Hello dear mamas!
I've had my eye on these no-spend threads for a while now, and I'm going to jump in for November, even if it is a little late. From what I've read so far, you are all a very inspiring and admirable group of mamas. Who I am
- I am a SAHM Mom to one toddler boy. My husband works and we are recent college grads.
My Financial Goals
1) I have three personal incomes every month. One is an allowance from my husband, one is from babysitting, and one is from my small business. My goal is to not spend this money in the month I receive it. In the past months, I usually spend the money and then put extra charges on my credit card, which means I have to use the next months income for the cards. Vicious, horrible cycle!
2) To Put at least a little in savings, a little in charity, and a little in my retirement account every month. I want my savings account to reach my goal amount. I want to save money for school and my own car!
3) Keep track of money and balance finances better.How I will Get there
I created a spreadsheet on GoogleDocs tracking my income vs. expenses. I will not let the expenses get greater than the income and will have to record everything. I will also "pay myself first" by signing up for automatic withdrawal to my retirement and charity. I will put money in my savings every time I go to the gym (the bank is right next door) even if it is only $1.
I will try to save our family money on gas by not driving 2 days a week. I will try to save us money on food by cooking all the things that have been in our pantry for over 2 months.
I bought groceries and filled up the car with gas on the 1st.
No Spend! but did drive our car to another city
Spent $20 on bus pass for family member, but I get to return it because it wasn't needed!
but did drive our car to another city
No Spend! Earned a little extra from my business.
No Spend! Earned a little extra from babysitting.
5. Need to pay off big credit card bill today.....hope I will have enough.....