Spurge for Yourself ;) (Women's winter jacket recommendation) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-04-2010, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, all--the Sears Winter Clearance thread reminded me of seeing this and wanting to pass it on . . .

If any of you are size XS or M regular, or any size petite and need a winter jacket for yourself, you might want to check out this landsend overstock coat.

I bought it last winter when it went into overstock for $20, and I can say that it's the best winter coat I've owned. It's pretty lightweight, but extremely warm. The only negative is that it only falls to high-hip, I wish it was maybe an inch longer.

I wore it through the tail end of a Chicago winter last year, and the winter up to this point this year.
#2 of 9 Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 PM

LOL. We have a Lands End overstock place near me in the chicagoland area. I cannot go in right now because of the good deals. So yes, now is the time to buy a new coat!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#3 of 9 Old 03-04-2010, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
LOL. We have a Lands End overstock place near me in the chicagoland area. I cannot go in right now because of the good deals. So yes, now is the time to buy a new coat!
Where? I'm in Chicago, but, I'm guessing it's out in the 'burbs somewhere? I'd go out there for a $19 jacket like this!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#4 of 9 Old 03-04-2010, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
Where? I'm in Chicago, but, I'm guessing it's out in the 'burbs somewhere? I'd go out there for a $19 jacket like this!
They may or may not have the jackets in the stores--the stores run on their own schedule/pricing that doesn't reflect what is running in online overstocks

The LE Inlet I know about is in Schaumburg by Golf Rd & IL-53/I-290. It's in a strip mall across the street from Woodfield Mall.

BUT if you're in IL, go sign up for the Land's End e-mail list. They send me free shipping codes about 3 times a week. If you don't like the jacket, you can always return it to Sears without paying shipping back.
#5 of 9 Old 03-04-2010, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschick View Post
They may or may not have the jackets in the stores--the stores run on their own schedule/pricing that doesn't reflect what is running in online overstocks

The LE Inlet I know about is in Schaumburg by Golf Rd & IL-53/I-290. It's in a strip mall across the street from Woodfield Mall.

BUT if you're in IL, go sign up for the Land's End e-mail list. They send me free shipping codes about 3 times a week. If you don't like the jacket, you can always return it to Sears without paying shipping back.
That's true. Thanks! I've got a Sears across the street from my office. I should go double check and see whether they have this coat just in case. Too bad I'm not an XS (my SIL is, so, I'm thinking about getting this for her X-Mas gift for next year). And thanks for the info on the location. I've been out that way before and remember the strip you're talking about.

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#6 of 9 Old 03-04-2010, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
That's true. Thanks! I've got a Sears across the street from my office. I should go double check and see whether they have this coat just in case. Too bad I'm not an XS (my SIL is, so, I'm thinking about getting this for her X-Mas gift for next year). And thanks for the info on the location. I've been out that way before and remember the strip you're talking about.
Your Sears location may also have a Lands End computer catalogue setup--basically, a computer via which you can place an online order from the website, and always get free standard shipping (I know the Inlet has this in-store, and I believe my mom says her local Sears also does). So, even if the jacket isn't in stock, you may be able to order it from the site and receiving free shipping without a code.
#7 of 9 Old 03-04-2010, 04:06 PM

Awesome tip! I've been needing to replace my old jacket... just ordered it in orange

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#8 of 9 Old 03-04-2010, 05:17 PM

There is another LE outlet in Lombard at the Yorktown Mall convenience center.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#9 of 9 Old 03-05-2010, 02:31 PM

And another one in Niles, on Dempster, I think. I LOVE the LE Inlet!!! You can also do returns there for anything you buy from the catalog, with no shipping charges.

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page