What do you do in lieu of delivery services (flowers, etc.) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2010, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any suggestions for sending flowers, (or edible arrangements, etc) for a friend in hospital in another town? Or sick, etc.? Flower delivery services are ridiculously expensive, but when you want something sent within a day or so, what do you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2010, 06:16 PM

You can call the hospital gift shop and they can put something together and have it taken to the room. Still pricey though.

I've only sent flowers once, but when I did, I was able to find an online code for proflowers.com and the price ended up being really reasonable... like 20-25$

Melonee, mom to Chloe 03/21/03 ribboncesarean.gif, Cooper 02/02/2007 vbac.gif, and Piper 12/27/09  vbac.gif
Old 11-08-2010, 06:27 PM

I agree, you can call the hospital's gift shop and ask them what they have and the prices - they can charge your credit/debit card and deliver it up to the patient. I would have never thought of this until my grandson was in the hospital 1500 miles away and I wanted to send him some toys to play with while he was there since his mom couldn't leave to go get him anything and he was there for about 3 days. Worked out well.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I can ususally find flowers for about $30.00 online. I rarely need to send them (was looking on line this weekend w. a friend who needed to send funeral flowers)

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

User Tag List