"Pillow Pets" versus "My Pillow Pets" - Mothering Forums
Frugality & Finances > "Pillow Pets" versus "My Pillow Pets"
CathMac's Avatar CathMac 02:31 AM 07-20-2010
I debated whether to put this question in Ages and Stages but this is essentially a Consumer Protection question.

Long story short, does anyone know which is the authentic site?

They are virtually identical but the first one seems to include a clip of the TV commercial. The second site is so similar it almost seems like they are affiliated. In fact the "Pillow Pets" site notes that the tag should say "My Pillow Pets".

DD1 really wants one for her B-Day and I'm tempted to pony up the $35.00 at the local mall kiosk but the googling I did suggests that mall kiosks likely have counterfeits.

I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure this out. Help!!

~Cath

neetling's Avatar neetling 04:24 AM 07-20-2010
I think we bought our DD one from the site with the video link. It seemed a little underdeveloped, but it was the one advertised on the commercial. She used her bday money for it and it came fine. It's in nice condition and she loves it. I had no problems with shipping or other errors.

They did try and upsell a ton though. I think you could order another one for less $. Add matching blankets etc. I thought that was annoying.
CathMac's Avatar CathMac 10:50 AM 07-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetling View Post
I think we bought our DD one from the site with the video link. It seemed a little underdeveloped, but it was the one advertised on the commercial. ...
Do you mean the toy was underdeveloped, or the website?

~Cath
mommy2chloerae's Avatar mommy2chloerae 11:11 AM 07-20-2010
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index....S/2254197&sr=1

They don't offer a big variety, but Toys r Us has some. If one of them is the one she wanted you could try there.
Emmeline II's Avatar Emmeline II 12:44 PM 07-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathMac View Post
I debated whether to put this question in Ages and Stages but this is essentially a Consumer Protection question.

Long story short, does anyone know which is the authentic site?

They are virtually identical but the first one seems to include a clip of the TV commercial. The second site is so similar it almost seems like they are affiliated. In fact the "Pillow Pets" site notes that the tag should say "My Pillow Pets".

DD1 really wants one for her B-Day and I'm tempted to pony up the $35.00 at the local mall kiosk but the googling I did suggests that mall kiosks likely have counterfeits.

I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure this out. Help!!

~Cath
It's $19.95 +sh on the website http://www.pillowpetsontv.com/Defaul...=google&bhcp=1
CathMac's Avatar CathMac 01:11 PM 07-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeline II View Post
This does seem to be a legit site, but having done some more research it looks like they have some customer service issues.

I might try picking them up on Ebay from a reliable seller.

~Cath
CathMac's Avatar CathMac 01:12 PM 07-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2chloerae View Post
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index....S/2254197&sr=1

They don't offer a big variety, but Toys r Us has some. If one of them is the one she wanted you could try there.
Great idea. Unfortunately the one I need is out of stock.

~Cath
CathMac's Avatar CathMac 01:16 PM 07-20-2010
For anyone else reading this, I'm pretty convinced that the sites "Pillow Pets" and "My Pillow Pets" are related and there seem to be other related pages floating around out there.

"My Pillow Pets" has other items besides the large pillows but the pillows seem more expensive. But I do notice that you have the option of donating half the proceeds to a particular charity. Or just donating $1.00 to that same charity.

If I'm right, they certainly don't make it easy to distinguish their sites from some of the imitators.

~Cath
neetling's Avatar neetling 02:59 PM 07-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathMac View Post
Do you mean the toy was underdeveloped, or the website?

~Cath
The website.
surrogate's Avatar surrogate 06:33 PM 07-20-2010
they are on amazon! They had most of them.
jeteaa's Avatar jeteaa 11:22 PM 07-20-2010
I just ordered 2 pillow pets from amazon. Many are sold out, but if you can settle for one of the less popular pets, then they have good deals, and some free shipping.
Up