How much do you spend on birthday/Christmas gifts? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 09-30-2010, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We do a special outing as well but we have passes to pretty much all the places DDs want to go out to. My youngest only wants to go to the zoo, its either 10.00 per time you go or a year pass for 20 so we just got the year pass (made sense, we go several times a month and it includes tickets to the museum which are 5.00 each if you don't buy the year pass). The other zoo on the island has a 4 person family pass for 15.00 or its 7.00/person to go so I picked up the family pass since it just didn't make sense to pay the about same amount to go for just a day. My oldest wants to go to the aquarium or the zoo. The aquarium its 2.00 more expensive to get a year pass than a day pass so we just got a year pass last time we went. All the places over here are free for children under 6 so the girls don't need a pass. We were planning on doing a weekend vacation for the family over DD1's birthday but 1) the place we go got pretty badly damaged in a typhoon so I don't know if its going to be open and 2) Ill be 39 weeks along and its like 1 1/2 hours without traffic to the hospital. My last labor was only 1 1/2 hours long so might not be the best thing to do.

I talked to DH about it and he agreed to do a small family party with a few gifts (the books I already got, a set of hugely chunky crayons she saw and adored, outfit that she saw the fabric for and is already asking about and maybe a toy from each of us.. Overall its going to cost 50ish which to me is reasonable). We will probably do an outing as a family to the zoo the day before her birthday and DH will take them somewhere on her birthday.. probably the Dam or beach since I volunteered to help out at church without realizing the date. No worries, having a day of Daddy will make both girls very happy.

Oldest we already bought her present so all I have to do is buy the fabric for her dress and make it. DH wants to get her something else small but I don't know.

Christmas.. ughs, lets not go there. I love my husband but sometimes he doesn't think. I really don't want to be making gifts for 16 people plus the girls/hubby.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#32 of 32 Old 09-30-2010, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto4grits View Post
Would love a link to your blog!
It's thesavedquarter.com. The Holidays category has my posts about my holiday gift plans. I just did a Groupon combined with coupon code to get $200 in photobooks for $25. That rocked my socks - three copies of my daughter's first year to give to DH, my parents, and MIL. Along with some Vistaprints freebies and a few other low cost goodies, they're about done.

My daughter is getting a homemade doll gear set - mini quilt, diaper bag, matching dress for her and her doll, and apron, all made from fabric from my stash. I found a wooden doll cradle at the thrift store for $3.99 and it will complete the gift. I spent under $5.00 total for her gift and I think she's going to love it!

My son is getting a Transformer-style robot-car. He is going to LOVE it! I got free Kohl's Cash for buying a certain amount at the grocery store, which I would have bought groceries anyway. That deal was awesome, too! It was on 75% off clearance and my free coupons paid the remaining 25%!

Both are getting books that I'm getting from amazon.com with Swagbucks, and clothes bought on after-season clearance last year. I still have to come up with something they need...

My mother in law gives the gift of a class for the kids. It's fantastic! Both got swim lessons for their birthdays, and little gym classes for Christmas (indoors for cooler months.) We get out of the house, the kids get the activity and skills, and no clutter. Gotta love it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page