Safelink Wireless? Lifeline Home Phone Bill Assistance? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-04-2010, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Apparently they're both offered by the same people. Can you have both? How many minutes does a safelink phone have?

Wife to DH (10/2004) ~ Mama to DS (1/2009) ~ belly.gif (11/2011)
#2 of 3 Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 AM

You can have 1 or the other. The safelink cell phone puts min on every month between the 1st and the 3rd and it depends on your state. In Ohio we get 61 min a month and you can add min with a prepaid card. We Use skype for our regular line which is $2.95 a month for unlimited LD through the USA and Canada for the outgoing line and $12 every months or $30 a yr for the incoming line. This disadvantage to skype is your pc has to be online to get a call in unless you forward your calls, but they can leave a voicemail. We never all leave at the same time (ok maybe once in a blue moon) so this isn't an issue for us. You cannot call 911 with skype either, but thats why we got the safelink phone. We have had it for a few weeks now and have only used it once for about 2 min.

I would warn though if your cell phone dependant, it could end up costing a fortune with all the prepaid cards. If not then its a good thing to have in the event of an emergency.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain
#3 of 3 Old 05-04-2010, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for explaining it for me! I ditched my cell phone last year. It was giving me headaches (and it was one with the lowest radiation), and we were a cell phone only family. So, We got a basic home phone for $17 a month, and a prepaid cell phone that I keep in the car in case of emergencies. So, I think a safelink phone would be perfect for us.

Wife to DH (10/2004) ~ Mama to DS (1/2009) ~ belly.gif (11/2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page