Cheapeest store or online site for printer ink? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-23-2011, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Where do you buy printer ink? I print a lot, always use draft mode, and seem to go through ink quickly. I haven't had any extra money to buy ink as the cheapest I've found it is 19.00. Suggestions? Thanks!

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#2 of 8 Old 01-23-2011, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm curious about this too. I got a Kodak printer a little over a year ago because I thought they were supposed to be better on it. While the ink *is* cheaper than with most printers, I feel like it runs out way quicker too. I just can't figure it out. I need to find some thrifty way of obtaining ink, though, because we homeschool and print a LOT.

I'm me. In love with this guy. We're bringing up two girls: Big A (8) and Little A (3)

#3 of 8 Old 01-23-2011, 11:27 PM

We use 123inkjets.com. We have never had an issue with the quality of printing. Also the sell bundles of colors which we find nice. Shipping is free with orders over $55 or $4.95 for  orders under $55. HTH.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#4 of 8 Old 01-24-2011, 05:34 AM

Be careful about those inkjet refill kits where you refill your cartridge with a syringe. Many companies now put a microchip in the cartridge that only allows a certain number of prints, despite how much ink is in there! Isn't that so unfair?! Anyway, just wanted to pass that info along to everyone. innocent.gif

Proud Mama to Abigail Noelle and Brady Phoenix (August 29, 2009) and Claire Zoe (October 26, 2010)  love.gif
#5 of 8 Old 01-24-2011, 05:34 AM

P.S. Ebay has some cheap ones but I can't speak to the quality.

Proud Mama to Abigail Noelle and Brady Phoenix (August 29, 2009) and Claire Zoe (October 26, 2010)  love.gif
#6 of 8 Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 PM

I broke my last printer by using one of those refill kits :(.

I suggest dropping them off at Walgreens. They refill ink cartridges for $12.99. However, each time you refill them you get a coupon for 50% of the next refill. So, you get one for $13, the next one for $6.50. We've been doing it for years and Ive been really happy with it.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#7 of 8 Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I gave up on the inkjets, most times it was cheaper to buy a clearanced printer than get new ink.  Last spring/summer I watched for sales and got a Laser printer at Staples.  Total cost was about $150(then I had some reward bucks and %off coupons) and I'm still on the 'freebie' cartridge.  Replacement toner is $70.00.  I've printed about 1500 sheets on this free toner and I love the thing.   If you watch for sales/clearance you may want to upgrade to a laser printer.  BTW mine is a combo   copier, fax printer, scanner. 

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#8 of 8 Old 06-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

Well what kind of printer do you have? What is the model number of the ink it uses?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page