March 2011 No-Spend Challenge -- The money you save is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-15-2011, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

3/1 - thumb.gif no spend!

3/2 - thumb.gif budget spending. $6 on fruit. We only have $6 to last us 9 days, but we have pretty much everything we need...so...yeah! Crossing fingers!

3/3 - thumb.gif no spend! (okay, so the day isn't over yet, but I don't plan on going anywhere that requires my wallet - I'll update if I do!)

3/4 - thumb.gif budget spending. $9.50 on fruit and bread. I actually had $8 left from the other day, not $6 like I stated above, and then I raided the change jar...which is cash - so I still say I did good, hehe!

3/5 - thumb.gif no spend!

3/6 - thumb.gif budget spending out of the "gift fund" for dd's upcoming b-day!

3/7 - redface.gif semi-budgeted spending. $83 on a greyhound ticket for Dh's mom. We just found out she's moving BACK to Tennessee in a week...it'll be our last chance to see her for, well, a LONG time. Also...um..."bad" spending irked.gif in the form of a junkfood grocery store run, $12. Both were purchased using our sinking fund, though. So, yeah..at least I didn't use the e-fund or LOC! 

3/8 -thumb.gif no spend!

3/9 - irked.gif unbudgeted spending ($3.79 from "sinking fund...ben and jerry's...this is NOT what the sinking fund was established for, lol!)

3/10 - thumb.gifNo spend...well, budgeted spending, I guess. We spent $11.50 to ship books I sold on Amazon.com. Profited $78+ though, so, you know...worth it!!

Can I just say...I'm super proud of myself right now? Sure, I didn't do perfect by any means...but the only "bad" spending was under $20 (darn you junk food addiction!) and we typically spend about $200 into our next paycheck EACH pay period! THis is the first check (tomorrow) in, I don't know how long, that we aren't playing catch up/paying ourselves back! We actually get to ADD to our savings, plus I made a little extra money on amazon! YAY! 

3/11 - thumb.gif no spend!

3/12-14*  irked.gif

3/15 - irked.gif$12.99 at Goodwill for a new winter coat for DD. Xh left her backpack (with her outfit for today, coat, etc) in his car last night and it got stolen. GR!). Took money from sinking fund. It's raining and cold here, we didn't really have any options...and xh is a broke college student, so yeah.

*I'm officially started over totally recommited to no-spending. Last night I was laying in bed totally depressed over how lame-o my spending was this past weekend. Sure, I did cook the majority of our meals at home, but we still ate out twice, as well as made at least 3 "snack" food runs...plus MIL is a big thrift store junkie (as am I!) so we took her to a couple and I spend about $28 there. All in all, had I not blow the budget this weekend, I could be coloring in like, 2+ squares on our emergency fund chart (each square is $50/each), so I'm pretty disappointed with myself.

Okay...well...all I can do is pick myself up and move on..so...mooooooving on!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 08:06 AM

Progress:

Credit cards: $1300/2300 paid

Groceries: $281/650 ($225 milk + $50 bread =$375ish other groceries) <- this is for the next 5 weeks.

Savings: $0/300

March Goals:

No-Spend Days: 15/20

Take-Out: 0/1

Hang-Dry Laundry: 4/8

thumb.gif = No-Spend Day

smile.gif = Budgeted Spending

love.gif = Under budget!

irked.gif = Unbudgeted/Over budget

orngbiggrin.gif = Hung laundry

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.giforngbiggrin.gif

smile.gif Groceries. Went over what I had planned to spend by $38, but DH & I were trying something new. It still comes out of the grocery budget so no overspending, really. irked.gif because DH had a bit too much fun at Canadian Tire and charged it to the visa.

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.giflove.gif Our electric bill came in $60 less than I had planned! Set my bank to pay it later this month.

thumb.giforngbiggrin.giforngbiggrin.gif

10 thumb.gif

11 smile.gif Making a few grocery stops today. Withdrawing $ from the bank so I don't spend more than I budgeted.

12 smile.gif

13 thumb.giforngbiggrin.gif

14 thumb.gif

15 smile.gif bought DS a new carseat. We got our tax return so this is paid for, but came off the visa because I had to order online.

16 thumb.gif

17 smile.gif bought myself a new wrap for the baby

18 smile.gif withdrawing all the money we'll need for the month.

19 smile.gifirked.gif using gift cards to see a movie and go to dinner, & shopping for birthdays.

20 smile.gif groceries

21 thumb.gif

22 thumb.gif

23 thumb.gif

Meg
SAH, homeschooling mum to G (05/06), R (03/08), DK (04/09) + S (04/11)!!
Expecting #5, K, mid-November 2014! Team Green!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:29 PM

Will there be an April thread? I really need something like this to help get our spending back on track!!!

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!

User Tag List