December Low Income Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#121 of 185 Old 12-22-2009, 10:27 PM
 
Peacemamalove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Essex Junction,Vermont
Posts: 3,816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
s everyone!!! This time of year is so hard on everyone. Sometimes it seems like I am being crushed by an eighteen wheeler! Today I feel like I am hanging on by a thread. Last week was my birthday and not even dh or the kids my mom no one did anything or even made me a handmade card! I felt crushed and so small.

Solstice was okay we had a relaxing day and the kids had a couple gifts to open. Then we found out the news that we didn't want to hear. We thought Dh was going to be back to work full time but there is nothing for carpentry work right now until probably February of next year. So that means we still have to survive on $70 a week still for the five of us This is crushing us. Our local stores hardly carry anything at all for natural products and we can not really travel far with our car heater broke and it being only 2 degrees out.

We are being overwhelmed in bills and haven't been able to even afford vitamins. This is sending DD who is special needs into a complete mess and it kills me to see her this way

Sometimes I wish money grew on trees . I wish that someday I could go to a store and look at the prices and not even care what they say . (Oh you mean Organic apples are $6.99 a bag sure no problem !!)

Sorry for the rant I know it is all jumbled and probably not even coming out right, I feel like a failure of a mother and my whole family hates me. I pray that next year is better than this .

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
Peacemamalove is offline  
#122 of 185 Old 12-23-2009, 01:37 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Well HELL!! We met with the attorney today & my world was turned upside down. We were under the impression that once you retian the attorney the foreclosure process stops until after the bankruptcy is filed & discharged. NOT THE CASE!! We thought we were going to have about 18 months (the attny takes long payment plans) but it turns out that we might have 6 months if we are lucky! We are so screwed. DH can't stop crying. I can't be having a baby now! I guess we will be contacting someone to set up a short sale to start next month & PRAY that it takes a long time to sell. I just don't know what to do.
When we SS'd our place it took about a year, so we weren't paying the mortgage that whole time. Hopefully something will work out for you, and it's good that you are doing it now and not waiting until the last minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemamalove View Post
s everyone!!! This time of year is so hard on everyone. Sometimes it seems like I am being crushed by an eighteen wheeler! Today I feel like I am hanging on by a thread. Last week was my birthday and not even dh or the kids my mom no one did anything or even made me a handmade card! I felt crushed and so small.
That's terrible they forgot your Bday I'm so sorry mama!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#123 of 185 Old 12-23-2009, 02:45 PM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
When we SS'd our place it took about a year, so we weren't paying the mortgage that whole time. Hopefully something will work out for you, and it's good that you are doing it now and not waiting until the last minute.
I am so hoping it takes a while, but it seems like houses are suddenly selling pretty quick around here. I feel slightly better today after looking into some housing programs. I just wish I ccould get DH to calm down. He is so depressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemamlove
Sometimes it seems like I am being crushed by an eighteen wheeler! Today I feel like I am hanging on by a thread. Last week was my birthday and not even dh or the kids my mom no one did anything or even made me a handmade card! I felt crushed and so small.
That is aweful! I am so sorry they didn't do anything for your birthday. I hope you atleast pointed it out to them. I so know what you mean about hanging by a thread & being crushed by an 18 wheeler. I am right there with you.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#124 of 185 Old 12-23-2009, 03:14 PM
 
Peacemamalove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Essex Junction,Vermont
Posts: 3,816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks and s maciascl

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
Peacemamalove is offline  
#125 of 185 Old 12-23-2009, 03:34 PM
 
Freedom~Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone, hope it is okay if I join here. This past year has been pretty tough financially. My DH is going to school full time and working part time and I am a SAHM. We get by but barely. Luckily we have Medicad for the kids, and have the full amount we can get of FS and are on WIC. We moved into a tiny place to cut down on rent so rent is only $500 a month but even that is hard for us to keep up with adding, gas, electricity, car payment, car insurance, gas, toiletries, clothes, money for laundry, etc. We do the best we can but it gets frustrating sometimes. We were able to save a little for Christmas and bought a $35 fake tree and bought the girls cabbage patch dolls for Christmas along with a few stocking stuffers...nothing for us of course but all I care about is making sure there are some presents under the tree for the girls. I know there are so many things I should feel grateful about, at least most of the time we have enough food, are able to pay most of our bills and to provide the bare essentials for the kids but I feel so bad when our oldest DD is invited to a birthday party and we don't have the extra money for a present or if she needs something for school and we can't buy it etc. I don't want to be rich, just financially comfortable. I am starting school in Jan. I know the next few years will be very tough but once DH and I both have our Bachelors Degrees hopefully we will be able to stop renting and buy a house. I feel like our families (esp. mine) look down on us because we never have any money but we are doing the best we can. Yes we are 27 but we are trying to build a better future for our family by going to school. We don't smoke, drink or do drugs and we never spend money on ourselves. What more can we do?! Anyway I will def. be checking back with this thread, it is nice to not feel alone.

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

Freedom~Mama is offline  
#126 of 185 Old 12-23-2009, 04:11 PM
 
zebra15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 4,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Well its 2 days til christmas and I am just NOT in the mood. I feel like I've come to a grinding halt on EVERYTHING. I want to curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out. No particular reason why, the holidays just seem to multiply things times 10 thousand. To top everything off with I think Im getting bronchitits again.... I need a hug. And someone please wish me luck, i have an ultrasound on my stomach this afternoon.... (i hope its just an ulcer)

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

zebra15 is online now  
#127 of 185 Old 12-23-2009, 04:43 PM
 
mommaof3boz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hugs to everyone having a hard, hard time.

Peacemamalove-I wouldn't think twice about buying nonorganics or all naturalproducts. When the going gets tough you gotta do what you gotta do. It is great when you can but don't beat yourself up. Have you checked with your pediatrician about vitamins? Lots of times if they write an rx for vitamins medicaid will cover them with only a 50 cent copay. Just a thought.
mommaof3boz is online now  
#128 of 185 Old 12-23-2009, 06:54 PM
 
Peacemamalove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Essex Junction,Vermont
Posts: 3,816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mommaof3boz We try our best at organic but we know that if we can't get it we just have to do with what is available. I hope my post didn't come across as I won't buy my family anything at all if it is not organic or natural because that isn't so.

We do not have a pediatrician we see an Naturopathic doctor and our daughter is on a lot of supplements etc. These are expensive and are not covered by Medicaid unfortunately

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
Peacemamalove is offline  
#129 of 185 Old 12-24-2009, 02:04 AM
 
Satori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Earth, I think, kids say Cybertron
Posts: 7,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemamalove View Post
mommaof3boz We try our best at organic but we know that if we can't get it we just have to do with what is available. I hope my post didn't come across as I won't buy my family anything at all if it is not organic or natural because that isn't so.

We do not have a pediatrician we see an Naturopathic doctor and our daughter is on a lot of supplements etc. These are expensive and are not covered by Medicaid unfortunately
It sucks, were kinda in the same boat, my dd is on supplements too and they work far better in then $500 worth of meds the insurance co pays for every month for her Bipolar. They'd rather spend the $500 then the less then $100 on supplements cause you know, vitamins can't be better then meds! Even when vitamins are the prescription they don't cover them! I give myself my B12 shots and take 50,000IU Vit D pills, they will happily pay for Dexa scans or broken bones or neuro damage or psych issues or what ever other issues the deficiencies have caused (can we say $30k in dental work over the past 8 years?) Both vitamins are available by prescription only, cost about $12mo each and they won't cover it. Thankfully I bought a years worth when I had the money so I'm not SOL but it burns my butt there so short sighted.

Seriously?
Satori is offline  
#130 of 185 Old 12-24-2009, 05:53 PM
 
Thystle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}

Resistance is futile Matey
Thystle is offline  
#131 of 185 Old 12-24-2009, 07:07 PM
 
zebra15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 4,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Merry Christmas Eve....

Today DS and I are making Applesauce, Fudge, Cookie and some other goodies....

Needless to say its 60-some degrees here and it doesn't feel a bit like the holidays.... maybe the cookies will help LOL

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

zebra15 is online now  
#132 of 185 Old 12-24-2009, 07:09 PM
 
frugalmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
thanks for reminding me - DD and I need to make cookies for "Santa".

I'm trying to get her to nap so I can wrap presents, but it isn't looking likely.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
frugalmama is online now  
#133 of 185 Old 12-25-2009, 01:20 PM
 
cwat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: a loud and happy house in CT
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone

I haven't been around much, sorry.
I'm STILL not working but Eric (babydaddy) is, so at least I have some money coming in.
He bought me 2 new tires for my car as a "Christmas present" (I've been dealing with flat tires for the past couple of weeks)
Things are still not great but they ARE looking up, so 2010 WILL be a better year.

Oh and peacemamalove, I hope things go better for you soon.

mama to dd1 17yo, ds1 16yo, ds2 13 yo, and dd2 6yo
cwat is offline  
#134 of 185 Old 12-25-2009, 03:04 PM
 
waiting2bemommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: buried under laundry
Posts: 1,961
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I don't celebrate Christmas but I do look forward to having a relaxing family day......so I hop you all are having a good Christmas today.

I got off work yesterday at noon because of the holiday and took ds to visit my bf (he wanted to show him his new truck lol). We had to go to the bank (on the bus, on Christmas Eve) and by the time we got back my bf's place it was close to 7 PM, so ds fell asleep in my arms & we were just socializing with the other family and their kids...totally peaceful, relaxing.

Then my mom shows up on the doorstep with all my and ds' clothes bagged/boxed up. Apparently she had decided to kick us out of her home at 11 PM on Christmas Eve. I threatened to call the police if she didn't let us back in, and she ended up dragging ds out of a sound sleep to pu him in the car and take us back with her right then (I had no choice, she was threatening to leave all our clothes on the curb if I didn't, and we can't bring that kind of drama inside someone else's home). So I'm guessing legally I have 30 days to get out, and she is threatening to change the locks so I imagine it will be 30 days of calling the police every time I want to get back in the house. And I only have about $450 in the bank right now which is nowheres near enough to get an apt. It sounds like a lot (and it is a lot, for us) but it isn't enough.

So I'm praying that something amazing will happen soon.....maybe I can do one of those rapid refund things through H&R Block, or Jackson Hewitt...anyone done those before? I heard they take a lot of your $$ but it may be the only way.

All I can say about today is thank God we don't celebrate Christmas as such, and ds got all his new stuff yesterday and the day before, or his fun would have been totally ruined by all the tension and yelling .

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

waiting2bemommy is offline  
#135 of 185 Old 12-25-2009, 05:26 PM
 
mommaof3boz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
waitingto2bemommy-OMG. What is wrong with your mother??? Obviously she has no true concern for you or your child or she wouldn't pull that on Christmas Eve. Your poor little boy. Here is a prayer that something happens that gets you out of there asap.
mommaof3boz is online now  
#136 of 185 Old 12-25-2009, 07:04 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3boz View Post
waitingto2bemommy-OMG. What is wrong with your mother??? Obviously she has no true concern for you or your child or she wouldn't pull that on Christmas Eve. Your poor little boy. Here is a prayer that something happens that gets you out of there asap.


hugs to you and your family!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#137 of 185 Old 12-25-2009, 07:24 PM
 
cwat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: a loud and happy house in CT
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Waiting2bemommy, your mother sounds like a nutcase (no offense)
Took the kids to to the movies to see Alvin & the Chipmunks 2
It was alright, but...when did children's movies start getting more adult themes? Luckily, it all went over Mikki's head but seriously!!!!

mama to dd1 17yo, ds1 16yo, ds2 13 yo, and dd2 6yo
cwat is offline  
#138 of 185 Old 12-26-2009, 12:09 AM
 
Satori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Earth, I think, kids say Cybertron
Posts: 7,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting2bemommy View Post
Well I don't celebrate Christmas but I do look forward to having a relaxing family day......so I hop you all are having a good Christmas today.

I got off work yesterday at noon because of the holiday and took ds to visit my bf (he wanted to show him his new truck lol). We had to go to the bank (on the bus, on Christmas Eve) and by the time we got back my bf's place it was close to 7 PM, so ds fell asleep in my arms & we were just socializing with the other family and their kids...totally peaceful, relaxing.

Then my mom shows up on the doorstep with all my and ds' clothes bagged/boxed up. Apparently she had decided to kick us out of her home at 11 PM on Christmas Eve. I threatened to call the police if she didn't let us back in, and she ended up dragging ds out of a sound sleep to pu him in the car and take us back with her right then (I had no choice, she was threatening to leave all our clothes on the curb if I didn't, and we can't bring that kind of drama inside someone else's home). So I'm guessing legally I have 30 days to get out, and she is threatening to change the locks so I imagine it will be 30 days of calling the police every time I want to get back in the house. And I only have about $450 in the bank right now which is nowheres near enough to get an apt. It sounds like a lot (and it is a lot, for us) but it isn't enough.

So I'm praying that something amazing will happen soon.....maybe I can do one of those rapid refund things through H&R Block, or Jackson Hewitt...anyone done those before? I heard they take a lot of your $$ but it may be the only way.

All I can say about today is thank God we don't celebrate Christmas as such, and ds got all his new stuff yesterday and the day before, or his fun would have been totally ruined by all the tension and yelling .

What happened? People usually don't use throw you out like that, was there a fight or something?

Seriously?
Satori is offline  
#139 of 185 Old 12-26-2009, 01:30 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We had a great Xmas.. I think everyone liked their presents and I am so glad I started Xmas shopping in Sept! We had friends over for dinner last night and everyone sang The Beatles carols (instead of Xmas carols), that was fun! And I made a vegan lasagna that was amazing.. even my cheese-loving (cheese-obsessed) BIL said it was one of the best he's ever had!

Hope everyone else had a great holiday.

We have more today too.. going to FIL's house.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#140 of 185 Old 12-26-2009, 02:59 PM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3boz View Post
waitingto2bemommy-OMG. What is wrong with your mother??? Obviously she has no true concern for you or your child or she wouldn't pull that on Christmas Eve. Your poor little boy. Here is a prayer that something happens that gets you out of there asap.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#141 of 185 Old 12-26-2009, 09:01 PM
 
waiting2bemommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: buried under laundry
Posts: 1,961
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
What happened? People usually don't use throw you out like that, was there a fight or something?
My mom is emotionally abusive and has some mental health issues herself.

I never know what will set her off....we can go days or weeks getting along fine and then BAM she freaks out about something and does something crazy. I'm in therapy and working on responding better to her so that I can cope until I can get out.

The trigger this time was that I went over to someone else's house. She doesn't like me to have friends of any kind esp a bf (even though he is also my child's father) so the nicer other people are to me the meaner & more controlling she gets. I have another, married friend who is older than me and has 3 kids, very stable and wonderful to be around; my mom ran out to her van when I was leaving with them once, ripped open her shirt, opened the driver's door and tried to pull my friend out of the car. She will take the batteries out of the cordless phone, lock up all the phones in one room so I can't use them, she has actually cut the cords to various appliances like the computer before to keep me from using them. The only way to keep her happy is to do everything her way.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

waiting2bemommy is offline  
#142 of 185 Old 12-27-2009, 12:36 AM
 
Peacemamalove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Essex Junction,Vermont
Posts: 3,816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
s waiting2bemommy

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
Peacemamalove is offline  
#143 of 185 Old 12-27-2009, 12:49 AM
 
Jyotsna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Right here!
Posts: 1,472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I hope and pray that you are having a beautiful holiday/break. My sister is here and we are having a good time with each other. The kids went to their dad's but came home on Christmas noon. We had a lovely dinner (everyone brought something) and all the little cousins enjoyed playing together. We really had a good family time and I am so very thankful.

I have possible good news. The owner of the house I'm interested in renting has told me that I may be able to rent it as early as Jan 15th. I'm really hoping that I will be able to rent it. It is near a dear friend of mine, and the street dead ends next to the house. That means the kids will be able to ride bikes, skate boards ect in the "cove" and be safe. Big back yard, nice wood floors...my dream rental house. Please wish us luck. It would be great to move out of my parents house by Jan 15th!

That's all for now and I'll keep you all updated!

Smiles

Vegetarian Hindu, mother to L,P and R. 
Jyotsna is offline  
#144 of 185 Old 12-27-2009, 12:34 PM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting2bemommy View Post
My mom is emotionally abusive and has some mental health issues herself.

I never know what will set her off....we can go days or weeks getting along fine and then BAM she freaks out about something and does something crazy. I'm in therapy and working on responding better to her so that I can cope until I can get out.

The trigger this time was that I went over to someone else's house. She doesn't like me to have friends of any kind esp a bf (even though he is also my child's father) so the nicer other people are to me the meaner & more controlling she gets. I have another, married friend who is older than me and has 3 kids, very stable and wonderful to be around; my mom ran out to her van when I was leaving with them once, ripped open her shirt, opened the driver's door and tried to pull my friend out of the car. She will take the batteries out of the cordless phone, lock up all the phones in one room so I can't use them, she has actually cut the cords to various appliances like the computer before to keep me from using them. The only way to keep her happy is to do everything her way.
Sounds very toxic & like a situation you should get your kids away from! I am sorry!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#145 of 185 Old 12-27-2009, 12:35 PM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotsna View Post
Hi everyone,

I hope and pray that you are having a beautiful holiday/break. My sister is here and we are having a good time with each other. The kids went to their dad's but came home on Christmas noon. We had a lovely dinner (everyone brought something) and all the little cousins enjoyed playing together. We really had a good family time and I am so very thankful.

I have possible good news. The owner of the house I'm interested in renting has told me that I may be able to rent it as early as Jan 15th. I'm really hoping that I will be able to rent it. It is near a dear friend of mine, and the street dead ends next to the house. That means the kids will be able to ride bikes, skate boards ect in the "cove" and be safe. Big back yard, nice wood floors...my dream rental house. Please wish us luck. It would be great to move out of my parents house by Jan 15th!

That's all for now and I'll keep you all updated!

Smiles
Wonderful news! I hope it all works out for you!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#146 of 185 Old 12-27-2009, 01:18 PM
 
waiting2bemommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: buried under laundry
Posts: 1,961
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotsna View Post
Hi everyone,

I hope and pray that you are having a beautiful holiday/break. My sister is here and we are having a good time with each other. The kids went to their dad's but came home on Christmas noon. We had a lovely dinner (everyone brought something) and all the little cousins enjoyed playing together. We really had a good family time and I am so very thankful.

I have possible good news. The owner of the house I'm interested in renting has told me that I may be able to rent it as early as Jan 15th. I'm really hoping that I will be able to rent it. It is near a dear friend of mine, and the street dead ends next to the house. That means the kids will be able to ride bikes, skate boards ect in the "cove" and be safe. Big back yard, nice wood floors...my dream rental house. Please wish us luck. It would be great to move out of my parents house by Jan 15th!

That's all for now and I'll keep you all updated!

Smiles
That's awesome! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

waiting2bemommy is offline  
#147 of 185 Old 12-27-2009, 02:20 PM
 
cwat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: a loud and happy house in CT
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jyotsna, good luck on the rental house

Waiting2bemommy, sounds like you are in a very bad situation

mama to dd1 17yo, ds1 16yo, ds2 13 yo, and dd2 6yo
cwat is offline  
#148 of 185 Old 12-27-2009, 04:30 PM
 
Satori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Earth, I think, kids say Cybertron
Posts: 7,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Jyotsna, keeping my fingers crossed on the house!

waiting2bemommy, wow, sounds intense, any other options to move out? Almost sounds like a shelter would be a better option


Well mama's, we haven't been doing so hot here lately, I don't want to go into details but its been a rough week and I could use some hugs

Seriously?
Satori is offline  
#149 of 185 Old 12-27-2009, 06:06 PM
 
zebra15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 4,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
Jyotsna, keeping my fingers crossed on the house!

waiting2bemommy, wow, sounds intense, any other options to move out? Almost sounds like a shelter would be a better option


Well mama's, we haven't been doing so hot here lately, I don't want to go into details but its been a rough week and I could use some hugs
Lots of HUGS for you

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

zebra15 is online now  
#150 of 185 Old 12-27-2009, 07:51 PM
 
Leta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ishpeming, MI
Posts: 3,602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hugs to Satori and waiting. I'm hoping things get better for you soon



I have some good news... so good that I'm kinda embarrassed to share... but I'm plowing ahead anyway...

We got $910 in Christmas money this year!

It was VERY unexpected. VERY. (And this was from three grandparents, an uncle, and a parent, so no one person gave us all that money!)

We paid our property taxes and this month's car payment. Probably not exactly what they all had in mind, but...

Trying to turn hearts and minds toward universal healthcare, one post at a time.
Leta is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off