more frugal (and a little crafty) christmas gift ideas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-16-2009, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since I already used up my turn in the contest but still had some ideas floating around in my head I thought I'd start another thread!

Some other things I thought of were:

Making framed decorative pictures using the recipients name and taking each letter and thinking of a word for it that really describes them for example~
for my Grandma I would do:
G enerous
R eliable
A ble
N uturing
D evoted
M agnanamous
A dored!!!
I am thinking I will dip into my scrapbooking stash for sticker letters and use scrapbooking paper as the background then get frames from the goodwill and there you go, a personal but inexpensive gift that says just how much you love the person and that you notice all their good qualities. You could easily draw the lettering if you were so inclined or stitch it if you were good at that. Or use your computer in some way to make the picture, I'm not good at that kind of stuff, though!

Another idea I had was making patchwork scarves out of your fabric stash(if you have one, I sure do!) and then backing them in fleece.

Another fabric use-up idea is placemats and napkin sets, how easy would that be!

I also was thinking of stitching up monogrammed dishtowels and napkins and pillow cases(homemade of course).

Another idea was making up some home-remedies like honey cough syrup and fire cider and jarring those up as gifts.

That's all I have for now!
#2 of 2 Old 11-16-2009, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Other uses for fabric scraps: memory tiles, crayon roll, go fish set, play mat.

I plan to make a word collage for DH of places we have traveled using Wordle. Just enter the words you want larger more frequently. A book passage or other text can also be entered.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page