This doesn't make sense to me...help! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 62 Old 09-10-2010, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for your advice...sorry that this became such a fire-starter thread
I seriously just wanted advice/BTDT experience, etc...

We decided as an extended family for me to enroll in school.
I took the full loan amount for this semester and my parents are helping out with childcare.

While "Plan B" does seem expensive, my degree will allow me to continue working at the job that I'm currently at but receive more pay. I'll also have my teaching certificate. (Student loans can be forgiven for teaching in a low-income area, which there are many in our metro area. Not that I'm counting on this, but its a possibility)

A Plan C of online or night/weekend classes just doesn't work for me in my chosen field (education) due to the need to student teach and gain classroom hours.

I'll be working on PT evenings/weekends and on J-term and summer break with summer classes as well. We're anticipating to need less loan money each semester as DH builds his portfolio at work and I work more during the off-school months.

The good things is that we have some saved and will be opening a TRIO account! Thanks for the link

I'm sure that I'll be a F&F regular as I learn to re-negotiate living like a student on a very tight budget.

Thanks all

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#62 of 62 Old 09-10-2010, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so I ask again, can someone explain this TRIO info to me? I don't know how I'm not understanding this.

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page