Flannel sheets - would you buy now or closer to Xmas? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
And where would you go for low-price decent-quality solid-color all-cotton flannel sheets?

I don't have a Marshalls or TJMaxx or Target less than an hour away, though I could make the trip. There is no Home Goods near us. The hitch is that I want comparable sets for each of my four kids, and I want it to be easy.

They will be Christmas gifts, so I can't wait until post-holiday sales, unfortunately. Wish I had thought of this last year.

Also I'm picky about color/design (I know, I know ) I want pink or lavender (or flowery in those shades) for the girls and some shade of blue or stripes for the boys (their preferences, not mine...)

I would love to spend under $40/set. Closer to $20/set would be great. I would also like to just order them all from the same place if I can! I know you pay more for convenience, but...are there tricks or places I don't know about? The clearance selection at the obvious online linens places are sparse or too $$.

I take it this is not the time of year to be looking for picky flannel sheets for relatively cheap... I am really surprised that Target doesn't have more girly-color solid flannel this year.

Are there white sales this time of year, or any other "tricks of the trade" that I don't know about? I pretty much never buy sheets - once we buy them, we keep them for years and years.

- single homeschooling mom to 16, 14, almost-12, and 10
#2 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Target has them on major sale this week.

http://www.target.com/s?keywords=fla...&ref=sr_bx_1_7

Free shipping on orders over $50.
#3 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 10:24 AM

I got a set for my son at Target last week for $19.99 (same sale). He was so happy to have warmer, softer sheets.
#4 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 11:03 AM

I would check the overstock pages at Lands End. I looked just last week and they had some nice stuff and IMO would be better quality than Target (althought I slept on Target fannel sheet last night that I bought for $10 a few years back.)
#5 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 11:24 AM

My mom bought me a set maybe 4 years ago from Kohl's. They have held up well and still look great.

That being said, we do need a new set as we upgraded to a king bed from a queen over the summer, so I am looking myself again.
#6 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 11:34 AM

Kohls does have them, but they don't have the pink/purple (at least in my store). I would order them online at Target.

I just checked Kohls.com and found that they have several sets that are not offered in stores. Twin sizes are $18.99 right now, and shipping is free.
#7 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 01:28 PM

I have 2 sets from Eddie Bauer - they are about 10 years old and holding up great. Not sure if they still have a home store ... it closed in my city.

Bed, Bath and Beyond also sells flannel. But last year I bought my son a set of fleece sheets (Microloft) from this store and he LOVES them. They come in solid colours, pastel and primary. I believe they were on sale and definitely under $40. The only con about them is he overheats.

Here is the link:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=109407

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#8 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 03:02 PM

We got ours at Target a few weeks back for $19.99 for king sized. They are soooo soft, very warm and aren't pilling like crazy like some sheets we've had before!
#9 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 03:07 PM

Check out Kmart, they have fleece sheets any size for $20 (reg $25) and they are sooooo warm and cozy. i actually prefer them over my fleece ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#10 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 04:49 PM

I got my last set at Target. It was $20 in December of last year for a full sized set. I am really pleased with their quality. I am not sure what they are going for now, though. It could be that they were reduced for Christmas sales.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#11 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 08:09 PM

Hmm..I am pretty sure I saw a Sears commercial about how they are having their "Black Friday" sale this Friday, and they have sheet sets for $9.99.

Earth-loving, birth-loving, body-working, simple-livin' mama to two sweet girls and fiance to a hard-working man treehugger.gif namaste.gifbellyhair.gif

#12 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 09:42 PM

Overstock.com

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#13 of 15 Old 10-27-2010, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies!

I didn't find much on Overstock.com, but I can keep checking.

I thought about buying Target's, but then saw in reviews that they were not good quality. I'm glad to hear this was not the experience of some here. (The have a SUPER-cute set that unfortunately is sold out in twin - too bad!)

I will look into Sears black friday sale.

I appreciate the ideas very much. It's something I almost never shop for - most of our sheets were "by accident" when I happened to see one set on super clearance here and there; I don't usually try to buy four sets at once.

The idea is that I can give my kids stuff they need for Christmas and it will fill their need for a "present" and something "new" They're getting pillows this year, too (I already got those from Overstock).

I wish I could afford really top-quality sheets in beautiful colors that I pick! Lands End, Garnet Hill, Company Store... I wish I could just ORDER. But OMG, it would be super $$$$$ if I did. All the lower-quality sheets that we have inherited secondhand are still doing their job, but I love the super-high-thread-count, super-soft, deep fitted, gorgeous colored...never mind, I don't see them in the dark anyway!

- single homeschooling mom to 16, 14, almost-12, and 10
#14 of 15 Old 10-27-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlla View Post
Check out Kmart, they have fleece sheets any size for $20 (reg $25) and they are sooooo warm and cozy. i actually prefer them over my fleece ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just bought a set of Kmart flannel sheets for our guest room, but will probably end up putting them on our bed.
#15 of 15 Old 10-30-2010, 03:43 AM

Target usually has flannel sheets sets on sale for Black Friday at a really good price. I want to say $12 or so? Definitely under $20. Last year I didn't see the style I like in the size I wanted, but I kept checking back and happened to be there when they were being restocked. I don't think they had pink/purple in the past, but they had plain cream color, brown with light snowflakes and a few others. They have held up well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page