Swag Bucks- daily average earned from net searching - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 08-20-2010, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! I am new to Swag Bucks and I am trying to set a daily goal for myself. I really don't think I will actively refer anyone, so I am more interested in knowing, in your experience, roughly how many points you can earn on a daily basis based on your internet searching alone. Like, so far today I've earned 12 I think. I think yesterday I earned closer to 20...not sure if that's good or super low?

Thanks for the help!!!

Jamie from Indiana, , Baby #1- Nolan Michael born December 9th, 2010
#2 of 31 Old 08-20-2010, 12:13 PM

I usually get at least one hit a day, sometimes that is 6, sometimes 20, one time 59. I do the daily poll too. For me swagbucks is a nice perk for doing what I would already do. But trying to earn is work for me and $10 a month in amazon cards is not worth actually working, for me.
#3 of 31 Old 08-20-2010, 02:00 PM

I average 20-30 per day. The toolbar, poll and checking surveys each day net me 1 each and I get 3 searches a day. The toolbar really does make everything easier, there are often codes given out in the blog or by message from The Swag Guy which are conveniently bookmarked for you.
#4 of 31 Old 08-20-2010, 02:30 PM

Searching alone...probably 30ish? I do lots of offers (free ones) too. I'm hoarding the Amazon gift cards I'm earning for holiday gifts!

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#5 of 31 Old 08-20-2010, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

thanks mamas! So, have you found anything that seems to really work for you? I mean for me, I haven't been trying or going out of my way really. I'll end up needing to search something and if my first search didn't reap me any bucks, I'll try a few more in that sitting....

But it just seems so random when I actually earn. Is it like that for you? I'd love any insider tips you might have! I have been doing the surveys also (though I never qualify- grrr)

Also, in your experience, does it matter if it's the same websites? Like, I use it to go to Gmail, TMZ, and people.com like every day- eventually will I never get points for that?

Jamie from Indiana, , Baby #1- Nolan Michael born December 9th, 2010
#6 of 31 Old 08-20-2010, 05:38 PM

I usually earn 30-40ish by myself and sometimes my referrals bump me up. I search for everything. Like when I come here to MDC, I use the toolbar and search for it.

I do the daily polls and such, but hardly any offers. I seem to ear 1-2 $5 amazon cards a month. Though that will drop when my referral swagbucks get maxed.
#7 of 31 Old 08-20-2010, 05:43 PM

Mmm, usually I get my search bucks in the morning, afternoon and evening, maybe 6 or so hours apart? One tip I've learned from another thread here is to sometimes purposely misspell whatever you're looking for. I've gotten SB a few times that way.
#8 of 31 Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 PM

I think it is random. And they check on you sometimes to see if you are actually paying attention, you have to fill in code or stuff like that. I've been a member since last December and probably made about $90 in gc from amazon. I think I got points more quickly with the old system.
#9 of 31 Old 08-20-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy912 View Post
thanks mamas! So, have you found anything that seems to really work for you?
You need minions. Lots of people signed up at your link! Let THEM earn for you. I earned a bazillion SBs when I had a ton of new sign-ups. I'm done pestering my friends but it helped me get an awesome new cookware set and some other Amazon goodies!
#10 of 31 Old 08-21-2010, 11:29 AM

How long does it take to verify? I just turned in my first 450 points for the Amazon gift card. Don't yet know what I'm going to do with it.
#11 of 31 Old 08-21-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lilsweetfoxes View Post
How long does it take to verify? I just turned in my first 450 points for the Amazon gift card. Don't yet know what I'm going to do with it.
It's been running a week or so for me.
#12 of 31 Old 08-21-2010, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I usually get 20-30 SB a day from searches. I've referred a couple people, too, right now I think I'm averaging about $20 in amazon giftcards a month, and it takes about a week for them to clear in my account.

DEFINITELY get some people referred, you get a lot from that!
#13 of 31 Old 08-21-2010, 08:13 PM

This is the first I've heard of Swag Bucks. Looks like those of you on this thread could benefit from helping me get started, so can someone please give me info? Thanks!
#14 of 31 Old 08-21-2010, 08:14 PM

Please be sure to PM it rather than post it here, which would be against the User Agreement.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#15 of 31 Old 08-26-2010, 04:55 PM

Since I first registered 06/29/10 my swag buck balance is 1111. I have not cashed in any bucks yet.
#16 of 31 Old 08-26-2010, 06:38 PM

probably 20-50 on my own... referrals help, and an occasional survey. I have been getting $25/m in $5 amazon cards (the max you can get in $5 increments)

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#17 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 12:38 AM

Totally hijacking, but I don't see any other threads related to Swagbucks, so can I ask this here?

What kind of rewards do you guys cash in for? I saw on tv that a lady said she's saving up for a trip to Disney with her SBs, but I dont' see anything in the Swagstore that looks like airfare or travel points? I'd love to save up for a trip that way if it's possible!

Anyone save serious money by doing SB?

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#18 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akichan View Post
Totally hijacking, but I don't see any other threads related to Swagbucks, so can I ask this here?

What kind of rewards do you guys cash in for? I saw on tv that a lady said she's saving up for a trip to Disney with her SBs, but I dont' see anything in the Swagstore that looks like airfare or travel points? I'd love to save up for a trip that way if it's possible!

Anyone save serious money by doing SB?
They have Southwest Airlines e-gift cards and Travelocity hotel e-gift cards, maybe that's what she's using?
#19 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akichan View Post
What kind of rewards do you guys cash in for?
I use mine for Amazon gift cards like many others. I average a $5 gift card every 20 days or so, but I don't really have any referrals so thus my low total. On average I would say I get 20 SB's a day from average searching, and will occasionally get the codes issued in the blog, facebook or the like. Along with 1 SB a day for ahving the toolbar, and 1 SB a day for doing the daily poll.

I've been a member for aa little over a year, and have cashed in for 22 $5 gift cards so far.

Right now I have $50 in Amazon gift cards, getting ready to buy something soon.

Sure, it's not crazy mad money, but it's basically free for very little extra effort on my side, and it's fun to buy stuff at Amazon and have it delivered right to my door when I've basically done nothing other than normal web searches to get them.
#20 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I earn about 30-40 swagbucks per day total with doing the special offers page and daily poll and such. When they brought out the surveys and you got points for the profile stuff, I earned all that. Basically it's not much but I get about 2 amazon gift cards per month. So far I've racked up about $60 worth of gift cards. Bought a cheesemaking kit and two kleen kanteen style metal cups for my kids for no cash. And my dad and I have made 6 batches of cheese so far and it's delicious and it's a lot of fun to make. Don't think I'e ever laughed so hard in my life. So swagbucks is definitely worth it to me.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#21 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 03:48 PM

Without putting a whole lot of effort into it, I would say I average about $25 in Amazon gift cards a month as well.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#22 of 31 Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 PM

wow, annettemarie! That's a LOT of SBs! I average 2 Amazon $5 GCs per month, usually less. What's your secret?

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#23 of 31 Old 08-31-2010, 08:59 PM

I like to search? Seriously, I don't know. I think a lot of it has to do with homeschooling, to be honest. I keep the laptop open all day and look things up often. I have the toolbar installed and always use the Swagbucks search engine first.

#24 of 31 Old 09-01-2010, 10:12 AM

Can someone send me a referral for it?

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#25 of 31 Old 09-01-2010, 10:20 AM

Oops. Sorry.
#26 of 31 Old 09-01-2010, 10:50 AM

Can someone refer me too? I already do MyPoints stuff, but I wouldn't mind checking this out too. Thanks!

ETA: Got some PMs, thank you!

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#27 of 31 Old 09-01-2010, 04:04 PM

Looks interesting
#28 of 31 Old 09-01-2010, 04:24 PM

Please remember that you may not refer people, or drop hints that you would refer people by telling them you'll PM them, or ask specific people to refer you on the thread. As I said before, that's considered advertising because someone stands to benefit financially, and is against the rules. If you've done it, please edit.

#29 of 31 Old 09-02-2010, 12:14 AM

I average about 30-50 bucks a day. I have also found that if I misspell something in the search and fix it, it results in a win. Its happened more times than not. I don't purposefully do it but I often do it by mistake!

I have one referral but haven't had any bucks from it. Anyone know if you have to wait till they get 1000 and then they match it for you? I can't seem to get any info on it in the FAQ's.

Oh and the surveys can be SO frustrating. I've only qualified for a handful.....

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#30 of 31 Old 09-02-2010, 02:38 PM

I use my rewards for Amazon gift cards $5 gift card=450 sw bucks
I usually get to redeem my points every month or 2. I do not search that much. I also do the polls.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page