Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Time to move! Carry on!

Vegetarian Hindu, mother to L,P and R. 
#2 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 01:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks!

I faxed all the missing paperwork to the wonderful lady as the fs office I talked to the other day but I was never able to get ahold of her to confirm she recieved it. The call center number was busy (WTH!!) all 15 times I tried today. Hopefully she got it and will take care of it for us.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#3 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 03:08 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Thanks!

I faxed all the missing paperwork to the wonderful lady as the fs office I talked to the other day but I was never able to get ahold of her to confirm she recieved it. The call center number was busy (WTH!!) all 15 times I tried today. Hopefully she got it and will take care of it for us.
Of course the DES call center was busy. Monday was a holiday so they have double the calls today, plus all the weekend calls... you didnt think they would be able to help did you LOL...

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#4 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 08:50 AM

good morning. Checked my bank account and my school money is there. Why is it I feel MORE stressed now...ugh. Esp since that money has to last me til tax time! I just spent $300 paying off some of my credit cards...since i have been kinda relying on them til the money posted. I have 500 cash to pay my lights and I am gonna go ahead and pay octobers rent. The light bill payment will put me paying this month and half of next (or 3/4 depending) I lucked out last month and used a TON of water since it was hot and we are outside all day...but turns out my meter was broken! They had to install a new one last week! So I got all that water for no extra money lol.

Bad news, my niece, who is enrolled in my daycare was exposed to LICE. UGH! The little girl that lives next door to them got sent home from daycare with lice. Now I am freaked out! My sister said she checked her and we washed everything she comes in contact with last night, but now i feel paranoid...if I had a lice outbreak I could lose my entire business....*sigh* something else to worry about.

Single mom to 2 boys
#5 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I ended up not being able to work enough to get gas money to make it to WIC. I cancelled my appt and rescheduled which they happened to reschedule for tomorrow morning. I told the lady I can't get there until Friday since I have no money. Oh well dad brung over $10 for me so now I can make it there. I am working all day again to help hubby pay some bills.

I sold my camera Saturday morning, USPS is closed on Saturdays here and it was a holiday Monday and I didn't have the funds yesterday or today to send it out. I plan to send it out tomorrow but I am praying I don't get a - feedback. At this point oh well if I do not much I can do about it. Gotta throw something together for dinner tonight. life isn't so bright right now lol.

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#6 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 02:07 PM

Hey everybody. Doesn't seem like there is even anyone here that used to be when I really frequented this thread. In any case, I just realised today that i havent been on MDC in about 8 months! Anyway, I am in my 20's and a full time college student, with 2 children and 1 in the oven. The little one's dad left recently and I am having a really hard time dealing with it financially as well as emotionally. I am due mid-november having a homebirth and I am actually terrified to give birth without him there. He is a bit younger than me and is mostly in denial and the way he sees it, he has no obligation whatsoever to the child until after it is born and he "knows" its his. So, consequently, I have to provide everything for the new little one myself. Luckily I have pretty good sewing skills so I've got clothes, diapers, anything I can sew pretty well covered. He told me he'd acquired a crib, but has now cut off all means of me contacting him and I don't even really know why. Doesn't matter as I wouldnt be using a crib much until at least about 6 months. By then I could get one on my own. Not to mention he recently broke my window which I just had to pay for but I am hoping the courts will require he reimburse me. Additionally, I live in a really crappy and expensive studio apartment because I have a poor rental history. I haven't had a working oven the entire time i've lived here (range works but not the oven),had my window broken it took 2 and a half weeks for them to fix it and I still had to pay for it. my sink leaks, and when I I've been living here 8 months now and was hoping to pay off the $1500 debt that is preventing me from living somewhere better. A combination of summer quarter (less college grants and loans availible) and him leaving things have been really tight. I am actually currently receiving tanf, which helps even though it is a very small amount of money. It allowed me to be able to pay my rent the past 3 months. I am very much looking forward to fall quarter starting on the 20th. I will have more money than I have in a long time, well pretty much ever really. However, I am quite sure that I have to pay childcare out of pocket again, which will eat up most of that. I got state paid childcare over the summer as I was doing job search but now that I am in my third trimester and not doing job search I don't think I can get it anymore. It really irritates me that my state doesn't offer chilcare assistance for full time college students only. One must also be working at least 20 hours a week to qualify for childcare. I just cant do it. As it is, I stopped job search a bit more than a week before I was supposed to because I was vomiting from stress. It was just too much for me. And of course, the older kiddos dad absolutely refuses to help me pay for childcare at all. He is supposed to pay child support but hasn't at all in the nearly 3 years that we haven't been together. Its exceedingly frustrating to me that he gets to sit on his parent's cough and do nothing but drink beer all day, and I have very little family support and have no choice but to support myself and the kids no matter how hard it may be. He pretty much thinks I have nothing to complain about just because he takes the kids on weekends. Though I'm glad to have that time free, I still provide most of their food while they are there, which isn't a real problem thanks to food stamps but it's the principle of the matter, the fact that he can't even provide food while they are there. I even gave his dad $50 just to pick the kids up from preschool for two weeks when I had a class that I was still in when they needed picked up. I try not to make a big deal out of money, but its really frustrating because their household has more income than I do and I have more expenses in general but I still have to do things like pay them for a small favor and buy most of the kid's food while they are there. I'm calling DSHS today to find out for sure about that childcare thing. If I can still get state pay, that would leave me with definately enough to pay off the debt so I can move. I'm not thrilled about haveing 3 children in this tiny apartment where everything is practically falling apart. Anyways, that was kinda long and ranty, but I know you all get the being poor thing.

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!
#7 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 03:30 PM

Got together receipts and paperwork. Going to a dentist appt with the kids where I will see their dad. Going to hand him the packet for the past week quietly. I don't want to discuss it in front of the kids.

Paid car ins today. Now I am broke until Friday payday. Most of that is for fixed bills though. Crossing my fingers that the ex actually reimburses me for this stuff soon. He is responsible for 75% of the daycare and DD's dance stuff.
#8 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannienicole View Post
Got together receipts and paperwork. Going to a dentist appt with the kids where I will see their dad. Going to hand him the packet for the past week quietly. I don't want to discuss it in front of the kids.

Paid car ins today. Now I am broke until Friday payday. Most of that is for fixed bills though. Crossing my fingers that the ex actually reimburses me for this stuff soon. He is responsible for 75% of the daycare and DD's dance stuff.
Be sure to make copies for yourself in case he "loses" them.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#9 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural_mama89 View Post
Hey everybody. Doesn't seem like there is even anyone here that used to be when I really frequented this thread. In any case, I just realised today that i havent been on MDC in about 8 months! Anyway, I am in my 20's and a full time college student, with 2 children and 1 in the oven. The little one's dad left recently and I am having a really hard time dealing with it financially as well as emotionally. I am due mid-november having a homebirth and I am actually terrified to give birth without him there. He is a bit younger than me and is mostly in denial and the way he sees it, he has no obligation whatsoever to the child until after it is born and he "knows" its his. So, consequently, I have to provide everything for the new little one myself. Luckily I have pretty good sewing skills so I've got clothes, diapers, anything I can sew pretty well covered. He told me he'd acquired a crib, but has now cut off all means of me contacting him and I don't even really know why. Doesn't matter as I wouldnt be using a crib much until at least about 6 months. By then I could get one on my own. Not to mention he recently broke my window which I just had to pay for but I am hoping the courts will require he reimburse me. Additionally, I live in a really crappy and expensive studio apartment because I have a poor rental history. I haven't had a working oven the entire time i've lived here (range works but not the oven),had my window broken it took 2 and a half weeks for them to fix it and I still had to pay for it. my sink leaks, and when I I've been living here 8 months now and was hoping to pay off the $1500 debt that is preventing me from living somewhere better. A combination of summer quarter (less college grants and loans availible) and him leaving things have been really tight. I am actually currently receiving tanf, which helps even though it is a very small amount of money. It allowed me to be able to pay my rent the past 3 months. I am very much looking forward to fall quarter starting on the 20th. I will have more money than I have in a long time, well pretty much ever really. However, I am quite sure that I have to pay childcare out of pocket again, which will eat up most of that. I got state paid childcare over the summer as I was doing job search but now that I am in my third trimester and not doing job search I don't think I can get it anymore. It really irritates me that my state doesn't offer chilcare assistance for full time college students only. One must also be working at least 20 hours a week to qualify for childcare. I just cant do it. As it is, I stopped job search a bit more than a week before I was supposed to because I was vomiting from stress. It was just too much for me. And of course, the older kiddos dad absolutely refuses to help me pay for childcare at all. He is supposed to pay child support but hasn't at all in the nearly 3 years that we haven't been together. Its exceedingly frustrating to me that he gets to sit on his parent's cough and do nothing but drink beer all day, and I have very little family support and have no choice but to support myself and the kids no matter how hard it may be. He pretty much thinks I have nothing to complain about just because he takes the kids on weekends. Though I'm glad to have that time free, I still provide most of their food while they are there, which isn't a real problem thanks to food stamps but it's the principle of the matter, the fact that he can't even provide food while they are there. I even gave his dad $50 just to pick the kids up from preschool for two weeks when I had a class that I was still in when they needed picked up. I try not to make a big deal out of money, but its really frustrating because their household has more income than I do and I have more expenses in general but I still have to do things like pay them for a small favor and buy most of the kid's food while they are there. I'm calling DSHS today to find out for sure about that childcare thing. If I can still get state pay, that would leave me with definately enough to pay off the debt so I can move. I'm not thrilled about haveing 3 children in this tiny apartment where everything is practically falling apart. Anyways, that was kinda long and ranty, but I know you all get the being poor thing.
I remember you.. (I changed my name, so you probably wouldn't recognize me, lol).. sorry things are going so poorly for your right now I lost my FS because of being a FT student- which I think is ridiculous! It makes no sense to me that someone who is trying to get a good education so that they are better off financially, and really do not have the ability to work outside of school and being a parent, get cut off from food!

-----------

I got a call today about getting my kids into respite childcare.. which is a free program in our little college town, where kids come in to the childcare center for 2-3 hours per week, so the parents can get a break and use the time for whatever they need. I will be using mine for study time! I have been stressing out how I am going to find time to do all my homework and research when I don't have any help with the kids, since DH leaves for work right after I get home from school and doesn't come home until 8 or 9.. then we eat, and do bedtime routine.. I wake up at 7am, so come 10pm I HAVE to sleep, and can't hold my eyes open to do any homework

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#10 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 06:40 PM

Ah, I do remember you now! I totally understand the whole not having enough time to study thing. When I was doing job search for tanf over the summer in addition to my school I had to do 20 hours of school per week and 20 hours of job search. It was really hard because one of my classes was a telecourse and I couldn't count anything that I did off campus. Consequently, the kiddos were in childcare about 10 hours a day, I'd pick them up, have enough time to get dinner done and get them ready for bed, then still have 2-4 hours per night of homework that weren't even counted toward my hours, hence why I stopped early. I was barely sleeping. I only had 1.5 weeks left, but also only 1.5 weeks left of school, and I could not risk failing my classes in order to do job search. Honestly I think it's really a waste of resources to put someone who is pregnant on job search for just one month, knowing they cant feasibly get a job in that time anyway, and would be going on maternity leave in just a few months even if they did. I'm really glad that I was so close that I didn't get cut off of tanf or put in sanction, but sometimes what they try to have people do is nearly impossible. I totally feel you on the lack of support for full time students from the government. They don't want you to go to college and get a career, they want you to get a crappy minimum wage job so they don't have to help you anymore. It's the same situation with childcare. If you work 20 hours a week you can get it paid for, but you can't even get part time paid for if you are only a student.

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!
#11 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 06:43 PM

Also, I was poking around in the student thread and lots of people were saying that in most states you can still get FS if you are a student with children under 6, which you clearly do. So you may want to double check on that one just to make sure.

#12 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural_mama89 View Post
Also, I was poking around in the student thread and lots of people were saying that in most states you can still get FS if you are a student with children under 6, which you clearly do. So you may want to double check on that one just to make sure.
My state is not one of them I was able to get FS as a FT student when I was pregnant, but not anymore. If I were going 3/4 time I would still qualify, but then I wouldn't get my scholarship because I have to go FT for that.. lol.. it's a Catch 22. Anyway.. all my mama friends who are also FT students lost theirs too.

With 3 people still on the FS, it is not a big deal, we still barely get enough to eat frugally ($365), and we have pretty much stopped eating out at all unless someone treats us (like our parents).

#13 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 08:08 PM

Oh ok, so its is just you, yourself who cannot get them. I thought you meant your entire household could not because you are a full time student. While I'm sure that makes it tight, it's better than getting NO FS at all.

#14 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 PM

do you *have* to tell them you are a student?

Single mom to 2 boys
#15 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 09:06 PM

Does anyone know what happens if you take a child in to the doctor while their medicaid is pending? Will they cover it since the medicaid will be back-dated?

We're still in limbo even though I was given a letter saying DD was eligible on 8/2. It's going through the ombudsman now and I'm to give it until the 10th end of day, but DD is sick NOW with an ear/sinus infection.

Her fever is rising {100.9 at last temp} and nothing is breaking it or making it better.We've tried cool liquids as much as she'll drink and cool baths. She's miserable from the ear pain and doesn't want to eat or drink. I don't mess around with ear infections as I lost part of my hearing as a child from them.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#16 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 PM

If it is bad enough take her to the ER, when the billing person comes in to see you just tell them what is going on and let them copy the paperwork and medicaid should cover it, though you may have to fight it. I don't really consider 100.9 a "high" fever, and I don't think fevers are bad, but if it got worse and you knew she was suffering I would take her...but then you will still have to pay for the prescriptions since her medicaid isn't active...so IDK

Single mom to 2 boys
#17 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
If it is bad enough take her to the ER, when the billing person comes in to see you just tell them what is going on and let them copy the paperwork and medicaid should cover it, though you may have to fight it. I don't really consider 100.9 a "high" fever, and I don't think fevers are bad, but if it got worse and you knew she was suffering I would take her...but then you will still have to pay for the prescriptions since her medicaid isn't active...so IDK
It's not bad enough for ER yet, but I'd like her to see her pedi in the morning if possible. DD tends to go downhill from ear infections fast in the few times she's had them.

I'm not too worried about the fever either except that it's making her miserable and I've always been told if it's bothering them it's serious. Normally fevers don't phase DD at all - when she had the H1N1 last fall she ran 103 and was happily playing while we tried to cool her down.

#18 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Hugs to all the ladies here just trying to make it through one more day.

Frugalmama, here in MI if you are approved for Medicaid today, they will pay any bill for 3 months prior. So, as long as your Dr's office will let you go without insurance and pay nothing, you would be fine (here in MI). However, Dr's may require you to pay cash on the spot if you have no ins. I'd call the Dr in the morning and explain and see what they'll do. On the other hand, if you had the cash to pay now, medicaid is supposed to reimburse you. I wouldn't hold my breath or anything, especially considering it's taking this long just to get your darned app through... However, ER has to take you and bill you, ins or not, so even if it's not "bad enough" for the ER, it may be your only avenue. However, read my story at the end of this post on that, too...

I had my WIC appt last week and missed it! I was so bummed. However, my WIC office is smallish (we can choose the office we want to go to, and I chose my old one in a smaller area, since they knew me by name, never give me crap about not vaxing and applaud me for extended bfing, etc.) and I called and apologized. It was only my 3 month appt, where I have to do some little lesson on the computer and then they recharge my benies, not the recert one where I have to bring the kids along. So, they said I could just do that online at home! I did my little lesson and it emailed the office with my certificate saying I'd done it. They sent me my shopping list by mail a few days later and my benies were on my card on the 5th as usual. I LOVE that!

We got our FS today, as usual, and I had promised the kids Lunchables. I NEVER buy them that crap, but I told them they could pick some out to eat while I was in labor and in the days after so we didn't have to do a lot of cooking, etc. BOY were they excited. Now, to try to keep them from eating them until this baby decides it's time. I'm kind of thinking "labor day" will be the 23rd, since 1. that will be the full moon and 2. my usual is to go between 6-8 days pre due date, and that'll be right in that range. So, against my better judgement, I'm kind of counting about 15 more days...

I've been sitting on some fabric for a few years that I bought from a co-op. Bamboo velour, some super awesome fleece, etc. I never throw/give that stuff away. So, I finally got the fleece soaker pattern printed off and got a few of those sewn up for the new babe. Easier than I thought and they turned out so cute! I also dug out my old pajama pattern for the kids and I'll be making some pj bottoms. Keeps me busy and interested in something, plus I won't have to buy pjs or have them sleeping in their jeans this winter. Yes, school keeps me busy, but I also mentioned the sewing is interesting...

Lastly in the positives column, credit repair is going quite well here. By paying off dh's cc balance, getting a medicaid snafu fixed so an old bill was paid and removed as a collection from dh's report, his score has improved almost 100 points in 1 month! Now I'm onto my disputes, a la creditboards.com, and I could have him in the high 700s by the time we would be able to buy a house in a couple of years! Barring any other terrible financial emergencies, of course. I'm hoping, courtesy of Dave Ramsey, that by having an emergency fund this year we will keep Murphy at bay and FINALLY begin to struggle out of the "poverty" area we've been in for the past several years.

On the negative front, I've spent all of my excess loan money (almost all on bills, which are now completely caught up at least, yay!) and we still don't know if dh will get anything, so no emergency fund there. However, dh IS selling his car to his dad. For about half what it's worth, but it'll be something. He works less than a mile away and rides his bike. When it's really bitterly cold this winter he can take the van, as I won't be going anywhere with 5 kids, one being a newborn, anyway. So, if we're disciplined that'll be our small emergency fund. Our Murphy repellant.

The biggest negative we've got going on right now is a real doozy, though. In Jan of '09 dh burned his hand VERY badly. He had an ER visit and some physical therapy (pt is the bill mentioned earlier that's gone away on his credit reports because it was finally paid by medicaid). At the end of that month we were FINALLY approved for Medicaid, and the worker assured me that I would need to do nothing to have medicaid cover the bills, since it was in the same month. Every 3 months or so I would get the bills, call and give them dh's medicaid info again and they would say ok, they'll bill medicaid. Then I'd get the bills again, and so on.

In June dh got served. The hospital is suing him for the $950 ER bill. I FINALLY get my worker to track down what happened and apparently in my old county the original worker set it up wrong, so they'd been getting denied for a yr and a half. Now it's all fixed, but the hospital had to wait a month for some form to be able to bill mediciad, then medicaid can take 90 days to pay, which'll put us to Nov. Dh's hearing is on Mon. I called the hospital yesterday to see if they'd been paid yet, hoping it could all just go away, but no dice. They suggested I call the atty to ask them to postpone or call it off and the atty tried to claim they couldn't postpone. Whatever, there's a motion for everything.

Frankly, I'm terrified to have to go to court. But dh is totally ignorant. I've been handling this from day one so he knows nothing, AND he doesn't know when to shut the heck up. He'll go in there and say something wrong, or tell WAY more than they need to know, which will incriminate him or something. I really need to be there to like kick him under the table or something. So, my mom is coming to watch the kids and I'll be dragging my hugely pregnant butt in there at 8:30 Mon morning, with fingers crossed. I'm hoping the judge will just go "Yeah, it was a mistake, medicaid will pay it, case dismissed." And that I don't have this baby before then (or during then!) and have to miss it. Sigh... Any positive vibes that can be sent my way on Mon morning are much appreciated, ladies. If this went to a judgement it would definitely reverse all of my work on dh's credit... Not to mention that we'd never, ever be able to pay the judgement, of course...

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

#19 of 112 Old 09-08-2010, 11:18 PM

gabbyraja- I had to go to court over collections and it was no big deal.. there wasn't even a judge there.. just the workers from the lawyers office asking how much can you pay.. etc.

----

Just found out there is a case lot sale at 2 of our local grocery stores and I am one week away from FS.. seams to always happen that way! Hopefully the sales will last a couple weeks so I can stock up!

#20 of 112 Old 09-09-2010, 02:10 AM

Well this week I have 1.5 days of subbing. That is better than nothing and I am very grateful for the income. The 1/2 day is tomorrow and its... are you ready for this ... DANCE CLASS. Its hilarious if you ask me, I am rather... ummmm.. fluffy ... I almost never take P.E. type classes but I'm 100% sure this is indoors and I can get a chair. Its only 2 class periods and the lesson plans are done per the notes in the sub system. I should only have to take attendance and make sure no one 'breaks a leg' LOL. Hopefully easy money.

Today I was the teacher for 6th grade, they had lots of worksheets so I had plenty of time to work on crocheting. My yarn stash is slowly declining and simple projects are coming together.

I hope direct deposit comes in soon... I should probably check payroll dates huh?

Hugs to everyone!

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#21 of 112 Old 09-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
Of course the DES call center was busy. Monday was a holiday so they have double the calls today, plus all the weekend calls... you didnt think they would be able to help did you LOL...
HA! Very true! It is always busy, it's crazy. But yesterday I decied to just give it a try and call the automated system that gives me my balance to see if it had been processed and... it was!! Amazing! So we got our regular amount from Aug and the we were bumped up about $100 starting in Sept because we added the baby on. Woo Hoo! Going to try to ride this positve energy and make it last

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#22 of 112 Old 09-09-2010, 08:37 PM

I am still here too. I don't think I am actually going to move in January now. I just talked to a friend who lives at the co-op that I am trying to move into and the apartment that I would be moving into doesn't have a yard or a second floor deck. All of the other ones do, but not this one. I really would like either and I think I am going to hold out for the next place to open up so I can have one. I think I might be possibly adding on six months to a year of waiting, but I also will be in a better spot financially (hopefully!). This way I could buy DS Christmas presents, pay off my credit card and really sock away some savings. Being unemployed for five weeks was not pretty.

I am getting a little freaked out at an appointment for cash assistance that I am going to on Monday. I don't qualify now that I am working, but I was unemployed for five weeks, so am WAAAAAYYYYY behind on bills and my car is buring through a quart of oil a week now. There is no way I can afford car repairs right now, and the step down assistance program that I was on was cancelled when I lost my job. I don't have any safety net right now and if my car dies, I will have no way to get to work and will most likely lose my job. I am afraid that they will pretty much sit down with me, see how much I am making now ($10 per hour, 30 hours per week) and laugh me out the door.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#23 of 112 Old 09-09-2010, 11:24 PM

FINALLY got DD's medicaid processed and a temp card picked up. She's going to her doc in the morning to see whats going on with her being sick.

Still no action on my medicaid. I guess at 5:01 pm tomorrow I'll be calling the ombudsman back to pursue it further. I also will be complaining about what happened today while picking up DD's medicaid card. They called everyone by full name signed in as they normally do except for me who they called "Miss {blank first name}" with the name not being correct either - it's a much longer form of my name, which was clearly printed on the form. They also immediately called another name afterwards too, which didn't give me any time to get to the window. Then when I went up to see if that was me they tried to make me sign in again since I "wasn't present when called".

I just want my medicaid people! How hard can it be? - I don't have any income!

#24 of 112 Old 09-10-2010, 03:42 AM

Well dang- there was work available for tomorrow and I didnt take it. DS is sick and I probably need to take him to the Dr. (its a huge no-no to take a sub job then cancel it). I would've loved the $$ from basically 3 days of subbing this early in the year...

DS has been struggling with some sort of sinus infection/asthma/allergy thing for over a week now. My luck he has streph, bronchitis AND an ear infection. So I am going to see how he is in the AM then go from there.

Either I will have him do breathing treatments all day with tylenol/motrin or we will be at urgent care. I am by-passing the dr's office since they are useless for anything but routine rx refills.(have I ever mentioned how much I hate our medicaid dr. i would love to change it but i dont know what i hate more, dr hopping or the dr we have)

#25 of 112 Old 09-10-2010, 11:12 AM

Hi all,

I'm new here. I'm newly separated from my husband and am going through the food stamp application process. I'm going to be living on 800 a month CS and 450 food stamps. I'm living rent free right now, so I think I can manage. I'm going to start LPN school soon since I can't find a job anywhere. All in all I feel pretty good about everything. I look forward to getting tips and support from you ladies!

Welcoming our twins :: born February 21, 2009 at 33 weeks! :
C-section due to pre-eclampsia and HELLP:
#26 of 112 Old 09-10-2010, 12:24 PM

Hope everyone is doing alright. To whomever was on the phone with whatever government agency, I know how irritating that is. I was on the phone with dshs on hold for like half an hour yesterday and didn't even find out what I need to know. The person I talked to put in a call back though which means my worker is supposed to call me back within 24 hours. Hopefully she does.
Welcome skyblue!!!! We have a nice little bunch of supportive and knowledgeable mamas here. We will all do the best we can to help you through this time of hardship .

#27 of 112 Old 09-10-2010, 03:00 PM

Well, thanks to you; my MDC mommas, I paid rent on time. And I got on WIC so that's basically an extra $150 or so a month for food. And I was all set to pay all my bills on time until I called to cancel my newspaper and they told me they did, but then they took the money out of my account anyway and overdrew it, (which also overdrew another small item) so my bank account just lost $85 overnight and now they are saying it could take 10 days to fix. I had to call my insurance company and tell them that I would pay as soon as possible. I was looking forward to a $300-something check and ended up with a $240 one. Can't wait to get this fixed.

Single mama to DS8 and DD4. Feminist. Queer. Atheist. Poly. Full-time poli sci and econ student.
#28 of 112 Old 09-11-2010, 04:51 PM

I got accepted as a ChaCha Guide! Thanks to the mama who referred me

#29 of 112 Old 09-11-2010, 06:09 PM

Forgive me, but what on earth is a ChaCha Guide?

#30 of 112 Old 09-11-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianthe View Post
I got accepted as a ChaCha Guide! Thanks to the mama who referred me
Woohoo. I haven't done much this weekend but I think it's Guaranteed Cash weekend which is bonus money for doing a certain amount of questions.

My husband just took a test for expeditor today so I might have him making us some money too.

Single mama to DS8 and DD4. Feminist. Queer. Atheist. Poly. Full-time poli sci and econ student.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page