who gets their car detailed once a week? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-06-2011, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I detail my own car (inside) twice a month.  to have someone else do it would be an extravagance but if if someone is wealthy and they want to support small business this would be a great way to do it. 

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2011, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i'm the OP and i must say, that you guys have inspired me!! in particular the parts about the $30 mini detail. i went online and found an AWESOME mini detail (it's called full wash or something like that) -- the wash the exterior, polish the tires, dry it with air in the crevaces (sp), squeege, and a hand towel, inside, they wipe the dash, center console, the interior, windows and mirrors, vacuum, took out the floor mats, washed those, etc.) -- we have a mini van, so the price was $40.

i went ahead and did it and told my husband afterwards. he was very pleasantly surprised, and told me to go ahead and do it every month or so!! yeah!!

he agreed that it's a great way to keep up on our (significant) investment in buying the new mini van.

he also told me to get the leather conditioning treatment every once in awhile and to add in the waxing a couple times a year.

so looks like i'm on my way to having a nice clean(er) van to ride around in, after all.

who would have thunk it, from my original post??

you all were probably right, this is what my rich friend does every week -- not the $150 detail, but a $40 type.

it's really just about as good, especially when you can get it done so much more frequently.

and those who say that if you're rich you can support local businesses, you're right!

when i was there on saturday a couple people walked in to drop off checks. it's a family owned business. i was asking the owners about how often people come in, and they said the one guy dropping a check was there every saturday.

honestly, they were a team of two, working for about 45 minutes on my van. the cost was $40 even. i threw in a $5 tip. not a bad deal for me, to get 1.5 man hours of real labor for $40.

and the van looks like it is brand new again!

thanks, everybody!

User Tag List