~~September No-Spend Thread~~ We're in the HOME STRETCH....you can do it Mamas! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
I have a job!
Congratulations Kim!!

Why do you have to move? Is it for the job?

#122 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

My house is a crazy-loud zoo with three small children, so every weekend day I take one of the older girls to a bookstore for a few hours to read and play board games in the cafe and have quiet time with Mom. I always buy something at the cafe (a cup of coffee, a cookie, hot chocolate) because I feel like I should support the business since we are using space at their tables and spending HOURS at their store.

It is definitely unnecessary spending, but my Dad was a small-business owner and I know their retail space is not "free" so I budget this spending into my no-spend goals -- there are a least four days a month where I'm giving money to Starbucks.

BUT...then I went to JoAnn's fabrics because I'm thinking about getting a sewing machine and that was some serious shopping. I didn't buy anything, but definitely that broke the SOS goal.

01.. $4.99 Danish for party, SOS
02.. $45 fair food
03.. , SOS
04.. $5 Starbucks

My goals:

1/20 No Spend Days
0/10 Let the Car Rest Days
2/20 Stay Out of the Stores SOS (this includes on-line shopping)

#123 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post
Congratulations Kim!!

Why do you have to move? Is it for the job?
No, not for the job. There is a chance that an housing co-op that I really want to move into will have an open unit within the next few months and I am toward the top of the waiting list. I need to actually get a call from them first before I know for sure, but it would be such a great move for us. We would easily be there for the next 10-15 years. I am sooooooooo crossing my fingers that it works out!

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#124 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 09:39 AM

1. Spent the day with my sisters and only spent money that I had set aside in August for the day ($20.00). I also had enough left over from the $20.00 to cover supper with DH.
3. Grocery shopping day. I spent more than normal for a two-week period but I'm trying to stock up for when the baby comes so I'm not too concerned.
4. Spent money. Didn't buy anything foolish...it just all added up to way more than I wanted it to.

Key:
Complete No Spend Day:
No Unplanned Debit Card Use:
Budgeted Spending:

Tracking:
Complete No Spend Days: 1/10
No Unplanned Debit Card Use Days: 3/15
Dining Out: 1/10
Groceries: $134.87/$290.00

babyf.gifborn 25 September 2010
#125 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollysmom View Post
September
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
Awesome work!

*sigh* I'm not happy with Saturday. I didn't exercise and we spent more $ than I intended. We had several large purchases budgeted for the weekend, the last "moving into a new house" expenses but somehow we keep finding more that we need. So, beside the planned expenses we spent money for a couple more food items to round out my meal planning for the next week and some flashlights. The flashlights are for emergency preparedness in our new home and likely important as we head into winter but I am so frustrated by all the unseen expenses in our cross-country move. I also spent money on some kitchen storage containers which will be handy but again I should have resisted. Let's see, I'll track like this:

Food items: $3.02 + $3

(editing to add the $3 in candy bars we bought from a neighborhood girl for her band fundraiser)

Unplanned spending: $51.45

Meals Out: 0/2
Ice Cream 0/1
Week-Day Car Days 2/8
No-Spend 1/15
Budget $72.44/$400
Exercise 2/30

Unplanned Spending: $51.45

The only good news is that I did talk DH out of a meal out.

M :, wife to P :, Proud new mama to N
#126 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I am joining late. This is a huge spending month for us. I made the final payment on a house repair, I paid my student fees and we paid for residency applications for an international move next year. I am also paying daycare this month while I am in class.

Add all of that up....and we are now broke! Like really broke. Dh and I went over the budget and he was gasping for air. We have no money to spend this month.

I have 158.78 for food till next pay day which is in 13 days. That's it... my total ability to spend money. We have rice, beans, a CSA share each week and a decent amount of food in the fridge. We will be keeping it cheap and staying home a lot this month.

We are staying home today -- dh is scraping the bathroom walls to keep busy and get a project done. The walls will need some plaster repair and paint, but I think we have enough supplies do finish the job without buying anything.

I am studying this morning, cleaning the upstairs, taking a run and getting the kids to the playground. All free and wonderful.

I have split pea soup made for dinner and I'll grill a couple sausages. Lunch will be black beans and corn tortillas. Fresh salsa from the garden. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Sept 4 --
Sept 5 --
Sept 6
Sept 7
Sept 8
Sept 9

Remaining grocery money -- 158.78

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#127 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 11:06 AM

Key:
No-spend day:
Only planned/necessary spending:
Unnecessary spending:

Grocery spending goal: $0/$200

9/1: ($100 on housewarming gift--yes, they're VERY good friends; $46 on a new power cord for my laptop, because my old one is nearly kaput)
9/2:
9/3: Spent $45 on gas for the car, $10 on a b-day gift, and $10 on wrapping supplies for b-day and housewarming gifts--all planned spending. I successfully managed to avoid buying drinks for the kids/Starbucks for me after a long park visit, so I'm proud of that!
9/4: Only planned spending today (picking up some needed school supply items at Office Depot), and less than I planned to boot (never made it to Staples).
9/5:
9/6:

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#128 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 12:09 PM

31. $2 admission, $1.50 ice cream, $1.50 coffee, $4.75 meat on a stick, $3 bus fare, $22 ride wrist band

2. $2 donation to museum, my dad bought all treats at the fair!
3. grocery $84 Not bad, got some fruit for dry for school treats

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#129 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
I always buy something at the cafe (a cup of coffee, a cookie, hot chocolate) because I feel like I should support the business since we are using space at their tables and spending HOURS at their store.

It is definitely unnecessary spending, but my Dad was a small-business owner and I know their retail space is not "free" so I budget this spending into my no-spend goals -- there are a least four days a month where I'm giving money to Starbucks.
It's a hard issue, isn't it? A lot of my involvements (e.g. I'm on the Board for a non-profit and a member of knitting group) require coffee shop meetings, and I don't want to feel like a freeloader by using their space without buying anything.

On the one hand, I know that the profit margin on those lattes is ridiculous. Fifty cents to upgrade to soy??? A dollar fifty to pass hot water through two tablespoons of ground coffee? Pull-ease! And then there's the tip...

But I also know about the business overhead; those giant espresso machines probably pay for a year of tuition at a private college!

Since I'm paying in cash more, I'm storing all of my coins in a little change purse that I just knitted. I consider that my "coffee shop fund." I try to discipline myself to get just black coffee, and I do NOT feel guilty bringing in my own little snack if they only have sugary pastries.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#130 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 01:33 PM

1: $280 Costco
2: $65 Groceries, $30 raincoat for DD
3: $15 HFS - sugar & teething tablets for DS
4: no spend, finally!

$390/500

NOT a good start to the month. I guess I know what I need to budget for a bare pantry next time. That raincoat was slightly unnecessary but it was 1/2 price, high quality, and a size 4-5 (DD is just outgrowing 3T) so should be good into next year.

I went through a lot of kids' clothes and outerwear this week and realized that they probably don't have enough for the winter. Their b-days are both coming up in November/December so hopefully they can wait that long.
#131 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 04:09 PM

September

1: £2.50 for the bus
2: £82/400 for groceries
3: £3.60 for the bus, £3.95 uniform exchange, £102.50/400 groceries
4. first no-spend, yay!
5. £3 for coffee and ice cream at the park (last day before back-to-school!) & £60 budgeted purchase

This is getting easier!
#132 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 04:22 PM

Purchased fabric for DS's Halloween costume at JoAnn's today. I was totally planning to just "look" and that is always the beginning of the end. I did really well though and only spent $11.50 for everything to turn him into an elephant. I also bought DS a chocolate milk at the McDonald's drive through. I had a friend with me who desperately wanted a coffee and DS won't let me go through the drive through without at least something for him. I also forgot to bring DS's RedBox DVD back until today. Grrrr....

2. $1.07 Redbox DVD (hung laundry out today!)
3. $.75 on a bottle of water. I forgot my EBT card at home and had to pay cash.
4. $3.19 on garbage bags, used dryer and didn't use up any canned goods. *sigh*
5. $11.50 at JoAnn's, $1 at McDonald's, $2.14 Redbox DVD

Goals:
1/20 no spend days
1/10 stay home days
9/30 Cans of stockpile food eaten
create and start using an envelope system
4/30 not use the dryer (actually haven't used it at all in over a month already
2/25 not use the a/c (my apartment is obscenely hot upstairs)

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#133 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 05:19 PM

1: $94 diapers
2: $38 eating out
3:
4:
5: family went to the fair, I don't have a total, but it was a good day and is one of our only 'traditions'

For those thinking about the overhead for coffee shops, it is huge! I wokr for an in dependent one, and our espresso machine cost $15K and it only pours 2 shots at a time! I know in our case, the build out costs of the space my boss rents were astronomical, so even though we do a good business, there isn't much if anything left over.

It may not be much, but I know a lot of places discount if you bring your own mug, so that can help a little.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#134 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 09:33 PM

= No spend day.
= budgeted spend
= made my own dang coffee and didn't buy it at Dunkin
= unbudgeted spend
= all meals homecooked

September:
1.) Didn't spend a dime of my own today! Got a tattoo, but it was a present from my mom. And, and, And I got $9.00 back on bras that I returned.
2.) Gas, rent. And my a/c blew so, even though it was 96 degrees, I saved money. S.O.S
3.) Got garlic bread ($1.50) from the take-out place when everyone ordered lunch at work yesterday. But, most of my lunch was from home. for a Phillies game. We knew we were gonna to blow some bucks on parking and grub.
4.) $5.54 on groceries.
5.) S.O.S Forgot to bring DH's lunch when we went to meet him today so he had to buy something small, but he got a big discount. I don't track his spending, though. I used the lunch I packed and forgot for dinner instead.

Goals:
$5.54/$200 grocery
2/25 meals cooked at home/bagged lunches
2/5 dine-out days
2/15 S.O.S - stay out of store.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#135 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 09:43 PM

1. Spent the day with my sisters and only spent money that I had set aside in August for the day ($20.00). I also had enough left over from the $20.00 to cover supper with DH.
3. Grocery shopping day. I spent more than normal for a two-week period but I'm trying to stock up for when the baby comes so I'm not too concerned.
4. Spent money. Didn't buy anything foolish...it just all added up to way more than I wanted it to.

Key:
Complete No Spend Day:
No Unplanned Debit Card Use:
Budgeted Spending:

Tracking:
Complete No Spend Days: 2/10
No Unplanned Debit Card Use Days: 3/15
Dining Out: 1/10
Groceries: $134.87/$290.00

babyf.gifborn 25 September 2010
#136 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
On the one hand, I know that the profit margin on those lattes is ridiculous. Fifty cents to upgrade to soy??? A dollar fifty to pass hot water through two tablespoons of ground coffee? Pull-ease! And then there's the tip...

But I also know about the business overhead; those giant espresso machines probably pay for a year of tuition at a private college!
Plus, in most coffee shops, the coffee is the only thing they really can mark up and sell. Apparently it's average for more than half of all of the pastries & extras to be tossed daily.

We spend a lot of time at a local coffee shop. I've complained to the members of a board I'm on because there are 10 of us, and I'm usually the only one to buy anything. It's just rude to take up a huge table and not spend. I'd say 9 times out of 10 I'm in there I buy something. Plus DH pretty much keeps them in business (and thinks I don't know, but every time I'm there, the baristas say "oh, I saw your husband this morning" or "your husband was telling me about..."), so I don't feel guilty when I occasionally go in and buy nothing.

It's us: DH , DS ; DD ; and me . Also there's the . And the 3 . I . Oh, and .
#137 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 09:49 PM

1: $27 - I bombed on the first day out. We ended up out longer than we thought and ate out. Still, $27 isn't an awful price for dinner for all of us. We ate at a local place.

2:

3: We spent lots today, but it all was planned. Totals: $260 groceries; $50 oil for car; $36 fundraising lunch; $500 bills; $10 kids' allowances, $27 household supplies.

4:

5:

Key:
- No Spend
- Planned Spend
- Unplanned Spend
- Worked on a Goal

3/10 No Spend Days

Yay! We're on a roll! We had a big family talk about $, and we're all trying not to spend anything right now. We have a hike and picnic planned tomorrow. If we take the dog, we have to get her a new leash, but I'm really trying to get DH to agree not to take her (not because of the leash!).

It's us: DH , DS ; DD ; and me . Also there's the . And the 3 . I . Oh, and .
#138 of 413 Old 09-05-2010, 10:34 PM

September
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

My Goals:

5/20 No Spend Days
Track Unnecessary spending $0
#139 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 02:12 AM

Argh!!! Such an annoying day, financially. The expensive housewarming gift we bought for friends (a Wii) seems to be broken, and now I have to deal with exchanging it and I'm bummed that my friends didn't get to keep their gift We did get a free lunch at a fancy restaurant and free dinner at the friend's house, but DD and I barely touched our lunch at the restaurant and we were SO looking forward to eating our meals tomorrow. Then we left our friend's house in a hurry and left our "doggy bags" in their fridge! Totally kicking myself...

Key:
No-spend day:
Only planned/necessary spending:
Unnecessary spending:

Grocery spending goal: $0/$200

9/1: ($100 on housewarming gift--yes, they're VERY good friends; $46 on a new power cord for my laptop, because my old one is nearly kaput)
9/2:
9/3: Spent $45 on gas for the car, $10 on a b-day gift, and $10 on wrapping supplies for b-day and housewarming gifts--all planned spending. I successfully managed to avoid buying drinks for the kids/Starbucks for me after a long park visit, so I'm proud of that!
9/4: Only planned spending today (picking up some needed school supply items at Office Depot), and less than I planned to boot (never made it to Staples).
9/5: Spent an extra $15 on champagne that we could have done without and $6 on scratch-off lottery tix for us when buying for grandmother's b-day card. Not a smart day
9/6:

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#140 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Grrrrr... Where is my resolve????

I went into HomeGoods -- which is my NEMESIS -- with my daughter yesterday. I was carrying around a stuffed turkey for the mantle, a wooden carved Halloween Owl, and a soup toureen with fall leaves on it when I realized -- what is this ~~CRAZINESS~~?????

And I put it all back. Seriously, can I not live without a stuffed animal perched on the fireplace?

I could not come on this thread and post that I broke my spending freeze because of a wooden owl and a stuffed turkey.

01.. $4.99 Danish for party, SOS
02.. $45 fair food
03.. , SOS
04.. $5 Starbucks
05.. $5 Again with the Starbucks

My goals:

1/20 No Spend Days
0/10 Let the Car Rest Days
2/20 Stay Out of the Stores SOS (this includes on-line shopping)

#141 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
No, not for the job. There is a chance that an housing co-op that I really want to move into will have an open unit within the next few months and I am toward the top of the waiting list.
Yeah!!!! Good luck!!!! And look at you, hottie Mama, up there at the top of the thread. That is a GREAT picture of you, MDCer of the month!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
the last "moving into a new house" expenses but somehow we keep finding more that we need. The flashlights are for emergency preparedness in our new home and likely important as we head into winter but I am so frustrated by all the unseen expenses in our cross-country move.
Moving is always SO expensive. Lots of unforeseen costs. We've moved a lot in the past several years and it always suprises me.

Another use for the flashlights -- one of my friends introduced me to the idea of flashlights as clean-up tools. Her daughter hates to pick up her room, but if she turns off the lights and hands her a flashlight she'll stay in there and pick up until all the dominoes are gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post
Add all of that up....and we are now broke! Like really broke. Dh and I went over the budget and he was gasping for air. We have no money to spend this month.
Yeah Ruth!!! I was missing you. It is not the no-spend thread without you on here. Oh I'm broke too. Stuffed turkeys and wooden owls aside, we literally have $56 in the bank until DH gets paid on the 15th. It is self-imposed brokeness. I sent off an extra mortgage payment bright and early this month because if it is not in the bank, I can't squander it. Fingers crossed this works because otherwise things are going to be tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
It's a hard issue, isn't it? I try to discipline myself to get just black coffee, and I do NOT feel guilty bringing in my own little snack if they only have sugary pastries.
Isn't that the truth?! I try to discipline myself and get only hot cinnamon spice tea, which is under $2...but lately discipline has been lagging and I've become addicted to fancy espresso drinks. I should do like you and go back to the black coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina_yyc View Post
I went through a lot of kids' clothes and outerwear this week and realized that they probably don't have enough for the winter. Their b-days are both coming up in November/December so hopefully they can wait that long.
I think $30 is a good price for a raincoat that can be worn into next year. Raincoats last a good long time. I had to do the clothing inventory last month too. And we had to go buy some fill-ins for their wardrobe too. I figure that is a necessity. Kids grow. I have to remember to budget for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post
For those thinking about the overhead for coffee shops, it is huge! I wokr for an in dependent one, and our espresso machine cost $15K and it only pours 2 shots at a time! I know in our case, the build out costs of the space my boss rents were astronomical, so even though we do a good business, there isn't much if anything left over.
This is a Starbucks, so a national chain, BUT they are in a Barnes and Noble and I don't know if you guys have been following this in the news but B&N is HURTING financially. People just don't buy books in brick and mortar stores as much anymore (electronic books and the internet are making more money) so all the bookstores -- even the big boxstore chains -- are taking big hits. I don't want this store to go out of business!!!! So I'm giving them my money. I need them to stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionaryMom View Post
We spend a lot of time at a local coffee shop. I've complained to the members of a board I'm on because there are 10 of us, and I'm usually the only one to buy anything. It's just rude to take up a huge table and not spend
I'm glad you said something. You are doing the right thing by that shop. Even if it is a national chain, the person who manages it and the people who work in it and often the person who owns the franchise are local individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissel View Post
Argh!!! Such an annoying day, financially. The expensive housewarming gift we bought for friends (a Wii) seems to be broken,
Grrrr! That IS frustrating!

#142 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Yeah!!!! Good luck!!!! And look at you, hottie Mama, up there at the top of the thread. That is a GREAT picture of you, MDCer of the month!!!

I was super excited when they asked me, but it is absolutely official. I spend WAAAAAYYYYYY too much time on here. Plus it comes with a free print subscription, which is fabulous!

#143 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Yeah Ruth!!! I was missing you. It is not the no-spend thread without you on here. Oh I'm broke too. Stuffed turkeys and wooden owls aside, we literally have $56 in the bank until DH gets paid on the 15th. It is self-imposed brokeness. I sent off an extra mortgage payment bright and early this month because if it is not in the bank, I can't squander it. Fingers crossed this works because otherwise things are going to be tight.
Awwww.....thanks, Prudence. Sending an extra mortgage payment? That's fantastic!! That is my dream when I am done with school and working again. In the meantime, I will join you in living cheap. We will be eating a lot of rice and beans while I limp my way towards an RN. So, no buying anything!

Yesterday went fabulously well. Dh kept working in the bathroom. I think we might actually get that project done! Hooray. We have been living with a half-completed bathroom for ages.

I cleared out the fridge and made a meal plan for the week. I can get by while buying very little this week. I have one chicken and a dozen eggs. I'll need to buy cheese, corn tortillas, and a few fruits and veggies.

Our meals this week:

Turkey meatloaf, potatoes
Frittata
Chicken, potatoes, random veggie from freezer
Rice and red lentils
Split pea soup
Chicken enchiladas
Black bean tostadas

I think we pack a lunch and go to the beach today. We have been home for the past few days and could use a family day to celebrate the end of summer.

Sept 4 --
Sept 5 --
Sept 6
Sept 7
Sept 8
Sept 9

Remaining grocery money -- 158.78

#144 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 09:52 AM

Ooooooo....just came in from the garden. I found 6 huge, gorgeous butternut squashes. My absolute favorites. Looks like a nice batch of soup coming my way. I love free food!

Also, a huge mess of basil to make pesto and I found a large number of tomatoes that will be ripe in the next day or two. I think I will have enough to make can another batch of spaghetti sauce.

I might not need my total grocery budget.

#145 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:

I might not need my total grocery budget.
This is my dream. Actually, my dream is to lower my grocery budget and then not need the whole thing!!

Sunday: no spend!!!
and I got in some good exercise!

Meals Out: 0/2
Ice Cream 0/1
Week-Day Car Days 2/8
No-Spend 2/15
Budget $72.44/$400
Exercise 3/30

Unplanned Spending: $51.45

M :, wife to P :, Proud new mama to N
#146 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 12:11 PM

1: $2.67 book.
2: $11.03 for dinner. $29.76 for groceries. $50 in savings.
3: Took out $40 for weekend cash. Weekends are usually big spends for us so hopefully this will help. $25.59 @ Target, diapers (need) and tool (want). At least is was 1/2 off.
4: $25.66 for groceries. Mostly stuff for a party we were invited too. This $350 grocery thing might not happen.
5: no spend!
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

$55.42/350 groceries
#147 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 12:19 PM

KEY:

= No spend
= Necessary/budgeted spending
= Unnecessary/-non-budgeted spending

1: Paid phone bill
2: $82.00 in groceries!!!!! (I didn't think I was capable! ) and $8.58 for budgeted lunch out with family. $20.00 used jammies for DD, shoes for kids.
3: $15.00 on a rocking horse. Trouble with garage sales is that you can still do unnecessary spending and justify it because it's cheap. .

Took out $200.00 cash for an upcoming road trip. I'll try to track stuff while I'm gone!
4: $25.00 gas, $3.00 "obligatory" purchases to justify using gas station bathrooms.
5: Although to be fair, my spendthrift MIL insists on buying us EVERYTHING!!
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#148 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Ooooooo....just came in from the garden. I found 6 huge, gorgeous butternut squashes. My absolute favorites. Looks like a nice batch of soup coming my way. I love free food!
And I love butternut bisque, roasted butternut with maple syrup drizzled over it, butternut biscuits.....lucky lady! You have something so cheap yet so "gourmet."

#149 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 01:35 PM

September

1: £2.50 for the bus
2: £82 for groceries
3: £3.60 for the bus, £3.95 uniform exchange, £20.50 groceries
4. first no-spend, yay!
5. £3 for coffee and ice cream at the park (last day before back-to-school!) & £60 budgeted purchase
6. £3.60 for the bus, £2.75 for ice cream and coffee at the park, £1.50 for DD's school swimcap, £6.40 for groceries for tonight's dinner. Today's total: £14.25

Remaining grocery fund: £291.10

Haven't eaten out in 11 days, yay!

Key:

No-spend day:
No eating out:
#150 of 413 Old 09-06-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollysmom View Post
September
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

My Goals:

5/20 No Spend Days
Track Unnecessary spending $0
Hollysmom has this zen no-spend business down pat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page