August 2010 low-income support thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 211 Old 08-17-2010, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just out of pure curiosity, I decided to look and see what having another baby would do to our 3% too much income for food stamps situation.... I would never have another baby JUST to be able to qualify BUT we would go from NOT qualifying to $707-$717 a month for food stamps. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! If with one more child I am eligible for an amount I couldn't possibly spend in a month then WHY AM I NOT NOW for a little less?! UGH!!! This system BLOWS! I guess it's a good thing I can't get pregnant easily... because if I was a fertile myrtle, I don't know that I wouldn't be tempted. *bangs head*

Seriously, our grocery bill is not even half of that a month.... GAH!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#62 of 211 Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Hello all! Haven't checked in lately as Ian arrived on 8/11

It seems that all the other paperwork the state wasted time and money on meant nothing. DH's unemployment stated the same for the extension period. I am however STILL fighting with FS. I will call my caseworker today for the 6th time this month. I really understand they are overburrdened but seriously just call me back and tell me what is going on already!!!!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#63 of 211 Old 08-17-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post
Just out of pure curiosity, I decided to look and see what having another baby would do to our 3% too much income for food stamps situation.... I would never have another baby JUST to be able to qualify BUT we would go from NOT qualifying to $707-$717 a month for food stamps. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! If with one more child I am eligible for an amount I couldn't possibly spend in a month then WHY AM I NOT NOW for a little less?! UGH!!! This system BLOWS! I guess it's a good thing I can't get pregnant easily... because if I was a fertile myrtle, I don't know that I wouldn't be tempted. *bangs head*

Seriously, our grocery bill is not even half of that a month.... GAH!
I don't blame you lol

Single mom to 2 boys
#64 of 211 Old 08-17-2010, 06:06 PM

Ok so my update...I cant even remember my last update sorry it this duplicates some of it.

I had a new baby start monday (daycare) yesssss so my income is up enough to be just barely not making ends meet instead of drowning.

I should be getting my school check in the next month. That is 4k, so enough to live off of for a good 6 mos...thank god.

I also met a really nice guy. I thought he would run when he saw me...but he didn't! We just rode dirt roads and talked...and I had the best time! However i decided to ask him what he wanted from a relationship yesterday and I guess that was a bad move...because things have been strange since then.

I have been keeping track of my spending this month and how much I drive in my excel bills spreadsheet...it has made me cut back a good bit and it is nice to SEE where the money goes!

Single mom to 2 boys
#65 of 211 Old 08-17-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post
Ohhh I so hope you are right... This could be the difference in sinking and floating for us.
me too! keep us updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator-mom View Post
Wondering if I can join in here??

Sounds like everyone on this thread is pretty much floating in the same boat I have been for the bast 2 years! Dh and I are both full time students (me in nursing school). Ds is 3 1/2. We live in low income housing, and get FS (though not much because in Utah, they disqualify you if you are a student, but make an exception for just one of you if you have a child). Ds is on medicaid, but Dh and I currently do not qualify for medicaid on account that we have two falling apart cars, even though we make between $200-$500 a month. We pretty much make student loan money stretch to cover all of our expenses..

Just wondering what your experiences with vehicles are? We just had to come up with $500 to fix up dh's car just to get our emissions and safety done so we can re-register this month. Luckily my in-laws pitched in to help there, but I took my car in yesterday to get the oil changed and found out that I have $1350 worth of of repairs in wheel and axel problems that will probably need to be fixed over the next year.

So, just wondering How do you guys handle car issues? Do you go without? Do you have savings to help cover expenses? I have wracked my brain trying to figure out if we can go without one of our cars, but with having to drop ds off at preschool, and my school is 20 miles away, I'd be on the bus all week! Not to mention that my clinicals next semester start at 6:30am, so it would be hard to bus to that as well! Dh's school is not on a convenient bus line either..and our schedules cannot mesh in a way that we can carpool..we're always going opposite directions!

Anyway ((hugs)) to all of you! I know you feel my pain! And I'm sure everyone can use one!
Welcome!!!!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#66 of 211 Old 08-17-2010, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Today is Tuesday and Im trying to make it through the evening with out pulling out my hair. During the day DS and I went to the kids museum and had a great time. Tonight is just stressful... I may log off this silly computer and do some crocheting...

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#67 of 211 Old 08-18-2010, 04:19 PM

Still no CS....Still no tax forms back from x....he's had them for 3 weeks now.
#68 of 211 Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 PM

ugh i feel like crap. I have had the worst cold for going on 2 weeks!! I cant breathe, have the nastiest thick green snot, hacking cough, and just tired...I have no health ins and no money so no visit to the dr for me...just popping tylenol cold like candy and sucking on vitamin c drops hoping it will finally go away...this is awful

Single mom to 2 boys
#69 of 211 Old 08-19-2010, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
the computer randomly tried to die today. Thankfully it just needed cleaned. Hubby starts an online class this week so we DON"T need that. We have a laptop that would work if we had a charger, but that's a hundred bucks we just don't have.

We've been doing comfortably thanks to hubby getting lots of overtime, but that will end soon. Oh well. Thanks to my surveys and such we had money for my daughter to get fall/winter shoes and for us to replace the crockpot that got broken. We're really hoping and keeping our fingers crossed that we can get a jumpstart on getting a "new" car end of this month but I'm not sure that will happen or if we should just wait until the tax season. We do need to buy a crib for the little one, I really want a washer and dryer before she arrives, and savings would be nice. Well, we'll see. Maybe we can just do enough work on the car so it will last until March.

We're getting creative with the food since the fs come in this Sunday. Yay for a trip to Costco! Around here it's pretty hard to eat semi healthy on a budget.
#70 of 211 Old 08-19-2010, 10:44 AM

I'm so frustrated with FS case workers! I have sent in all the forms, (after finally getting them all back from former employers, etc) and they haven't even reopened my case. I try to call them every day, but it's over an hour (or more) wait, and I can't sit on hold that long on my only phone, a cell phone. We've been out of FS for a week and my grocery list keeps getting bigger

On top of that, I've been waiting for my Smith's (Kroger) rebate gift card to come in the mail, and someone misplaced it before I even got it (DH, probably.. he doesn't know how important they are). It was suppose to be around $28.00 which I intended to use to restock up on toothpaste, soap, and other non-food things that we need. I'm really frustrated about it.. do any of you know if I can request a new one?

#71 of 211 Old 08-19-2010, 11:11 AM

lizzy, can you go up there and try to see your caseworker? Or call and ask to speak to their supervisor? I would just keep moving up the chain.

happyhats, check amazon for a laptop charger. I needed a spare one and they had mine for $36 (a genuine one, not one of the cheap burn your house down ones)

Single mom to 2 boys
#72 of 211 Old 08-19-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
lizzy, can you go up there and try to see your caseworker? Or call and ask to speak to their supervisor? I would just keep moving up the chain.
Nope... it's just a call center here, we don't have personal case workers anymore.

#73 of 211 Old 08-19-2010, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Nope... it's just a call center here, we don't have personal case workers anymore.
try call your state ombudsman for FS - they normally help a lot with things like this. They are also good to call if you haven't received benefits within the 30 days set by federal regulations after you apply.

I'm dealing with a DHS issue myself - applied for FS and Medicaid for DD and myself on 8/2, got emergency FS and a letter saying DD was qualified for Medicaid effective 8/1. Mine was still pending as they only can process two cases at a time . I've been trying since right after we applied to get a temp medicaid card for DD so I can schedule checkups and dental appointments, but her medicaid isn't showing effective in the system, with no explanation! I've spent the better part of two weeks on the phone with various people including my caseworker, the regional office, and a supervisor and no one seems to be able to figure out what is the hold up!

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#74 of 211 Old 08-19-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
That is SO frustrating! Our state eliminated caseworkers too...but ultimately that system failed (just like it did in Texas from what I have heard), and now we have a "hybrid" system...which still has glitches but not nearly as bad. With the total automated call center all sorts of paperwork was getting lost, misplaced, etc. There was zero accountibility with how things were processed and it was just a MESS. We lost FS several times even though we were always timely in submitting everything b/c of simple mistakes. You have to be the squeaky wheel and just go up the chain of command. Don't be afraid to file complaints if you have too, or try to call from a friends house if you only have a cell.I know it sucks ...hang in there.

Mama to my tribe
#75 of 211 Old 08-19-2010, 01:54 PM

I finally got ahold of someone today.. I have to fax in yet more paperwork again... I wish they would just give me a list of everything upfront, instead of telling me i need one thing then changing it 2 days later!

We just moved to a new town, so I don't really know anyone well enough to ask if I can use their landline for an hour

#76 of 211 Old 08-19-2010, 03:53 PM

Last month I mentioned that my fs appointment had come and the worker didn't call me, she said she did. She wanted a lease for me but I couldn't provide it. All the sudden yesterday, I tried the ebt and it worked. She approved me without the lease. How about that? We are eating now. I was working so hard to stretch the food I have, and I wasn't eating much either, so the kids would have food. But now we have some food, thankfully.

I am really thankful for the fs. Without it, we may not have proper nutrition.

Otherwise, I have a new birth client, and I am happy about that...as I needed the money.

Btw, those who may be doulas, could you explain how you show your income when dealing with DHS when you don't have a weekly amount?

Vegetarian Hindu, mother to L,P and R. 
#77 of 211 Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'll be on the lookout for a cheaper laptop charger.

Hubby has overtime tomorrow. It sucks as far as him not being home, but the extra money sure comes in handy.

We've decided to get a student loan to get a another car. I was talking to my father about it, and even he said he thought it was the best approach. Now just to look, look, look, at what that money will get us. Hopefully something that will last us until my dh goes through his nursing program and we can finally afford a newish, stable vehicle.

Overall though I feel very blessed.
#78 of 211 Old 08-20-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotsna View Post

Btw, those who may be doulas, could you explain how you show your income when dealing with DHS when you don't have a weekly amount?
I'm not a doula, but I do have really random income. I'm a home health CNA, so my shifts vary week to week. Sometimes I have no hours and sometimes I have too many. I just turn all of my stubs into DWS and they average them. It kind of sucks because if I had a good month followed by a bad month, they will give me FS from the good month (less money) during the time when I have less money. But at least I get something!

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#79 of 211 Old 08-20-2010, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I don't know what we're going to do - we just got our late notice for both electric and water, and none of the local agencies have any funding left. I can pay it next month, but if I do I'll only have $200 to fix the roof with - not enough. So I'm trying to decide what to pay and what to try to wait on.

Still haven't fixed the roof - praying it doesn't rain.

Fingers crossed that my friend sells his movie {he's been asked back to show it at a film festival tonight} as he wants to buy our van, which would pay for the roof.

I'm trying everything I can think of to bring in some income. I sorted out a bunch of books and am going to have a book sale in my garage advertised to the local home school groups. I'm debating if I can get away with having another yard sale too - we just had one in July, and we're only supposed to have one every 3 months.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#80 of 211 Old 08-22-2010, 07:54 PM

Checking back in. I finally got a phone interview appointment with unemployment so I can see if I can collect. Not sure if folks remember or not, but I was falsely accused of theft at my job and I ended up quitting due to co-workers talking about my "guilt". It was so terrible that I just couldn't stomach going back in. I filed unemployment right away but had to wait a week for them to set an appointment to interview me about the circumstances surrounding my quitting. I am so crossing my fingers that I get it. I also found out that unemployment will backdate everything to cover the weeks that are passing since I quit. My interview is on Thursday morning, cross your fingers for me!

I am doing pretty well, I was able to babysit for an aquantaince and earned $60, and then promptly lost her check. I called her up and let her know what had happened and she said she could write me a new one tomorrow, so that will be good. I think I am going to have to pay for her to cancel the old one though.

I still haven't heard back from my landlord (section 8 rent) about my rent going down due to my job loss, but I am assuming I won't owe any rent for September. I also was able to pick up an extra two hour shift at my church which pays super well, so that will help a bit in the beginning of September when we get paid. I also still haven't heard back about food stamps or cash assistance yet but was told that can take a month or more to even get an interview. I am getting a little nervous about how I am going to stay afloat until then and am scouring Craigslist for jobs.

I did splurge today at the mall with a friend and bought DS a long sleeved skeleton shirt at Children's Place for $4.25 though. Totally didn't need it, but it was on sale for nearly thrift store prices and it is crazy cute. No more stores for the rest of this month for me though....

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#81 of 211 Old 08-22-2010, 08:02 PM

i actually hate thrift stores...i was raised on thrift clothing and always got made fun of and ridiculed for having old clothes/clothes that didn't fit. i know its my problem but i still find it hard to want to buy used clothes even in this big city.

OTOH i do pretty well with deals on clothes for the kids. for school i went to walmart and got pants and shirts for $3/ea for dd but couldn't find much for ds. ended up getting 2 $10 off $20 coupons for kohls AND a $10 off $10 for the same dates! ended up spending about $23 for probably $100 worth of clothes (on sale/clearance plus coupon) there's no way to beat the prices! i know its not "resaleable" like nice oshkosh etc but it works for us.

my pell grant went through! i was worried i wouldn't get it till after school started. i might be a day or 2 late in getting my books but its online classes so its ok! thankfully even though the whole grant isn't paid out yet i can catch us up on bills for the most part so we don't have to worry about scraping up $600 for the electric at the last minute.
#82 of 211 Old 08-22-2010, 08:54 PM

yay danielle!

I am waiting on my excess check from school. It cannot come soon enough! I have $300 in the bank, $200 in cash and my ex is late on his child support this month...ugh! I just paid my rent...but i will be getting my light bill next week ($400), and phone bill ($160)

I interviewed friday for another child...went great...parent called saturday and said they got accepted into another daycare in town and chose them instead (they offer a scholorship which is the only reason they have customers...their care SUCKS). It is what it is, but it irked me because she told me she pulled him from the last center because she wanted more 1on1 and then puts him in a center with 2 adults for 20 infants (exaggeration, but still)

UGH! I didnt want another infant anyway and I put it in God's hands on Friday morning...so I feel like it worked out the way it should, but it still ticks me off lol.

Yeah and I went on a date last night...ok, for starters he made me drive then he didnt even take me to dinner...I havent dated in, oh, 7 years....but I thought dinner was normal??? Oh Well

Single mom to 2 boys
#83 of 211 Old 08-22-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinderliter View Post
i actually hate thrift stores...i was raised on thrift clothing and always got made fun of and ridiculed for having old clothes/clothes that didn't fit. i know its my problem but i still find it hard to want to buy used clothes even in this big city.

OTOH i do pretty well with deals on clothes for the kids. for school i went to walmart and got pants and shirts for $3/ea for dd but couldn't find much for ds. ended up getting 2 $10 off $20 coupons for kohls AND a $10 off $10 for the same dates! ended up spending about $23 for probably $100 worth of clothes (on sale/clearance plus coupon) there's no way to beat the prices! i know its not "resaleable" like nice oshkosh etc but it works for us.

my pell grant went through! i was worried i wouldn't get it till after school started. i might be a day or 2 late in getting my books but its online classes so its ok! thankfully even though the whole grant isn't paid out yet i can catch us up on bills for the most part so we don't have to worry about scraping up $600 for the electric at the last minute.
I am a thrift store addict, especially for DS. I think that the area that I live in is not the norm though. I regularly find Children's Place, Gap, Hanna Andersson, Osh Kosh, etc in nearly new condition in his sizes, or the next size up. If just found a lime green fleece Eastern Mountain Sports jacket for him for a dollar at a thrift store and it looks absolutely brand new.

Super great deals on the Kohl's clothing though! I just signed up for their emails and am hoping that translates to receiving their coupons too. I keep hearing about the $10 off a $10 purchase, but have never found one.

Great news about the Pell grant! It is so hard to not know if you are going to make it through to the next month or not with electricity/heat/phone/etc. I am still behind on all of my utilities, but made partial payments and am crossing my fingers that they will be enough to not be shut off until I find a job or unemployment comes through.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#84 of 211 Old 08-22-2010, 10:33 PM

I get really good thrift store finds here too.. I usually get DS1 a full bag full of name brand clothes in good condition for about $20.

I used to get the $10 off $10 coupons when I lived at MIL's but I haven't gotten any since moving to our new place. I also tried to get on a mailing list, but we'll see if that works. I miss those! And I don't want to ask MIL to give them to me!

I haven't gotten my student money yet, but I did rent all my books this semester. I got 5 books for $169!! they would have been $450 from the bookstore! For those taking online classes, I did an online book last semester and LOVED it for my online class. I highly recommend it. And it was only about $40 for the semester.

My sister treated me to a new cut/style a few days ago, my MIL got me some new trendy jeans, and I am going to splurge a teeny tiny bit with the money that I saved with my textbooks and get some new makeup (something I hardly wear but want to try to more often). This is my first time at a real university, I am excited and nervous!!!

#85 of 211 Old 08-22-2010, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Frugalmama- for your books, if you have time go to cashforbooks.net and see if they will pay you anything for the books. I have a whole stack of books and from time to time I will enter the ISBN#'s and they will usually buy a few of them. Last week they bought 3 books and I will be getting a check for $26.00. (thats much better than 1/2 price books) The website lets you print a paid shipping label and everything. If you want paypal they can pay you that way too. I dont know if they buy kids books, never had good luck with that but... maybe one day i'll hit the jackpot.?

When I'm just sitting here it really doesnt take me that long to put in the ISBN numbers and usually I can get lucky with a couple that they didnt want a few weeks ago... its kinda hit or miss LOL.... but hey... basically unemployed I have nothing but TIME.....

I know last month i said I didnt want to use them but... now that I researched the process and actually tried it out... I think I'm hooked...

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#86 of 211 Old 08-23-2010, 03:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So this month so far has blowed. Got a notice they canceled food stamps for to much income because hubby had overtime so I have to take the paperwork in there to get it straight. Then got a canceled notice on the kids medicaid that it was getting canceled due to income limits so need to also get that straight. Daughter had her 5 year old exam and they think she is autistic so we have a therapy appt for that to check and see what is going on.

I am broke, about out of food,no gas and no payday til Thursday sighs. I finally signed up for college just because I know I can get a pell grant and hubby already goes to night school so will get 2 checks for that. Sucky thing is we don't start until January oh well.

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#87 of 211 Old 08-23-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmomma05 View Post
So this month so far has blowed. Got a notice they canceled food stamps for to much income because hubby had overtime so I have to take the paperwork in there to get it straight. Then got a canceled notice on the kids medicaid that it was getting canceled due to income limits so need to also get that straight. Daughter had her 5 year old exam and they think she is autistic so we have a therapy appt for that to check and see what is going on.

I am broke, about out of food,no gas and no payday til Thursday sighs. I finally signed up for college just because I know I can get a pell grant and hubby already goes to night school so will get 2 checks for that. Sucky thing is we don't start until January oh well.
I'm in the same boat.. I am sure we don't make too much, but every time we have to renew they take SOOOOOOOO LOOOOONG to do it! We've been out of FS for over a week, out of money, out of gas, and every thing else for too long. I can't wait to get my grant money! I had to spend DH's paycheck on books and to keep our power on, and my parking pass- which is 90-freakin-dollars. We've been collecting our change for gas money to get to and from work and dropping off/picking up DS1 from preschool.

Speaking of preschool, we are still waiting to find out if we can get financial aid for him.. please cross your fingers for us!!! That would save us so much! This is such a great school, and he loves it!

Good luck at school!!! And hope everything goes well for your DD.

#88 of 211 Old 08-23-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
Frugalmama- for your books, if you have time go to cashforbooks.net and see if they will pay you anything for the books. I have a whole stack of books and from time to time I will enter the ISBN#'s and they will usually buy a few of them. Last week they bought 3 books and I will be getting a check for $26.00. (thats much better than 1/2 price books) The website lets you print a paid shipping label and everything. If you want paypal they can pay you that way too. I dont know if they buy kids books, never had good luck with that but... maybe one day i'll hit the jackpot.?

When I'm just sitting here it really doesnt take me that long to put in the ISBN numbers and usually I can get lucky with a couple that they didnt want a few weeks ago... its kinda hit or miss LOL.... but hey... basically unemployed I have nothing but TIME.....

I know last month i said I didnt want to use them but... now that I researched the process and actually tried it out... I think I'm hooked...
Thanks for that.. I am going to try it! DH took the wrong car today, and it has all my old books in it (the ones I couldn't sell back at the college), maybe that will get me a little bit of $$.

#89 of 211 Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm in the same boat.. I am sure we don't make too much, but every time we have to renew they take SOOOOOOOO LOOOOONG to do it! We've been out of FS for over a week, out of money, out of gas, and every thing else for too long. I can't wait to get my grant money! I had to spend DH's paycheck on books and to keep our power on, and my parking pass- which is 90-freakin-dollars. We've been collecting our change for gas money to get to and from work and dropping off/picking up DS1 from preschool.

Speaking of preschool, we are still waiting to find out if we can get financial aid for him.. please cross your fingers for us!!! That would save us so much! This is such a great school, and he loves it!

Good luck at school!!! And hope everything goes well for your DD.
We are out of everything too it sucks! We got coupons in the mail from when we had Chilis months ago and the food was raw. It was 20.00 in coupons so we ate there and got enough to feed us 4 tonight. I have been working my online job to make gas money and cash out everynight to get it when the light comes on. We lost our food stamps a month ago. Thankfully my girls can get into the free headstart here but I have got to get the 20 pages of paperwork in. I hope things get better for you Lizzy. I bummed 20 bucks off my brother, payday is Thursday, that is the positive. I am putting off my house payment and sadly I don't even give a crap. It will be 2 weeks late oh well.

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#90 of 211 Old 08-23-2010, 08:46 PM

Well, we don't qualify for food stamps but we did find out that we can name my step-kids on the free lunch application so DS will be able to get that this year which will help... so that's some good news. It will be nice not to have to worry about how I am going to afford the measly $10 a week to make sure he gets lunch.

And on another good note, hubby and I had a nice long talk about having another baby... something we've been thinking about for awhile and even though we can't technically afford it right now, I'm going to be 30 in January and DH already has a high schooler so he feels like if we are going to have another one, we should do it NOW instead of waiting until we are better off financially, so I guess I'm poor and TTC... I don't know how comfortable with that I am. I know that another child will allow us to get food stamps but that feels really wrong (even though we are not having another one JUST for the FS benefits...it's a nice benefit) I guess the advice that "if you waited until you could afford one, you would never have one" thing applies here, right? I just have a feeling it's not going to happen anyway though. It took 2 years to get pregnant with DD and we haven't been using BC since she was born.... so if I haven't got pregnant yet, what makes me think we will now that I WANT to? We shall see!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page