MyPoints and Ebates and Swagbucks and Ruby and.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-27-2009, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How do you keep up with them all? You can't stack rewards (like, My Points and Ebates) right? And am I missing any other good money-making deals online?

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#2 of 10 Old 12-27-2009, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First of all what is Ruby?
I do MyPoints and Swagbucks and have been happy with both programs. I think I have an eBates account, but honestly have never really investigated that much, need to do so for certain.

As for stacking, the only way I've been able to do so, is to make those purchases with my Discover card or my debit card (run thru as a credit card) which both earn rewards as well. Depending on the month, and the "deal" with my Discover card, I will vary as to which will earn me the most rewards/ points/ cash back.

Likewise, I will purchase stuff on eBay thru Mypoints, but am also enrolled in eBay Bucks, so will earn three "rewards" for those purchases.

Points thru Mypoints for clicking thru to eBay, eBay bucks for the purchase on eBay, then purchased with Discover card or debit card run as a credit card, thus points/ rewards on that as well.

I will be watching this thread thou, as I am not very "hard core" about my rewards, but do make an effort when I can.
#3 of 10 Old 12-27-2009, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

This is Ruby:
http://us.beruby.com/

I'll confess I still don't get how it works.

And I'm like you-- I have My Points and Swagbucks and do fine, but haven't worked the other stuff in.

What are ebay bucks? And how did you get your debit card to earn reward points? Thanks!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#4 of 10 Old 12-27-2009, 07:22 PM

eBay bucks:
http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html

I wasn't aware until now that it's invite only... I had an invite, not certain how or why or when I was invited but there was a link someplace in my account to sign up for it, sorry didn't pay much attention to the process.

Debit card.... I bank with Chase, they have have a program called Chase rewards, once again I didn't do much to sign up for it, but I've been signed up for some time now.

I need to check out EBates and will look over the Ruby link as well, thanks!

I also do programs like Inbox Dollars, but will stop that as soon as I cash out again, it's just too much.
I also do Paperbackswap.com -- no really points, but love getting books for "free" in the mail.

Most of these programs also have a referral aspect as well.
Of course, promoting them with specific links here on MDC is not allowed, but friends and such have signed up under my link in the past and I've earned matching points/ swagbucks, free book credits at paperback swap, etc.
I know that has helped me some in the past as well.
#5 of 10 Old 12-27-2009, 07:36 PM

Well, I guess it depends on what you're doing, but you can stack sometimes.

For example, I just joined Swagbucks recently, and managed to get a $5 RedEnvelope gift code when they dropped the sb cost for a day. When I go to use it, I'll be sure to click through to RedEnvelope from MyPoints and get points for the purchase, which will eventually add up to another gift card for somewhere else (amazon.com mostly, as I'm using MyPoints cards to finance upgrading my bathroom and kitchen). If I get lucky, I'll find a discount code or a free shipping code or some such deal which will make it even better all around.

I don't do ebates, though I've heard of it. Is it worth the extra effort to add to the list of rewards programs?

Specialization is for insects. -- Lazarus Long
#6 of 10 Old 12-27-2009, 09:10 PM

I use mypoints and have an ebates account, but never really used it. I must confess, I don't use mypoints as much as I should and have lost out on points for many purchases. Over the years, I have gotten several $25 or $50 gift cards which always help!

I do also utilize reward programs on my CC and pay them off each month.
#7 of 10 Old 12-27-2009, 10:13 PM

I use Ebay Bucks and Swagbucks. I've been happy with just those. I've got enough for about $60 in Amazon gift cards on SB.

Jenn: WOHM to a big girl (7/03), a medium girl (8/07), and a little girl (12/10)
#8 of 10 Old 12-27-2009, 10:31 PM

I use swagbucks....I've done beruby (only for a few days, didn't really seem worth much, get about 4 cents a week); and done mypoints but got tired of the spam, but when I was doing it I used to visit every site in the emails they sent for the 5 points.

One tip with swagbucks.... install & show the toolbar and whenever you go to any other site, instead of typing the name into the usual spot, type it into the swagbucks search spot.

Mom to A 11/06: Researching : to grow our family
#9 of 10 Old 12-27-2009, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I just use mypoints and my bankcard. My bank gives me about $100 a year in free money (not sure if this is changing this year -2010- or not, i have to read the new rules) Depending on my online shopping etc I ususally get anywhere from 50-100 from mypoints. I also do cokepoints and get upload the max on 3 accounts a week which when they reach 1000 points I cash in for a $25 nike gift card.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#10 of 10 Old 12-28-2009, 10:58 AM

I do MyPoints and received a $25 Amazon gift certificate over the summer. I received an invite for the eBay Bucks thing, but I haven't made any purchases so I can't say how good that is.

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page