frugal holiday ideas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2010, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know, Dave Ramsey says not to take a holiday until you have paid off all debt. We are NOT going to make it that long. I have some more holiday time this year and I want to use it. My kids are at home with my dp and so a staycation isn't really much of a vacation for us. But we have virtually no extra cash. So does anyone have any ideas for a free or cheap weeklong vacation we can take???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
CAMP!!! We were actually planning a camping trip out of state until the obvious occurred to me--Why not explore some closer campgrounds and save money we would've spent on a couple of tanks of gas? Colorado's pretty, but it's no more exotic than here!

If camping is an option for you, STOCK UP on the non-perishables (e.g. granola bars) that you'd spend an arm and a leg for tourist-town grocers.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Old 08-03-2010, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agree, when my husband came home for 3 weeks of his year long tour in S. Korea when he was military, we were totally stapped for cash, but we were able to borrow a tent and camp down the Oregon coast for two weeks, for about $20 a day. We stayed in national parks because their fees were dirt cheap, and we borrowed an air mattress so it was pretty comfy and stuck to free entertainment like seeing light houses, or just relaxing on the beach. We made our own meals on the fire pit and it was super reasonable.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!

User Tag List