~November~ Home Cooked Challenge!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 216 Old 11-14-2009, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everything vegan unless stated
1-FFY
2-Vegan Dad's chickpea patties/"cheesy" scalloped potatoes/roasted butternut squash/romaine lettuce salad w roasted apples/sundried tomatoes/butternut squash roasted seeds YUMMY DINNER
3-Pasta with eggplant, onion, garlic, chilis tomato sauce w hemp seeds on top...Ds's request
4-Acorn squash stuffed w wild rice, leftover chickpeas, leftover roasted apples, onions, peas and corn.
5-Eggplant, broc, bok choy,swiss chard stir fried w leftover chickpeas and a vegetarian oyster sauce on brown rice. Ds finally tried brocoli ate the whole pan full then asked for more
6-worked so dh made dinner which consisted of pasta w tomato sauce, hemp seeds and peas...boring
7-Slow cooker "beef" stew w whole wheat dumplings-tvp chunks,carrots, potatoes, onions, peas in a homemade bean water broth. YUMMY
8.frozen perogies fried in veggie juice, w garlic, onions, fresh thyme and peas w carrot sticks
9. Dh and I both worked over dinner, In-laws watched ds...we ate leftovers at work
10.Both worked again, but I made a quick black beans and brown rice dish to eat at work. With onions, peas, corn garlic and a vegetable juice sauce.
11. Got called in AGAIN at 5 to 5. Right before I was starting diinner, so l-o's had pasta, tomato sauce and tofu at Inlaws, dh and I ate a box of KD we found WAY back in the cupboard at 10 30 after we got the kids down.
12. soybeans cooked in broth, thyme,basil, sundried tomatoes, garlic, lime leaves on a rice blend w steamed broccoli carrot sticks and cuke slices. Was really nice having REAL food again! Now back to work tomorro..hopefully dh will cook something
13. Dh's version of cooking was to order take out curry..at least it was cheap and yummy
14. Green bean/chickpeas stirfried with white wine/tomato sauce made in the summer/basil/pepper, leftover eggplant curry, rice mix, carrot sticks, cukes, pickles(by request of ds)

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#122 of 216 Old 11-15-2009, 12:37 AM

1 - Made a big pot of beans in the crockpot
2 - Lunch o' leftover, Dinner - Pancakes and bacon
3 - Lunch: pasta w/ bacon; Dinner: sausage, cheesy grits, spinach salad
4 - Dinner: Wild Rice Quiche
11 - Fried Chicken - BOO!
12 - Waffles
13 - Lunch: chicken sandwiches, yellow bell pepper w/ hummus. Dinner: Shrimp fried rice!
14 - Leftovers for dinner and leftovers for lunch. Made some granola w/ DD this afternoon. It's quite good - I'll be repeating it as soon as we run out.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#123 of 216 Old 11-15-2009, 03:09 AM

HydeParkB - can you post your granola recipe? I've been looking for a good one for a while. Thanks!

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#124 of 216 Old 11-15-2009, 04:35 AM

1- super delish salad, boys cooked brats out on the grill for football game
2- ravioli, brussels sprouts
3- quesadilla w/ gr turkey & green pep (after a large late lunch: bread bowl at Corner Bakery- to be fair, we had to be out & about for ten hours total and I only caved after waiting over an hour past the time my ex said he would meet us downtown... a woman actually asked me if I was okay and needed her to buy me lunch because I was sitting there for an hour not ordering anything- so embarrassing! but sweet of her.)
4- tilapia w. broccoli & roasted sweet potatoes
5- potato pancakes (FINALLY- this has been in the works for a while) served on a bed of peas, with apple sauce & sour cream.
6- homemade pizza
7- beef stroganoff
8- chicken enchiladas
9- leftovers didn't make it past lunch- we made a salad with green leaf lettuce, iceberg, chicken (marinated in soy sauce, garlic, ginger, & onion- sauteed- chilled), zucchini, red pepper, walnuts, goat cheese, dried cranberries, crumbled bacon, balsamic vinaigrette, and homemade croutons. (budgeting note: we keep the walnuts and dried cranberries around pretty much just for salads, though they can also be snacks, they are expensive. So I wouldn't buy them just to make a salad, they're something we buy when we can and then we use it in many salads!)
10- linguine with the burgundy sauce made to go with the spaghetti squash later this week, which was not quite what I intended but still delish
11- barley & split yellow pea soup with rutabaga & carrot (in crockpot overnight)/ fend for yourself. Was over at a friend's house and she wanted to take us out for lunch ... I let her.
12- pasta with burgundy sauce... again. it's just D & I so I went with something super easy.
13- made an amazing lunch, soft tacos with picadillo... and then, as she had announced she would on Tuesday, my mom brought home Thai Takeout. After gorging on crab rangoon, spring rolls, pad thai, and a spicy curry, it was time to cue the baby to wake up screaming and crying, consolable only at the breast, no less than a dozen times overnight. Why must I pay so dearly every time I consume any asian variety of takeout ?!?!?!!!
14- FFY. for early snackish dinner there was leftover stew.. for later snackish dinner I made a quesadilla with leftovers from yesterday's lunch and some salsa & my mom made a can of soup.

certain persons in the household suggested we go shopping but I had to remind them that we still have in queue:

tilapia w. peas and roasted potatoes
spaghetti squash with a red wine tomato sauce with bacon & ground turkey
fennel & potato crockpot soup
tuna casserole with broccoli
#125 of 216 Old 11-15-2009, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

We cook and eat vegan at home, so all meals are vegan

1. Ate lunch out with a friend /Cheesy Chickpea Shepard's Pie & Maple glazed carrots for dinner
2. (School night) Koshari
3. (School night) Chickpea Rice Broccoli casserole (a modified version of this VWAV recipe, added rice and subbed soymilk, nut yeast for veg broth)
4. Bean tacos & spanish rice
5. Pumpkin Coconut soup, salad with nuts and cranberries, veggie medley and cranberry walnut bread
6. Garbonzo Goulash and green beans
7. Family party potluck
8. Pinto bean & veggie tacos, salad and chips
9. (School night) Three Bean and veggie chili, chips, salad
10. (School night) DH cooked Bahgan Barta (Indian eggplant dish)
11. Spaghetti and TVP marinara sauce and garlic bread
12. Chickpeas and Penne With Pecan Red Pepper Pesto with garlic bread
13. Vegan Dinner Loaf Made with pecans, lentils and corn flakes, with maple glazed carrots on the side
14. Impromptu Cajun stir-fry thing with quinoa, black eye peas, and veggies

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#126 of 216 Old 11-15-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akichan View Post
HydeParkB - can you post your granola recipe? I've been looking for a good one for a while. Thanks!
I used this as a basis, since I was wanting to use lots of oats and karo syrup I had on hand. I bet you could substitute honey or some other sweetener.
http://karosyrup.com/recipe_details.asp?id=
I think the vanilla and cinnamon are what make it.

My ingredients were:
* 4 cups oats
* 1 cup walnuts
* 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1 cup shredded coconut
* 1/2 cup light brown sugar
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1/2 cup corn syrup
* 1/3 cup boiling water
* 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
* 3/4 cup raisins
* 3/4 cup craisins

I dropped the wheat germ and quick oats. I used walnuts instead of pecans, and added craisins. I think you can use whatever nuts and dried fruit you like, and the coconut is optional. Sometimes I add flax seed to my granola.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#127 of 216 Old 11-15-2009, 07:55 PM

1-frittata, toast, applesauce
2-dinner at my mom's *stew
3-shepherd's pie *dh ran out of time for dinner and I didn't have anything else out so the boys had chili dogs and I just snacked
4-panini's, roasted potatoes
5-shepherd's pie
6-pizza
7-baked potatoes
8-sausages and roasted potatoes
9-dinner at my mom's
10-steak, baked fries, rice, something else I haven't decided on yet*well I got all that cooked and then broke a pan on the stove, getting glass in everything I'd just cooked. So the boys had sausages and applesauce and I had broccoli, the only part of dinner not ruined.
11-I don't know, it's usually leftovers on Wednesday but I have none now so I'm thinking fried potatoes and eggs. *boys had pizza, I had half a roast beef sandwich
12-supposed to be quesadillas but I haven't made it to the store *ate out with a visiting friend, but he bought
13-out *stayed home and I don't really remember, I was sick
14-sausages, eggs, toast
15-pizza for the boys, something else for dh and I
#128 of 216 Old 11-15-2009, 09:09 PM

1 - Frozen pizza
2 - Spinach soup with hard boiled eggs and no-knead bread
3 - Soup made with oxtail broth leftover from last night and oxtail meat, mung beans, carrots, onions and spinach. And bread.
4 - Rutabaga, potatoes, carrots, and kale stewed in yellow Thai curry coconut sauce, brown rice
5 - Roasted chicken with brussels sprouts, potatoes, parsnip roasted underneath, cream sauce from drippings
6 - Chicken pot pie
7 - Frozen breaded salmon, leftovers, snacks
8 - White bean, spinach, carrot, rutabaga soup in chicken stock
9 - Cream of turnip soup using rest of chicken stock, no knead bread
10 - Macaroni casserole
11 - Leftovers
12 - Baltic herring filets filled with salt, pepper and dill and dredged in rye flour, then fried in butter, with boiled potatoes and roasted brussels sprouts.
13 - Borsch and no knead bread
14 - Spinach lasagne
15 - Leftovers

Halfway done, woohoo!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#129 of 216 Old 11-15-2009, 10:30 PM

I don't eat meat, but dh and kids do, so meals are typically veg with meat sometimes added for them.
4- Chipotle
5- Eggs, biscuits, hash browns
6- Pumpkin Thai Soup
7- Homemade veggie pizzas
8- Veggie Enchiladas
9- pizza (picked up from grocery- no take out!)
10-Veggie stirfry w/ veggie eggrolls
11- my mom bought us dinner out
12- Pizza- Gosh we eat pizza a lot
13 - Tv dinner- pumpkin ravioli
14 - Chili and cornbread
15 - Veggie dogs with fries and cheesy vegetables
16 - sausage, black beans, tomatoes and rice in tortillas w/ cheese and s.c

E Veg*n Mom to ds 6 : dd 3
#130 of 216 Old 11-15-2009, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

1. Ate lunch out with a friend /Cheesy Chickpea Shepard's Pie & Maple glazed carrots for dinner
3. (School night) Chickpea Rice Broccoli casserole (a modified version of this VWAV recipe, added rice and subbed soymilk, nut yeast for veg broth)
5. Pumpkin Coconut soup, salad with nuts and cranberries, veggie medley and cranberry walnut bread
7. Family party potluck
13. Vegan Dinner Loaf Made with pecans, lentils and corn flakes, with maple glazed carrots on the side
15. Vegan Dinner Loaf (black beans, oatmeal, almond, veggies), steamed asparagus and roasted fingerling potatoes.
Planned:
16. Simple Chickpea Vegetable Bake
17. Fasolatha (Greek Bean Soup)
18. Ethiopian-style Lentils With Sweet Potatoes and roasted finglerling potatoes
19. Out of town
20. Out of town
21. Early Thanksgiving dinner (Celebration roast, mashed taters, gravy, green bean casserole, glazed carrots, salad, rolls)

#131 of 216 Old 11-15-2009, 11:43 PM

We cook dairy-free vegetarian at our house.

1. Brown rice pasta alfredo with portabello mushrooms and artichoke hearts.
2. Lentil loaf with gravy, roasted brussels sprouts with onions and apples (YUM!), and roasted winter squash with earth balance and brown sugar.
3. Crispy Tofu with Caper Sauce, Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes w/ Carmelized Shallots
4. DH working late, so DS and I had scrambled eggs (mine with a sizable portion of leftover potatoes and brussels sprouts).
5. Out. Running errands in evening after a bad day.
6. Savory French Lentils, Smoky Collard Greens, Reheated roasted winter squash.
7. OUT (planned). Parents in town.
8. Sandwiches with garlic pickles, stovetop popcorn for dessert.
9. Cumin-Lime Baked Tofu, Autum Puree (winter squash and sweet potatoes), roasted broccoli
10. Mujadara, Lemony Roasted Potatoes
11. Ate lunch out with DS after a postponed glucose test at the midwife's - starving! Dinner was brinner/leftover thing: Biscuits and TVP-Sausage Gravy, leftover lemony roasted potatoes, leftover smoky collard greens
12. Impromptu Peanut Sauce over rice noodles, sauteed veggies and fried tofu.
13. Out. Restaurant.com gift certificate used, so it was slightly cheaper. And Indian food, yum!
14. FFY/leftovers
15. Awesome spinach-sundried tomato frittata for breakfast, homemade tomato-rice soup with roasted garlic for lunch, and black bean sweet potato tacos with homemade corn tortillas for dinner.

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#132 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 02:02 AM

Thanks HydeParkB!

Ummm, I"m a lurker because I don't actually cook, but today I was inspired by LizzyQ's Garbanzo Goulash (I love garbanzos!) and made it. It was good! Yum!

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#133 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 10:20 AM

November

1. Coconut curry butternut squash soup, baby green salad, pita chips with red pepper hummus
2. Breakfast for dinner~scrambled eggs, bagels & maple sausage, tea & OJ
3. Sausage peppers, onions & garlic grinders with mozzarella, spinach salad
4. Roast chicken, mashed potatoes asparagus & salad
5. White bean & escarole soup with homemade stock, bread & salad
6. Leftover night
7. More leftovers (I made a ton of the white bean soup) Made a batch of homemade mayo, defrosting last jar of garbanzos to make hummus, soaking garbanzos to cook tomorrow, will freeze
8. Pizza night not sure of toppings yet, & a big arugula salad
9. Egg omelets with broccoli, whole wheat english muffins OJ, tea I also made a big pot of re-fried pinto beans today, will freeze most of it.
10. Oven fried Chicken breast, coleslaw, mashed potatoes
11. Re-fried bean/chicken burritos
12. Venison, potatoes & dandelion greens
13. I ate at work, DH & kids had leftovers & made a macaroni salad
14. I ate again at work, DH took DD2 out to eat DD1 was at a sleep-over
15. Homemade whole wheat, clam pizza, greek salad
16. Tonight pizza leftovers & salad

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#134 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 02:47 PM

1-FFY
2-Vegan Dad's chickpea patties/"cheesy" scalloped potatoes/roasted butternut squash/romaine lettuce salad w roasted apples/sundried tomatoes/butternut squash roasted seeds YUMMY DINNER
3-Pasta with eggplant, onion, garlic, chilis tomato sauce w hemp seeds on top...Ds's request
4-Acorn squash stuffed w wild rice, leftover chickpeas, leftover roasted apples, onions, peas and corn.
5-Eggplant, broc, bok choy,swiss chard stir fried w leftover chickpeas and a vegetarian oyster sauce on brown rice. Ds finally tried brocoli ate the whole pan full then asked for more
6-worked so dh made dinner which consisted of pasta w tomato sauce, hemp seeds and peas...boring
7-Slow cooker "beef" stew w whole wheat dumplings-tvp chunks,carrots, potatoes, onions, peas in a homemade bean water broth. YUMMY
8.frozen perogies fried in veggie juice, w garlic, onions, fresh thyme and peas w carrot sticks
9. Dh and I both worked over dinner, In-laws watched ds...we ate leftovers at work
10.Both worked again, but I made a quick black beans and brown rice dish to eat at work. With onions, peas, corn garlic and a vegetable juice sauce.
11. Got called in AGAIN at 5 to 5. Right before I was starting diinner, so l-o's had pasta, tomato sauce and tofu at Inlaws, dh and I ate a box of KD we found WAY back in the cupboard at 10 30 after we got the kids down.
12. soybeans cooked in broth, thyme,basil, sundried tomatoes, garlic, lime leaves on a rice blend w steamed broccoli carrot sticks and cuke slices. Was really nice having REAL food again! Now back to work tomorro..hopefully dh will cook something
13. Dh's version of cooking was to order take out curry..at least it was cheap and yummy
14. Green bean/chickpeas stirfried with white wine/tomato sauce made in the summer/basil/pepper, leftover eggplant curry, rice mix, carrot sticks, cukes, pickles(by request of ds)
15.Dh's version again of cooking..take out pizza

#135 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 03:26 PM

I'm in agian. We did really well last month. One nice meal out and another night were three of the four of us ate out and a random solo trip through the drive through (when I worked 13 hours and handn't eaten dinner at 8 p.m.) The goal is one nice dinner out and one or two random meal out.

1--Homemade ravoli for the midday meal and hot dogs and brussel sprouts for supper (yeah it was a bit odd)
2--leftovers
3--homemade potstickers
4--DH made his India Shepard's pie again (squash, ground lamb, taters, green beans, onion and curry seasoning.
5--the plan is tacos. We ended up with homemade pizza
6--ate tacos tonight
7--ate out for lunch and had lamb steak, potatos, and green beans for supper
8-- I forget, but it was at home
9-- Gardenburgers/frozen fish, peas, and oven baked fries
10--pork chops, mashed potatos, and brocilli
11--potato, veggie, cheese soup and fresh bread
12--homemade mac and cheese and a veggie
13--I forget, but it was at home too
14--chili at noon and frozen pizza and a big lettuce salad (DS1 cooked)
15--beef roast at noon and Thai chicken soup for supper
16--most likely repurposed beef roast and gravy
#136 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 03:51 PM

I'm joining late but sooo need it because eating out is my biggest vice. We eat meat but usually are vegetarian 2 nights a week and growing slowly. I'm starting with today since I haven't kept track all month.

15 - beef stroganoff w/ English peas, salad

It's us: DH , DS ; DD ; and me . Also there's the . And the 3 . I . Oh, and .
#137 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeta View Post
13. Out. Restaurant.com gift certificate used, so it was slightly cheaper. And Indian food, yum!
I plan to do this very soon too! I got coupons for a local Indian place for $2.00 for $25 off!

#138 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 04:25 PM

3-shepherd's pie *dh ran out of time for dinner and I didn't have anything else out so the boys had chili dogs and I just snacked
5-shepherd's pie
6-pizza
7-baked potatoes
9-dinner at my mom's
10-steak, baked fries, rice, something else I haven't decided on yet*well I got all that cooked and then broke a pan on the stove, getting glass in everything I'd just cooked. So the boys had sausages and applesauce and I had broccoli, the only part of dinner not ruined.
11-I don't know, it's usually leftovers on Wednesday but I have none now so I'm thinking fried potatoes and eggs. *boys had pizza, I had half a roast beef sandwich
12-supposed to be quesadillas but I haven't made it to the store *ate out with a visiting friend, but he bought
14-sausages, eggs, toast
16-dinner at my mom's
#139 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I plan to do this very soon too! I got coupons for a local Indian place for $2.00 for $25 off!
That's what we did, too! Love that site. We also got a $10 one for a local Ethiopian restaurant for $.80! Mmmm....injera...

#140 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 05:43 PM

1 - Frozen pizza
3 - Soup made with oxtail broth leftover from last night and oxtail meat, mung beans, carrots, onions and spinach. And bread.
4 - Rutabaga, potatoes, carrots, and kale stewed in yellow Thai curry coconut sauce, brown rice
5 - Roasted chicken with brussels sprouts, potatoes, parsnip roasted underneath, cream sauce from drippings
6 - Chicken pot pie
10 - Macaroni casserole
11 - Leftovers
12 - Baltic herring filets filled with salt, pepper and dill and dredged in rye flour, then fried in butter, with boiled potatoes and roasted brussels sprouts.
14 - Spinach lasagne
15 - Leftovers
16 - Leftovers
17 - Tofu and vegetable (kale maybe?) yellow thai curry coconut milk sauce over brown rice

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#141 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 06:59 PM

I don't eat meat, but dh and kids do, so meals are typically veg with meat sometimes added for them.
4- Chipotle
5- Eggs, biscuits, hash browns
6- Pumpkin Thai Soup
7- Homemade veggie pizzas
8- Veggie Enchiladas
9- pizza (picked up from grocery- no take out!)
10-Veggie stirfry w/ veggie eggrolls
11- my mom bought us dinner out
12- Pizza- Gosh we eat pizza a lot
13 - Tv dinner- pumpkin ravioli
14 - Chili and cornbread
15 - Veggie dogs with fries and cheesy vegetables
16 - Falafel with cucumber sauce, Naan, and garlic pecan rice.

E Veg*n Mom to ds 6 : dd 3
#142 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

7. Family party potluck
15. Vegan Dinner Loaf (black beans, oatmeal, almond, veggies), steamed asparagus and roasted fingerling potatoes.
16. (School night) Simple Chickpea Vegetable Bake

Planned:
17. (School night) Fasolatha (Greek Bean Soup)
18. Ethiopian-style Lentils With Sweet Potatoes and roasted finglerling potatoes
19. Out of town- Curry
20. Out of town- Lentil Soup
21. Early Thanksgiving dinner (Celebration roast, mashed taters, gravy, green bean casserole, glazed carrots, salad, rolls)

#143 of 216 Old 11-16-2009, 09:13 PM

1-FFY
15.Dh's version again of cooking..take out pizza
16. Black bean soup w corn dumplings. Steamed broccoli, carrot sticks, cukes, pickles. All the veggies at ds's request...sadly I'm getting REALLY bored of them

#144 of 216 Old 11-17-2009, 12:17 AM

We cook dairy-free vegetarian at our house.

1. Brown rice pasta alfredo with portabello mushrooms and artichoke hearts.
2. Lentil loaf with gravy, roasted brussels sprouts with onions and apples (YUM!), and roasted winter squash with earth balance and brown sugar.
3. Crispy Tofu with Caper Sauce, Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes w/ Carmelized Shallots
4. DH working late, so DS and I had scrambled eggs (mine with a sizable portion of leftover potatoes and brussels sprouts).
5. Out. Running errands in evening after a bad day.
6. Savory French Lentils, Smoky Collard Greens, Reheated roasted winter squash.
7. OUT (planned). Parents in town.
8. Sandwiches with garlic pickles, stovetop popcorn for dessert.
9. Cumin-Lime Baked Tofu, Autum Puree (winter squash and sweet potatoes), roasted broccoli
10. Mujadara, Lemony Roasted Potatoes
11. Ate lunch out with DS after a postponed glucose test at the midwife's - starving! Dinner was brinner/leftover thing: Biscuits and TVP-Sausage Gravy, leftover lemony roasted potatoes, leftover smoky collard greens
12. Impromptu Peanut Sauce over rice noodles, sauteed veggies and fried tofu.
14. FFY/leftovers
15. Awesome spinach-sundried tomato frittata for breakfast, homemade tomato-rice soup with roasted garlic for lunch, and black bean sweet potato tacos with homemade corn tortillas for dinner.
16. Tofu Shepherd's Pie

#145 of 216 Old 11-17-2009, 11:06 AM

Hi, can I join too. We usually eat at home during the week but the weekend is another matter.

16- quesedillas with cheese, chicken and red peppers

Jessie (29) mom to Emma (2002), Anthony (2004), Elizabeth (2006) and Ava (2008) and someone new 2010
#146 of 216 Old 11-17-2009, 12:01 PM

1 - Made a big pot of beans in the crockpot
2 - Lunch o' leftover, Dinner - Pancakes and bacon
3 - Lunch: pasta w/ bacon; Dinner: sausage, cheesy grits, spinach salad
4 - Dinner: Wild Rice Quiche
11 - Fried Chicken - BOO!
12 - Waffles
13 - Lunch: chicken sandwiches, yellow bell pepper w/ hummus. Dinner: Shrimp fried rice!
14 - Leftovers for dinner and leftovers for lunch. Made some granola w/ DD this afternoon. It's quite good - I'll be repeating it as soon as we run out.
15 - Rice & Spicy Sausage in the slow cooker, from the "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker" cookbook
16 - DH made tacos, I made the taco seasoning from spices on hand, and we used regular beans (on hand) instead of refried. Trying to get away from the packets of seasoning.

#147 of 216 Old 11-17-2009, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
1. Baked chicken (I remembered!) marinated in Mojo; arroz con gandules and maduros
2. Beef noodle casserole, french bread, cucumber and tomato salad
3. Left overs from the 2nd
4. Left overs from the 1st with broccoli instead of maduros
5. Ended up with oven baked catfish and corn on the cob.
6. I think we had leftover fish with sides of tomatoes, arroz con gandules and collard greens (left over from prior weekend)
7.Can't remember - oh, went to friend's for b-day party. DD had leftovers (b/c she was sick and couldn't go to party)
8. Chicken fajitas
9. Steak with mushroom salsa sauce & fresh cooked spinach & baked potato
(avocado & baked potato for baby)
10. Chicken tortilla soup (baked sweet potato strips for baby)
11. Baked chicken and mashed sweet potatoes
12. leftovers
13. Bought lunch at work AND Date Night/kids ate at neighbors' who watched them
14. leftovers
15. Mother Hubbard Soup & broccoli (froze 3 bags of the soup)
16. Chicken & Dumplings & broccoli
17. Thinking jumbalaya for tonight

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#148 of 216 Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 PM

5-shepherd's pie
6-pizza
7-baked potatoes
9-dinner at my mom's
14-sausages, eggs, toast
16-dinner at my mom's *pizza and garlic bread
17-tacos, chips and salsa
#149 of 216 Old 11-17-2009, 04:35 PM

We tend to eat out too much & we can't afford it so I am going to try this to help keep us on track. We are vegetarian so all meals are meat free.

15-Family party, we ate layer bean dip, macaroni salad & veggies w/ dip
16- Pizza

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#150 of 216 Old 11-17-2009, 05:16 PM

1 - Frozen pizza
6 - Chicken pot pie
10 - Macaroni casserole
11 - Leftovers
14 - Spinach lasagne
15 - Leftovers
16 - Leftovers
17 - Change of plans. I got a strong craving for palak paneer last night so I decided to make it today instead. So we had palak paneer with paneer made from scratch (so good!) over brown basmati rice. It was pretty tasty but not the same as in a restaurant. But for my first try I am very satisfied. I also made ghee, which should last for a while.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page