February 2011 Low Income Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I didnt see one started.

How is everyone one doing?

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#2 of 13 Old 02-09-2011, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Things are extremely tight ($13 to my name! Woohoo!) but we are pulling though it. I get paid on Friday and taxes should be back in the next week or so.  Then I can pay off my lawyer, fix my car and move forward. 

#3 of 13 Old 02-10-2011, 10:47 AM

Things are tight for us. I support my husband and his siter financially on 1200 a month from nanny work, and whatever my modeling brings in. This can be as little as$ 200 to as much as$ 1500. Lately it has been near the low end. We got our food stamps, which have helped a lot. I am just worried about my contract ending next month, as I have not found another day job yet.

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#4 of 13 Old 02-10-2011, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

We're very tight - this month is a gap month, meaning that we don't have FS to cover anything. We're good on food though. Nothing else is paid yet this month until I see where we're at.

Cash is a problem, and now I'm dealing with the city code compliance on the hole in the roof, so I HAVE to pay a friend to put in a quick fix that hopefully will make the city happy while I gather money for replacing it.

I really really really need to sell my van.

I did have a stroke of good luck - Huggies rewards has Amazon GC right now in their instant win section when you cash in points. I won 4 - $60 worth total! So I now have all but 2 books for DD for 1st grade without paying anything out of pocket. I found the best time to win to be 2am to 8am, and my winning times were normally in the last 15 minutes of the hour. i.e. 3:49, 7:55, etc. Now all I need for DD is 2 books I need to order special, and they only cost $30 total.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#5 of 13 Old 02-10-2011, 08:07 PM

We did our taxes and are refund is freaking huge. I checked it over and over and I dont know why it is so large, but it is. Because of that, I get to go to the dentist and the eye doctor in the next couple months!! Also this month we have to go to ds's allergist which is 3.5 hours away. medicaid pays for gas but the trip is hard on ds who usually spends 2-3 hours getting poked and prodded so it always involves an overnight stay. I ran into some luck and have some money coming my way that'll cover the hotel and I think I can cover the food with some addtional money that is set aside. So, things are looking good. FS replenish tomorrow. It's almost the middle of the month and there are only 28 days to be financially responsible for, which is nice.
#6 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 08:31 AM

I am in panic again about money. We are running out of funds to pay rent. We have March and half of April but that is it and we have expesnse that will probably take a chunk of that.

DS1 had a chunk of his 7-year molar that is just coming in fall out. WTH!!! So we are going to the dentist on Tue and I have no idea what it will cost or what they will have to do. I am totally freaked out. Is anyone familiar with how Denti-Cal works in California?

Then we are $50 away from paying ogg our bankruptcy attorney then we have to pay $300 in filing fees. Nothing like haveing your bk attny call to collect because you have taken well over a year to pay their fees. Talk about feeling like the lowest of the low. I think I read something about people under certin incomes can have the filing fees waived so I need to look into that.

We might get a tax return but I am not sure this year. We are still waiting on a 1099-c from the mortgage company after our short sale. I have a feeling they haven't sent it and I am going to have to call them and track it down. Atleast we won't have to pay tax on the difference (Thank you Pres. Obama) because that could have been several thousand dollars. We've always gotten large returns but this year everything is so different, I just don't know.

I just want to cry! I am tired of being so worried all the time. DH seems to have a few actual homebuyers lined up but it could be months before any of them are actually completed. I hate this!!!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#7 of 13 Old 02-14-2011, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Well in true Arizona form my foodstamp amount was changed with no notice. This time it was increased so I'm not really complaining but next month is a re-certification month and they are bound to screw the whole thing up (fs and medical)  I *think* I'm getting the full FS amount now but a notice or something would've been nice.

In other news I am able to sub 2-3 days a week with out getting a major case of depression.  IDK what my problem is but I want to work, I need to work but I just get so overwhelmed and panicky that getting out of bed sometimes just doesn't happen.  I am terrified to get a real job because I can NOT be doing this 2-3 days a week thing with them. Subbing is fine because I can pick and choose the jobs.

I know I would feel better if I could concentrate long enough to crochet or craft but I cant even do that lately.

Right now DS is at a library program.  Tonight I dont feel like cooking dinner or even going home.  I HATE DEPRESSION.. ugh

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#8 of 13 Old 02-18-2011, 04:37 AM

HUGS, mamas. We are doing pretty good right now, since dh and I just got our school money.. paying off rent and all, and I even did a little bit of shopping that I probably shouldn't have, but it just feels so good to have some money.

Wishing everyone some green $ vibes; hopefully everyone's tax refund will be something good!

We found out last week we're pregnant again.  We're kinda shocked. I will be able to finish my A.A. this summer, which is good, but I kinda wanted to go on and finish my B.A. before more kids; but eh, such is life; this is why I never plan things... because life doesn't always want them to work out.. I will finish school eventually, but I will just have to take some time off and work and be mommy, which makes me kind of anxious... at least school money is guaranteed, ya know?

But, we are starting to get excited, though we haven't told his family yet, b/c they will probably be mad with us since we're in school and broke and all. I meet the local lay midwife on monday, I can't wait to meet her and see what she's like.

Other then that.. we're doing ok. Hope everyone is well, Saamy

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#9 of 13 Old 02-18-2011, 08:44 AM

Congrats on the pregnancy!  

So I wasn't accepted into grad school.....time to formulate a new plan.  Taxes were deposited today.  Now to not touch it til I figure out what to do with it all.  I also received the second half of CS yesterday. Money is there, but I don't have much.  I just finished typing a paper that is due today.  Now to head into school, work in the lab for a few, go to class and turn in the paper, take the kids to gymnastics, grab food, go the the OU gymnastics meet, come home, pack for tomorrow (mapping on the mountain again) and crash.  Kids are going to their dad's for the day while I am mapping.  My weekend with the kids is shot and that completely bums me.  

#10 of 13 Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

If it doesnt rain we are going to the Renissance Faire.... Im excited....(why must it rain in arizona the one weekend I have something fun planned)

#11 of 13 Old 02-19-2011, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

It rained. No rennisance faire... maybe Monday or a diff weekend.  DS really wants to go.  The rain is lovely tho.

Does anyone know about  'art therapy'?

#12 of 13 Old 02-21-2011, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

No one reading this thread for February??

My updates are.. the bank account shows pennies.  I probably shouldn't have purchased some art supplies but I am doing 'art therapy' and I actually felt better after my time.  Im just doing it at home for now.  Something for me.  Maybe if I can finally get my head on straight I will be able to keep a steady job and get us out of this mess.

My roommate has announced she has no money!  This house needs repairs and she has no $$ to do them.  So I need to fix myself and get a job and get the heck out of here.

I need to finish my taxes this week.    Oh and to add fuel to the fire my family is coming to visit Thurs-Monday.  This just brings up anger for me.  I try to hard to cut them off and they keep popping up at the most in-opportune times.

#13 of 13 Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 AM

Haven't posted here in awhile,

Zebra sorry about the repairs and roommate problems hopefully you can get out of there very soon!!

As for me this month I'm doing okay, I was expecting to bring in more money but there has been SO many snow days so the daycare kids have stayed home. Next month will suck, two of my full-time kids are done now I have 3 part time hoping one of them goes back to full time Monday though. I also had to drop my prices. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it that's another post though. I spent way to much yesterday took dd to the movies and out for supper but it was fun.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page