How do you move w/ no money? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 10-16-2009, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would absolutely ask for moving expenses. They're breaking the law by giving you such short notice to move. There's no way I would roll over on this.
#32 of 34 Old 10-17-2009, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Yay! We got approved for the apartment! We move in on Wednesday. It's not the greatest, but the location is great. I'm looking forward to cutting down our drive town and spending less money. Looking at our budget, it is cutting it close. I think the biggest problem will be the utility connection fee. We do have SOME groceries. I made a list of what we had on hand and from there made a list of meals, and then spent a $20.00 gift card and $25.00 cash on what I needed for the next weeks. We will need to spend another 15-20 for groceries next week. So that's about $45.00 cash for groceries (not adding the gift card in there). And I'll be applying for WIC to help out if needed. Thank goodness for a stocked pantry and freezer.

We did axe all our bills for this month to move. The good news is that we pay our rent at the end of the month and our current landlord will not be receiving it. We need it to move. They can kiss my rear. They will be getting a letter after we move explaining the law, how they broke out, that we did call the county health dept, and not to expect the rent because it is covering half of our moving expenses. Now I just need to write the letter so it doesn't sound snarky.

Oh, and next months rent is 1/2 off and our utility deposit refund will pay for over half of the utilities that weren't paid for this month! That will help in a tremendous way. We'll be able to catch up on the bills we couldn't pay this month.

I am feeling a lot better about this.
#33 of 34 Old 10-17-2009, 03:14 PM

So you aren't telling your current landlords that they need to pay for the move? Why not?
swede likes this.
#34 of 34 Old 10-03-2013, 09:01 AM

I need to find myself. I lost my husband in Aug.I have been off of work since I had surgery on my shoulder from a work related injury that I'm fighting workmans comp till this day. My shoulder Has'nt been the same since.I have no money and I live with my 82 yr old mother and my 23 yr old son that has been struggling with his life since he was little. There is alot of negativity in my surroundings that causes me to stand still.I cry every day and I'm tired. It seems like I'm dragging my health and everything else down hill.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page