and bam, I get it. Duh! It took me long enough. We have 8 kids, one on the way, one income that keeps decreasing, pretty awful health insurance, and lots of debt. We live pretty skimpy as it is but can always cut out more. I'm anxious to start the debt snowball when dh gets paid next week. You guys here have always been an inspiration so thanks for that and I look forward to learning lots more from you!!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#217 of 219 Old 10-31-2009, 03:06 AM

Must congratulate myself for not buying anything at the last Clinique Gift With Purchase promotion. I'm addicted to Clinique skincare products and especially the gifts - I think I've bought stuff to get one or two "free" gifts every year since I was in my early twenties, but this time I didn't need anything and even though I went to the mall several times during the promotion, I managed NOT to buy anything!

Makes me sound like a snob, but I'm having a hard time trading in my department store makeup and salon hair products for drugstore stuff. Really hard time. Help me stay on the wagon!

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#218 of 219 Old 10-31-2009, 09:34 AM

P1gg1e - I am officially ignoring you now. But I secretly hope Brian changes his mind. My fingers are crossed.

Akichan - Great job!!! Some things are harder to give up than others. Your doing a great! I couldnt give up my hair stylist, so DH and I agreed that I could continue to go to her, I just cant get my hair cut every 8 weeks..... I stretch it to every 12 or 15 weeks.

BS3 - 13% done! Yea! I still have my fingers crossed that I can get some of the money from the birth back, that would be a nice addition to BS3.

#219 of 219 Old 10-31-2009, 01:55 PM

OK so I checked all the cells & they are all ok, I double checked the math & I balanced the checkbook...So Wehn I began trackingout spending Sept 1 I started from scratch as if we had nothing in out checking account when the month started (although we did). Well I went into that money when I paid bills this month so it's awesome that I won't be bouncing anything, but I also should have looked at the numbers & realized why I was off I did kinda leave that out for a bit of a cushin just in case I make math errors or something. Oh well I paid off a CC this month so I'm happy! This month our income will go way dow as our seasonal work will come to an almost screetching hault. So major stretching will be taking place for the next several months, I'll be hunting for clearances & thrift shops as I have for the last few months for Christmas gifts. Our eating out has gotten a little out of hand even with budgeting! I've found I'm saving so much on groceries that I'm like yeah ok lets get take out we didn't spend much on groceries this week! But even with that going from $40 to $160 (I know, I know) I still beat last months groceries & eating out expense by $430! But Imagine how I'll do if we cut it out all together? Unreal!

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page