August 2010 low-income support thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 211 Old 09-02-2010, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirliknew View Post
I just started ChaCha-ing. Do you find that you make better money on Points or regular pay?
I wouldn't recommend points. If you get in the top they will double your earnings but the pay per question is like .01 or alittle over. You would literally have to work NON stop to get into the points doubling thing. I like to see my actual money at .02 per question.

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#182 of 211 Old 09-02-2010, 05:50 PM

I went to the grocery store and didn't even have enough to get my daughter some bananas/grapes without not being able to buy neccessary things. I couldn't say no tho and spent the 3.00 on the grapes and bananas. In the end I went over and had to put back some staple things I needed. Guess I will be ChaChaing all night just to go back to the grocery store and get the rest.

I also had my college placement test today. I bombed math it was horrible. Whatever tho.I am suppose to start for the mini mester on Sept 20th. Heres to hoping I get in.

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#183 of 211 Old 09-02-2010, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
Wah Hoo! I think I have a job! The woman from the natural parenting company called me and said that they want me part time!! I will make a decent wage for a good company and they also said that the could possibly keep the right person on after the holiday rush. I have an interview tomorrow afternoon and am soooooo crossing my fingers! I actually have two interviews tomorrow, so I am pretty sure I will be employed by next week!

Does anyone know what you do about unemployment when you find a job? I am still waiting to hear about whether I will receive UE or not. If I get a job, does all of that $$ just go away? Or do I still get it, even though I will now have a job? I am behind on all of my bills from not having income for almost a month now, and it is going to take quite a while to play catch up once I do have a job. So hoping that I still get the backpay from UE.
Congrats on the job!!!

I think you have to report the job in your weekly UE reporting, don't you? I've never got UE, but my DH had to report every week. I think the money rolls over until "next" time you are unemployed.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#184 of 211 Old 09-02-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmomma05 View Post

I also had my college placement test today. I bombed math it was horrible. Whatever tho.I am suppose to start for the mini mester on Sept 20th. Heres to hoping I get in.
Don't worry about the math.. it's pretty common not to remember most of it. I was in one of the lowest math classes, then when I transferred to the university it wouldn't transfer, so I have to start all over!

#185 of 211 Old 09-02-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianthe View Post
Don't worry about the math.. it's pretty common not to remember most of it. I was in one of the lowest math classes, then when I transferred to the university it wouldn't transfer, so I have to start all over!
Yea I will be taking the lowest they offer.I am terrible at math anyways. I am Math 060 I think Intro to mathematics? haha

#186 of 211 Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Congrats on the job!!!

I think you have to report the job in your weekly UE reporting, don't you? I've never got UE, but my DH had to report every week. I think the money rolls over until "next" time you are unemployed.
Thanks! I just got a letter from UE though saying I was denied. That means that the $600 that I was counting on to get caught up on bills is not coming. I have no idea how I am going to make it through without my utilities being shut off. If I get a new job, it will be at least a week or two before I have a paycheck on hand, and by then some of my utilities will be shut off. My landlord will not allow utilities to be shut off, and will start eviction proceedings if the utilities try to shut you off. I am definitely getting scared...

I think I am going to try to list some things on Craigslist tomorrow to at least keep the utility folks at bay for another week or two. I also need to go on Monday if I don't have work next week and beg at a few churches and community aid organizations to help me out with bills. Not a fun place to be in.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#187 of 211 Old 09-02-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks! I just got a letter from UE though saying I was denied. That means that the $600 that I was counting on to get caught up on bills is not coming. I have no idea how I am going to make it through without my utilities being shut off. If I get a new job, it will be at least a week or two before I have a paycheck on hand, and by then some of my utilities will be shut off. My landlord will not allow utilities to be shut off, and will start eviction proceedings if the utilities try to shut you off. I am definitely getting scared...

I think I am going to try to list some things on Craigslist tomorrow to at least keep the utility folks at bay for another week or two. I also need to go on Monday if I don't have work next week and beg at a few churches and community aid organizations to help me out with bills. Not a fun place to be in.

Will your utilities work with you? If you call them and tell them you just started a new job and need to delay payment for a few weeks until you get your first paycheck, they will usually work with you! Hope things get better really fast!

#188 of 211 Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
AngelBee, I feel you. I found out I was pregnant about a week after dh lost his jobs. So now we get foodstamps and stuff, but it's really embarassing for me, especially when I go shopping and have all the kids with me and I'm obviously pregnant (8.5 months!) I can't really justify turning it down though when it's such a huge help right now (especially the fs). I just hope we're in a better spot next year. and congrats on the pregnancy!!
Thanks. I am going to do it. Otherwise my children will seriously turn into pieces of toast.....main staple lately.

Thank you all for the support. It means the world to me right now.

Congrats on your little one too. You get to meet him soon!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#189 of 211 Old 09-03-2010, 12:28 PM

So upcoming bills.....need a miracle

Rent for Aug and Sept 1210.00 total
1500 for the Parenting Consultant by Wed
300 for a laptop (actually less. we have no computer right now for homeschool. Been borrowing and that is not often)
Studio rent 550 for sept
400 loan payment due end of sept I think
Need 125.00 plus gas for a manditory trip in 2 and a half weeks

That is off of the top of my head. Income in so far this week? 85.00 and 65.00 of it is spent.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#190 of 211 Old 09-03-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:

I am sorry you were denied I am currently trying to sell stuff on ebay and craigslist with no bite I hope you can see some stuff.

#191 of 211 Old 09-03-2010, 06:42 PM

Well, we got news about my husband's disability case. It's not an approval, or a denial, but it's good news. They want him to go to a doctor of their choice for a thorough eye exam. My mother-in-law thinks this is a really good think "because any competent eye doctor can easily see he's blind and it will never get better". Plus, they pay for it (and they pay for the ride there & back), it's in two weeks, so I'm thinking our disability case should be settled soon.

And my hubby is going to donate plasma tomorrow because we are completely broke. He woke me up at 4 this morning to tell me we're screwed. That after we pay rent this week we have NO money left. (He got his paycheck direct deposited at like 4 this morning). Which means we have no gas money for the 250+ miles I have to drive in a week. I am getting an extra $15 tomorrow from selling a baby bed (she already paid me most of the money and just owes me this much more). So we still need at least $20 to make it, more if we don't want to eat beans and rice everyday until the 9th when FS come in. I posted a wish on wishuponahero for $35/gas but I doubt I will get anything.

Single mama to DS8 and DD4. Feminist. Queer. Atheist. Poly. Full-time poli sci and econ student.
#192 of 211 Old 09-03-2010, 07:38 PM

Today is a good day (sort of) for me.. I won a $25 amazon gift card on swagbucks this morning

I finally got ahold of Smith's about not getting my rewards points gift cert, and they said that my points from last quarter rolled over because of my address change, but they credited me $15.00 right on to my rewards card to use in the store! Plus I get my points that where missed on my next card yay! Those rewards help us soooo much! They are the only way we can buy toothpaste and laundry soap!

#193 of 211 Old 09-03-2010, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Tomorrow is DS b'day. All I have left to get is a cake and I can get that with FS. He wants to go out to dinner and I have a GC for that too. He is getting 2 mega lego sets ($$$) and a couple little things. At this point I dont even want to think about the holidays but they are coming fast.

I hope to get up to the outlet mall on Monday. Also his gap.com order arrived today... If I'm lucky the pants I ordered during the sale will fit.

My 'baby' is going to be 10. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#194 of 211 Old 09-03-2010, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I was lucky today in the mail - I got 2 $5 GCs to Academy Sports - no idea what I'm going to get but hey it's $10 to work with!

DD's birthday in next week is covered - I got a Thomas cake last month at Walmart on clearance and it's sitting the freezer, two DVD's new from the thrift {leapfrog ones and she loves them} and food is of course covered thanks to FS. It's not going to be much, and just family, but it's the thought that counts right?

We're still broke, roof still isn't fixed, and it's been raining like crazy. I know the damage must be getting worse, but there just isn't anything I can do about it. I've managed to come up with $1000 towards the repairs after carefully not paying bills, but it's not enough and I don't have anything left to sell.

Still waiting on DD and my medicaid - called the State ombudsman who looked into it, and apparently the worker never finished DD's case after giving me her eligibility letter and never even filed mine. So now I have to wait 10 business days to hear from them, and if I haven't heard back then call the state ombudsman again.

I'm so sick of being poor.....

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#195 of 211 Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 PM

I got a job! I ended up taking the job with the natural parenting company, even though the nannying job would have paid slightly more. It looks like the NP company will likely lead to a permanent position, and the pay is $10 per hour, which is FANTASTIC for around here right now.

On a more stressful note, I have my name in at a housing co-op in town and I so want to move in. They have a few Section 8 apartments, so I theoretically could move there. I just found out that there is a good chance an apartment is coming available in a couple of months but I now don't know if I can do it or not. I would have to come up with either around $3K for the buy-in, or take out a loan to pay it off as soon as I can. I would also need to likely pay rent at both places for at least one month, which would be market rate for at least one of them for the month. I also need to get rid of a TON of stuff so that moving is easier. I also don't have access to a truck, so I can't move without renting a truck, or hiring movers. I am just so stressed. I haven't worked in nearly a month, my new job starts next week, but my bills are all behind. I am starting to freak out a bit...

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#196 of 211 Old 09-04-2010, 03:03 AM

I ended up selling my camera on ebay for like $107 which I could of got alot more but I need the money now! My husband is working another side job tomorrow so at least $30-$40 from that and the guy found out our microwave died so said he had another one waiting for hubby to get in morning. We also have this very old piece of equipment sitting in our back yard for 3 years now that the previous people left and my dad sold that for me also. I am not sure how much I will get but anything is better than nothing. Mom is taking me and the oldest to Olive Garden tomorrow for lunch because I cleaned her house for her. Yay for that too.

#197 of 211 Old 09-04-2010, 11:49 AM

I woke up to 2 offers to donate to my Paypal. Very unexpected. Thanks!
Now, I only need to come up with $21. I think it's possible, especially since DH is going to TRY to donate plasma today.

Life is looking up, slowly but surely.

Single mama to DS8 and DD4. Feminist. Queer. Atheist. Poly. Full-time poli sci and econ student.
#198 of 211 Old 09-04-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I woke up to 2 offers to donate to my Paypal. Very unexpected. Thanks!
Now, I only need to come up with $21. I think it's possible, especially since DH is going to TRY to donate plasma today.

Life is looking up, slowly but surely.
I hope you can come up with the rest hun. Good luck! YVW btw!!

#199 of 211 Old 09-04-2010, 03:23 PM

You know that song "Something's gotta wrong cause I'm feeling way too damn good?" Yeah, I feel like that a lot. lol

There was a miscommunication between the landlord and me. We moved in on a special, so our first and second month was discounted. I thought we needed $225 for this month and I really needed $285.

And my husband went to donate plasma today and asked me to come in to do the paperwork for him (he can't see well enough to do it) I had my two kids with me like always and they wouldn't let me in the building with them, I explained that I was leaving as soon as the paperwork was done, was there maybe anyway if I couldn't come inside the building that he could bring the paperwork outside? No. Okay, well can you guys help him with the paperwork? No, we're too busy.

So, we lost out on $50 too because I don't have anybody who can watch my kids.

Back to square one.

#200 of 211 Old 09-06-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
You know that song "Something's gotta wrong cause I'm feeling way too damn good?" Yeah, I feel like that a lot. lol

There was a miscommunication between the landlord and me. We moved in on a special, so our first and second month was discounted. I thought we needed $225 for this month and I really needed $285.

And my husband went to donate plasma today and asked me to come in to do the paperwork for him (he can't see well enough to do it) I had my two kids with me like always and they wouldn't let me in the building with them, I explained that I was leaving as soon as the paperwork was done, was there maybe anyway if I couldn't come inside the building that he could bring the paperwork outside? No. Okay, well can you guys help him with the paperwork? No, we're too busy.

So, we lost out on $50 too because I don't have anybody who can watch my kids.

Back to square one.
Did they say why they wouldn't let your kids in? That just sounds so wrong to me. I would be absolutely livid! Also, did you talk to your landlord to see if they can extend the rent special for another month? Maybe tell them that you are having trouble this month and maybe they can help out some? I am so sorry things are looking so bad right now.

I am so beyond stressed out right now. If I end up moving, it could be as soon as December 1, which would be such terrible timing. I really don't want to say no, but it is just going to be so crazy, impossibly hard. First of all, the weather is very likely to be terrible. Cold, wet, snowy. Moving is not fun, but I have never moved an entire household in the middle of winter. Second, I just don't have any extra money right now. I am so stressed about even getting caught up on my utilities. I had a few Christmas presents stashed away for DS, but it is not much at all. I am thinking at this point that he will likely end up being put on the charity type of gift lists. I just can't afford anything extra now. I have a Little Tykes easel that I bought at a yard sale two years ago for $5 in the basement that will be his "big" gift, but no art supplies to go in it. Not even paper to clip to it. I am starting my new job on Tuesday, but with the utilities all back logged, and needing to come up with nearly $1K by the first of December, I have absolutely nothing to spare. I spent $11 on DS's Halloween costume fabric today, and I was hyperventilating all the way home. I am going to try to sell things on Craigslist starting tomorrow, but am not feeling too hopeful about that. I HATE this!

Oh, and I babysat for a friend a couple of weeks ago, and I lost the check she wrote for me. I admitted that I had lost it and offered to pay for the stop payment. She said she didn't want to stop payment and would write me another check, and still hasn't. I don't want to ask for the money because she is a good friend and I don't usually charge friends to babysit, but she knows I am in a tight financial spot. I don't know how to bring it up again, but could soooooooo use the money right now.

#201 of 211 Old 09-06-2010, 02:00 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Did they say why they wouldn't let your kids in? That just sounds so wrong to me. I would be absolutely livid! Also, did you talk to your landlord to see if they can extend the rent special for another month? Maybe tell them that you are having trouble this month and maybe they can help out some? I am so sorry things are looking so bad right now.

I am so beyond stressed out right now. If I end up moving, it could be as soon as December 1, which would be such terrible timing. I really don't want to say no, but it is just going to be so crazy, impossibly hard. First of all, the weather is very likely to be terrible. Cold, wet, snowy. Moving is not fun, but I have never moved an entire household in the middle of winter. Second, I just don't have any extra money right now. I am so stressed about even getting caught up on my utilities. I had a few Christmas presents stashed away for DS, but it is not much at all. I am thinking at this point that he will likely end up being put on the charity type of gift lists. I just can't afford anything extra now. I have a Little Tykes easel that I bought at a yard sale two years ago for $5 in the basement that will be his "big" gift, but no art supplies to go in it. Not even paper to clip to it. I am starting my new job on Tuesday, but with the utilities all back logged, and needing to come up with nearly $1K by the first of December, I have absolutely nothing to spare. I spent $11 on DS's Halloween costume fabric today, and I was hyperventilating all the way home. I am going to try to sell things on Craigslist starting tomorrow, but am not feeling too hopeful about that. I HATE this!

Oh, and I babysat for a friend a couple of weeks ago, and I lost the check she wrote for me. I admitted that I had lost it and offered to pay for the stop payment. She said she didn't want to stop payment and would write me another check, and still hasn't. I don't want to ask for the money because she is a good friend and I don't usually charge friends to babysit, but she knows I am in a tight financial spot. I don't know how to bring it up again, but could soooooooo use the money right now.

Congrats on the new job...you are very lucky to have found something so soon. If I was in your position, I probably wouldn't move. The timing just sounds bad, Money, weather, holidays... just not good IMO. *I* would want to take the time and $ to focus on my son and the holidays (I love the holidays, and really loved them when he was little).

I hope I can get 3-4 days of subbing this week, I really need the income. I hate relying on unemployment. I want to be self sufficient so badly its not funny. I have a freaking masters degree plus now a teaching certificate... there is no reason for this!

The reason the PP couldnt get into the plasma place w. her kids is: many 'research' places do not allow anyone under the age of 18 inside. The reason does not matter, its a liability and insurance reason. Also the paperwork can not leave the building- again liability and security reasons. Sometimes it seems unfair but privacy and liabilities tend to rule the medical field.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#202 of 211 Old 09-06-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
Congrats on the new job...you are very lucky to have found something so soon. If I was in your position, I probably wouldn't move. The timing just sounds bad, Money, weather, holidays... just not good IMO. *I* would want to take the time and $ to focus on my son and the holidays (I love the holidays, and really loved them when he was little).

I hope I can get 3-4 days of subbing this week, I really need the income. I hate relying on unemployment. I want to be self sufficient so badly its not funny. I have a freaking masters degree plus now a teaching certificate... there is no reason for this!

The reason the PP couldnt get into the plasma place w. her kids is: many 'research' places do not allow anyone under the age of 18 inside. The reason does not matter, its a liability and insurance reason. Also the paperwork can not leave the building- again liability and security reasons. Sometimes it seems unfair but privacy and liabilities tend to rule the medical field.
Part of me wants to say no to moving, but the apartment I am living in is so scary lately, I was assaulted about a week ago by a neighbor while my son looked on. Granted, she is now being evicted, but I am terrified of who might be moving in. Her behavior is pretty typical of the residents around here, unfortunately. I also stress out about the kids that DS is playing with here. There are so many who think it is perfectly fine to beat on each other, swear, leave trash everywhere, etc and the parents will do absolutely nothing, even if they see it. I have had DS over at the new place to play with the kids there, and the parenting attitudes are completely different. Parents are outside with their children, the kids are much less aggressive, and the entire community is much smaller.

I also have a neighbor who is regularly raving drunk, as in running through the courtyard screaming obscenities at the top of her lungs "I'M F***ING DRUNK AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!" was my favorite one last time she started up. Two other neighbors have kids that they are regularly yelling at/hitting/calling "stupid". One neighbor's little girl who is DS's age has frequently come up to him, pulled her pants down and grabbed his hands or his head to check out her bare bottom. I am scared of her mama, so I haven't said anything to her, but I just try to not let DS play with that particular child.

The office of the landlord here is so horrible. They NEVER let you forget that you are living in low income housing because you are poor and because you are poor, you are much less of a human being than everyone else, especially the employees of the office. They have well paying jobs, and you don't, so you are pretty much worthless. I want to vomit or sit down and cry every time I have an interaction with anyone at the office. I try to avoid them, but I can't always and it just leaves me feeling so badly about myself. From the four families that I know at the new place, none of these things happen there. I just so want to live in a place that I can feel safe, respected, and with my dignity intact.

#203 of 211 Old 09-06-2010, 05:20 PM

Pumpkin- IMHO, I actually think the move would be good for you. It sounds like a great community, and perhaps you will be able to find a good support system. It will be hard, but also worth it.

If you remember, I moved an hour north, by myself and 2 kids, while my DH was working out of town for a couple months. If little-ol-me can do it with 2 kids and an absent DH, you can do it with just the 2 of you!

#204 of 211 Old 09-06-2010, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Pumpkin- IMHO, I actually think the move would be good for you. It sounds like a great community, and perhaps you will be able to find a good support system. It will be hard, but also worth it.

If you remember, I moved an hour north, by myself and 2 kids, while my DH was working out of town for a couple months. If little-ol-me can do it with 2 kids and an absent DH, you can do it with just the 2 of you!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#205 of 211 Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:

Thanks so much. I know I can make everything else work out, but I am so worried about the financial piece of it. I need to have at least $1K saved by December 1st at the earliest, or possibly January 1st if they don't get the apartment ready in time. That is just so soon. 2 short months. I am not sure if I will have to pay rent for November here, but I won't owe anything for October. I will have all of my bills except for heat, as my heating assistance just kicked in. I will still have internet, cell phone, electricity, two credit cards, car insurance and DS's preschool. I am behind on almost everything, so it will be a catch-up game between now and then and also saving every single penny I possibly can. I just about started hyperventilating when I spent $11 yesterday.

I am stressed every time I need to use my car, because I know I am chewing up the gas in the tank. I also have an oil leak, or am burning oil pretty badly, as I have to put a quart of oil in at least every other week lately. So, so, so stressed about that car repair. There is a chance I could get help with it through the state, because I need my car for my job, but my appointment with them is on Friday while I am supposed to be at work. I am going to try to call tomorrow to see if I can get a different time, but they don't like to change appointment times. I am also stressing out about moving into an apartment on December 1st and then losing my job a few days before Christmas. They did say that it could end then, and that would be pretty miserable.

#206 of 211 Old 09-07-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Thanks so much. I know I can make everything else work out, but I am so worried about the financial piece of it. I need to have at least $1K saved by December 1st at the earliest, or possibly January 1st if they don't get the apartment ready in time. That is just so soon. 2 short months. I am not sure if I will have to pay rent for November here, but I won't owe anything for October. I will have all of my bills except for heat, as my heating assistance just kicked in. I will still have internet, cell phone, electricity, two credit cards, car insurance and DS's preschool. I am behind on almost everything, so it will be a catch-up game between now and then and also saving every single penny I possibly can. I just about started hyperventilating when I spent $11 yesterday.

I am stressed every time I need to use my car, because I know I am chewing up the gas in the tank. I also have an oil leak, or am burning oil pretty badly, as I have to put a quart of oil in at least every other week lately. So, so, so stressed about that car repair. There is a chance I could get help with it through the state, because I need my car for my job, but my appointment with them is on Friday while I am supposed to be at work. I am going to try to call tomorrow to see if I can get a different time, but they don't like to change appointment times. I am also stressing out about moving into an apartment on December 1st and then losing my job a few days before Christmas. They did say that it could end then, and that would be pretty miserable.
We did get help moving from the LDS church (whom our parents are members of, but not us). They also, from time to time, help with other stuff like car repairs, paying rent and bills, food and toiletries.. not sure if you ever looked into that, but wanted to put that out there.

#207 of 211 Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I just popped two loaves of chocolate chip banana bread into the fridge. Now I have one egg left and less than a cup of sugar. I will get more eggs tomorrow thanks to wic, but sugar might be waiting until payday.

Hubby dropped off paperwork for food stamp recertification but he wasn't able to stay for an interview because it was so slammed. It took him an hour to the get to the window! He was on his way home from class.

I really hope they call or else he/we will have to go sit there for as long as it takes Friday. Depends on if he has overtime since it is close to his job. Our dhs office is not dependable on calling for interviews, or having paperwork together, etc. Not fun. Thankfully he will get his school loan disbursement and his grant refund end of month so we'll be able to eat.

I have another ultrasound end of this month, and hopefully we'll find out if we are adding a boy or girl to our family. If we are having a boy we need a lot more clothes than we have now! We have some gender neutral sleepers and onesies for newborn/early infant stage, and a couple pairs of jeans and socks. That's about it. We will need winter gear, older infant clothes, the works. At least we have all the baby gear/big stuff gender neutral. I saved all of my daughter's nice outfits she's outgrown so they will be consigned if this is a little guy.

Going to go count change. We have just enough gas to get to the wic office, and I'd like to go to the thrift shop. I haven't been in SOO long. We're bringing some banana bread and tea/lemonade in the car. It's a forty minute drive usually and might be even longer since our car is no longer highway safe. Thank goodness a "new" car is in our future once hubby gets his school funds-the poor clunker is about to die any day.
#208 of 211 Old 09-07-2010, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Still no word from my caseworker on DD's and my medicaid. I have to give them until close of business on the 10th, but I'm not seeing any action so far.

Had another big storm today {Tropical Storm Hermine} and lots of small limbs down but thankfully nothing on the roof so far. We really need to get these trees cut down. Lots of rain in the storm too - and the roof is still not fixed. I hate to think of the damage it's doing to it.

Our thrift shop had it's half off sale on Labor day, and I managed to score some shirts for me {plus size is so hard to find used around here} and a heavy winter coat for DD. Coats are very hard to find in good condition used here since it doesn't get all that cold here {normally 30's is the lowest it gets}. Since we walk everywhere though or take the city bus it means dressing warmer since you often have to wait 20+ minutes at the bus stop in the cold weather.

We've got WIC on Saturday, and then DD's birthday is Sunday. Not looking forward to going to WIC very much, but it's her last year on it and we need the help.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#209 of 211 Old 09-08-2010, 12:15 AM

I have WIC tomorrow which is about 30 miles away 2-3 towns over. I have no gas my gas light is on actually. I am working on ChaCha all night just to have enough gas for tomorrow because I can't do without wic any longer. Oh well. Payday is Thursday even tho it is maxed out.

#210 of 211 Old 09-08-2010, 01:09 AM

Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind if I move us over to September. I keep looking for it.

Vegetarian Hindu, mother to L,P and R. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page